Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,238 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (891612 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

Mazi 1 of canada! I celebrate with you bro. Congratulation. U know say we dey go the same city, i go help you keep some of the cash, money is always safe with me bro! grin

Congrats again!

My oga...you know ha fa na.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2017
glam4444:

Congrats dear..

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:40am On Jul 05, 2017
tuzinde:
@Maziude

Congrats.
U go need award some portion to some of us

Nothing do you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 8:40am On Jul 05, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

Please join me in thanking God oh.

I just got an email from the graduate office in uottawa.

I got awarded a whooping 27,000cad yearly in addition to my 76,000cad Research grant.

God be praised oh...

The Lord's doing, happy for you Mazi.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2017
maziude:
Hello bosses,

God be praised oh...

This is really cool, congratulations bro, is your research area an aspect of Engineering?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 8:45am On Jul 05, 2017
maziude:

Although i wasnt asked for any other proof of fund when i applied apart from the initial funding letter i submitted. But someone was asked to send, he just mentioned it again and resent the offer letter and that covered that part. His applicatiin has been approved now.

It depends on the vo...

So you received this funding before and last night's notice was only some kind of approval of the initial offer by the head honchos? Good luck with your TRV? When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2017
jnyuwa02:

So you received this funding before and last night's notice was only some kind of approval of the initial offer by head honchos? Good luck with your TRV? When did you apply?
Dey don approve baba since o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2017
chonewillie:

Roman 9 v 16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

God has been merciful, and I give Him all the glory.

Congratulations to you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2017
jnyuwa02:

So you received this funding before and last night's notice was only some kind of approval of the initial offer by the head honchos? Good luck with your TRV? When did you apply?

Last nite notice was an additional funding.

Already got my trv.

Applied in april, got it in may...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2017
Wow! This is a glorious morning, full of great news! Congrats@maziude and chonewillie. We serve an awesome GOD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2017
maziude:

Last nite notice was an additional funding.

Already got my trv.

Applied in april, got it in may...

Awesome man. So there is hope for me getting it within a month. Sounds like with full funding it's a slam dunk!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tybian: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2017
Osemigho:

1: Yes. I got multiple supervisors.

2 & 3: emailed many. The format is here. Check my post.

4: No. she told me read some papers and textbooks during our Skype. I searched and realise downloading they are not free. I informed her that I don't have access to it. She used her institutional email to download them all and attached it to an email for me.

5: same answer as 2.

6: some are sent to direct you and not walk the path together with you at the beginning of or throughout the journey.

Shalom.

Hello Osemigho

I read through some of your comments here and i must say i am encouraged and also challenged by your resilience. . I want to commence searching for a supervisor as well as preparing a good research proposal and i hope to join in sharing my testimony (TA or Scholarship) . I have few questions

1. On your response to question 2, can you link me to your post where the format is.

2. Some comments here have been suggesting how difficult it is for Canadian schs to accept change of course in MSc different from that studied in BSc. Pls how true is (i studied B. Eng Petroleum but looking int MSc Mechanical /Process)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Shonky: 9:10am On Jul 05, 2017
chonewillie:
Applied (PAPER) - April 11, 2017

Medical mail - May 31, 2017

Completed medicals - June 8, 2017

Medicals passed - June 12, 2017

APPROVED - July 4, 2017

Roman 9 v 16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

God has been merciful, and I give Him all the glory.

We thank God. Congratulations smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2017
have you done medicals?
abestine:

Did you link your application to your online account? If you did, a detailed message should be there which will give you an insight into what you should be expecting, a corresponding mail also should be sent to the mail address you submitted... Hope for the best bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2017
Slam dunk money!
Congratulations boss.
maziude:
Hello bosses,

I just got an email from the graduate office in uottawa.

I got awarded a whooping 27,000cad yearly in addition to my 76,000cad Research grant.

God be praised oh...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I have been trying to respond to this post all day yesterday and it won't let me. Finally! The error in this statement in my opinion, is that it supposes that career change is endemic to Nigeria alone. As they say, in the local lingua franca, haba bros, dem no dey change careers too in Canada? Which one be sey dem no dey conform to Nigerian standard of career change? I think TheSoj has said it in better ways than I could. The issue has been belabored and we should proceed to other things. Thanks.
if you don't get what I said you should have just asked me to clarify

I appreciate your disagreement but don't quote me out of context in the process

Everywhere in the world one can change their career, not in a twinkle of an eye there is a gradual progression it doesn't just happen suddenly you don't need the knowledge rocket science to

You don't just wake up one day and change career because you want to apply for TRV the next day

