Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880282 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 6:00am On Apr 29, 2017
ugolinze123:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED
JUST GOT THIS LETTER THIS WEEK FROM SOMEBODY I WAS HELPING OUT

This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/05/26

Please note:
Submission in person will not be accepted anymore.
You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You must provide the above information/documents within the time given. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number in your e-mail. All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Check my earlier post on how to tackle this.
A friend got this letter and received his TRV days after replying them. The person is on the right path fear not!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 7:00am On Apr 29, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
8. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
9. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
10. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
11. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
12. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
13. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
14. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
15. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
16. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route.
17. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
18. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
19. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
20. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
21. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
22. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
23. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
24. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
25. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
26. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.

University of Saskatchewan, April 28 , PhD online submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 9:32am On Apr 29, 2017
Osemigho:
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
7. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
20. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
22. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017.
25. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
26. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chigrad: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2017
Good day house. Pls would need your kind response. If one has gotten his student VISA and has arrived Canada and then decides to defer to the following semester due to some health challenge, can one still apply for SOWP with the deferment or you have to be in class before you're eligible to apply for your spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2017
25. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
26. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
27. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jboyjoel: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hello, i need your assistance from anyone (delayed) who has requested and obtained GCMS notes before.Kindly assist with a sample copy of the one issued that centers on Purpose of visit. I was delayed before,and have started processing for PGD admission (International Business Mgt) for Jan 2018 intake.

Please assist to enable me review and strategize ahead of it. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
mimshack2015:
Please, I want to apply for my student visa by may and got only 5m... self sponsorship. got admission already to study robotics @ conestoga.. will my account go through or I need a co. sponsor... Please kindly advise sincerely..
To know if it will be enough, calculate the equivalent in CAD of your 1st/2nd year tuition +living expenses*2 to be self sponsored.

Otherwise, calculate 1st year tuition + living expenses and then get a co-sponsor for the second year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Richy44:
Please how do I get the Part1 to 12 am new here wanna this a try by God's grace in Christ Jesus please help. Thanks

Read from part 11. Google it to get it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
ugolinze123:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED
JUST GOT THIS LETTER THIS WEEK FROM SOMEBODY I WAS HELPING OUT

This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/05/26

Please note:
You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You must provide the above information/documents within the time given. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number in your e-mail. All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.

No. this is heart breaking
It shall end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 3:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
Joshcoli:

No. this is heart breaking
It shall end in praise
It's not it's a path to getting your TRV approved. D demand is simple if only you do understand it. By complying to that request, u r on your way to get the TRV.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Msp post=56020749]
Hello,
Which bank did u try? I think you should print a page from flywires website showing what they are all about. If you can also print this info (how to pay tuition via flywire) from UofR's webpage and take to d bank to show the bankers. So that they can understand how it works.

Once it's Form A, these bankers tend to thread carefully.
Ok thank you for the info...it's Stanbic bank...I printed the invoice for them to see but still the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Msp: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
I knew it was stanbic, they are very one kind. Can you try keystone or 1st bank. Infact I need to start making my own enquiries now sef before I'm ready to make payment.

[quote author=Adesire1 post=56041637][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
Msp:
I knew it was stanbic, they are very one kind. Can you try keystone or 1st bank. Infact I need to start making my own enquiries now sef before I'm ready to make payment.

ok I will...thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2017
Please note:

Please gurus in the house is the above statement true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pls house, I really need ur input asap. Thanks.

My sponsor is a barrister and and with a chamber buh not as a staff(he does his own thing into property management)
His account is personal account and am wondering does he need a tax clearance or how will he present himself that can explain the money he is making since he is NOT A STAFF NOR HAVE A CHAMBER OF HIS OWN?

PLS help me out thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Johnmolla007: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
Please, I need to link my paper application online. Can someone explain to me how to do this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Johnmolla007:
Please, I need to link my paper application online. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

follow this and lets see if it works. please follow through step by step. whatever outcome please let the house know so we can edit the steps always posted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
I've arrived Canada safely. Travelled alongside Zigarr.

I wish you all the best.

If you need my assistance just quote my moniker I will respond.

Don't have a number yet so may not be able to help with GCMS notes.

Cheers everyone.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
vanod:

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

follow this and lets see if it works. please follow through step by step. whatever outcome please let the house know so we can edit the steps always posted.

@yemdogg ejo sir check the above method to link paper to online if it is correct? Thanks my Oga
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
wealth360:
Please note:

Please gurus in the house is the above statement true?

if u are implying to dis ur cut out, it means dat d required fund proof document requested for by d CIC can only b scan and e-mail to dem thru dat dere mail and not to b submitted at vfs to sendin.

And if implying to d general message of d poster inquest, i really don't know how true, but 2 or 3 people 've said to 've received same here, but didn't disclose d message, but for me I still don't tink it implies to all dere applicants because dere some cases dat will still b treated normally. But lets watch an see, please for dose dat will b getting d message should pls alway try and notify d hox, so as to know if its general and has come to stay for d time been.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eastcoast1: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Good evening my people, I got a mail from CIC after sending them a mail to know how far they have gone with my application because it as passed the normal processing time and they replied me that I should be patient because my application is under Additional processing. Please what does that means? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Genius000:

I wish you all the best.

Cheers everyone.

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Genius000:

I wish you all the best.

Cheers everyone.
i'm happy for u bro... can u share POE experience as well and may ur new home be of blessing u and us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
wealth360:

@yemdogg ejo sir check the above method to link paper to online if it is correct? Thanks my Oga

Yes...except the part where he said you should not fill city and country of birth. Pls ensure to fill it. Enter the information as contained in your application form. Every other thing he wrote are in line,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OGIYEN: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Go for PGD in a university not college
hustla:

So them still dey give PGD?
Has anyone gotten of recent on this thread?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
hello house, after submitting application is it possible or rather how possible is it for someone to add a document that was omitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Genius000:

I wish you all the best.

Good 2 hear u arrived safely, enjoy ursef bro!
do rep Naija well.
which airline did u make use of & wich province did u move to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Genius000:

I wish you all the best.

Cheers everyone.
What questions were u asked at the POE?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Eastcoast1:
Good evening my people, I got a mail from CIC after sending them a mail to know how far they have gone with my application because it as passed the normal processing time and they replied me that I should be patient because my application is under Additional processing. Please what does that means? Thanks.
It's like we are in the same shoe bro... I applied March 3 it'll be 2 months next week and I've received a mail twice that my application is yet to be updated since the last time i logged it to my account... I haven't sent any mail but I'm patiently waiting for God to perform wonders... This is my second application Online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 10:08pm On Apr 29, 2017
Eastcoast1:

It means you should be more patient & pray for a favourable end as the are carrying out additional scrutiny to your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 10:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
Genius000:

Congrats, do have a nice stay over there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Holyfield1:

I applied March 3 it'll be 2 months next week and I've received a mail twice that my application is yet to be updated since the last time i logged it to my account...

This is amazing, though quick/late response depends on every individuals case, however wen is ur program start date & did u do upfront medical?

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.