Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887377 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:
Please house I am gathering my documents for trv application, will it be a problem if my undergraduate transcript is not included in my app? My school does not issue transcript to students.

Secondly must I declare all my siblings especially those far away from that I might have difficulty getting their birth certs and IDs?

Thirdly, I have a house rented out to twnants but the building is located in a rural area and therefore had no documentation, how do I represent this information in my application.

Brothers please help...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:
Please house I am gathering my documents for trv application, will it be a problem if my undergraduate transcript is not included in my app? My school does not issue transcript to students.
Try as much as you can to get your transcript; it's very important. There are ways to go about it.

Secondly must I declare all my siblings especially those far away from that I might have difficulty getting their birth certs and IDs?
Try to declare them if you can get them, except if you have other things to use as home ties (parents, assets...)

Thirdly, I have a house rented out to twnants but the building is located in a rural area and therefore had no documentation, how do I represent this information in my application.

Tenant agreement documents, various receipts of payment by your tenants, survey plan, C/o.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by iamosamede55: 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
wealth360:

@iamosamede55....dis. was som1's testimony mayb you can gain from it bro.

Hi everyone, I stumbled on this forum 2 days ago when I tracked my application and on cic website, it said 'final decision not started' but vfs said my passport was ready for collection. I was confused and scared and started checking online to see if that was nor

Timeline
1/11/16: submitted paper route
18/11/16: medical mail
24/11/16: medical done at consultant practice
1/12/16: medical passed update on cic
6/12/16: tracked via and said ready to pick
8/12/17: collected my visa at vfs lagos

documents submitted
Applicable cic forms
My SOA
Hubby's SOA
My dad's SOA (was co sponsor for hubby)
Police clearance
Marriage cert
Change of name copy
Tax receipts for my shop
SOP stating Mum in law will take care of my shop in my absence
Letter from my hubby's Nigeria employer.

Other documents
Hubby's study permit,
Letter from international students office in his school
Rent reciept
Passport data page
Social insurance in canada
School fees reciept
Confirmation of enrollment
Letter of invite

I give God all the glory.

This is amazing the timeline is just about a month

T

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kingsol234: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for all your thread. i followed it and got information. i applied Canada visa online and got information that it has been denied due to tie with Canada and home country. I had an expired Australian, New zealand and other countries stamp. Registered business and a property document, my wife Marriage certificate but still can not figure out the refusal reason.

Thanks for your wonderful thread here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
henrinco:
Tuzinde any update on your app

There has been no update so far
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
penitential:

Try as much as you can to get your transcript; it's very important. There are ways to go about it.

Try to declare them if you can get them, except if you have other things to use as home ties (parents, assets...)

I have my parents, my wife(works with a bank) and 2 months old daughter, plus my job since I will be on study leave. I have my pension and also a registered family company with CAC where I am a director while my dad the CEO.

Tenant agreement documents, various receipts of payment by your tenants, survey plan, C/o.....

Thanks bro... I have tenant agreement documents, receipts of payment, but there is no survey plan and C/o, like I said the building is in a rural area in Kano.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
I see that you've got lots of home ties. Make use of the options at bolded.
1soul:

Thanks bro...I have tenant agreement documents, receipts of payment, but there is no survey plan and C/o, like I said the building is in a rural area in Kano.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ask1509(m): 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
Osemigho:

Yes. But it seems my cal department make decision early cos other schools never reply.

Hearty congratulations bro. Still haven't heard from any of the schools I applied to in Canada including Calgary. Which program are you pursuing at Calgary? Mine is MSc Stats.
Can I PM you so we could link up?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2017
kingsol234:
Hello,

Thanks for all your thread. i followed it and got information. i applied Canada visa online and got information that it has been denied due to tie with Canada and home country. I had an expired Australian, New zealand and other countries stamp. Registered business and a property document, my wife Marriage certificate but still can not figure out the refusal reason.

Bro list down the complete documents you submitted don't give have half info,
So that the gurus in the house will help you out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
kingsol234:
Hello,

The reasons given on the refusal letter are generic. The actual reasons will be known to you when you order for the file the immigration officer made his submission regarding your application and all that made the officer refuse your application. This file is known as GCMS(Global case management system) file. Once you get it, you will then see the actual reasons for the refusal and better tackle it for a reapplication. There are a couple of sites to order for the file. Here is one http://gcmsnow.com. You can make further research for others that could be cheaper for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
penitential:
I see that you've got lots of home ties. Make use of the options at bolded.

So with this "my parents, my wife(works with a bank) and 2 months old daughter, plus my job since I will be on study leave. I have my pension and also a registered family company with CAC where I am a director while my dad the CEO." Plus the tenants agreements and receipts of payments do you think I will be good without declaring my siblings?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:22pm On Mar 04, 2017
Declare your available siblings as well. Can't be too much.
1soul:

So with this "my parents, my wife(works with a bank) and 2 months old daughter, plus my job since I will be on study leave. I have my pension and also a registered family company with CAC where I am a director while my dad the CEO." Plus the tenants agreements and receipts of payments do you think I will be good without declaring my siblings?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:

To add to @Penitential advise , Inclusion of family members on the family form is not only for home ties, it will also help them possibly in the future when you either need to make any immigration application for them later or need to sponsor them to come to canada or help them get legal status in canada once you are there.

