Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877409 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 5:56am On Apr 25, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Has anyone applied successfully using a conditional letter of admission?
I'll suggest you fulfil the conditions for admission bfr applying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 6:14am On Apr 25, 2017
I was granted visiting visa last year nov to expire in November, unfortunately I couldn't travel. Do I need to state this and the reason in my SOP. Where do I get the UCI number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 6:45am On Apr 25, 2017
bosbebe:
I was granted visiting visa last year nov to expire in November, unfortunately I couldn't travel. Do I need to state this and the reason in my SOP. Where do I get the UCI number.
I dont think its necessary to state why you havent travelled
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:48am On Apr 25, 2017
bosbebe:
If this is your first time of applying for Study permit, u don't require UCI number, its a number given to applicants that has previously applied for TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 6:53am On Apr 25, 2017
yemdogg:

My very own brother from another womb. God bless you yafunyafun.

I recognise your invaluable contribution to the growth of this family and I understand your frustration with the attitudes of some peeps here. However, I hasten to state that we're family in this thread and notwithstanding the behaviour and conducts of some people, we cannot stop rendering our invaluable assistance to our brothers and sisters. Of course some of our brothers and sisters are mischievous buh we shouldn't hasten to generalise. Your assistance to the people here on are invaluable, it simply cannot be quantified.

I have assisted so many people hereon, I have spent hundreds of hours tidying up people's application and to even think that I have not even met a single person on this forum in person yet i am quite motivated to render assistance when required is quite amazing. It's actually gladdens my heart to see these testimonies. MichV a lot of people have benefited from your posts either directly and indirectly and they have saved a lot of people from the almighty hammer of refusal. My brother pls keep up the good work. Your generations will benefit from your good deeds. God bless you.

I appreciate you all....particularly Austinpee4, Eraytee, nelly28, thesoj, justwise, mcobex, wealth360, aliaca, Osemigho, and every single person I didn't mention for your disposition to always assist each other. God bless you all.

Senior Man you gladden my heart with dis words. God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 7:00am On Apr 25, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Has anyone applied successfully using a conditional letter of admission?

yes I did and I got my TRV. it depends on the conditions. like mine was to provide my BEng Certificate and I included a copy of it to CIC to show them I can meet the condition requirement. so please make sure you have evidence to show you can meet the condition requirement. If it is to pay tuition fee or any money , please do it before applying for TRV. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2017
maziude:

Thanks boss. Na God's grace oh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2017
wealth360:

I will also rejoice with the likes of michV, Yemdogg, osemigho, Igbouwanile and rest on the trv list. God bless Folaroyal anywhere u dey.

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by blazeO07: 8:05am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello my people, m in a dilemma here.. 4me It's tough to prove that I will come back because I don't have real employment. Am going for mechanical engineering, Buh my bachelor's is in petroleum engineering and my Nysc and other jobs Av gotten hav jus been admin and customer service jobs. I really want to start up fresh with mech, but my application seems so porous now. How do I provide proof of strong ties to home apart from family? How do I make this my app add up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2017
jidefrank:
hello everyone,

please I need help regarding bank statement. can my sponsor be someone outside my immediate family, say an uncle
Does anyone know if it will be acceptable to CIC.

Thanks
yes u can use someone outside ur immediate family, but the person must convince the vo in his letter of support and also show commitment by paying ur tuition fee and transferring ur living expenses (10kcad) into ur bank account . with that u must hv cleared any doubt the vo would hv concerning funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:23am On Apr 25, 2017
blazeO07:
Hello my people, m in a dilemma here.. 4me It's tough to prove that I will come back because I don't have real employment. Am going for mechanical engineering, Buh my bachelor's is in petroleum engineering and my Nysc and other jobs Av gotten hav jus been admin and customer service jobs. I really want to start up fresh with mech, but my application seems so porous now. How do I provide proof of strong ties to home apart from family? How do I make this my app add up?
bro I think u have more problem to tackle than just home tie, ur intended program isn't in line with ur previous program so that's a big problem. yes u want to go for another UG program in mechanical, that means u will have to tell the vo what u have been doing for the past 5 years or so (which is the period u used to get ur BSc in petroleum engineering ). If u can explain that educational gap very well then u have a chance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 8:24am On Apr 25, 2017
wealth360:

did you link your application online to receive messages from CIC? have u ever received any mail from CIC?

