Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (883949 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
princeadedayo:

Temporary resident means students studying presently or people on work visa or SowP.

Regards

I thought this was what temporary residents meant; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/index.asp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
fiendishghoul:

I thought this was what temporary residents meant; http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/index.asp

Yes that's the same as I said. Student studying in Canada presently etc

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
mcobex:
Am so so sorry about this news bro, may God see us all through this race.
1. how much was in ur account? did u pay ur tuition?
2. what is the relationship btw ur proposed program, ur current place of work and ur previous program?
3. that obe isn't much of an issue.
Gurus in the house can explain better on how to order for ur GCMS note . Sorry once again my MUN bro

My visa was refused yesterday based on
1)insufficient funds and available resources
2)Purpose of visit 
3)Travel History. 

I'll strategies & reapply

But please what can I do to tackle the above reasons the V.O have against me. 

Submitted on 31/May/2017
The documents i submitted is as follows-

1)Conditional Admission letter attached with ESL program admission letter (indicating that after completion of ESL program I can now enroll into my undergraduate degree program) 
2)Birth certificate from NPC office
3)Photocopy of original waec result
4)photocopy of IELTS result
5)photocopy of local government identification certification 
6)Secondary school testimonial 
7)6 months diploma award certificate in desktop publishing.
coolStatement of Result for 6 months diploma in desktop publishing 
9)Upront medicals sheet
10)police certificate 
11) SOP (Statement of purpose) 
12) A letter of introduction from place of work
13)Attached with CAC certificate of place of work. 
14)All CIC documents
15)International Passport
16)International passport bio date page

Sponsors documents.

1)Letter of sponsorship 
2)Affidiavit of sponsorship 
3)statement of account of inflow and outflow 93Million having a balance of 700k.
4)landed property documents 
5)Land survey plan and approval documents.
6)Proof of ownership of business (Article and association of memorandum) 
7)CAC documents ( proof to show the business is Registered)
coolSponspor International passage bio data page
9)Tax clearance certificate of 5.3Million from 2015 to date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oops! Sorry about the outcome of your application. It's a good thing you are ordering for your GCMS note.

If you are using http://gcmsnow.com, you will fill in your card details first, after that, it will take you to the page where you fill relevant details of your application before you order.

All the best bro. And feel welcome to share your profile so somethings can be looked into pending when your GCMS file is out.

My visa was refused yesterday based on
1)insufficient funds and available resources
2)Purpose of visit 
3)Travel History. 

I'll strategies & reapply

But please what can I do to tackle the above reasons the V.O have against me. 

Submitted on 31/May/2017
The documents i submitted is as follows-

1)Conditional Admission letter attached with ESL program admission letter (indicating that after completion of ESL program I can now enroll into my undergraduate degree program) 
2)Birth certificate from NPC office
3)Photocopy of original waec result
4)photocopy of IELTS result
5)photocopy of local government identification certification 
6)Secondary school testimonial 
7)6 months diploma award certificate in desktop publishing.
coolStatement of Result for 6 months diploma in desktop publishing 
9)Upfront medicals sheet
10)police certificate 
11) SOP (Statement of purpose) 
12) A letter of introduction from place of work
13)Attached with CAC certificate of place of work. 
14)All CIC documents
15)International Passport
16)International passport bio date page

Sponsors documents.

1)Letter of sponsorship 
2)Affidiavit of sponsorship 
3)statement of account of inflow and outflow 93Million having a balance of 700k.
4)landed property documents 
5)Land survey plan and approval documents.
6)Proof of ownership of business (Article and association of memorandum) 
7)CAC documents ( proof to show the business is Registered)
cool Sponspor International passage bio data page
9)Tax clearance certificate of 5.3million from 2015 to date.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
willyboss:
How much is your tuition fees and how much was your sponsor's SOA?

MY tuition fee is 8,800CAD and my sponsor being my maternal uncle has 700k as a closing balance, with a inflow and outflow of 93million.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Sorry, but I believe the bone of contention here is if it's possible to apply for a study permit 'WITHIN' Canada. Someone here said it was impossible, and you'll have to go back to ur country to do that,
someone whose study permit expires before the completion of his studies maybe due to passport expiration is allowed to APPLY FOR EXTENSION OF STUDY PERMIT FROM WITHIN CANADA that's what I meant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
princeadedayo:

If your course is less than 6 months, you don't need a study visa or u won't be given a study visa. A visit visa would be used instead.
but pgd is not 6months na
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
The closing balance was way too small bro. I think it should be in millions
Frankrobbn1:

MY tuition fee is 8,800CAD and my sponsor being my maternal uncle has 700k as a closing balance, with a inflow and outflow of 93million.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
mcobex:
Am so so sorry about this news bro, may God see us all through this race.
1. how much was in ur account? did u pay ur tuition?
2. what is the relationship btw ur proposed program, ur current place of work and ur previous program?
3. that obe isn't much of an issue.
Gurus in the house can explain better on how to order for ur GCMS note . Sorry once again my MUN bro

Well, I had a conditional acceptance letter into ESL (English as a Second language) program which runs for 12 weeks, which was attached to my undergraduate Acceptance letter indicating that after my completion of ESL program, I can now enroll with my degree program in the school.