There should be a reasonable progression in your career change like polka dots then that's where your compelling SOP comes in to connect the dots for the visa officer who might not see the chain by just looking at the dots

Then in a country like Nigeria where a large number of economic migrants pose as students and bastardize the study permit I might not be wrong to assume the VO impression is already on one side then it is left for you to cross his mind over to the other side with the simplicity and authenticity of your application like a child crossing a busy street

Bro, I argue to learn and not to win the argument, approach really matters a lot when it comes to matters like this

I can't over emphasize the highly "outside the box" nature of your thoughts and post but the way you present them matters alot

Your words aren't infallible so don't be sarifed when someone puts out an opinion different from yours

Regards Boss J

I'm loyal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Babachi: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2017
kalohenic:
Typing in all caps is internet code for shouting, and its rude. That is what your attention is being drawn to, no body is trying to insult you here. We must learn to patiently understand each other by not jumping into wrong conclusion.

It's all about Internet etiquette.

Lol! Just passing by and I saw this. No be small thing oh. Una for just paste am somewhere make people know its rude to type in capital letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2017
Maziude this your funding I still DEY convert am with our exchange rate ..... The thing give me instant eye problem oooo

Congrats big bro.... God is ontop of our matter

@Jnyuwa02 Maziude applied from China hence his getting it within 1week or 2 was expected...... Bro apply as fast as possible to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2017
Come I never still receive passport dispatch mail not to even talk of collection mail from Vfs

I track my passport and they said it's still being processed at ACCRA... SOMETHING WEY DEY DON APPROVE SINCE FRIDAY LISTEN WEEK

Nna na wa o.... Make dem gimme my passport na... See me see wahala ooo

Markab NA so they waste time for you too?

Cc:Austinpee4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fembas316(m): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Come I never still receive passport dispatch mail not to even talk of collection mail from Vfs

I track my passport and they said it's still being processed at ACCRA... SOMETHING WEY DEY DON APPROVE SINCE FRIDAY LISTEN WEEK

Nna na wa o.... Make dem gimme my passport na... See me see wahala ooo

Markab NA so they waste time for you too?

Cc:Austinpee4

You can give vfs a call to clarify the status of things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by itengr(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

Mazi 1 of canada! I celebrate with you bro. Congratulation. U know say we dey go the same city, i go help you keep some of the cash, money is always safe with me bro! grin

Congrats again!

Bro abeg i need ur help o. i want to send my sop for u to review plus i have some privy stuff to discuss. how i fit reach u pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2017
Hello.

Pls can I see a sample of your bank letter for export. My bank is asking for a template.

CanadianNurse:
Yes that's what I did... Are you in lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2017
Hello. Pls can I see a template of your proof of funds export from the bank. My bank is asking for one to duplicate

quote author=CanadianNurse post=57969505]PROFILE

School : ICM University of Manitoba
Course: Electrical engineering

Documents submitted include
Police certificate
Offer letter/loa
SOP
SOA OF 12 MILLION BALANCE (inflow and outflow no really tight but the source of money was expressly stated in my sponsors)
2 land documents
TTranscripts
Waec (7 A's 2 B's)
Toefl-score 98
Refrence letters from school
2 UK visas
1 current American visa
Shares certificates
Tuition receipts

Submitted my application on the 28th of March (linked online after 2weeks)

Medical mail & proof of fund export - May 04

Medical done on 5th and passed after one week or so

Letter of assurance on proof of fund export submitted on the 9th of June

Application approved on the 29th of June ( 3weeks from the day I submitted the proof of fund export and also 3 months from the day I submitted my app)

If any other detail comes up I will update the house as usual

Thanks
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 10:52am On Jul 05, 2017
Wow! @Maziude, this is mind blowing! So happy for you. Congrats once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nolongthang: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2017
I need someone to help em vet my sop...����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2017
Seen. Gratias Muchos!!!!!

CanadianNurse:
see am I DEY comot am sharp sharp ooo so notify me as soon as you see it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2017
[Hello. Pls advise on ur email adress so I can send u my SOP. Hoping you wil be able 2 help me review. Thnx

quote author=maziude post=56365267]Hello guys,
Congrats to those who got approval. To those waiting, I pray for speedy approval. To the delayed, repackage and apply for it will end in approval too.

As, I wait for my approval (they moved our processing time to 4 weeks grin )I would be happy to help review SOPs to help reduce the pressure on our gurus dem grin. Due to time difference, when you send, please give me a day to respond and also send it in MS Word format.

Thanks.

It will end in praises for us all.

PS: Dont ask me why I never sleep, me sef no just understand the sleep... [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (505)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.