Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (883666 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

That is a good reason for refusal on length of study and purpose of study
... I'm sorry but you can explain your case to them before hand

cry have you seen any such case

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Certainly not a reason for refusal for any of the reasons you stated. The offer letter is the guide and any information on it will will guide officers. Eg. A case where no end date is stated but the study permit is issued for 2 years for a program with max duration of 2 years. This tells they know how their system work irrespective of what is filled by the applicant as start and end date. Besides,i have never seen or heard of a refusal based on discrepancies in start and end dates of program.
By

If they need clarification, they most likely will contact the school for further information regarding exacts as this will guide IRCC on the length of issuance of the study permit as well as the TRV. They have cooperation with the DLI because they set the standard for them to follow regarding information(s) to be displayed on each offer letter.

I really hope it's not going to be an issue, I can't stop thinking about it, since I noticed it.

Thanks a lot guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
cnonwnuwsp17:

The mistake was made on my study permit application form, on the questionnaire I stated it's 1.5 years. (Typed not hand written) it is also stated on the admission letter

Thanks
I don't think you should worry about that. We have cases where IRCC request for new offer letters but in the application form submitted, it was the previous start and end dates written. So it is clearly the offer letter that guide them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 10:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

I don't think you should worry about that. We have cases where IRCC request for new offer letters but in the application form submitted, it was the previous start and end dates written. So it is clearly the offer letter that guide them.

Yea that's true

Thanks a lot bud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 10:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

If that be the case then no wahala. I thought you made the same mistake on the questionnaire. Your questionnaire and admission doc will help solve that little mistake
#onelove

Okay great

Thanks a lot bud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 11:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
@Folaroyal @Osemigho @wealth360 @yemdogg @Austinpee4 @Eraytee @michv(trv doctor) @Graviton2 @nelly28 and everyone with valuable input, please help me look into this.

I have degree in Biochemistry. Graduated in 2011, and finished NYSC in 2013. I have since then been into real estates and I have a registered company of my own.

However, because I graduated with a 2.5cgpa I think its best I put in for a PGC course as my cgpa is low for a Msc program.

I’m considering Global Business Management. Please knowledgeable people in the house, does this correlate and show career progression? Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Olufemiopa: 12:09am On Jun 22, 2017
Well noted, thanks. Since I have 14 years work experience in Sales and Marketing and I am the owner of my company. I strongly feel I should apply for Master in Sales and Marketing Management. Is this decision okay?

Austinpee4:

One thing you may need to know is that it is one thing to get admitted into your preferred program and another to get a study permit for that program.

I see there is disparity in your academic qualifications and what you intend to seek admission. In what so ever decision you eventually take, endeavour to gain admission in a program that reflect a need( more skills/knowledge) in your CURRENT activity(work,study,research). This way, you will not have so much hurdles to cross convincing a visa officer that the program in which you seek a study permit is right for you and will help your career/activity significantly and progressively.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gedwards: 12:17am On Jun 22, 2017
samjumbo:
Hello House,

For all those in Canada what does "mid summer" mean? My funding letter is to come out by Mid Summer and I suspect CIC will request for it. Please if I applied for my Study Permit with the offer letter issued to me by my department in UWO - which categorically stated that I am on funding to the tune of so so so and so and that my official Annual Funding Breakdown letter will be issued by Mid summer, Can that be accepted as my funding letter by CIC?

Ayoola03; Markab; Austinepee; Maizude

Although there is an ancient celebration called midsummer around June 19 to 25 that is not what it means in Canada in this context. Mid-summer in this context simply means the middle of summer. This will likely mean it will be received somewhere between the middle of July to the middle of August (more likely July but could be early August).

UWO is a great choice, I think you will enjoy the school.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mesh2003(f): 12:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Olufemiopa:
Well noted, thanks. Since I have 14 years work experience in Sales and Marketing and I am the owner of my company. I strongly feel I should apply for Master in Sales and Marketing Management. Is this decision okay?

You can go for an MBA and major in Marketing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:26am On Jun 22, 2017
wealth360:
I am very certain your Grad coordinator is right. mine took like 4weeks to get my LOA with much pressure on CGSR ooooo. because once you are recommended your application is not within your faculty again is now with CGRS. so it will take 4 weeks. just relax and start gathering your trv documents small small.

Okay got it last night!! Just when I had started to get concerned and posting questions on this forum. I didn't even call or email them. Took exactly three weeks. Officially approved by the school and offer of admission and full funding issued to me last night via email. God is good. Now I turn my eyes towards applying for a TRV. It shall end in praise. Thanks bro!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Congrats to all approved visa applicant and accepted students.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:35am On Jun 22, 2017
Abiodunne:

Madam shey you be CIC staff ni?
Submitted 5th october 2016
Got a mail for misrepresentation on 9th January 2017 and was given 15 days to explain myself
I replied them on the 21st of January 2017
Medical mail + new letter of acceptance on the 14th of Febuary 2017
Did medicals on the 20th of Febuary 2017
Funds transfer mail on 8th of May 2017
I replied them showing tuition reciept and a bank draft of $10,000 cad on the 29th of May.
Still nothing yet from cic as at 21st June 2017
What was your misrepresentation about How did you handle it? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 7:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

One thing you may need to know is that it is one thing to get admitted into your preferred program and another to get a study permit for that program.