Area of study wasn't specified, but in my SOP I explained to them that after my ESL program, I will enroll into my undergraduate degree program in computer sciences which is the faculty of science i was accepted by the school.

I also attached that I have work in a company as a system Administrator and together with my 6 months diploma certificate award in desktop publishing, which I used to gain a job after my secondary school education.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by princeadedayo: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
but pgd is not 6months na

Yes true, some certificate courses are below 6 months or like an ESL programme that is short. So basically if you are coming for PGD or Masters or Diploma or advanced diploma u need a study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
manlikegb:

@PureRuby, you mentioned above that you had a low 2.2GPA and got admitted into MSc, please can you specify the grade? I'm asking because I have 2.2lower and I'm weighing my chances for an MSc program.

Lastly, I sincerely pray that God will make a way for you concerning the tuition request by CIC. You're almost there Sis. Try your human best and God will work the rest. AMEN.

I made 3.3/7 at university of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
willyboss:
The closing balance was way too small bro. I think it should be in millions

Bro! A week before my SPONSPOR printed his SOA his closing balance was 13Miliion. Can i ask him to use a huge sum to close his balance, since his inflow and outflow was superb.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Well, I had a conditional acceptance letter into ESL (English as a Second language) program which runs for 12 weeks, which was attached to my undergraduate Acceptance letter indicating that after my completion of ESL program, I can now enroll with my degree program in the school.

Area of study wasn't specified, but in my SOP I explained to them that after my ESL program, I will enroll into my undergraduate degree program in computer sciences which is the faculty of science i was accepted by the school.

I also attached that I have work in a company as a system Administrator and together with my 6 months diploma certificate award in desktop publishing, which I used to gain a job after my secondary school education.

Bro, the bold is actually the issue with your application. You know, going from an english speaking country to study english in canada(even prior to your program) may not be acceptable by most visa officers. They would rather expect that if indeed you need to improve your english, attempt TOEFL(test of english as a foreign language), IELTS(International english language testing system) to fulfill the condition of your program before you begin the undergraduate you eventually want to pursue.

So it will be imperative that you put this at the back of your mind in your next attempt. See if you can fulfill the english condition of your program and get direct admission into the program before you reapply. They will not believe you want to study genuinely going through the ESL no matter the duration. Your english can be improved here in nigeria through the test i mentioned to give you direct admission.
So please, attempt it from here, fulfill your condition and get your admission before you apply again.

Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
skylar2020:
Pls house what's the difference between study permit and trv
My sch said I shud not pay fees until I get study permit
Can I use the email attached to apply for visa or resend a new email to the grad coordinator to ask if I shud not pay tuition fees until I get the trv

What is the name of the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
imoriafe:
austinepee4 u too much. thanks for the explicit response. but wat if i want to pursue a career in IT.. and also i want to use my uncle as my sponsor.though we dont have the same surname. how go about both
What is actually your job role in the bank you work?

If it's IT related, then you have a chance. You only need to prove to them that your next position/role as an IT expert will require advanced knowledge and skills hence your intent of obtaining an advance degree to further hone your skill set.

Your uncle will have to give you the funds for your program and living expenses for the first year and also swear an affidavit of support so you are covered for the second year. He will also state why he decided to expend the huge funds for your study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

From ur profile I will advise u apply directly for ur undergraduate program instead of going through another English language course to get admitted. Nigeria is an English speaking country so u don't need any "pre-undergraduate English " course to get undergraduate admission. Just get a letter from ur secondary school stating u were taught in English language when u schooled there and u will be good to go. When I applied to MUN I was asked about proof of English language and all I did was go to my polytechnic to get a letter to that effect and thank God I got the admission. NB: Go to ur secondary school, get the letter and send it to MUN using ur secondary school's name as the sender

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
ayeopare:
@Austinpee4, @Mcboex, @Canadian Nurse
@Oseimgho

Please my gurus. I applied for my Visa on 18th may, 2017. No upfront medical. But got a mail on 5th July to go ahead for my medical which I did on 7th July, 2017. Please do I need to mail the document given to me by the Hospital to the embassy or what do I do with the document?

More so, I need your advice on request made by cic on Thursday to show evidence of school fee payment plus living expenses after indicating that I am scholarship from Nigeria with my award letter attached, plus two Co sponsor having 11 Million and 5million naira respectively in their account. Attached is the image of the request made by the cic. Kindly advice me.

Thanks.

Pls which route did you use?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Bro, the bold is actually the issue with your application. You know, going from an english speaking country to study english in canada(even prior to your program) may not be acceptable by most visa officers. They would rather expect that if indeed you need to improve your english, attempt TOEFL(test of english as a foreign language), IELTS(International english language testing system) to fulfill the condition of your program before you begin the undergraduate you eventually want to pursue.

