Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887730 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

WHAT! AUSTINEEPEE4.

Bro do you mean I have to start afresh and register a new IELTS exam inorder to get a direct admission? That's kinda very stressful seriously, sitting for another exam.

Does it that implies that was the REASON FOR PURPOSE OF VISIT?
Well, it's actually up to you. You can also make your school waive the condition of completing the ESL by proving to your intended school that you studied sufficient english during your secondary school days just as @mcobex suggested.

Just don't present the ESL to the embassy for any reason. Present the offer for the undergraduate program you intend to study without a condition to study english first.

You studying ESL most likely was the reason for the PURPOSE of VISIT ticked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Well, it's actually up to you. You can also make your school waive the condition of completing the ESL by proving to your intended school that you studied sufficient english during your secondary school days just as @mcobex suggested.

Just don't present the ESL to the embassy for any reason. Present the offer for the undergraduate program you intend to study without a condition to study english first.

THANK YOU very much brother. you have being of help to me. I duly appreciate alot. I'll do just that. Thank you very much. I have pm you hope u have seen it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Juicyboy126(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
likeababygirl:

Rent depends on what kinda apartment you want and the location. The one i am talking about is about $1,050 for a month. Two bedroom, unfurnished with heat,hot water and electricity.

Please on a lighter note, you said and Electricity. I want to know, are there apartments without electricity? I actually thought light is no issue over there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Juicyboy126:

Please on a lighter note, you said and Electricity. I want to know, are there apartments without electricity? I actually thought light is no issue over there

It means your utility bills are inclusive in your rent...Lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
likeababygirl:

Yeah. Decided to do unfurnished because[b] I don't know who used the furniture before[/b]. Especially the bed and mattress plus i heard that there are lots of bed bugs and those kinda stuff in some apartment in Halifax I'll rather just get new furniture that i can trust.
Going to Canada next month.

Okay....i get it...

Bed bugs? OMG
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=DeCrystal1 post=58291248]

Pls which route?[/quote/]
paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

@Austinpee4. please lets keep in touch. I have pm you already. check well I'm among your followers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
I got a mail on Friday on my account and when I checked I was certified ineligible. I know this means that my visa has been denied. I paid CAD20,000 a year school fees, SOA of spouse was 25m (in and out 100m), I also submitted personal SOA of 2m and 10,000USD. hubby reviewed my strongly worded SOP , didn't apply with kids. All relevant documents submitted.

Please when will I be able to get my passport. I guess I will see the reasons then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Good evening everyone.... Is there any school in Canada that I don't need to pay upfront for tuition? And if I don't pay upfront does that affect my chance of getting a Canadian study visa for undergraduate course though.... Thanks for your advice in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
DereI:
This week is gonna be filled with goodnews....I can feel it...... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Lol grin grin
Amen !!!!!
Amen ooo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by matic12: 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
bosbebe:
I got a mail on Friday on my account and when I checked I was certified ineligible. I know this means that my visa has been denied. I paid CAD20,000 a year school fees, SOA of spouse was 25m (in and out 100m), I also submitted personal SOA of 2m and 10,000USD. hubby reviewed my strongly worded SOP , didn't apply with kids. All relevant documents submitted.

Please when will I be able to get my passport. I guess I will see the reasons then.

Sorry about that sis..
kindly share your profile for gurus in the house to see..
when did you apply?
what programs are you going for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
bosbebe:

Sorry for the delay
Request for your gcms note,repackage nd refire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
bosbebe:

This is scary, It's well with you dear. get your passport to be able to know what the problem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bosbebe: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2017
I applied for MBA, am a law graduate have LLM from UK. worked in a law firm and then moved to a big four accounting firm and changed career to tax consultant with 10years work experience.

matic12:

Sorry about that sis..
kindly share your profile for gurus in the house to see..
when did you apply?
what programs are you going for?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
Who
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Juicyboy126:

I mean the rent covers these utilities so you don't have to pay the bills yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mobidre: 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
wealth360:
Who is going to Saskatchewan this sept fall term 2017 through Royal air marco , Aug 28th precisely from lasgidi? Anyone please

Check your box olease
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mysine: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2017
So sorry to deviate, please can anyone help me with learning finite element analysis and solid works?
I've tried coursera and I'm finding it really difficult
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 1:34am On Jul 10, 2017
Is anyone applying to or admitted to Red deer college?

