Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884358 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kelvinxxy: 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Sugaro:

Yes, go to any of the approved clinics. Prime Hospital in pH, d ve in lag and Abj as well not sure of their names,pls gurus in d house help him out

Gurus. Your help is needed o

I stay in Lagos btw

Should I do the medical before submitting my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello All, Please Ineed your candid advise and counsel. I have a BSc and MSc but I want to apply for either a diploma or post graduate certificate program in Canada, so that I can increase my points for EE and qualify for PR(currently scores are low due to age-40yrs). Which route would be the best for me to take? I have checked most masters program, and my UG CGPA was 3.06/5 and using the WES free GPA calculator, this equates to 2.79/4.0, so I don't qualify for their 3.0/4.0 CGPA requirement, hence why I want to go this aternative route. Before I begin the process of searching for school programs, applying, etc, I came here. i have tried reading through some pages of this thread, but just decided to throw this question for answering while still digesting more information. Thanks and have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mysine: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
mcobex:
1. if u can get the police report get it but if u can't submit ur application like that and if cic needs it they will mail u to request for it.
2. yes it is advisable to do upfront medical as there isn't much time in ur hands now,

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2017
likeababygirl:

No it is not too late to apply. But try to do upfront medicals to speed up your application. All the best

online or paper route, which will be faster?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
pls our elders in da house i need your advice here. I already applied for study trv hoping that God will show his strength on my behalf. At this same time exploring other avenues. my husband has been preparing his application for express entry and is ready to apply. my question is if he applies will it affect my own application as i have not gotten approval yet. can they connect the two applications as he is putting me as his spouse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gabbychioma: 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
good day house. i applied for study permit since april 27th, PGD Algonquin college, winter 2018 term, still no response from CIC, please I want to inquire whether cic attends to people resuming for fall prior to those resuming in winter term. cause i dont think ive seen any approval for january 2018 on this thread or am i wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oyalitit1(f): 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello house,pls I need statement of intent sample..Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
dame134:

Bro, welcome back on here.. Boss please help me with relevant materials to help write a convincing SOP and research proposal. Boss also reply my PM...Thanks man.

We can do this by the end of July.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
Osemigho:

Good luck.

Thank you Bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
forumlove:
pls our elders in da house i need your advice here. I already applied for study trv hoping that God will show his strength on my behalf. At this same time exploring other avenues. my husband has been preparing his application for express entry and is ready to apply. my question is if he applies will it affect my own application as i have not gotten approval yet. can they connect the two applications as he is putting me as his spouse.

Am not an elder oh but I know PR application can spoil study permit application/visiting. Because you are trying to prove to them that you would return after school I.e. strong ties. So PR shows you want to remain there. So let him wait till yours is approved then he can put in the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello house. I applied for study visa this year May and i have not gotten any feedback from CIC yet and my fall program is to begin soon. My question is can i do my medicals without being requested yet since i did the Online route application? Please i need a reply. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
crixcrox:

But if the money is sent to my personal account does my sponsor still need to show his statement of account. Thanks for your reply
Yes, especially if your program is more than a year. Officers will determine if he your sponsor can generate equivalent funds for the next year. So yes, it's important sponsor included a recent account statement with 6 months duration.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
MagnaB:
Hello house. I applied for study visa this year May and i have not gotten any feedback from CIC yet and my fall program is to begin soon. My question is can i do my medicals without being requested yet since i did the Online route application? Please i need a reply. Thank you
No sir/ma'am, you can't do medical now till you are instructed by the Visa officer to undergo one. This is because an IME(immigration medical examination) code will have to be generated to locate your medical result on their database.

