Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ScamBusta: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
wakalikeking:
0 9 0 6 0 1 9 0 8 4 4 . Paid mine

I just new it, you have finally shown yourself (you are persistent sha!)
Wakalikeking a new moniker for the same person Biola2017, u just open this moniker 5days ago

The number bolded above is the same number @biola2017 used for his fraud, u will never succeed in this forum mark my words no matter how smart you try to act (been following your posts closely)

We await your new moniker after @justwise bans this one (@biola2017 @john2017 now you change style used @wakalikeking) better find another thread and go to cos me and my boys Don build our office for this thread and all of you no go succeed in scamming anyone here

As for you @cboss better go to your bank or find someone you know to do the payment for you

Pic1: biola2017 signature (compare it with the number quoted above)

@justwise look into this issue

Infact This thread has become my police post! I see all of you! Your intentions are known to me grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If you insist on applying for a bachelor's degree in Canada even though you have one already in Nigeria, be prepared with a cogent and persuasive reason to provide to the school and VO. Many people do this, this is not entirely foreign. It wont mean you have to spend another four years of school to get the second degree. Two more years of studying will get you a second degree in the area of study with the basic prerequisite to go on to the nursing program graduate studies you desire. This is a totally thought out and reasonable proposition you have. Nursing is a very attractive field of study.You should explain this career change to the VO. Perhaps you might explain that a death in the family or the permanent incapacitation of a family member(s) or friend(s) gave you new appreciation for the field of nursing. Go with your guts if you really want to go for a second bachelors. Schools are very cognizant of that. I graduated from university in the United States at 26 years old. There was a 78 year old woman in my class who was our valedictorian and the chosen commencement speaker for our class. Apparently, when we were spending our time playing, this woman understood the value of education and studied her heart out to get better grades than us. Age is no factor in the admission process, except you going to a military school-- in keeping faith with the Canadian government's anti discrimination policy. I do not know how age will play out with a VO once any lacuna period or gaps in education are well documented and sufficient home ties are shown. I think you can totally sail through this, have no fear!! Good thing you asking a year ahead, gives you time to strategize.
My 'cameroun bound brother'! grin Firstly, you quoted the wrong moniker. Also let me congratulate you on your admission and funding as well.

While i agree with you about giving officers cogent reasons for a career switch, the circumstances MUST clearly be seen in terms of
1. Activities.
2. Interest
3. Ability from previous indulgence.

Writting SOP hardly would do justice to anything if there are no evidential materials. Anybody can say anything. As a matter of fact, an applicant can implore the service of a writter to be able to pass these messages across to officers in clear manner and terms.

Nursing being an attractive field also means it is very challenging and demanding while also being highly regulated. Irrespective of the number of years a student will be studying, the first point of reviewing both admission and visa application most likely will be INTENT. At what instance is he/she considering a career in nursing? Why this sudden interest? has previous activities shown an inkling in this path? Is your current age reflective of a desire or interest bore out of what you have written in a SOP? Why have you not considered doing a 4 year nursing program in nigeria where it is cheaper than in canada where it will take a fortune from you and considering the applicant just married and need to be close to spouse?

Another important thing you should know is the system of the western world(US inclusive) and Africa is different. While theirs have genuine intentions in almost all they indulge in, alot of people in africa have the opposite and visa officers working in this region bear this in mind. The scrutiny is intense because the large majority of intent are situational rather than genuine. So using the example of the 78 years old woman might not be applicable in africa where a 60 years old person is already retired and withdrawn to isolation.

Most schools in canada know the issues with applicants from africa, the visa scrutiny and all. So when they review undergraduate applications, they consider the AGE so it will be a smooth visa process not just for the admission.

So while i agree with you in SOME points, most are largely not obtainable the way you make it appear. Canadian visa officers are well trained to work in this part of the world. They most certainly would have seen all manner of well written SOP, it may not be sufficient to just write without showing atleast a little activity in what you are writting about same as explaning any gap without recourse to traces ascertaining for themselves. Infact, they more an applicant try to convince them in writting without evidences, the more difficult it becomes. The have discretion and every part of an application show speak for itself and help them exercise such discretion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
wealth360:
Baba J you are making a very big mistake. I go vex for you if you pm me again. dont you know you have a very good chance here to apply than in cameroun? see this guy ooooo? Bro my application took less than 5weeks to approved and i was going for fall term but applied in January 31st and got approved in March 8th. Check @Deckonne and Piethewitch application on the trv hopeful list you will see that their application is bearly less than 4weeks. WHO SAYS you cant get it in less than 3weeks here in Nigeria? dont make this mistake please you dont reside in cameroun. You are going to SASK this September and you are on full funding again, biko apply here and you will get it before resumption date i believe God for that in your application. but if you choose to go NO P then bye and goodluck......my 10 dollar offer to you

