Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887511 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2017
mcobex:
since u don't want to part with ur passport for now then wait till around August/September cos by then they must have worked on most of the September students applications. but if u want to apply now u can do that online as that won't require u submitting ur passport. NB: personally I will prefer u wait till first week of august
Thank sir, I really don't have anything doing with my passport oo, besides will they begin with winter applicants now??, I have my docs ready and don't want my few of my docs to expire.g bank statement(pardon my grammar) ..I feel i should gve a shot so even if I'm refused(God forbid) smiley I would have enough time to repackage...Abi what do you think sir?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2017
God bless you bro
Austinpee4:
The event of yesterday has shown that aside all the information, help and suggestions we get here, not everybody come here for these purposes. we MUST collectively protect this forum, it's integrity and ensure the aim is NEVER defeated.

It may not matter to us now but someday, somebody that we know or a love one might get hurt if we do not stand against any unscrupulous activity here atleast to protect a resourceful place like this that has/is helping people achieve whatsoever the desired/desiring.

I must commend @Justwise for always tracing and taking action to such issues just to keep this forum going. I salute you baba.

To everyone that have stood to maintain the intergrity of this place, i salute you too. One thing i personally have taken from forums like this is that it will always go beyond here. Some people will meet people that will make a difference in their lives even years after this place is no more. While we all have the opportunity to contribute, suggest, get useful information and get help we need at each time, do NOT drop comments, posts and talk about things that years later you would be disappointed reading. The internet always have a way to throw back to us what we never thought still exist, it's archive is the strongest and always recycled.

Do , say and post things that years from now, you can still look back to and be glad you had the priveledge to help somebody and be a blessing in someone's life and make a positive difference. Afterall, this is one of the major reason of our existence here on earth.I know a person or two may not see it this way and it is quite unfortunate.

It's of no good to abuse each chance we get to do this. We may never have it again and on such a platform as this.

I truly hope we do the right thing and know that someday, somethings will matter no more!

I greet una.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibeli0: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2017
Stages through which study application passes, Medical request is sent after background check

To process temporary resident applications, such as visitor visas, study and work permits, CIC will:

review your application to make sure it’s complete,
determine if you are allowed to come to Canada (this could include a background screening),
determine if you are eligible to apply to work, study or visit Canada
send you instructions on how to complete a medical exam, if you did not get your medical before sending in your application,
determine if you need to attend an interview, and
inform you of the decision made on your application.
If you applied online, CIC will contact you through your MyCIC account.

If you applied on paper, CIC will contact you through the contact information that you entered on your application form.
My people this should help all of us waiting anxiously ....copied from Canadavisa forum

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 11:19am On Jun 17, 2017
Moley22:
Thank sir, I really don't have anything doing with my passport oo, besides will they begin with winter applicants now??, I have my docs ready and don't want my few of my docs to expire.g bank statement(pardon my grammar) ..I feel i should gve a shot so even if I'm refused(God forbid) smiley I would have enough time to repackage...Abi what do you think sir?
u can apply now then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2017
No I did not use police report. What do u think?
C3PO:
Hello sir,
28th of April? That's approaching 2 months.
Is that what your application portal says?

Did you use a police report?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2017
ibeli0:
Stages through which study application passes, Medical request is sent after background check

To process temporary resident applications, such as visitor visas, study and work permits, CIC will:

review your application to make sure it’s complete,
determine if you are allowed to come to Canada (this could include a background screening),
determine if you are eligible to apply to work, study or visit Canada
send you instructions on how to complete a medical exam, if you did not get your medical before sending in your application,
determine if you need to attend an interview, and
inform you of the decision made on your application.
If you applied online, CIC will contact you through your MyCIC account.

If you applied on paper, CIC will contact you through the contact information that you entered on your application form.
My people this should help all of us waiting anxiously ....copied from Canadavisa forum
very helpful post..I must say

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rubbies22: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hi
I am applying for study visa on Monday for my admission to fall 2017 U of A MEng...
I am planning on submitting online
- recently got laid off from work -in march, ---admission can in may
-New job( unrelated) in same month
-Got recommended from both old and new job
- paid my tuition - hv receipt
-Conditions offer( transcript)
-Sponsor myself (1.6m)plus uncle as co sponsor (10m with 2 account- working)
-Police report (getting it on Monday, paid 10k btw Abj)
Pls any thing to help and can I get my visa before sept
School start sept 1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Spect10: 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
great peeps,
Please can anyone advise on how to retrieve my application? I just submitted last week .paper route and then I got my ielts results yesterday in which I got a good score to go the PR route .hence the need for me to stop my study visa application.
What address to I send email to pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdullahi45: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
Good afternoon gurus,

I have some issues here which needs immediate response,

Please kindly advice me on what to do please:
I applied for admission at UBC, McGill and Manitoba, already rejected at UBC and McGill but Manitoba is telling me that I would be rejected if i don't get a supervisor by July 3rd, my program coordinator says he has passed my application to all faculty staffs and that I should also still continue with my search via sending the potential supervisors email, which i have sent tire with no positive response. In your own opinion sirs and mas what do you think i can do best at this moment I don't want to get rejected here again

I think i have made a very big mistake for applying to only the top ranked and highly competitive university in Canada but nevertheless which university do you think i can put in for prior to Winter 2018 admission, less competitive ones and that easily accept Nigerians with good grades. I would like to pursue Msc in either Microbiology or Biotechnology.

