Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878587 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by muyem: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
ohizzyy7:

when did you apply.

I applied in March this year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by muyem: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
muyem:
Dear All,

I need your kind advise on how best to respond to the letter I received from the Canada Immigration section, Ghana. The question is,

"On the current application form, you indicate that you have never been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country. According to information in our records, you were refused visa(s) to the United States in the following year(s): 2016"

I never indicated that I was never refused any kind of visa. I ticked yes I was refused, Because I was previously refused that of the Canada. Meanwhile I was refused USA visa last year but was later given in March this year before my reapplying for Canada visa so I see no reason to state that in my form except that if Canada which I was reapplying for.

I have been given 2weeks to respond.

I need your kind advise. Thank you all in advance.

I wonder why no one would want to assist on my post above. This is over a week and no advise.

Ko wa pa o!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abdullahi45: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
mamacajah:

Hello all, please help answer my question. I need to start applying this week as time is not on my side. Thanks.
someone should please help me on how to convert my Nigerian CGPA to Canadian grading system. Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
muyem:

I wonder why no one would want to assist on my post above. This is over a week and no advise.

Ko wa pa o!

Respond as convincing as you can ever be with the truth. You have actually been refused both USA and Canadian visa previously of which you already ticked Yes.

Did you indicate that you were refused canadian visa only? If not, then explain that the ticked Yes is meant for the US and Canadian visa. Remember to screenshot the application where you ticked Yes alongside your response. But note that if you had knowingly omitted the fact that you were initial denied a US Visa, there's no excuse for that.

Warm Regards.
DereI

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
abdullahi45:
someone should please help me on how to convert my Nigerian CGPA to Canadian grading system. Thanks...

Calculate with wes.org
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
kosb:

Hi Nogen, I contacted the CAQ guys and was told my certificate was sent to the Lagos Visa office since June 19 but that mine might take time as a result of the delays from my country's courier service. So they advised I contact the visa office for the best way forward (although she mentioned I could go ahead with my student permit application. But then she wasn't patient enough to explain how.

Do you have any idea what I could do?

You do not need the hard cover to apply. They must have sent the soft copy to you. Check your mail. If it's not there, check your account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by keduduka1234: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
deezoneclu:

Yes I am. Let's connect. Going to UBC specifically. You?

Hello..
Please what course are you going for in UBC?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by keduduka1234: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Olakunlae:
I have. a question for the ogas here. I'm applying to UofOttawa and Mcgill to study a thesis-based course. I've read that one needs to get a supervisor before one can be considered for admission. My question is, is it necessary to have a research topic/proposal before contacting a potential supervisor?. We all know the way education is in Nigeria that is why I want to leave to go and study abroad. No indepth practical knowledge, as a immunologist, I have never viewed a malaria parasite under a microscope. I'm currently confused as I don't know what to do. I just need someone to give a hint on what to do regarding the aforementioned question I asked. Your little input/advice may go a long way helping me out. Thanks in advance

Hello,
Please what schools are you looking at?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
bettyLad:

OK , Thank you for your advice . how about I apply alongside with my husband then the kids can b with my parents in Lagos here ,how easy can the kids join me after I have traveled ? I mean getting a visa . although our intention was apply for schools for them when my admission pulls through before we apply for visas .they are age 5, 3,and 9months who ll b 1yr plus when everything finally works out.

Please apply for your kids to go with you. Husband must stay in Nigeria for now if you have any hopes of getting a visa. He should be the primary sponsor and show landed and business interest in Nigeria, including himself as your hometie. Having your children apply for a visitor's visa and joining you later to change to a visa for dependents of a student, can be complicated. Please by no means if you have to leave any of your kids, please do not leave your nine months kid here. Fine tune your program of study to have a relationship with what you studied in the past or be prepared with a strong SOP to explain the career change. Many dismiss a change in career path here, without knowing that this could be explained away in an SOP. I believe VOs understand such career changes in life as it happens all the time. Some expect VOs to be clairvoyants in knowing without an explanation, thus most denials for the usual stated: purpose of visit.

Reading your profile, you had expressed an interest of moving to Riwanda from UAE for the sole purpose of applying for a Canadian visa. I wont fault you for it, we all want to see each other succeed in this forum. But if you don't mind me asking how that went? Why did you choose to come back to Nigeria now and apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Olakunlae: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
keduduka1234:

Hello,
Please what schools are you looking at?

I already stated it in previous post, Uni of Ottawa and Mcgill. I'll apply to one more school later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by klexycole(m): 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Good evening everyone and congrats to our brothers that got TRV approval. Please, I need suggestions and advice on applying to Brandon University, Manitoba. Is there anyone in the school here?