The code is either generated by the hospital upfront before you submit your application or IRCC will generate it for you and request that you proceed for one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
author=kelvinxxy post=57896722]

I stay in Lagos btw

Should I do the medical before submitting my application? [/quote]
ujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Telephone: +234 (0) 808 522 1427
+234 (0) 807 219 1122
Spoken Languages: English

City: Abuja
Name: Adeniyi ADEGOKE
Address: Abuja Clinics,
22 Amazon Street, Maitama,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436 /7042842

City: Abuja, Maitama
Name: Maduemezie Nwakaego
22 Amazon Street,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842

City: Lagos
Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899
Spoken Languages: English, French

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112 +234 0909 999 1256;
+234 0802 226 4059; +234 0909 215 6079

City: Port-Harcourt
Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688
author=kelvinxxy post=57896722]

I stay in Lagos btw

Should I do the medical before submitting my application? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
MagnaB:

I will advise you to relax, you will get update soon...And on the medicals, you can always sort that out in one day when you get the medical mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abdon01(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
kayeyes:
LIST OF trv hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May
7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.
20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, paper route.
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
61. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.

Abdon, submitted on May 2nd, Msc, University of Saskatchewan, paper route,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
City: Abuja
Name: Adeniyi ADEGOKE
22 Amazon Street, Maitama,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436 /7042842

City: Abuja, Maitama
Name: Maduemezie Nwakaego
22 Amazon Street,
Telephone: (234) 0803 665 0436/7042842

Name: Alexandra Anga
Address: The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice,
25 Raymond Njoku Street,
Ikoyi,
e-mail: consultantspractice@yahoo.com
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845
+234-8093540899
Spoken Languages: English, French

Name: Funmilayo Alakija
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
e-mail: qlifecare@hotmail.com and info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
Telephone: + 234 (807) 2191112 +234 0909 999 1256;
+234 0802 226 4059; +234 0909 215 6079

City: Port-Harcourt
Name: Gabriel Ogbu Ominyi
Address: Prime Medical Consultants,
Eliada Estate (Also known as Cocaine Village),
Near 1st Artillery Junction,
Port-Harcourt, Rivers State,
Telephone: (234) 0809 084 0688

@kelvincxx please above is the addresses of the physicians accredited. Go there with your passport and cash. If you choose to go to children practice at ikoyi. You need like 28050 naira for the medical. What you are abt to do is called upfront medical to fast track your application good luckluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
This will have to be the longest list of hopefuls i have seen here! Wetin dey happen!! Abeg, make people wey don apply and gotten update brief the house na so we can keep track!

Be it delayed ,medical call, additional document request, approval. Make we keep hope alive through updates Mbok!

E come be as though nothing dey move. People outside this forum come dey get update pass us wey dey here abi things dey happen without mentioning?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
Yomalicious:

Am not an elder oh but I know PR application can spoil study permit application/visiting. Because you are trying to prove to them that you would return after school I.e. strong ties. So PR shows you want to remain there. So let him wait till yours is approved then he can put in the application
The woman in question @forumlove is not the principal Applicant for the PR, her husband is the principal Applicant

Even if she was the principal Applicant it won't affect anything someone on this thread got his study permit and also got PR together..... I think it's in this part or the previous part of this thread!

So my there IMO it won't affect anything at all

@austinepee4 over to you wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
maziude:

Boss,
You go like quarrel oh.

You dont just attack people's opinion, you either accept it or not.

The fact that it worked for you doesnt mean it would for others.

There is no harm whatsoever in securing a supervisor even if the school says it is not required. It is left for the applicant to either do it or not...

If you do what I did at the schools I applied, I promise you it will work. When are people going to learn to obey rules? Fact is some schools will frown at an over sabi. I have substantiated my points with examples of schools that said don't submit what is not required or they won't read. It can also cost you spots writing essay overly with more words than stipulated. I'd imagine that this rule will apply with equal force at some schools to getting a supervisor when one was not required of you. Why are people going to find a supervisor when school doesn't ask them to? Finding a supervisor will not influence admission. Some of the schools I found supervisors were actually the ones I got rejected. Stellar grades, top notch recommendations, excellent thesis proposal or statement of intent, always wins the day. In my opinion, efforts used in disturbing a professor to be your supervisor when one is not required, is better spent reading articles on Google scholar and coming up with an excellent thesis proposal. No wonder some have found it difficult getting supervisors, just emailing professors with nothing concrete to present. Misplaced priority. But what do I know? I wish everyone good luck and God speed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pls my school is asking for refusal letter from CIC before my paid tuition fee can be refunded.

How do I go about it pls?