no i didnt link my application online,i submitted all necessary documents and am yet to receive any mail from cic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by blazeO07: 8:50am On Apr 25, 2017
mcobex:
bro I think u have more problem to tackle than just home tie, ur intended program isn't in line with ur previous program so that's a big problem. yes u want to go for another UG program in mechanical, that means u will have to tell the vo what u have been doing for the past 5 years or so (which is the period u used to get ur BSc in petroleum engineering ). If u can explain that educational gap very well then u have a chance

No bro. It's a course only masters Meng. Program in mechanical engineering. I graduated 2014. Finished serving 2015. Worked in customer service in 2016.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2017
blazeO07:

No bro. It's a course only masters Meng. Program in mechanical engineering. I graduated 2014. Finished serving 2015. Worked in customer service in 2016.
bro I don't understand , pls explain better. to me u said u studied petroleum engineering but u intend going for mechanical engineering now, that's why I said both courses aren't in line so for u to silent the petroleum engineering u must explain to the visa officer what u were doing that period cos the visa officer won't be happy seeing any gap without reasonable explanation for it. explain better let me know what u meant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Omobahassy:
Hi everyone, please I will like to apply next month, though I did applied last year and got refused due to insufficient funds. Now I want to know how long the money will have to stay or reflect in my account for CIC to confirm. Please it is urgent coz the money I want to use isn't mine. Thanks
Lol! bro it's "SAFER" if the money can be there throughout the duration of ur application , imagine if u remove the money immediately after application and during the waiting period cic now ask for ur statement of account again (which is a rare case though). what will u do in that situation?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 9:18am On Apr 25, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
19. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.

bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:29am On Apr 25, 2017
ayos16:

no i didnt link my application online,i submitted all necessary documents and am yet to receive any mail from cic

Nawa for you oooooo. based on logistics and protocols you for don know to link your app to online. check below and and link it to see how far before you collect your PP
Reminder for those that need it. how to link your paper application to online app

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2017
Omobahassy:
Hi everyone, please I will like to apply next month, though I did applied last year and got refused due to insufficient funds. Now I want to know how long the money will have to stay or reflect in my account for CIC to confirm. Please it is urgent coz the money I want to use isn't mine. Thanks
hope u got ur gcms file as to know the real interpretation of that "INSUFFICIENT FUND". cox there are different meanings to that according to the gcms files have seen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2017
Osemigho:
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.
20. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2017
wealth360:

Nawa for you oooooo. based on logistics and protocols you for don know to link your app to online. check below and and link it to see how far before you collect your PP
Reminder for those that need it. how to link your paper application to online app

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

thanks for your post bro, have seen this ur post quite a number of times, but to the bold, its never an issue filling that, have never had issues linking app with filling the above bold, at least few monikers that have helped as regards to this can testify to that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2017
Good Morning my people. My wife was initially admitted for MESc at University of Western Ontario but the supervisor wanted her to start in January 2017, meanwhile she applied for Fall 2017. The admission letter came out in december for January 2017 but we appealed to the supervisor to defer her till May 2017. He agreed and issued another letter and she used that to apply for TRV on Jan 12th, 2017 with upfront medicals. School is resuming May 8 and still haven't heard from CIC.

