Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879919 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:36am On Apr 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Ok bro I will wait but I just want to know if the medical is the only update that I should look out for because I thought the status of the application should include when it's being reviewed or not or if it's still on queue

Bro it stil on queue, jst b patient an hope for d best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:
when the medical request mail comes do you still need to book an appointment or you just go to the clinic?

You jst go to any of d cic clinics near by with d print out documents dat was attach to d CIC mail, dis attach are CIC med form and ur biodata front page of ur international passport( stamp with d cic stamp ).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2017
Osemigho:

Not sure but i think it is 28k+. Call their number to confirm and book appointment if needed.

God bless bro already called it's 28k but the earliest date they have is May 10 which is no good seeing as I'm applying for Fall 2017, running seriously out of time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2017
Try call consultant practice
tysaxmalomo:

God bless bro already called it's 28k but the earliest date they have is May 10 which is no good seeing as I'm applying for Fall 2017, running seriously out of time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2017
galileeteo:
I graduated from secondary school far back 2008, I then venture into business. Now I wish to study in one the colleges in canada for 2yrs to enable me live and work legally in canada. Please will it possible for me considering the gap in my education and my age 27yes? And please I can only afford 1yr fee , will I be able to work and pay for the 2nd yr ? Am also married with one kid and I wil also want my family to join me perhaps after studying for 2yrs . please I need you guys advice. I don't want to continue with business in nigeria again.

NOTE: secondary school is my highest education

Bro notin is impossible in d cite of God, but u ve to play ur part too, wit some factors to keep ur application tight, first u 've to pick a program related to ur business and support it with a powerful SOP and i will advice don't pick a dip, go for a Bsc due to no first college or uni certificate, age and gap ( age doesn't really count but depend on d VO an issue surrounding d application b4 him/her ).

Studying and working too to pay for your second year, will u be able to handle such, it all depend's in u generally.
NB it not going to b dat easy if ur tuition fee is on a high side, and secondly depend on d province u residing( like Manitoba and some few can help in such situation ). but in as much all dis may b on ground to help u, u still 've to show d VO aside ur first year, u ve to still show a reflected source of funds on ground or comin dat will Carter for d following year. ( u most 've a gud financial strength ).

Your family can join u wen u are dere dats not an issue, dere is a process for dat wen u get to dat bridge u will cross.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2017
not quiet clear. I want to do upfront medicals do I have to book. kindly send contacts for the hospitals in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2017
Markab:
Try call consultant practice

No need of even calling to book any appointment. dose are long Israelite journey, jst b at d clinic by 6:30am or latest 7am, be4 1pm u are thru.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2017
bosbebe:
not quiet clear. I want to do upfront medicals do I have to book. kindly send contacts for the hospitals in Lagos.

No need of even calling to book any appointment. dose are long Israelite journey, jst b at d clinic by 6:30am or latest 7am

Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice ,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: 5D Reverend Ogunbiyi Street,
Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2017
thanks, I guess I will see the form online to print out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2017
bosbebe:
thanks, I guess I will see the form online to print out?

Bro wat form are u talking abt, if d med form and u are running an upfront med u will get it at d clinic jst go with 1or 2 passport pix, ur international passport and 28k sometin. success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=bosbebe post=55739554]The Consultants practice, 25 Raymond Njoku street, Ikoyi Lagos. u don't have to book an appointment , make sure u go there around 8am and u will be done within 1hr depending on the crowd there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
thanks. so that's all I need I thought there is a form to go with from CIC website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please a friend is trying to upload addition documents requested from accra. But it keep returning the mail as "Message not delivered'. I feel its cause of the number of attachments (9 in number) . I want to help her upload them on google drive and put the link in the email....

Please guys that have ever sent "requested additional documents' to accra is this acceptable?

Or how do i tackle this?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by StCruz247: 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello wonderful people, This forum is the best .My wife is a fresh MBBS graduate who is currently doing her NYSC and wants do her Masters in Public Health. Our challenge is getting a school that can grant funding as we all know that funding can go a long way to reduce the stress attached to tuition and TRV application . Please does anyone have info on Uni/school that she can apply and possibly get funding . Best regards house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ether4: 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please some one help me answer this. I am currently on a student visa in another country. What should be my answer to this question?

During the past five years have you or any family member accompanying you lived in any country than your country of citizenship or permanent residence for more than six months?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Ether4:
Please some one help me answer this. I am currently on a student visa in another country. What should be my answer to this question?

During the past five years have you or any family member accompanying you lived in any country than your country of citizenship or permanent residence for more than six months?
the question is clear bro, if u have been schooling in the country u are bow for more than six months then ur answer should be "yes" but if it's below six month then it's "No"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
bosbebe:
thanks. so that's all I need I thought there is a form to go with from CIC website
if u have been called for medical then u will see the medical form and ur international passport data page, u will take both to the clinic u intend doing ur medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
Wow, I'm so happy now.

I just got admitted for a Masters program in University of Alberta. Checked my account in Beartracks

I applied to 3 Universities, 2 denied my application, (University of Saskatchewan and University of British Columbia) University of Alberta accepted me cheesy cheesy.