wow I never heard of 4 weeks bro, talk less of less than three weeks in Nigeria?. If that is really the case, then it will subvert my plans to go elsewhere as this is really the reason I am going elsewhere in the first place. I know whose head I am coming for should I miss my September resumption. Just kidding. All will be duly considered in light of the above new information. Mama raise no fool, be rest assured.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by TheDonSenator: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good day house, I just signed up on this forum after I was told about it by a good friend. I wanna say a big thank you to everyone for the great job you're all doing here. We'll, I already submitted my application on the 2nd of this month with medical but I haven't received any update yet. Please guys is that a course to worry because I can't sleep well ooooo honestly. God bless. BSc by the way... Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ScamBusta: 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cboss:

Thank you so much dear, u really appreciate this. Will give the person a call thanks
call at your own risk unless you are the same person! Call and I assure you of getting scammed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Question, I live in Jos, Plateau State. Where and how can I get a police clearance or reference? Can I get it at any police station or a specific one. Second question, trying to change land papers and get a deed in my name, from my mother's name. How is this done? Just trying to show home times. Or will also suffice if I left it in my mother's name. Mother not my sponsor, school in Canada is. Thanks in anticipation.
To your second question Baba J. to me you don't need to change mum's name to your. Just kindly state in your SOP that you and your mum unanimously agreed to you use her land for any project related to your field of study to developed youth or nigeria when you come back home to 9JA. attache all her land papers even thou she is not your sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

My 'cameroun bound brother'! grin Firstly, you quoted the wrong moniker. Also let me congratulate you on your admission and funding as well.

While i agree with you about giving officers cogent reasons for a career switch, the circumstances MUST clearly be seen in terms of
1. Activities.
2. Interest
3. Ability from previous indulgence.

Writting SOP hardly would do justice to anything if there are no evidential materials. Anybody can say anything. As a matter of fact, an applicant can implore the service of a writter to be able to pass these messages across to officers in clear manner and terms.

Nursing being an attractive field also means it is very challenging and demanding while also being highly regulated. Irrespective of the number of years a student will be studying, the first point of reviewing of both the admission and visa application most likely will be INTENT. At what instance is he/she considering a career in nursing? Why this sudden interest? has previous activities shown an inkling in this path? Is your current age reflective of a desire or interest bore out of what you have written in a SOP? What have you not considered doing a 4 year nursing program in nigeria where it is cheaper than in canada where it will take a fortune from you?

Another important thing you should know is the system of the western world(US inclusive) and Africa is different. While theirs have genuine intentions in almost all they indulge in, alot of people in africa have the opposite and visa officers working in this region bear this in mind. The scrutiny is intense because the large majority of intent are situational rather than genuine. So using the example of the 78 years old woman might not be applicable in africa where a 60 years old person is already retired and withdraw to isolation.

Most schools in canada know the issues with applicants from africa, the visa scrutiny and all. So when they review undergraduate applications, they consider the AGE so it will be a smooth visa process not just for the admission.

So while i agree with you in SOME points, most are largely not obtainable the way you make it appear. Canadian visa officers are well trained to work in this part of the world. They most certainly would have seen all manner of well written SOP, it may not be sufficient to just write without showing atleast a little activity in what you are writting about same as explaning any gap without recourse to traces ascertaining for themselves. Infact, they more an applicant try to convince them in writting without evidences, the more difficult it becomes. The have discretion and every part of an application show speak for itself and help them exercise such discretion.

You can't be for real. 60 years old retired in Africa to isolation? cheesy cheesy cheesy I will respond to your points later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cboss: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScamBusta:

I just new it, you have finally shown yourself (you are persistent sha!)
Wakalikeking a new moniker for the same person Biola2017, u just open this moniker 5days ago

The number bolded above is the same number @biola2017 used for his fraud, u will never succeed in this forum mark my words no matter how smart you try to act (been following your posts closely)

We await your new moniker after @justwise bans this one (@biola2017 @john2017 now you change style used @wakalikeking) better find another thread and go to cos me and my boys Don build our office for this thread and all of you no go succeed in scamming anyone here

As for you @cboss better go to your bank or find someone you know to do the payment for you

Pic1: biola2017 signature (compare it with the number quoted above)

@justwise look into this issue

Infact This thread has become my police post! I see all of you! Your intentions are known to me grin

Wooohhh ok noted dear. Nawa for people o
Thanks for the alert! Lesson learned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cboss: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScamBusta:
call at your own risk unless you are the same person! Call and I assure you of getting scammed!