Any helpful contribution would greatly be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Olakunlae:

I already stated it in previous post, Uni of Ottawa and Mcgill. I'll apply to one more school later

McGill and Toronto are probably the toughest schools to get into in Canada. Apply to 4 or 5 schools to make sure you end up somewhere at the end of the day. Please and please you should have done in depth research and have a topic before contacting any professor to become your supervisor. You greatly enhance your chances of him taking you under his tutelage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

[s]strong SOP to explain the career change. Many dismiss a change in career path here, without knowing that this could be explained away in an SOP. I believe VOs understand such career changes in life as it happens all the time[/s]. Some expect VOs to be clairvoyants in knowing without an explanation, thus most denials for the usual stated: purpose of visit.

canadian VOs don't understand career change. They are acting on the rules and regulations set out in assessing applications. Any glaring mediocre makes their work easier by rejecting it. I stand and advocate against any form of strong/compelling SOP my foot whenever there are INCONSISTENCIES as long as CANADA is involved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gingerr(f): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
glam4444:

Delay is never denial. God has better plans

Amen, thanks.. God Bless.

dapoddon:
Easy gingerr. You're not a failure. You were only delayed,
not denied. Pick urself up, understand the behind the scenes reasons for ur delay by ordering ur GCMS file, tackle them with the aid of this thread, refire and come back to share your goodness.
You can also share your profile with the house for the gurus to dissect.

Amen, thanks....I'm over it now, God bless.

fiendishghoul:

I don't think it's too late, try to share ur profile here so u can get constructive ideas on how to repackage, and also order for ur gcms notes to see what went wrong, then apply for a deferral from the school citing visa issues, delay is never denial...God be with you

Planning to do just that. God be with you too. Thanks -)

Osemigho:

Thank you for coming out. Tell us your profile, perhaps you are meant to be in the other room. Stop the tears and Let's solve this issue together.

I have a bachelors degree in computer science from the Uni of Greenwich. Applied for a 3yrs diploma program in Seneca college(computer engineering technology). Submitted all the necessary documents with first semester tuition. I think the mistake was the course I opted for. Not sure about that tho, will update the house as soon as I collect my passport.

mcobex:
am so sorry about it bro, pls don't think too much about it, try and order for yr gcsm file and try to fix the vo's reason(s) for denial then refire

I'll do just that. Thanks bro. I'm a sis btw.

Sharles:

Share your details so that gurus can advise. Sorry about your denial.

Thanks, God bless.

maziude:

Hello boss,

Calm down...

You just got delayed... All you have to do is get your gcms note to know what went wrong.

In the meantime, kindly share your profile, so we can chip in our thoughts...

Finally, you are not a failure...Life just happened... Get up, dust yourself and fight...

Enjoy...

Thanks boss, I'll order for my gcms note as soon as I collect my passport. God bless.

Congrats to CanadianNurse and those who have collected their TRvs.

Best of Luck to the hopeful.

May God favour us all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
GermanDreamer:
canadian VOs don't understand career change. They are acting on the rules and regulations set out in assessing applications. Any glaring mediocre makes their work easier by rejecting it. I stand and advocate against any form of strong/compelling SOP my foot whenever there are INCONSISTENCIES as long as U.S/CANADA is involved

What kind of rules and regulations won't welcome a career change? Show me the rules please. That is not sensible rules and I doubt there such a rule. VOs enjoy considerable discretion and latitude in making decisions and will understand if you explain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

What kind of rules and regulations won't welcome a career change? Show me the rules please. That is not sensible rules and I doubt there such a rule. VOs enjoy considerable discretion and latitude in making decisions and will understand if you explain.
try your relative(s) application with such and come and tell us the NEWS here since i can see you have already applied. There must be relationship either to your undergraduate or directly to your profession/duties/responsibilities/role if employed or activities as the case may be. As long as such mediocre application is from a 3rd world country like Nigeria. even if you like take it to a professor in linguistics to write such SOP for you with all the grammars in the advance English dictionary,it will hardly fly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:04am On Jul 04, 2017
khasm:

Dear Austinpee,
Biko, kindly enlighten me more about this reason to extend stay.
I beg sir.
As stipulated by IRCC, visitors can extend their stay and change their status while in canada. However, reason for such extention or change MUST follow laid down guidance and each application must also meet the requirements for the category of visa/permit they require and will have to apply 30days before the expiration of their status.
Find links to CIC's website for more info below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2017
GermanDreamer:
try your relative(s) application with such and come and tell us the NEWS here since i can see you have already applied. There must be relationship either to your undergraduate or directly to your profession/duties/responsibilities/role if employed or activities as the case may be

The onus and burden of persuasion is on the applicant, nothing is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:07am On Jul 04, 2017
tommee:

Hello sirmicholo,

In my own case i paid an agent who applied for U.S visit 5years ago with wrong information and i was denied because i couldnt answer the V.O confidently
now am about to submit my canada study application. can i state the above as reasons for denial? can they see the infos i used on the U.S application? i am planning to tell them the truth stating (i applied for U.S visit with the assistant of an agent who gave false details and information about myself and the whole application hence the denial.) hope it wont affect my current application negatively

@Austinpee4 your professional input is required here sir
@Derel have given you sufficient response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2017
DereI:

But the question is always; Have you been refused a visa to any country previously? Your answer should be a Yes or No. Going into details sometimes might derail the process. Saying an agent filled in false info, do you have proof backing that statement? Was it ticked that your us visa application was completed with the help of an agent?