Is it Ok to request for another deferral though I once heard schools do not approve deferral twice(Dunno how true). Please kindly advice on the best option (wait or request for deferral bearing in mind that its a full funding and we hope the man doesn't change the mind)?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omojehovah(m): 9:56am On Apr 25, 2017
blazeO07:

I'm thinking you might have to explain to the VO, the connection between petroleum and mechanical engineering. To the best of my knowledge, I know there is no how you'll study pet engr without offering some mechanical engineering courses, you could use that as a point in trying to show connection between the two courses. Also, I know in oil fields there are mechanical engineers on site, who carry preventive and corrective maintenance on moving parts. Hence, you could explain how these engineering sectors complement one another, and you having gained knowledge on pet engr wish to explore mechanical engr in order to have an integrated knowledge. As regards your work experience, working as an admin personnel and customer service agent must have afforded you the opportunity of learning how to deal with different ppl irrespective of individual differences, this advantage could as well help you to be good team player. As far as I know in Oil and gas industries, you don't work in isolation, you work in teams and also during masters you will have group assignments and projects, this soft skill that you have acquired will help you a lot. I hope get what I'm trying to say. I feel you shouldn't give up, all you need is to find a rythmic connection. My thoughts though.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2017
Eraytee:

thanks for your post bro, have seen this ur post quite a number of times, but to the bold, its never an issue filling that, have never had issues linking app with filling the above bold, at least few monikers that have helped as regards to this can testify to that.

Am not disputing that fact bro. That was how I did mine maybe the settings has changed on CIC website. but the koko is that people follow the format and linked their app to online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Markab:
Good Morning my people. My wife was initially admitted for MESc at University of Western Ontario but the supervisor wanted her to start in January 2017, meanwhile she applied for Fall 2017. The admission letter came out in december for January 2017 but we appealed to the supervisor to defer her till May 2017. He agreed and issued another letter and she used that to apply for TRV on Jan 12th, 2017 with upfront medicals. School is resuming May 8 and still haven't heard from CIC.

Is it Ok to request for another deferral though I once heard schools do not approve deferral twice(Dunno how true). Please kindly advice on the best option (wait or request for deferral bearing in mind that its a full funding and we hope the man doesn't change the mind)?

Thank you

Omo mehn.....Its a tight one ooo. Full funding and you must not loose that funding ooooo. 1.How is your application so far? did you apply online or paper? if it is paper app, have you linked it online? answer all this question first before the full gurus for hus talk put.
sharp sharp answer cos May 8 is close by

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2017
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Medical mail 24th March.APPROVED
20. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route

@OSEMIGHO am just helping ooooo. I know this is your field sir....Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2017
wealth360:

Am not disputing that fact bro. That was how I did mine maybe the settings has changed on CIC website. but the koko is that people follow the format and linked their app to online.

yeah but like 3 monikers have pmed me and was unable to link their apps due to the negligence of what you said they should not fill, and after guiding them to filling it they were able to link the app, i just dont want to mention the monikers. one of the moniker said i should come on here to correct it but i told her no need, so when i saw same thing this morning i cant but point that out. its a nice step by step u put up, but they should fill all the necessary details the form brings, cox what is given to fill are all in IMM1294E form submitted. thank you and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Matte2016: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Good morning everyone. Please help me look into this as this is the only one ticked after 11 months.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Markab:

Thank you
I think and feel you should wait till maybe after 8th of May before you contact the school again. Some schools allow international students to resume few days to a week after resumption.

Concerning the deferral, yes some schools don't defer admission more than twice but should there be a genuine and a very good reason to defer again, they will. They probably may ask you to pay the application fee again but your admission will still be offered to you.

In any case, after resumption of the program and nothing yet from CIC, you/wife can commence the process of deferral again citing the delay in procesing of the study permit.It surely will defer it again but may be at a cost.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Matte2016:
Good morning everyone. Please help me look into this as this is the only one ticked after 11 months.
It is what it is brother. You are inadmissible to canada for mis-representation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Matte2016:

did u receive any message from IRCC as regards misrepresentation prior to the refusal? just order for your gcms note and i hope this your misrepresentation does not attracts ban.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Matte2016: 10:29am On Apr 25, 2017
thank you bro, i used an agent tho. quote author=Austinpee4 post=55895566]
It is what it is brother. You are still inadmissible to canada for mis-representation. You apparently were banned previously and the period hasn't elapsed. So you have to wait for 2 years more before you can aply to canada. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.