I need some info please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lonelyhrt(f): 3:36am On Jul 10, 2017
fiendishghoul:

As for the medicals, there are only two places u can do it in Abuja, IOM and Abuja Clinics, did mine at IOM on Thursday, and my profile changed to medical passed the next day, so I'll recommend them, their fee is 40,200...hope this helps, as for ur finances, u should write to ur school and ask for a financial quotation for the upcoming year, cic demands each applicant should have a minimum of C$10,000 for living expenses (note this is higher if you're going to Quebec) for the year, plus complete tuition, u should show u have enough to meet these requirements

thanks so much

what's their location please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 4:23am On Jul 10, 2017
dear house, i just noticed a trend by cic :that they are dealing mostly on paper applications and ignoring online applications.....i am not understanding again cheesy

pls madam VO @ bluegirl080115, i beg talk put for the matter.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:41am On Jul 10, 2017
Austinpee4:

It is actually true. You cannot change a visiting or business visa to a study permit from within canada. An applicant will have to apply from outside canada.

The people you mentioned all applied from outside canada and were all students in their respective countries of residence. The contextual issue is applying within canada for a study permit.

I don't know about Canada, might be interesting to look into it. I know in the United States too while it is not possible to apply for a student visa from within the U.S., it is possible however, that if one came to the United States with a visiting visa, to change that status into a student visa all within the United States without leaving the country.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:56am On Jul 10, 2017
Yomalicious:

Like I said earlier. I know someone that did
She started off with a 5 months Hrm course on her visit visa.
Before she was done applied to nait for a pgd
Got a lawyer

Before study visa was approved they requested for an interview
Was told to write an essay on why that particular course

Nb:
The 5 months course was a prequsite for the pgd

Her application was approved

She has graduated now and has a 3 years post study work permit.

Like I said it's possible.

This has the ring of truth to it. This is the process too of changing status from a visiting to a student visa all within the United States without ever stepping a foot outside the country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 5:03am On Jul 10, 2017
bosbebe:
I applied for MBA, am a law graduate have LLM from UK. worked in a law firm and then moved to a big four accounting firm and changed career to tax consultant with 10years work experience.

What was you job description in the tax cosultancy office.
Where you legal
Where you in operations or maybe accounting dept

Sorry about the denial.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:28am On Jul 10, 2017
Yomalicious:

Well I applied to only McGill and I gained admission. So I can't comment on how easy it is.

Living expense for Quebec is higher than other province
It takes at least 30 business days to get a CAQ
So if you intend to go to Quebec please start on time

NB
I applied for admission Nov 2016. Got accepted April 2017.

McGill is not good with scholarships to internationals. Are you footing their expensive bill?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 5:28am On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmm boss mi, since march chai! Naija sweet u no be small o u no wan comot again and you decided to go just a week to resumption I was expecting you to leav this month or latest 1st week in aug. Oga wealth360 dia riz God oo grin lol.
Good morning famz, as usual, 2trv approval per week, new testimonies will roll in this week by his grace. Positive vibes, Cheers!

wealth360:
Who is going to Saskatchewan this sept fall term 2017 through Royal air marco , Aug 28th precisely from lasgidi? Anyone please

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 5:58am On Jul 10, 2017
Ayoola03:
Hmmmm boss mi, since march chai! Naija sweet u no be small o u no wan comot again and you decided to go just a week to resumption I was expecting you to leav this month or latest 1st week in aug. Oga wealth360 dia riz God oo grin lol.
Good morning famz, as usual, 2trv approval per week, new testimonies will roll in this week by his grace. Positive vibes, Cheers!

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emeritus153: 6:11am On Jul 10, 2017
Name: Dr. Alexandra Anga
Hospital:- The Childrens Practice and the Consultants Practice
Address:- 25 Raymond Njoku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos
Telephone: (234) 146 119 41, +234-7065859845, +234-8093540899

I was referred to do my medical at the above hospital
Pls house, I want to confirm if it is one of the hospital that is authenticated by the Canadian embassy for Canadian visa medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 6:24am On Jul 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

McGill is not good with scholarships to internationals. Are you footing their expensive bill?

Yes I am. Took McGill because it's the Worlds Aviation Hub. Everything Aviation, airline you see around is governed from from Headquaters Montreal (IATA and ICAO). I felt it's was the best pick for my course and I really didn't feel like going to a college.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Juicyboy126(m): 6:31am On Jul 10, 2017
likeababygirl:

I mean the rent covers these utilities so you don't have to pay the bills yourself.

OK. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amii131(f): 6:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Good morning issa blessed week....someone who recently did medicals here in Abuja should please reply asap for the charges in Abuja clinics please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.