Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878128 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
Good day happy us NLders , Austinpee4, Trv doctor, Folaroyal, yepdogg, Osemigho please I need you and every other person who can to throw more light on this I studied political science UG I land a job as journalist for the past six months can i improve on myself by going for journalism in canada pgd or I will be hunt for purpose of visit? It really border's me BC of a post from Michv . please l need all of your different views on this , you people have been so helpful.
Please please I really want to know about changing my program, that is from political science U G to PGD journalism. If I may sale through?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hello guys...
Anyone here applied to university of Ottawa for fall 2017?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
Oh well! This will go down as one of the best time to be alive for students/parents/guardians making overseas school fees payment.

Banks now have 48 hours to complete this transaction!

Oya oya, y'all run to thy banks because we can wake tomorrow morning and see breaking news 'CBN worker runs away with money meant for school fees for nigerian students'
Goodnews for overseas students and intending students!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
Good evening house,
I paid my school fees from Switzerland, my sponsor told his colleague in Switzerland to pay the money while he refunds based on their agreement. His colleague transferred the money from his account... The account name bears the name of the colleague and not my sponsor and secondly the receipt is written in German... I hope these won't raise a red flag @michv @folaroyal @osemigho @mikymiko @justwise
Thank y'all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
BRANDYAK:
Good day happy us NLders ,a Austinpee4, Trv doctor, Folaroyal, yemdogg, Osemigho please I need you and every other person who can to throw more light on this I studied political science UG I land a job as journalist for the past six months can i improve on myself by going for journalism in canada pgd or I will be hunt for purpose of visit? It really bother's me b/c of a post from Michv . please l need all of your different views on this , you people have been so helpful.
Bro you are sarcastically ''painting down'' my MONIKER.That name TRV Doctor shouldn't be subjected to ridicule grin because it took experiences for me to earn that name from a successful applicant now in canada who originally conferred on me that honorable title. Emphatically state your difficulty so that we may help you and not wrongfully referencing my post because the previous post may have been designated to readdress certain concern on an issue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good evening house,
I paid my school fees from Switzerland, my sponsor told his colleague in Switzerland to pay the money while he refunds based on their agreement. His colleague transferred the money from his account... The account name bears the name of the colleague and not my sponsor and secondly the receipt is written in German... I hope these won't raise a red flag @michv @folaroyal @osemigho @mikymiko @justwise
Thank y'all

I dont tink so, you cud also explain to them, d same way u did on this thread and maybe put an evidence to back dis up( maybe an email comversation btw ur sponsor and d guy dt paid)

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
michV:
Bro you are sarcastically ''painting down'' my MONIKER.That name TRV Doctor shouldn't be subjected to ridicule grin because it took experiences for me to earn that name from a successful applicant now in canada who originally conferred on me that honorable title. Emphatically state your difficulty so that we may help you and not wrongly referencing my post because the previous post may have been designated to readdress certain concern on an issue
Bro sorry don't take offence I only want to know what is right since the topic was controversial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Boss20: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
Snappyfingaz:

I am in Saskatchewan. It is possible but it would take its toll on you. If your program allows you to work full-time during summers (and you're lucky enough to get summer jobs) and you cut down on expenses you can do it but trust me... It is difficult than it seems although not impossible.

Hello bro, Good day. Nice to hear you are in Saskatchewan. Have just been admitted to Usask for fall intake so I need some important info from you. Have sent you a mail please reply me. Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good evening house,
Thank y'all
@bold I believe the receipt you say in question is the receipt that emanated from the bank of origin that processed the transaction which is known as Telexcopy of Receipt.In addition I expected your experience.Can't you wait for your school in Canada to mail your soft copy of fee payment when the payment reflects on their system which will now be formal and in English language and avoid this issue of writing letter and explaining this and that to the Vo.To that effect,you can substantially claim to the VO that your original sponsor made this financial commitment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
BRANDYAK:

Bro sorry don't take offence I only want to know what is right since the topic was controversial.
uwc.as you can see I wasn't offended. I even used smiley grin above to justify my state of mood(happy mood) as of the time of writing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adewumz: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Good evening, please gurus in the house, I needs clarifications regarding reference letters for application to grad school. Please does the reference have to provide an institutional email address? Is it compulsory? Please, I will appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2017
adewumz:
Good evening, please gurus in the house, I needs clarifications regarding reference letters for application to grad school. Please does the reference have to provide an institutional email address? Is it compulsory? Please, I will appreciate your response. Thank you.

