Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,350 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884270 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
mcobex:
u are good to go, but u will have to explain every educational gap between when u finished ur secondary school, ur diploma and now that u have admission to study in Canada. A well structured sop will work. Gurus in the house should help out on this pls

okay sir,one year gap after sec schl grad then did a diploma certificate which qualified me for a direct entry to the University and then i deferred my UG admission till date,so i possibly can't input all these long stories or if so, how do i because i can't get a transcript for all these untill completion of my UG...do i just state sec schl and diploma certificate in my Study plan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Moley22:

Okay sir, i feel adding one or two sponsors might help and boost my financial qualifications so i don't appear as the strain on my parent's benefit to my other siblings.
Thanks for this detailed helpful response sir, I deeply appreciate your good work here sir, anymore suggestions will be welcomed sir, GOD bless you sir
Great idea too @bold.

And biko, leave all this sir thing, i'm a small boy oo.. Underage sef! grin

All the best dear!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
marvel4love:

Hello, what does your background check says?

We are processing your background check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
Lagos2canna:

Bro did you use address in Canada or Nigeria.

There wasn't an input of address in the form brother. You have to order the GCMS note by making payment first before you will be asked to input your SURNAME, GIVEN NAMES, File number, Date of birth and Email address. After which you will get a successful message "THANKS FOR ORDERING".

An attached pre-filled form will be sent to your email address you provided during registration. You have to fill the form, sign it, scan and send it to them. You will get a reply from them in 1 working day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Icandor:

Just got my medical call today.
Eligibility status is that we are still reviewing ur eligibility
when did you submit your application?was it online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Austinpee4:

Great idea too @bold.

And biko, leave all this sir thing, i'm a small boy oo.. Underage sef! grin

All the best dear!
Thanks for the response bro... I'm prolly the smallest here sef grin
May God bless you big much.... If i can pm you sef I'll appreciate or get your mail address to review my docs at your own will sir, thanks sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
orisuniye:
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

I would like to know how soon we can reapply.
Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?
How can we address all the concerns of the VO in our next application?

Please help us with any information related to this case.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the delay. Please how long did it take from the time you guys applied till you got this response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello good people must it a must to pay tuition fee before your study visa can be approved as an undergraduate that wants to study in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
Moley22:

Thanks for the response bro... I'm prolly the smallest here sef grin
May God bless you big much.... If i can pm you sef I'll appreciate or get your mail address to review my docs at your own will sir, thanks sir
God bless you too. Feel welcome to send me a PM. I'll be glad to help with the review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
onlead:
Thank you osemigho and magna,it's done,am invited for biometrics and I need know if it takes time cos I need plan my journey to be out of office without issue. What are things I need to go with and how do I go abt it.
Good bless u guys and very big congrats to osemigho...
Go with your Nigerian passport,also do two photocopy of bio data page and wit #470 naira .It depends on queue on ground just go to the security guys to obtain your black folder pay the #470 and at the back of the two pages of your bio data you will be directed to write your email address and your phone no.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Moley22:

Okay sir, i feel adding one or two sponsors might help and boost my financial qualifications so i don't appear as the strain on my parent's benefit to my other siblings.
Thanks for this detailed helpful response sir, I deeply appreciate your good work here sir, anymore suggestions will be welcomed sir, GOD bless you sir
That's my fear @Austinepee4, I don't want the vo to feel he is spending too much on himself and not thinking of his siblings.Using a sponsor (even if he will be the one to send most of the money to his uncle's account for the application process will help as he said his uncle is rich but financially trapped rite now )

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
onlead:
@magna thanks a lot,a very good friend of mine did it for me and I ve been invited for biometrics. Any further guide will be appreciated. Thanks
[‭0706 749 5048‬quote author=MagnaB post=58226422]

Use a dollar card to make payment or tell someone you know over there to help you make the payment while u send the money to the person via money gram or western union

Nothing for now. Just do your biometrics, pray, sit back and relax. All the best. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Moley22:

okay sir,one year gap after sec schl grad then did a diploma certificate which qualified me for a direct entry to the University and then i deferred my UG admission till date,so i possibly can't input all these long stories or if so, how do i because i can't get a transcript for all these untill completion of my UG...do i just state sec schl and diploma certificate in my Study plan?
u don't need transcript from ur diploma course, 1 year after Seco day school isn't bad. But when did u get direct entry admission? the duration of it to when u got ur canada admission will have to be explained if it's much but if it's jot just tell the vo u deferred ur direct entry cos u wanted to study in Canada and since then u have been helping ur uncle in his business just to keep u busy while u wait for ur canada admission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
mcobex:
That's my fear @Austinepee4, I don't want the vo to feel he is spending too much on himself and not thinking of his siblings.Using a sponsor (even if he will be the one to send most of the money to his uncle's account for the application process will help as he said his uncle is rich but financially trapped rite now )
I agree with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you so much brother. I hope to hear from them. GTB master card is a good one and I recommend it for anyone seeking for a GCMS note to use them.

Glad you were able to sort it out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
raptorakhigbe:
hello everyone I got my passport today and my visa was refused,it was accompanied with a letter from Cic that spelt out the reason for refusal
first is I don't have proof of sufficient funds,my dad is my sponsor n he included a statement of account of 5million monthly income

second is I didn't satisfy them that I will leave after my school

travel history
purpose of visit..

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO REAPPLY FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE? IS THERE STILL TIME?