I believe a simple ''Yes'' is all you need.

Just my thought though.

Gurus in the house, your input is needed too.

Warm Regards
DereI

I do not think any further input would insinuate any thing different from yours. I personally couldn't have agreed more to your thought.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2017
jnyuwa02:

The onus and burden of persuasion is on the applicant, nothing is impossible.
not on a situation of hers. na today people begin write the so called compelling SOPs..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2017
GermanDreamer:
try your relative(s) application with such and come and tell us the NEWS here since i can see you have already applied. There must be relationship either to your undergraduate or directly to your profession/duties/responsibilities/role if employed or activities as the case may be. As long as such mediocre application is from a 3rd world country like Nigeria. even if you like take it to a professor in linguistics to write such SOP for you with all the grammars in the advance English dictionary,it will hardly fly
Well said!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vaspire: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2017
Hello everyone

Been following this topic and guess I need advice too. I studied computer science and will like to study MAC in Canada. Have a lecturer who use to teach in Waterloo but she has now moved to Dalhousie. She is encouraging me to apply to Dalhousie due to cost of living and tuition and so she can help out too. But I will like to know if anyone knows Dalhousie and how good the school is in MAC. Also my marriage introduction is coming up soon. But then, travelling as single or married which one is better? Note: future hubby does not live in Canada. Someone should please reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Olakunlae: 12:36am On Jul 04, 2017
jnyuwa02:

McGill and Toronto are probably the toughest schools to get into in Canada. Apply to 4 or 5 schools to make sure you end up somewhere at the end of the day. Please and please you should have done in depth research and have a topic before contacting any professor to become your supervisor. You greatly enhance your chances of him taking you under his tutelage.

Alright, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eddiiee: 2:31am On Jul 04, 2017
Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this thread for a while now and i need some advice folks...I was sent a refusal yesterday for my TRV- Study Visa, school-Okanagan College. the reasons ticked was Travel History and Purpose of travel.

Course of study- Bsc Elect/Elect Engr 2.1
Intended course of study-Bsc Comp and Info. Tech. Yr 2

Docs submitted
SOP
SOA my brother 2.5m and 2.4m Edu Insurance
Employment letter
Personal statement 200k
Accommodation support -Cousin in canada (Same school)
School fees-Paid part payment as required for admission
letter of Introduction from my company.

I need to understand my mistakes and also my next steps ....Should i start scouting admission for dec-Jan? what do i do ? Am quite confused
Please help!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 3:47am On Jul 04, 2017
Eddiiee:
Hi Nairalanders,

Been following this thread for a while now and i need some advice folks...I was sent a refusal yesterday for my TRV- Study Visa, school-Okanagan College. the reasons ticked was Travel History and Purpose of travel.

Intended course of study-Bsc Comp and Info. Tech. Yr 2

Docs submitted
SOP
Employment letter
Personal statement 200k

I need to understand my mistakes and also my next steps ....Should i start scouting admission for dec-Jan? what do i do ? Am quite confused
Please help!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay.. Order for ur gcms note
Ur course of study nd intended course of study undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 5:44am On Jul 04, 2017
Eddiiee:
Hi Nairalanders,

Intended course of study-Bsc Comp and Info. Tech. Yr 2 when did you apply
?
Docs submitted
SOP
Employment letter
Personal statement 200k

Please help!!!!!!!

sorry pls when did you submit your application?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 5:48am On Jul 04, 2017
klexycole:
Good evening everyone and congrats to our brothers that got TRV approval. Please, I need suggestions and advice on applying to Brandon University, Manitoba. Is there anyone in the school here?

Any helpful contribution would greatly be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Contact the Admissions team/staff of both schools, they are very responsive...Got admission to both in a short time... Ug or PG?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Andyosifo(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Good morning house.Pls,I was refused trv last year, do I need to do another biometric again?, as I'm about to reapply.Secondly, should I go with my original documents or just the photocopies to the vfs office.My previous application was online.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2017
Andyosifo:
Good morning house.Pls,I was refused trv last year, do I need to do another biometric again?, as I'm about to reapply.Secondly, should I go with my original documents or just the photocopies to the vfs office.My previous application was online.thanks
Yes u ve to do another biometric. Go wit both original nd photocopies...ur statement of account,acceptance letter nd all letters addressed to d embassy must be original..odas ...photocopy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2017
Andyosifo:
Yes u ve to do another biometric. Go wit both original nd photocopies...ur statement of account,acceptance letter nd all letters addressed to d embassy must be original..odas ...photocopy
Nd also make sure u indicate about ur visa refusal to avoid any delay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rubbies22: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2017
Hello
It's been almost two weeks since I did my biometric and yet no update on my profile,.,, hope this is not a delay!
Anyone with information about this and what to di

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.