It depends on the institution in question. Some institutions/programs insist the referee email address must be an institutional email, while some institutions/programs are relaxed about such !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
michV:
Bro you are sarcastically ''painting down'' my MONIKER.That name TRV Doctor shouldn't be subjected to ridicule grin because it took experiences for me to earn that name from a successful applicant now in canada who originally conferred on me that honorable title. Emphatically state your difficulty so that we may help you and not wrongfully referencing my post because the previous post may have been designated to readdress certain concern on an issue

You have very experience in Journalism, my advice ! seek an admission in a program that aligns with your undergrad course.

However, if you'd ask me, your sop can actually address the discrepancies ! Political science and journalism can be interwoven and connected in some area. You just have to fish out those areas and dwell on them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2017
yemdogg:

You have very experience in Journalism, my advice ! seek an admission in a program that aligns with your undergrad course.

However, if you'd ask me, your sop can actually address the discrepancies ! Political science and journalism can be interwoven and connected in some area. You just have to fish out those areas and dwell on them.
e be like say you drink shayoo grin before storming this Thread. you are addressing the wrong moniker which is ME

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 9:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
maziude:
Hello guys...
Anyone here applied to university of Ottawa for fall 2017?
yes o...uottawa...masters in chemical engineering...admission status: under evaluation .....its over 3wks now....how about you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 9:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dudubery: 9:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
michV:
e be like say you drink shayoo grin before storming this Thread. you are addressing the wrong moniker which is ME

U'r funny grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
yemdogg:

I object to this idea.I strongly advocate,advise and direct that
there should be first a Clear correlation before digging and fishing to write pages and speaking English to the VO.
critics allowed...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
Dudubery:

U'r funny grin grin grin

you are well sighted..I humbly greet you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
michV:
I object to this idea.I strongly advocate,advise and direct there should be first a Clear correlation before digging and fishing to write pages and speaking English to the VO

Writing sops is all about strategising....Trv approval is not always about program consistency, it is always about convincing a VO to see you as a bonafide prospective student. It's about impressing the visa officer and to make the visa officer see the rationale behind your decision. There are instances where there will be the almighty program consistency and yet we go still hear "purpose of visit"

For instance, how can you claim to be a journalist and not have a solid foundation in governance, current affairs, and ultimately understand the principles of democracy. As a journalist, you need to be versatile and diverse. Political science will give you that foundation.

This trv thingy no be rocket science, it all depends on the strategy employed.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
michV:

See your head like agama lizard......you af smoke igbo again abi ? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
yemdogg:

michV:
Lol. Yemdogg and MichV, una yaff started athink? Wee you both keep kwayet!!!!! you two should report to the diary room Immediately! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
yemdogg:

Writing sops is all about strategising....Trv approval is not always about program consistency, it is always about convincing a VO to see you as a bonafide prospective student. It's about impressing the visa officer and to make the visa officer see the rationale behind your decision. There are instances where there will be the almighty program consistency and yet we go still hear "purpose of visit"

For instance, how can you claim to be a journalist and not have a solid foundation in governance, current affairs, and ultimately understand the principles of democracy. As a journalist, you need to be versatile and diverse. Political science will give you that foundation.

