Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884176 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
swaqq:
Gurus in the house , pls help. I want to know if its compulsory to pay my tution fee before applying for study permit? Thanks

Not needed. If CIC wants you to pay, they will inform. Or to avoid delay and unnecessary complication, some do pay in advance. And if you don't get the visa, school does refund money back to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
bettyLad:
good day everyone , please I need a very good advice and I hope I will get one , I applied for a post graduate course in Canada ,I applied for two different college,I would like to know how long it takes before admission is granted , I'm looking at 2018 Jan batch ,Also I intend to go with my 3kids but a friend told me I won't b granted visa cos of my kids , it ll make it look like we are relocating which is one of the reason why I intend to go and study there , how true is this please cos I can't imagine leaving my kids behind for 2yrs before I can file for them or separating them by traveling with one and leaving the others . my husband is my sponsor he lives in dubai and will b coming along though won't b based there cos he has his company in dubai and in Nigeria .
I will like to know if it's actually possible to apply for study visa with three kids ?

I think if you don't want to leave your kids even for a day, you should apply together.
But like already mentioned, you need to explain yourself in terms of how you will care for them and with plenty money to prove it.
I too am applying with my husband and child and I know few people in this thread who applied successfully with their kids and got it...I remember a lady last year got hers with her husband and 3 kids if I'm not mistaken and they applied from South Africa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swaqq(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Not needed. If CIC wants you to pay, they will inform. Or to avoid delay and unnecessary complication, some do pay in advance. And if you don't get the visa, school does refund money back to you.
thanks boss. i will be appying for jan 2018 session, can i come to canada let say two months before resumption provided my permit is approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
evening Greetings to all the gurus in the house. And all the Trv hopefuls.
Just passing by. Say ma holla una. This July is sure and there shall be shouts of joy for all trv hopefuls and blessings for the ones that have been helpful here to the trv hopefuls. I sight all of una.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by canny17: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
@oluwacanny,
Please update.

UNB Fall 2017
Upfront Medicals - 20th of April.
Online application submitted - 12th of May
Biometrics - 14th of May.

Baba God, abeg pick up our TRV calls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Baba Don do am,
Application approved!
Congratulations bro. the best i wish u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Shonky:

Paper Route - 12th May
Medical Call up - 31st May
Approved - 29th June
To God be the glory
Congrats on ur trv, success all de way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mrtoke: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
banrisul:
Hello,
Please I need your view on this, i applied for a program at conestoga college, the program has closed and my application status still remain ACCEPTABLE CONDITIONAL (REVIEW IN PROCESS).

I don't understand, I seriously need your opinion.
That means they've concluded your documents review, if you are qualified you should get your admission in no distance time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
chybaz:
evening Greetings to all the gurus in the house. And all the Trv hopefuls.
Just passing by. Say ma holla una. This July is sure and there shall be shouts of joy for all trv hopefuls and blessings for the ones that have been helpful here to the trv hopefuls. I sight all of una.
Ami ooo
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by swaqq(m): 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Austinpee4 Markab penitentential Folaroyal(anywhere you are oluwa bless you) michV nelly28 Osemigbo oga mikymiko

Omg una still plenty Truce01 dogice yemdogg chimah3 smartlawyer maziude mcobex mcowubaba

Baba justwise

Bluegirl080115 bbclue likeababygirl ayoola

Abeg anybody wey I no remember forgive me

Baba Don do am,

Application approved!

Special shoutout to john2017,i be canadiannurse wey never see canny but God Don do am bro repent and see wetin God go do for your life too
Pls, did u pay tuition before applying for the visa? Reply ASAP thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kosb: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nogen:

Oh oh. You don't speak French? They didn't tell me. I did online and then sent rhe documents via DHL to them. They said I should fax the documents to them. I did that yesterday. Will call on Monday to follow up.

No dear I don't... but I hope to learn soon.

I'll also try to call them on Monday (hopefully with a french guru for translation) cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
LightandDarkness:

When did you apply?

Application was reflective May 8.

NB: Online route

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by canny17: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Shonky:
Paper Route - 12th May
Medical Call up - 31st May
Medical Done - 1st June
Passed - 7th June
Approved - 29th June

Applied to Saint Mary's University (Halifax, NS)
Masters in Technology Entrepreneurship & Innovation
16-month program
Have BSc Business Admin.

Current Work - Marketing Officer (8 months)
Sponsor - Mother
Paid tuition for the year and added receipt before applying
Added Employment Letter of Intro.
Added a 3-month pay slip
Letter of Affidavit from mum
Police report
Landed Properties of sponsor and other investments
Bsc Degree Cert.
Resume
Very strong Study Plan....(not more than a page) But it was well paragraphed and each paragraph very convincing and answered the questions or points on the CIC checklist.