Again,

Please how long will it take for my passport to be ready for collection after CIC online portal shows that someone's app has been refused? I submitted my international ppt along the app.

I saw this after tracking my app online.
"Visa application, tracking ID No.2017******– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 28/06/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website "

Can I safely say that my passport is ready for collection? Pls help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kosb: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nogen:

Thank you. Mine is way past 30 days, it is now 46 days. I will call them up tomorrow.

Hi Nogen, Did you eventually get to call the CAQ guys? Please what was the response?

My CAQ application got to their office on May 9th and I still haven't heard anything. My application was paper though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by matic12: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
obaxlove:
Pls my school is asking for refusal letter from CIC before my paid tuition fee can be refunded.

How do I go about it pls?

Again,

Please how long will it take for my passport to be ready for collection after CIC online portal shows that someone's app has been refused? I submitted my international ppt along the app.
Sorry about the delay.. when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olalives(m): 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Has anyone had issue of not including a previous refusal and granted visa after the VO requested for letter of explanation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olalives(m): 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please has anyone gotten the procedural fairness letter from CIC about not including a previous refusal and was later granted visa cc @bluegirl080115 bluegirl080115 @austinpee4 austinpee4 @maziude maziude
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
olalives:
Please has anyone gotten the procedural fairness letter from CIC about not including a previous refusal and was later granted visa cc @bluegirl080115 bluegirl080115 @austinpee4 austinpee4 @maziude maziude

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olalives(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
I'm new here and I didn't know Canada would figure I've been refused a US visa since it doesn't show on the passport though I listed a couple of countries that I've been refused even though they later granted the visa and I traveled there but I didn't include US.. Can the VO see that as a mistake on my part since I included other refusals but not US since I clicked yes if I've ever been refused but I didn't state US

bluegirl080115:

The fairness letter is an opportunity for the applicant to explain why previous visa refusal/denial were not indicated. Well so far so good, it truly depends on the explanation of the applicant with serious proof to justify the explanation.
And to answer your question, yes a few percentage has been able to answer that letter and was granted visa.
While a good percentage that didn't give good enough reply with proof were given a 2 year ban.
Some others that still lied more after the procedural fairness letter were given a 5 yrs ban.
Kindly let us know why you didn't indicate your visa refusal(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Yomalicious:

Based on what've read PR and student visa are threated differently. It is your problem to prove you will come back home when submitting for student visa, even if you have ongoing PR application. Likewise, you may have to prove adaptability for PR, even when you have ongoing student application. So, no need to wait. Threat each differently and provide all necessary evidence to back your app. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 2:01am On Jun 28, 2017
@mazuide boss I have replied you, please help a brother biko.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2017
CanadianNurse:
The woman in question @forumlove is not the principal Applicant for the PR, her husband is the principal Applicant

Even if she was the principal Applicant it won't affect anything someone on this thread got his study permit and also got PR together..... I think it's in this part or the previous part of this thread!

So my there IMO it won't affect anything at all

@austinepee4 over to you wink

So when you are filling the student permit form the part that States have you ever applied to a remain in Canada, abeg what would your answer be?

Because if you are going to be truthful you would say yes and your description would be application for PR. or since they thread differently you would just say no abi.

When they can find out about other countries than it's now their own country they won't know..

Like I said i no be guru oh just using my common sense.

Goodluck in whatever you decide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

So when you are filling the student permit form the part that States have you ever applied to a remain in Canada, abeg what would your answer be?

Because if you are going to be truthful you would say yes and your description would be application for PR. or since they thread differently you would just say no abi.

When they can find out about other countries than it's now their own country they won't know..

If she has applied for PR or has been included in the application she should answer yes and state it. Dual intent is allowed as long as the applicant demonstrates that they understand they will have to leave when their permit expires and also demonstrates means, ability, and motivation to return. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/intent.asp

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 4:47am On Jun 28, 2017
Yomalicious:

bros dual intent is allowed! No be say DEM say person for this thread collect both trv and pr at the same time.... I no know how ë take do am but as long as it happened and I saw testimonial then I confirm that technically it has no negative effects on study permit application an by the way the woman in question no even DEY apply... Na her hubby DEY apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.