This trv thingy no be rocket science, it all depends on the strategy employed.
writing to that extent for conviction takes a great degree of professional articulation and expression which is not always easy.This is not usually so for masters/phd but this careful selection is always applicable to PGC(d) programs to at least ease the process on Purpose of visit refusal factor. @bold, paraphase that statement before someone will come later and say,''yemdogg bulldog said program consistency doesn't matter''. It matters oo b/c plenty refusals had been subjected to that.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
yemdogg:

shayoo coat your eyes sortie you no know say na me you come quote.wetin come make you make that kind mistake. na me dy do journa and political juganut?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2017
BRANDYAK:
Good day happy us NLders ,a Austinpee4, Trv doctor, Folaroyal, yepdogg, Osemigho please I need you and every other person who can to throw more light on this I studied political science UG I land a job as journalist for the past six months can i improve on myself by going for journalism in canada pgd or I will be hunt for purpose of visit? It really border's me BC of a post from Michv . please l need all of your different views on this , you people have been so helpful.

Bro no time for 50/50 gambling, dere is slit P S in jornal but like u state it jst six months of ur experience or practice, d VO could like to no y u decided to throw a 4year progrm, for a six months experience, u are on d risk on purpose of visit not even a gud LOE can clear dis sometimes bro my advice is pick ur political sc u can change after getting ur visa if u 've fall inluv with ur new carreer. success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
nelly28:

Bro no time for 50/50 gambling, dere is slit P S in jornal but like u state it jst six months of ur experience or practice, d VO could like to no y u decided to throw a 4year progrm, for a six months experience, u are on d risk on purpose of visit not even a gud LOE can clear dis sometimes bro my advice is pick ur political sc u can change after getting ur visa if u 've fall inluv with ur new carreer. success
I agree with you bro. Another very important thing for @BRANDYAK to put into consideration is the time frame between when he finished his undergrad and now.

If the gap is wide, justifiable reasons must be evident in his application that will warrant a higher degree. The key thing to always note in all is, Let your next choice of program reflect your most dominant activity or most recent activities. If it's work experience, it most be sufficient enough to propel more knowledge and skils in form of a higher degree. In this case, a master degree or higher will convience a VO.

4 years in pursuant of a bachelor degree is sufficient for a higher degree but it should have been gotten within the last 1 or 2 years especially when going for PGC/PGD.This reflect recent acquisition of knowledge and since PGC/PGD is mostly tailored for work place demand in canada, a VO will assume an applicant would use it as an entry for the work place.

Otherwise, the burden to convience a VO will be greater and most likely, such application will be questioned for unclear purpose of visit and may result in a refusal if these are not taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lovesavvi: 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
Pls all the guru in the house, what can u say for someone study physics with electronics nd go for pgc wireless networking and have 4 years working experience as an IT officer. Pls auspice ,Mitch's,yemdog, I need your opinion.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Austinpee4:

I agree with you bro. Another very important thing for @BRANDYAK to put into consideration is the time frame between when he finished his undergrad and now.

If the gap is wide, justifiable reasons must be evident in his application that will warrant a higher degree. The key thing to always note in all is, Let your next choice of program reflect your most dominant activity or most recent activities. If it's work experience, it most be sufficient enough to propel more knowledge and skils in form of a higher degree.

4 years in pursuant of a bachelor degree is sufficient for a higher degree but it should have been gotten within the last 1 or 2 years especially when going for PGC/PGD.This reflect recent aquisition of knowledge and since PGC/PGD is mostly tailored for work place demand in canada, a VO will assume an applicant would use it as an entry for the work place.

Otherwise, the burden to convience a VO will be greater and most likely, such application will be questioned for unclear purpose of visit and may result in a refusal.

Bro u nailed it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 2:18am On Mar 07, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol. Yemdogg and MichV, una yaff started athink? Wee you both keep kwayet!!!!! you two should report to the diary room Immediately! grin

Yes boss.

Good evening Big brother! I hereby nominate michv for eviction.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:04am On Mar 07, 2017
Correct...
PhD computer science... Under evaluation too since Feb 8th...
Although my POI said not to worry that it will be alright.

michaelbelgium:

yes o...uottawa...masters in chemical engineering...admission status: under evaluation .....its over 3wks now....how about you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 5:15am On Mar 07, 2017
Good morning house. Please what's the time frame for returning passport after passport request?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 5:16am On Mar 07, 2017
yemdogg:

Yes boss.

Good evening Big brother! I hereby nominate michv for eviction.

I hope we don't have fake house mates.........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.