Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880388 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
AYMONI:
Pls house i got ds message frm Canadian embassy on Friday 28th. I applied since June 2016. Really, i dont know wats happening.

Need some explaination house.

Hello

We acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Please note that your application is in a queue pending additional processing.

You shall be notified once a decision is made.

Kind Regards

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PY )
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Additional processing, since when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
AYMONI:
Pls house i got ds message frm Canadian embassy on Friday 28th. I applied since June 2016. Really, i dont know wats happening.

Need some explaination house.

Hello

We acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Please note that your application is in a queue pending additional processing.

You shall be notified once a decision is made.

Kind Regards

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PY )
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

Did you do an up front medical or were you sent a medical mail?

Back to the issue, i suspect this change is coming up because of the many forex regulations going on in Nigeria at the moment. But then again, I might be wrong as only the VO knows why the additional processing requirements.

But since June 2016? That is close to a year. There is something wrong somewhere.
Just keep praying for a positive outcome after the wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hello house, how soon can one do upfront medicals. She'd it be week of submission. I intend submitting latest Friday via paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Please guys,

If you have submitted your TRV application and you are yet to "notify" the house, please do so as soon as you can. I am quite sure the names we have up there are not just the ones that submitted their applications.
Your letting us know has 2 effects : 1) it gives a timeline as to when applications are processed, from submission to approval. Thereby giving others a clue as to certain time frames for VO requests etc and 2) It also helps to monitor your application too. Atleast, if we see an application that is yet to see any movement since submission and is way beyond processing time, we can atleast notify you to find out what is going on.

It is a win-win for all.

May God favour us all.

Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
bosbebe:
Hello house, how soon can one do upfront medicals. She'd it be week of submission. I intend submitting latest Friday via paper route

Your question not very clear.

1. If you are talking about doing an upfront after submitting your application, then i will advice you to hold on, until you are requested to do so by the VO via medical mail.

2. if u intend to do an upfront Medicals, then go with your passport and two passport pictures as well as the required amount. After Medicals, you would be given an e-Medical sheet which should be attached to your document as proof of medical. I think that's all. The whole process should not be more than a day (1-5 hours depending on the number of people there).

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Thanks the second paragraph applies. Am clear now that I will be given a document to attach to my application. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
But the second part of my question is with is the timeframe I.e between medical and submission. Considering that it's state of salty they want to know can one do medicals and submit after a week or two
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
bosbebe:
But the second part of my question is with is the timeframe I.e between medical and submission. Considering that it's state of salty they want to know can one do medicals and submit after a week or two

the medicals is valid for a year... so until it has elapsed u can submit it smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
Please add

newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route (Mine)
Newman10100, March 22 Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route (My younger brother)

maziude:
Please guys,

If you have submitted your TRV application and you are yet to "notify" the house, please do so as soon as you can. I am quite sure the names we have up there are not just the ones that submitted their applications.
Your letting us know has 2 effects : 1) it gives a timeline as to when applications are processed, from submission to approval. Thereby giving others a clue as to certain time frames for VO requests etc and 2) It also helps to monitor your application too. Atleast, if we see an application that is yet to see any movement since submission and is way beyond processing time, we can atleast notify you to find out what is going on.

It is a win-win for all.

May God favour us all.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 4:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
1soul:

Since the statement has already been printed, will it be okay to now print the preceeding one month on tueday to make it up 4 months when put together?

Remember the dates they were printed will show that the last 3 months statement was printed on Friday while the first one month will be next Tuesday.

Just don't know..
print the preceding month on Tuesday...its still better that way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
Newman1010:
Please add

newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route (Mine)
Newman10100, March 22 Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route (My younger brother)

Mehn! two of you checking out at once, not bad though, God help us #Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by napoleonsmart: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Good pm house and happy new month in Advance. May the month favour us all with good news

Please my brother is going to submit this week via paper , I would like someone to remind me, how many photocopy of each document does has to make for submission. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
napoleonsmart:
Good pm house and happy new month in Advance. May the month favour us all with good news

Please my brother is going to submit this week via paper , I would like someone to remind me, how many photocopy of each document does has to make for submission. Thanks

ameen bro.