So it will do you good to include your family members, this will be on their database and will be use not just when you apply for your study permit but also in the future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hi guys, please can someone tell me the cost of doing medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
penitential:
Declare your available siblings as well. Can't be too much.

Okay.

For the transcript, I called the lady that processed it for me when I visited the school, she said I should call back on Monday, I pray she send me a copy.

I will just declare two of my siblings.

Please has anyone succeeded in using Form A since the new policy review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Austinpee4:

To add to @Penitential advise , Inclusion of family members on the family form is not only for home ties, it will also help them possibly in the future when you either need to make any immigration application for them later or need to sponsor them to come to canada or help them get legal status in canada once you are there.

So it will do you good to include your family members, this will be on their database and will be use not just when you apply for your study permit but also in the future.

Now this is serious!

I have to include all of them and find a way to get all their birth certificates (shey that's all that would be needed). Now the problem is how do I reconcile the disparity in surname for my two married sister?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:

Now this is serious!

I have to include all of them and find a way to get all their birth certificates (shey that's all that would be needed). Now the problem is how do I reconcile the disparity in surname for my two married sister?
That they are married isn't going to stop them from being your sisters. Add their birth certs and also remember to specify their marital status on the family information form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
Form A is very mu check available in banks. Visit any bank and the will be ready to sell to you if and only if you can provide every necessary documents(intl ppt, admission letter, school reciept...) the processing should not take more than two weeks. It can be very fast as well esp if you have an insider that can help you push for it.
1soul:

Okay.

For the transcript, I called the lady that processed it for me when I visited the school, she said I should call back on Monday, I pray she send me a copy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
Their marriage certificate should be okay. And if they made media publication to their change of name, attach it to it.
1soul:

Now this is serious!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
penitential:
Their marriage certificate should be okay. And if they made media publication to their change of name, attach it to it.

Thank you boss!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:

Okay.

Hello, just has u have been advice. i will really encourage you to declare all you siblings, it will go along way to help them in the future, not declaring them now means alot. I dont also tink nt submitting their ID or PASSPORT will have any negative effect on your application and since they are not ur dependant, u really v no justifiable reason to hide them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by deedee0: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
I can soooo relate! nothing truer! Funny how I'm only checking up today, after so long because I need info on how to apply for Visitor visa for my folks *covers face
Finestlex:
you're Damn right. I'm one of them but I ain't proud of it. Life here is too busy, trust me. Coupled with time difference. Lots of bills to pay. I tried to keep up with NL when I got here in 2014 but Seneca college showed me pepper. I was working more than I was supposed to cos I be igbo man. Been a relief since I finished my two graduate certificate programs at Seneca last year December . Now we on the hustle of getting a job, thinking about PR, when to visit Naija. I still Salute and respect chrigo and miss bon for their contributions here. The hustle is real here. My email works best for me finestlex@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 10:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
elimsme:

Hello, just has u have been advice. i will really encourage you to declare all you siblings, it will go along way to help them in the future, not declaring them now means alot. I dont also tink nt submitting their ID or PASSPORT will have any negative effect on your application and since they are not ur dependant, u really v no justifiable reason to hide them.

Do you mean I can just list them with out necessarily attaching their birth cert, ID or Passport? Because that's where I have serious problem, they are far away from me…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hi guys,please someone should help me ooooo. The medical cost how much? And what payment method is the best?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwamalik(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
@Goodnews. Medicals cost 28k but call the Panel Physicians to know the real cost. Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sekinatmi(f): 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2017
1soul:

Okay.

I don't think she will send it to you because it is against school policy. kindly tell her you want to use it for something work related and send an acquaintance address and name to her.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Wolecypher: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
Good evening house. Pls I urgently need a help on house yo get police certificate. Is there anybody in d house dat have anybody who can help me get it. Am currently outside lagos and I learnt that I can only get it in alagbon. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 12:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Sure can help you get.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2017
sekinatmi:

I don't think she will send it to you because it is against school policy. kindly tell her you want to use it for something work related and send an acquaintance address and name to her.
. She will send it for sure . mine was sent to me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by elimsme: 3:30am On Mar 05, 2017
1soul:

Do you mean I can just list them with out necessarily attaching their birth cert, ID or Passport? Because that's where I have serious problem, they are far away from me…

I think so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 3:33am On Mar 05, 2017
wealth360:

LINKING YOUR paper application online

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application

just follow the instructions above carefully u will be glad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2017
Wolecypher:
Good evening house. Pls I urgently need a help on house yo get police certificate. Is there anybody in d house dat have anybody who can help me get it. Am currently outside lagos and I learnt that I can only get it in alagbon. Thanks

I'm not sure what you want is possible because you will have to do fingerprint for police certificate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.