I hope this helps to encourage someone.

"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay." HBK 2:3

To God be the glory

Congrats.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
manlikegb:

I'm sure you have this info since you mentioned U of M above. Here it is again so don't be confused,

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admin/569.html

There are other Universities in Canada who consider the last 2 full years of study, provided its up to 60 credit hours.
kindly tell me the remaining two universities in Canada that considers the last 2 full years of study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by netbeans1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
DereI:

Yes you can apply without sponsor's tax clearance.
Thanks
God Bless kiss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifemiday: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello everyone, pls pardon me, I don't know how to post, and I'm not sure if I'm on right place, I need help on how to request for GCMS note, I don't know who can help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oziegbeharrison: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Yes that's what I did... Are you in lagos?

No am in Benin but I need more details about hw u got d letter Frm ur bank ND what it's content look like so I can also get one cos I need in this new week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:01am On Jul 03, 2017
fortunateo:
Please how do you know if you passed your upfront medical? I submitted my paper application with upfront medical on the 9th of June but hvnt heard anything from anybody.

it will be written on ur c.i.c account once you log in and click on status and messages, there u will find it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omokay24: 12:45am On Jul 03, 2017
Is anyone going to Vancouver August 2017?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by helpyom(f): 12:59am On Jul 03, 2017
BlessPJ:
God bless you all here, I was resufused Canada visa Ie study permit base of Purpose of visit, Correct employment situation and No travel History. My first degree was Human Physiology and I was given Admission to study Bsc Psychiatric Nursing. At the moment I feel like changing t study PGD but my GPA is 2.32 all the schools am seeing is 3.0 minimum. I need ur help kindly help me list f school I can study medical courses related to physiology and can accept 2.32 CGPA since using BSC is 50/50 chance if I reapply. Kindly inbox me. Kind hearted brothers and sisters I need ur help.

what age did you use in applying the bsc?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by debris: 1:15am On Jul 03, 2017
Good morning fam have a splendid and testimonies filled week.

i need help regarding my trv application am about sending by mid week by Gods grace, now am i sending in original documents of my uni/secondary certs also nysc and employment letter or am i to submit only photocopies will be awaiting replies.thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 1:54am On Jul 03, 2017
atiteb4:
kindly tell me the remaining two universities in Canada that considers the last 2 full years of study

Uni of Waterloo
McGill Uni
York University
Uni of Saskatchewan

Looks like most of Canada Universities consider it actually. Just search for Universities, check if they have your intended program and read the Admissions requirements carefully. You’ll find the info there if they consider it.

Reads like this "A cumulative weighted average of at least 70% in the last two years of full-time study (e.g. 60 credit unit equivalent)”.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2017
Hello. Please I need a sample sponsorship afidavit as well.

mostblackroad:
Send your email address would send one.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 2:52am On Jul 03, 2017
Please can someone help review my SOP before I submit my application. I intend submitting this week as soon as my CAQ acceptance certificate is out. Many thanks

maziude:

Will check boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 2:55am On Jul 03, 2017
debris:

i need help regarding my trv application am about sending by mid week by Gods grace, now am i sending in original documents of my uni/secondary certs also nysc and employment letter or am i to submit only photocopies will be awaiting replies.thanks

Go wit both but u will be asked to submit photocopies of few....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OpeLovely(f): 3:00am On Jul 03, 2017
Please who still has trouble in linking their paper application online

I have been battling with this since first week of June oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 3:19am On Jul 03, 2017
Pls guys how much can one budget for air fare to montreal canada. All the airline portals I am checking are not giving me any result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 5:23am On Jul 03, 2017
OpeLovely:
Please who still has trouble in linking their paper application online

I have been battling with this since first week of June oooo.
Did u follow these steps;

Ensure you do not fill in the section where place of birth was asked, leave that section blank, just follow this steps meticulously and it should link just fine.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dotmax53: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2017
Omokay24:
Is anyone going to Vancouver August 2017?
Sure going in August, Are you also going?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 6:47am On Jul 03, 2017
debris:

paper application only requires original bank statement, all letters addressed to the embassy has to be original too, then admission letter should be original. everything else should be photocopy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Andyosifo(m): 6:51am On Jul 03, 2017
Good morning house. Pls,how much are they collecting for paper application in vfs office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by honeyscottage(m): 7:25am On Jul 03, 2017
Please house,

I need someone who can assist me in requesting for my GCMS. It is urgent please.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.