Am not ooo Biko, was only looking for help. Thanks for alerting me anyways.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Question, I live in Jos, Plateau State. Where and how can I get a police clearance or reference? Can I get it at any police station or a specific one. Second question, trying to change land papers and get a deed in my name, from my mother's name. How is this done? Just trying to show home times. Or will also suffice if I left it in my mother's name. Mother not my sponsor, school in Canada is. Thanks in anticipation.

Boss,
I think leaving it in her name will do or she can swear an affidavit of transfer something like that. I am not sure it works.

If you have siblings, they can be home tie together with mummy...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
@Folaroyal @Osemigho @wealth360 @yemdogg @Austinpee4 @Eraytee @michv(trv doctor) @Graviton2 @nelly28 and everyone with valuable input, please help me look into this.

I have B.Tech degree in Biochemistry. Graduated in 2011, and finished NYSC in 2013. I have since then been into real estates and I have a registered company of my own.

However, because I graduated with a 2.5cgpa I think its best I put in for a PGC course as my cgpa is low for a Msc program.

I’m considering Global Business Management. Please knowledgeable people in the house, does this correlate and show career progression? Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hmy2015: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hi there, which school is the? have u contacted supervisor prior to you app? which major u got admitted into?
Thanks.
jnyuwa02:

Okay got it last night!! Just when I had started to get concerned and posting questions on this forum. I didn't even call or email them. Took exactly three weeks. Officially approved by the school and offer of admission and full funding issued to me last night via email. God is good. Now I turn my eyes towards applying for a TRV. It shall end in praise. Thanks bro!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2017
ScamBusta:
before i go back to the thread i belong cos i am just a visitor on here on routine basis.i would like to commend your effort and @canadianNurse in bursting this purported scammer. But my little chip on this, this is not the only thread where people ask for help for some minor application fees/payments.similar threads like this canada study thread do so and exist on nairaland but you can hardly hear/see or read issues of scam concerning payment.

my question is why is this peculiar on canada thread? i got to see some individuals on here are desperate and can easily believe and fall prey and this is why this scammer(s) is persistent and if not being watched,future/current newbies may fall a victim.Before anyone comes on here to demand for assistance especially when it comes to payments, better study the thread and know who you can send PM especially trusted gurus who are in canada or people they already have as contacts who are in canada to help you or you can go to banks and do you payments to avoid had i known. petty scammers are silently following the thread beware!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 2:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
[quote author=Osemigho post=57748004]

Thanks for the reply. Was any lawyer or professional involve in forming the letter?[/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Osemigho:

Thanks for the reply. Was any lawyer or professional involve in forming the letter?

Yea my Dads friend in Canada. I do not knw if he's a lawyer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
LightandDarkness:

My biometrics status says the same, i guess it is standard.
Mehn, it is well Bro.
Let's keep HOPE alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Shonky:

Oh... sorry i just checked. It was 31st May rather. Submission 12th Med mail 31st

Pls what's your level of study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2017
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:

when did you mail them ?
Many times o.. Like 3x
First one was around 1st week of this month, I just sent a mail on Monday.
Just getting an automated response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Thanks bro.

Hello, I sent you a PM, I have a few questions if you do not mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hmy2015:
Hi there, which school is the? have u contacted supervisor prior to you app? which major u got admitted into?
Thanks.

University of SASK. No supervisor contacted. Write a thesis proposal and if successful, admission committee will assign you a supervisor. Researched based masters thesis in Public Policy with emphasis on Healthcare.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Hello, I sent you a PM, I have a few questions if you do not mind.
Yes, boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
TheDonSenator:
Good day house, I just signed up on this forum after I was told about it by a good friend. I wanna say a big thank you to everyone for the great job you're all doing here. We'll, I already submitted my application on the 2nd of this month with medical but I haven't received any update yet. Please guys is that a course to worry because I can't sleep well ooooo honestly. God bless. BSc by the way... Thank you

No cause to worry, some applied since March and haven't heard anything, I applied 2 May and upfront medicals too and I haven't heard anything, the truth is you need to find activities to do to take your mind off it. For me I read other study threads and I just might learn one or two things for the future from there, coupled with the office workload I have..... Biko, having nothing to do after applying for Visa is a very serious matter o. The suspense can be very difficult to handle, but all in all, God alone has the final answers

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hmy2015: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Pls house, is it normal if my medical exam status hasn't been updated even though the IOM notified me that i'm all cleared? submitted on the 6th june (upfront medical via paper route)?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.