Getting a research supervisor at University of Dalhousie and Regina have been like hell, i have sent introduction letter tire but no positive response. Advise please??

I await your magnanimous response Pls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
I am in very big soup! I just realised I attached the wrong admission offer letter(an older one, I deferred) to my study application! is there anyway i can send the right one to them? I applied via paper route two days ago.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jaybaby2017: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please house, i'm new here. just got to know of this forum. I'm using a consultant for my study permit application into UNBC and they are yet to submit my application. I just want to know when it will be late. Classes starts september 2nd 2017. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:
I am in very big soup! I just realised I attached the wrong admission offer letter(an older one, I deferred) to my study application! is there anyway i can send the right one to them? I applied via paper route two days ago.
let us all be careful of little little mistakes like this! Don't overlook anything if not for anything for the sake of 56k application fee abeg na

Over to the gurus to suggest way out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
CanadianNurse:
let us all be careful of little little mistakes like this! Don't overlook anything if not for anything for the sake of 56k application fee abeg na

Over to the gurus to suggest way out

I wish I took the time to vet the offer letter, I just cursorily glanced over it and immediately i saw offer year 2017 I thought all was well, forgetting the school once made an error of deferring my admission to winter 2017 before they sent another offer letter deferring it to fall 2017. I just hope I can remedy this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:
I would be suggesting u link your application online.. you have paid tuition fee and also submitted the receipt?....they might get back to you ....above all pray....no application is perfect without God

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

I wish I took the time to vet the offer letter, I just cursorily glanced over it and immediately i saw offer year 2017 I thought all was well, forgetting the school once made an error of deferring my admission to winter 2017 before they sent another offer letter deferring it to fall 2017. I just hope I can remedy this.
I actually do not get what you mean. You applied with the offer of jan 2017?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
abdullahi45:
Good afternoon gurus,

I applied for admission at UBC, McGill and Manitoba, already rejected at UBC and McGill but Manitoba is telling me that I would be rejected if i don't get a supervisor by July 3rd, my program coordinator says he has passed my application to all faculty staffs and that I should also still continue with my search via sending the potential supervisors email, which i have sent tire with no positive response. In your own opinion sirs and mas what do you think i can do best at this moment I don't want to get rejected here again

I think i have made a very big mistake for applying to only the top ranked and highly competitive university in Canada but nevertheless which university do you think i can put in for prior to Winter 2018 admission, less competitive ones and that easily accept Nigerians with good grades. I would like to pursue Msc in either Microbiology or Biotechnology.

Getting a research supervisor at University of Dalhousie and Regina have been like hell, i have sent introduction letter tire but no positive response. Advise please??

I will advice you have your Research Proposal sent to all the departmental Lectures. If your proposal is in line with any of the available lectures on ground, you will definitely be contacted. If proposal is not tailored according to any of the lecture's area of interest you may never get anyone to accept you. What I did in my case was to search for lecturers with similar research interest to mine, mailed them, only one responded he interviewed me and then asked me to submit my application. Moreso I already have a proposal on ground, but he fine tuned it to his taste.

You also have yo pray for God's favour.
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jay2prosper: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

No much problem they will request for the new offer letter once they start processing your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
jaybaby2017:
Please house, i'm new here. just got to know of this forum. I'm using a consultant for my study permit application into UNBC and they are yet to submit my application. I just want to know when it will be late. Classes starts september 2nd 2017. Thanks
The consultant you are using should be able to guide you on the processing time. You are paying for the entire service. However, there are alot of stages involved in processing application and no one can say if it will be late on not. So the earlier you send in your application, the better. Your application could be processed and a decision made before 2nd of sept. You just have to send it in and be hopefull.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
Austinpee4:

I actually do not get what you mean. You applied with the offer of jan 2017?

Sadly yes, instead of september 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jay2prosper:

No much problem they will request for the new offer letter once they start processing your application.

what a relief. I pray it is as you have said
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
glam4444:

I would be suggesting u link your application online.. you have paid tuition fee and also submitted the receipt?....they might get back to you ....above all pray....no application is perfect without God

No I didnt pay tuition. just include dorm account SOA. Yeah I guess I would just keep praying. I tried linking the application today and exhausted my 5 daily trials, would try again tomoro. Thanks alot for your feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

No I didnt pay tuition. just include dorm account SOA. Yeah I guess I would just keep praying. I tried linking the application today and exhausted my 5 daily trials, would try again tomoro. Thanks alot for your feedback.
Uwc dear..God is in control
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

Just as @jay2prosper mentioned, they certainly will request a new offer letter from you once your application is handled.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jaybaby2017: 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Thanks. I will contact them on Monday.