One photocopy of EACH DOCUMEnt is enough. Please note only photocopies of your documents will be accept except for your bank statement. Thus aside your aside your original SoA no other original document will be accepted except photocopies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by napoleonsmart: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
oluwaCanny:

ameen bro.

One photocopy of EACH DOCUMEnt is enough. Please note only photocopies of your documents will be accept except for your bank statement. Thus aside your aside your original SoA no other original document will be accepted except photocopies

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
@chimah3, nice post.

But what will be the content of the bank reference letter? would it just state that you have funds in your account or that they guarantee that the funds in the account will be used to pay your fees/ living expenses. if it is the latter, then I can tell you that no bank in Nigeria will give such assurance to you. Its like a Bank Guarantee and it has to involve the Legal department. The bank can be held responsible if such student is unable to pay fees.

What the embassy is trying to do, is to catch up with people that lodge money into their account for application and then give them out to the owners after application.

The issue we are having is that Nigerian students abroad, are finding it difficult to pay fees because of our exchange rate system and most can't find a good job abroad to raise their fees.

I think the best thing to do is to show your bank statement in dollars or other third currencies. Every other thing you wrote down there can be easily gotten except the bank reference letter.

Lastly I want to encourage everyone to pay tuition for at least one year because it will be difficult to raise your entire tuition while schooling. Also take advantage of this CBN intervention @ 360/dollar. It is not sustainable and can be stopped anytime.

Wish all of us success in our study permit application.

chimah3:
For those that got a letter from the embassy asking for additional bank assurance letter and CBN letter...

Please do the following:

1. Get a Reference letter from your bank or Sponsors bank (If sponsored)
2. Get your sponsor to write an attestation letter stating that they are still willing to support you.
3. Get a more recent bank statement (If you have a dorm account with converted funds PLEASE include it too and state in the cover letter you are going to write that those funds have already been converted for part or wholly for your required 10000 CAD living expense)
4. Attach this CBN circular that shows you are able to carry up to 10000USD (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2015/ccd/money%20laundering%20press%20release.pdf)
5.Attach this CBN circular that also shows you are entitled to 4000 USD FROM CBN when your visa is approved (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2017/ccd/circular%20on%20new%20policy%20on%20pta%20school%20fees.pdf)
6. Attach confirmation letter from school showing you have paid your school fees and Attach receipt if you feel its necessary.
7. Write a cover letter explaining all Ive said here, also write and assurance them that the necessary funds are available and you promise funding will not be an issue. (Future SOP writer please always spell this point out in BOLD). #Tip

When this is done...Please come and share your success story. It shall all end in praise!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
Amen

Igbouwanile:

Mehn! two of you checking out at once, not bad though, God will help us #Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
Is2bEe:
print the preceding month on Tuesday...its still better that way

Ok bro... I pray it doesn't affect my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
1soul:
Good morning house, please I have an issue here o

My sponsor(my maternal aunt) went to print her bank reference and statement of account for me and it turned out too voluminous, so she asked them to print for 3 months which was still over 80 pages with a sitting balance of 25million and a turnover of 750million for that 3 months.

Now my question is, can I use the bank statement of 3 months since she had already transferred 5m to my account last week for my studies? Is it ok to use the statement like that for my application as I am applying on Tuesday. Please I need urgent response?

Help a brother.

Are you applying from abuja?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
oluwaCanny:

ameen bro.

D pp biodata is two copies.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 5:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
oluwaCanny:

ameen bro.

so you mean two copies of documents submitted; photocopies and an extra copy of the photocopy.
Hope that is correct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
16. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
17. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
18. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
19. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
20. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
21. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
22. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
23. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
24. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
25. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
26. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
27. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
28. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
29. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
30. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
31. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2017
benatokwu:
Hello house please how can I apply for gcms from nigeria nd please can any one help me with the link..tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
[Someone messaged me on whatsap that the police clearance is original?......

ameen bro.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
@benatokwu

www.gcmsnow.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Newman1010:
@chimah3, nice post.