I stood a slim chance, my CGPA was not very high, but advised me to go ahead, he even helped me out so much in many other ways ..
Mehn, people good ooo, I swear

God bless you Sir, I have seen sent you a mail, but you haven't responded, u told me never to reference our discussion here, but I can't contain this Joy ooo.

I also learnt a lot from Yemdogg, MichV..

God bless justwise, Seun and everybody here
God bless Nairaland
Wow wow so happy..

You guys would not understand my Joy.

Now Na Visa application matter grin, I don join
lipsrsealed grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by zaidasqueen: 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
hello everyone,please i have intentions of studying for my masters(MBA) in one of the schools in canada. this desire has been since 2013 but i have this procastination issue. i dont want this year to end again without me doing anything about it. please is there anyone who is currently applying fo studies in Canada, who will like to be my partner...like an accountability partner. so we can encourage and push each other please hit me up on..abby4laf@gmail.com. please reply either via the mail or on both platforms( mail and nairaland ) cos i hardly come online.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Josh92: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
aliACCA:
Part 12 is here grin grin

May this be the part that will put smile on our face shocked

Just had to learn how to post using hyperlink just now to keep this helpful links on the first page. Thanks to Richcasey for creating this and thesoj for adding to it and keeping it alive. Time for us to hold onto the baton.

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF MOST POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

Ontario Colleges programs search

TIPS ON WRITING AN SOP FOR THE VISA OFFICER Thanks @yemdogg

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

HOW TO TACKLE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD, NO MATTER WHEN IT WAS POSTED

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

IS IT HARDER OR EASIER TO GET A TRV WITH PGC/PGD ADMISSION VS. MASTERS? Thanks @yemdogg

Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

CHEAP GCMS ORDERING SERVICE

TRAVELLING TIPS #1

TRAVELLING TIPS #2

LIFE IN CANADA Tips

HINTS ON SECURING ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES Thanks Yemdogg

thanks to @richcasey, thesoj, yemdogg, justwise, michv and past and prospective future gurus

Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=mcobex post=55740882][/quote]

About the clinic that doesn't need booking, how much are the fees ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Josh92: 4:45pm On Apr 20, 2017
Aghatise:
Any Memorial (MUN) Fall 2017 potential graduate student in the house ? Any update on the admission status from graduate school?

Yeah, got my admission letter on Feb 28, accepted the offer... Also paid the $2000 CAN expected to be paid. Applied to study Environmental Systems Engineering and Management (M.Asc), starting in September.
Already at the visa application stage (not submitted though). Taking my time to read and learn from those who has experienced favor. Mine will surely end well too!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mattezo: 4:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I just collected my passport now and I was rejected based on two things.

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

Am shocked with purpose of visit because, the essence of this is schooling, and it relates to my work experience, and for travel history I have never travelled out of the country, what could be happening??

House kindly shed more light on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mattezo:
Hello Everyone,

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

Am shocked with purpose of visit because, the essence of this is schooling, and it relates to my work experience, and for travel history I have never travelled out of the country, what could be happening??

sorry for ur delay..!! sad sad
Can you give a little brief profile about yourself touching on program u did during your UG studies, intended program and how it relates with ur UG and or current work.... i guess u pgd or pdc applicant

For travel history dont worry too much about that.

Also, order for gcms file as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2017
Mattezo:
Hello Everyone,

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

Sorry for the delay,but I believe for any help to be rendered to you sir, there needs to be a more detailed analysis of everything you submitted. Your submission is a little vague and no truly meaningful, non-generic answer can be given to you without the compete details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please Can i use a google drive link to send additional documents to the embassy via email??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2017
tysaxmalomo:

About the clinic that doesn't need booking, how much are the fees ?
I did it for #28,050 last June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Qwertyasdf: 5:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Purpose of visit can be linked to other reasons.

Mattezo:
Hello Everyone,

1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:37pm On Apr 20, 2017
Kowalskiq:
Wow, I'm so happy now.

I just got admitted for a Masters program in University of Alberta. ......
Now Na Visa application matter grin, I don join
lipsrsealed grin
Lol. I know and have experienced that feeling. Congrat!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
it seems part time tuition fees are reasonably low, please has anyone gone for part time studies probably in business related masters program before?

please does anyone have idea about the feasibility of entering through a part time route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
chimah3:
Please Can i use a google drive link to send additional documents to the embassy via email??

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
Try compressing the docs. It could be due to the size.

1. Check out the link How to shrink files for your online application posted above by Josh92

2. See the extract below from the link Steps to Online Visa Application in the same post.
¶ All you need to do is look for the documents you are able to provide on this list and then Copy and Paste them into a Microsoft word after scanning…..Save the document as PDF format in other to get a lower size pdf document…..if at the end you shrinked to pdf and you still have a larger size pdf, then please download a pdf compressor www.pdfcompressor.org

Hope it helps

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
House, please my app is currently under process, is it possible for me to add any other documents via email? If yes pls guide me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.