Austinpee4:

The consultant you are using should be able to guide you on the processing time. You are paying for the entire service. However, there are alot of stages involved in processing application and no one can say if it will be late on not. So the earlier you send in your application, the better. Your application could be processed and a decision made before 2nd of sept. You just have to send it in and be hopefull.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

sorry about that, in as much as I know u will b notice for a new LOA by God grace, but still u can attach d new1 to dis mail and send to them with a short note indicating d error on d first LOA.
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

dis will help, success.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
abdullahi45:
Good afternoon gurus,

Try and read the resume of prospective research advisors and tailor your thesis proposal according to their area of interests. And applying to only three schools? You need to apply to the most competitive schools. No problem shooting for the stars. But be prepared at the prospect of rejection with them. Thus the need to apply second tier and lower tier schools as well. Just incase you don't reach the stars, at least you will end up somewhere. That is what I did too. I applied to a total of nine schools, McGill and Toronto included. I got rejected, but ended up at my second tier schools: Saskatchewan, Queens, Regina, Calgary and almost all my lower tier choices-- with full scholarships. I had no problem finding thesis advisors. At Saskatchewan, in fact I was offered an admission before the school looked at my Thesis/research proposal and used that to find me a supervisor. My advisor/supervisor interviewed me via Skype to make sure I was gonna be a right fit. Once he determined that, in fact he was eager to have me--especially given the fact that he found out I have been accepted at other schools and given scholarships. He even showed me around his office and the beautiful campus during the interview. My advice is for you to take a hot cup of coffee and take a deep breathe and think well and write a compelling research proposal. You should have no troubles with a powerfully written proposal. Good luck.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
nelly28:

sorry about that, in as much as I know u will b notice for a new LOA by God grace, but still u can attach d new1 to dis mail and send to them with a short note indicating d error on d first LOA.
accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

dis will help, success.

wow thanks so much. I would email it to them ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jay2prosper: 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

wow thanks so much. I would email it to them ASAP.

If you have to send the email just be brief no much stories. quote your application number/UCI if u ve applied before. once u send it they will assume u were asked to send it. I advice you send it via email first before linking your application Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jay2prosper:

If you have to send the email just be brief no much stories. quote your application number/UCI if u ve applied before. once u send it they will assume u were asked to send it. I advice you send it via email first before linking your application Good luck.

to get you clearly, i need not indicate that i made a mistake earlier? I should just attach the correct one ad list my application details? thanks for your kind response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2017
So many people writing privately to ask me questions about what I wrote for a thesis proposal. I have tried to answer all questions here to help benefit other prospective inquiries:

Don't get scared writing a thesis proposal. Just write your heart out based on your area of interest (s). Obviously I can't help you given your area of interests is probably different from mine. You need to define what exactly you are needing to research. The methodology you intend to use in your research and why that topic is important to you. Now, why the area of research is important to you, is very important as it gives the admission committee and research supervisor an inkling into your creativity and uniqueness. The question asked me by my supervisor via Skype was not hard at all. My area of research is reforming healthcare in Nigeria through enacting commensensical public policy. I delayed the interview for a week just so I can read up a storm on the health care policy in Nigeria. Only to find out my advisor didn't ask me much at all. The interview was very friendly and relaxed. It had to do with a few friendly banters than any serious intellectual brainstorming session. He only asked me if I had already narrowed my proposal or open to changing what I proposed. He asked me if I wanted to go on the a PHd and that he was impressed by my statement of wanting to go back to Nigeria after my studies to make a difference. He mentioned many African students he has worked with over the past who are now powerful government officials in their respective countries. Why I chose the topics of healthcare is because of my experience growing up in Nigeria and experiencing close friends and neighbors and even family members die of preventable healthcare issues. After twenty years living in the states and returning to Nigeria, the issue has not changed. Nigeria's healthcare continues to be abysmal. I talked about my experiences as embuing me with the moral strength of wanting to come back to Nigeria to reform the healthcare. So that it becomes the envy of Africa. And almost as an afterthought lest I forget, find a catchy topic for a thesis proposal topic. Mine was titled: Where the Rubber Meets the Road: Reforming Healthcare in Nigeria through Public Policy, innovation and Good Governance.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adedrizzy(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
einsteino:

Bro, its normal to make mistakes even though it may be costly. I also made an error in my last submission which the consequence might even be worse than yours but when i chatted with VFS online representative, he/she said i should send a letter explaining myself to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and also include my passport number and UCI, which i did. So i would advice you to do the same and most importantly PRAY!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.