But what will be the content of the bank reference letter? would it just state that you have funds in your account or that they guarantee that the funds in the account will be used to pay your fees/ living expenses. if it is the latter, then I can tell you that no bank in Nigeria will give such assurance to you. Its like a Bank Guarantee and it has to involve the Legal department. The bank can be held responsible if such student is unable to pay fees.

What the embassy is trying to do, is to catch up with people that lodge money into their account for application and then give them out to the owners after application.

The issue we are having is that Nigerian students abroad, are finding it difficult to pay fees because of our exchange rate system and most can't find a good job abroad to raise their fees.

I think the best thing to do is to show your bank statement in dollars or other third currencies. Every other thing you wrote down there can be easily gotten except the bank reference letter.

Lastly I want to encourage everyone to pay tuition for at least one year because it will be difficult to raise your entire tuition while schooling. Also take advantage of this CBN intervention @ 360/dollar. It is not sustainable and can be stopped anytime.

I said Reference letter not anything else you seem to be mentioning!

Every Nigerian bank can issue upon request a Reference letter if you run a current account. I can't say for savings! And it takes only about 5 minutes after requesting for it....very easy!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hello house please does anyone know how I can apply for gcms from nigeria nd whats the procedure nd also link..tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
Check the last five posts.

benatokwu:
Hello house please does anyone know how I can apply for gcms from nigeria nd whats the procedure nd also link..tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Flawless1988: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
@chimah3, nice post.

chimah3:
For those that got a letter from the embassy asking for additional bank assurance letter and CBN letter...

Please do the following:

1. Get a Reference letter from your bank or Sponsors bank (If sponsored)
2. Get your sponsor to write an attestation letter stating that they are still willing to support you.
3. Get a more recent bank statement (If you have a dorm account with converted funds PLEASE include it too and state in the cover letter you are going to write that those funds have already been converted for part or wholly for your required 10000 CAD living expense)
4. Attach this CBN circular that shows you are able to carry up to 10000USD (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2015/ccd/money%20laundering%20press%20release.pdf)
5.Attach this CBN circular that also shows you are entitled to 4000 USD FROM CBN when your visa is approved (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2017/ccd/circular%20on%20new%20policy%20on%20pta%20school%20fees.pdf)
6. Attach confirmation letter from school showing you have paid your school fees and Attach receipt if you feel its necessary.
7. Write a cover letter explaining all Ive said here, also write and assurance them that the necessary funds are available and you promise funding will not be an issue. (Future SOP writer please always spell this point out in BOLD). #Tip

When this is done...Please come and share your success story. It shall all end in praise!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Yamen21, submitted Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
16. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
17. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
18. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
19. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
20. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
21. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
22. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
23. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
24. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
25. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
26. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
27. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
28. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
29. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
30. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
31. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
Please guys, can someone accept an admission offer while on tourist visa in canada.. Like, can the tourist visa be changed to student visa while already on ground in canada? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Khloepatra3: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hello guys. I need advices please. I got a refusal letter yesterday from my study permit application, reasons being, the vo isn't convinced that I have sufficient funds and purpose of visit. I need advice on how I can tackle both of these reasons.
I have no previous degree whatsoever but my waec was in 2012 and I have been working ever since.
My tuition is 15kcad but none of it was paid because the uofw said they don't require any deposit. I also applied for UG pharmacy.
I plan to reapply and I have decided to pay my tuition in full.
My sponsor is my employer and the company's statement of account was submitted for my previous application. In the sponsorship letter he promised to cover my tuition and living expenses. Please I need advice on a possibly more convincing sponsorship letter. Also, can I include a affidavit for the sponsorship letter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Khloepatra3: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
House please do I have to make a new police report and medicals for a second application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.