I see there is disparity in your academic qualifications and what you intend to seek admission. In what so ever decision you eventually take, endeavour to gain admission in a program that reflect a need( more skills/knowledge) in your CURRENT activity(work,study,research). This way, you will not have so much hurdles to cross convincing a visa officer that the program in which you seek a study permit is right for you and will help your career/activity significantly and progressively.

Good Day bro...

please, i have a degree in Comp. Science and i plan on applying for a post grad degree on Advanced Project Management and Leadership, will this be an issue when applying for my study permit...

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2017
MRtristan:

Good Day bro...

please, i have a degree in Comp. Science and i plan on applying for a post grad degree on Advanced Project Management and Leadership, will this be an issue when applying for my study permit...

Thanks

Hello boss,

The information you gave is incomplete.

However, should we want to advice you based on what you supply, it is going to be difficult to get trv except you have some considerable work experience in advanced PM...

Why dont you look for something in comp science that makes linking to PM easy especially with the way courses are being combined now.

Just my though though...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:28am On Jun 22, 2017
tomexy4:
Hello to all GURUS in the house. I have a question. I submitted my application online on the 9th of june and i a about going for biometrics. My question is
1. Do i need to provide birth certificates of my siblings? Most of them have lost theirs.
2. Will i need to fill the study permit questionaire ?? I think only paper applicants are required to fill that.

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS. THANK YOU ALL
since u have applied online already u don't need them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Baba, me no sabi anything concerning that one. I may not give sufficient suggestion regarding that. Sorry bro.
I think @smartlawyer has done justice to it, let @yemdogg contribute to it as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sharles: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Please is there a maximum period you can defer admission or you can defer as long as you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 8:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 8:55am On Jun 22, 2017
mcobex:
since u have applied online already u don't need them.

My chairman,

Thanks, i guess i"ll just apply for Computer software then, although i currently work as a data analyst in a strict private consultancy firm where a former colleague once requested for study leave and he got fired, the issue is that i will submit my statements of accounts, employment letter and any data of mine related to the company to the Canadian embassy. I would like to know if the embassy would contact the company i work with coz i dnt want to loose both ways i.e no visa and also loose my job.

Cheers bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,

The information you gave is incomplete.

However, should we want to advice you based on what you supply, it is going to be difficult to get trv except you have some considerable work experience in advanced PM...

Why dont you look for something in comp science that makes linking to PM easy especially with the way courses are being combined now.

Just my though though...

My chairman,

Thanks, i guess i"ll just apply for Computer software then, although i currently work as a data analyst in a strict private consultancy firm where a former colleague once requested for study leave and he got fired, the issue is that i will submit my statements of accounts, employment letter and any data of mine related to the company to the Canadian embassy. I would like to know if the embassy would contact the company i work with coz i dnt want to loose both ways i.e no visa and also loose my job.

Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Free900: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2017
Thanks for nairaland. I am new on this thread. I just received my letter of refusal today. House pls help me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Olufemiopa:

pls why don't u try the express entry route? with ur 14 years experience u stand a very good chance of getting it bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2017
MRtristan:

My chairman,

Cheers bro
cic hardly contacts employers except in some very rare cases.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2017
mcobex:
cic hardly contacts employers except in some very rare cases.

Thanks bro...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 9:37am On Jun 22, 2017
Hello house,

I applied on 4th May, online route, I got a mail for biometric capturing almost immediately, which I have since done.
I also didn't do Upfront Medicals, and I haven't received any feedback from CIC on this
I have mailed them, no response.

I checked my account it says, application in process.
Shebi, I can't go and do Medicals at this stage, unless I get a mail from CIC,

House please what do guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2017
Shonky:
I also applied on 12th May. I did not do my medicals upfront but was emailed to do so on 29th May.
Are you sure about this, app.date 12th May, med.mail 29th May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:45am On Jun 22, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 9:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Kowalskiq:
Hello house,

I applied on 4th May, online route, I got a mail for biometric capturing almost immediately, which I have since done.
I also didn't do Upfront Medicals, and I haven't received any feedback from CIC on this
I have mailed them, no response.

I checked my account it says, application in process.
Shebi, I can't go and do Medicals at this stage, unless I get a mail from CIC,

House please what do guys
Also 4th may...I haven't heard from dem....don't loose hope ,dere is notin you can do .just pray DAT evritin turns out fine.....God will always be in control
You can check ur spam box nd all deze oda folders just to be sure

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Douglaseguakun: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2017
gudmornin everyone
for months now, i have been searching and asking questions about travelling to canada to study...finally last night someone gave me this link and after reading through this thread,i feel so excited because this is exactly what i have been looking for
my case is quite different and i would really appreciate sincere and accurate reply
i graduated from uniben in 2011 and i studied statistics with computer science, since then i initially worked as a teacher bfor i finally got a job in form of an appointment as the official PA to the NDDC commissioner Edo State in 2014.after working for about 1 year and some months, the board was dissolved and i went into some oil business which i still do till date
now
1. i intend applying for bsc nursing in one of the universities in canada from scratch, that means am shunning my degree and applying with my o level...
2. am getting married by december and i intend taking my wife along as dependant to canada when i finally get admitted
my question to this beautiful house is,,,....do i even stand a chance of getting admitted?.......even if i am,,,will they even want to issue me the study permit?.......will i even stand a chance of getting the visa?
God bless u as u professionally advice me on what to do....thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.