So it will be imperative that you put this at the back of you mind in your next attempt. See if you can fulfill the english condition of your program and get direct admission into the program before you reapply. They will not believe you want to study genuinely going through the ESL no matter the duration. Your english can be improved here in nigeria through the test i mentioned to give you direct admission.
So please, attempt it from here, fulfill your condition and get your admission before you apply again.

Regards.
well said, MUN is one of the schools that aren't too strict when it comes to English language(when Nigeria is concern). I got my admission there without toefl, all he need do is get a letter from his secondary school stating he was taught in English Language during his secondary school days and MUN will accept it. Thank God he is going for an undergraduate program

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
@Austinpee4, @Mcboex, @Canadian Nurse
@Oseimgho

please i was refused visa yesterday based on the following. I submitted on 31/May/2017.

1-)insufficient fund and available resources
2-)Purpose of visit
3-)Travel history

please i want to apply for GCMS note. I want you guys to clarify me, whether I'm to fill the GCMS note form first before applying or I'm i to pay first before filling the form?

I hope to hear from you guys soon

Pls which route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Bro! A week before my SPONSPOR printed his SOA his closing balance was 13Miliion. Can i ask him to use a huge sum to close his balance, since his inflow and outflow was superb.?

High turnover in one's account shows the person account is very active. However you must have a closing balance that can cover your tution and living expenses and a little something more. If you have to stop the statement with a closing balance, feel free to do so. Visa Officers want you to SHOW HIM THE MONEY. Provided it's not more than 1 month before your application.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hi to all admins,
So I have been waiting for TRV hopefuls list for a while now. @oluwacanny please update
Yomalicious PGD McGill June 19 Upront Medical Paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayeopare(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
matic12:

What program are you going for? How many years is the program? what is the name of the university?

Masters degree bro, 2yrs, Concordia University.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
This week is gonna be filled with goodnews....I can feel it...... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
fiendishghoul:

I doubt this is true, there are some people here that applied from other countries, e.g. Maziude, judebebo etc

These people you mentioned above didn't apply for their study permit in Canada and more importantly not on a visit visa. They had legal residence(student visa) in the country they applied from. The person I replied wants to convert a Canadian visit visa to a study visa from inside canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
Cscd1234:
@dere1 but international students can only work for 20 hours a week. Has that somehow changed? How is your friend working 5 hours daily from Mondays to Saturdays?

No it still remains 20hours weekly.

I only shared a friend's experience.....to answer a question. And i am so glad I did. Ive learnt a lot from people's comments and i'm now enlightened about this issue.

I did not know that it might have a later effect on the PGWP application..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
likeababygirl:

These people you mentioned above didn't apply for their study permit in Canada and more importantly not on a visit visa. They had legal residence(student visa) in the country they applied from. The person I replied wants to[b] convert a Canadian visit visa to a study visa from inside canada[/b].

Is that possible? I'm not sure it is. To extend a visit visa, yes....but conversion of visa? I highly doubt.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
Newman1010:
Hi @likeababygirl, I will be heading to Halifax SMU by September hopefully. How much is rent for a month? Just asking cos I'm a guy

Rent depends on what kinda apartment you want and the location. The one i am talking about is about $1,050 for a month. Two bedroom, unfurnished with heat,hot water and electricity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayeopare(m): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
DeCrystal1:

Pls which route did you use?

Paper route bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 9:24pm On Jul 09, 2017
likeababygirl:

Rent depends on what kinda apartment you want and the location. The one i am talking about is about $1,050 for a month. Two bedroom, unfurnished with heat,hot water and electricity.

Do you prefer unfurnished? Why? I believe furnished apartments is like an already made.... You just move in with your bags and settle in.

Are you in Canada already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
DereI:

Do you prefer unfurnished? Why? I believe furnished apartments is like an already made.... You just move in with your bags and settle in.

Are you in Canada already?
Yeah. Decided to do unfurnished because I don't know who used the furniture before. Especially the bed and mattress plus i heard that there are lots of bed bugs and those kinda stuff in some apartment in Halifax I'll rather just get new furniture that i can trust.
Going to Canada next month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ennly: 9:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Hello gurus in the house please I applied for my visa in the 4th of may 2017 for sept fall paper route I haven't heard anything yet and I have been trying to link my application online I haven't been able too please any news or what do I do am thinking of sending a mail will that be nice please assist me thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 9:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

So it will be imperative that you put this at the back of your mind in your next attempt. See if you can fulfill the english condition of your program and get direct admission into the program before you reapply. They will not believe you want to study genuinely going through the ESL no matter the duration. Your english can be improved here in nigeria through the test i mentioned to give you direct admission.

Regards.

WHAT! AUSTINEEPEE4.

Bro do you mean I have to start afresh and register a new IELTS exam inorder to get a direct admission? That's kinda very stressful seriously, sitting for another exam.

Does it that implies that was the REASON FOR PURPOSE OF VISIT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.