Not at all
Its late
If your course has a January start..go for it
Sorry about the refusal.. Don't give up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Moley22(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
mcobex:
u don't need transcript from ur diploma course, 1 year after Seco day school isn't bad. But when did u get direct entry admission? the duration of it to when u got ur canada admission will have to be explained if it's much but if it's jot just tell the vo u deferred ur direct entry cos u wanted to study in Canada and since then u have been helping ur uncle in his business just to keep u busy while u wait for ur canada admission
Thanks for your help, actually meant to be in 3rd year by September... Finished schl 2014
My uncle works in a govt organization
My intended co-sponsor works in a bank.
Can i draft in my study plan that I've been engaging in vocational activities like french language learning and computer training after completing my diploma program even if na lie... Me stating i deferred admission to restart wudnt it be a red flag? Thanks for your steady swift response sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Solomon198ss(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
AMEN.......
Sugaro:
Hmmm,
Dear VO(s), it has come to our notice that online applicants are scarcely being attended to, receive the fire to approve our applications now in Jesus name Amen.
May our applications mk a swift jump from background check to approval Amen.
We are joyously waiting for the approval because it must come as lines are falling unto us in Pleasant places.
May this forum be filled with testimonies from everyone waiting cos our blessings and testimonies are long overdue Amen.
See u in canny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
Sugaro:
Hmmm,
Dear VO(s), it has come to our notice that online applicants are scarcely being attended to, receive the fire to approve our applications now in Jesus name Amen.
May our applications mk a swift jump from background check to approval Amen.
We are joyously waiting for the approval because it must come as lines are falling unto us in Pleasant places.
May this forum be filled with testimonies from everyone waiting cos our blessings and testimonies are long overdue Amen.
See u in canny
Amen oo
Amen!!..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by debris: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
Can sponsor shares do for statement of acct?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
Moley22:

Thanks for your help, actually meant to be in 3rd year by September... Finished schl 2014
My uncle works in a govt organization
My intended co-sponsor works in a bank.
Can i draft in my study plan that I've been engaging in vocational activities like french language learning and computer training after completing my diploma program even if na lie... Me stating i deferred admission to restart wudnt it be a red flag? Thanks for your steady swift response sir
Are those vocational activities related to ur intended program? also if u want to state that u might have to show proof (like the certs u got for them). @Austinepee4 what do u have to say to this bro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Icandor: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
amnotapervert:
when did you apply please..??

24th April
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I don't know about Canada, might be interesting to look into it. I know in the United States too while it is not possible to apply for a student visa from within the U.S., it is possible however, that if one came to the United States with a visiting visa, to change that status into a student visa all within the United States without leaving the country.

@jnyuwa02, I didn't know this is an option in the US, could you shed more light on this from experience please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2017
Icandor:

24th April
u r almost there. God be praised

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by imoriafe: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
thanks alot. again. my job function is general operations, cash n teller, treating intra-bank transfers, but they are at the basic IT related stuffs. so i want to move to the IT session and i need an IT background.been working for 3 yrs plus.though at first as a marketer then moved to operations.

Austinpee4:

What is actually your job role in the bank you work?

If it's IT related, then you have a chance. You only need to prove to them that your next position/role as an IT expert will require advanced knowledge and skills hence your intent of obtaining an advance degree to further hone your skill set.

Your uncle will have to give you the funds for your program and living expenses for the first year and also swear an affidavit of support so you are covered for the second year. He will also state why he decided to expend the huge funds for your study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Damolux01(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
sthillz:

Not at all
Its late
If your course has a January start..go for it
Sorry about the refusal.. Don't give up
Please any way to check where and when to apply for January intake?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Thanks for the info @poesy am very much familiar with offcampus listings, I check it on a daily basis just to have an idea of wht i want bt I wont advice you go for wht those guys posted online, I have a friend currently studying in uwo who confirmed that those listings are not real, the pictures you are seeing are not real, most of them are edited pics.it is much more good and safe to get dia and see wht you want to pay for. Even beneath this page, there is a disclaimer clause that reads "the listings on this website have not been inspected by western nor confirm the accuracy of the information provided.it is therefore not recommended or endorsed by uwo. The school further adviced that "do not rent a place sight unseen.(you can read more on the page). Please beware! 419z are everywhr even in canny my bro was once a victim. Exclusive rentals is still the best housing agent in canny, their services is quite impressive. May God help us all

poesy:

Ayoola, and other UWOs, check out this website for off-campus accommodation http://offcampus.uwo.ca/listings/
Also, the school has a service that can help you out and even inspect the houses on your behalf Email them: ocha@has.uwo.ca preferably with your school email.

I would add that the proximity of your department will influence your choice of accommodation.
Thanks to Google maps, you can confirm the walking distance, bus routes and location of other services nearby.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by manlikegb: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
PureRuby:

I made 3.3/7 at university of Ibadan.

@PureRuby, Did you mean 3.3/5 or you're correct with 3.3/7 from UI. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 9:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ayoola03:
Thanks for the info @poesy am very much familiar with offcampus listings, I check it on a daily basis just to have an idea of wht i want bt I wont advice you go for wht those guys posted online, I have a friend currently studying in uwo who confirmed that those listings are not real, the pictures you are seeing are not real, most of them are edited pics.it is much more good and safe to get dia and see wht you want to pay for. Even beneath this page, there is a disclaimer clause that reads "the listings on this website have not been inspected by western nor confirm the accuracy of the information provided.it is therefore not recommended or endorsed by uwo. The school further adviced that "do not rent a place sight unseen.(you can read more on the page). Please beware! 419z are everywhr even in canny my bro was once a victim. Exclusive rentals is still the best housing agent in canny, their services is quite impressive. May God help us all

Eye opening Kam... Any links for exclusive rentals engineer??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yomalicious:

Post graduate diploma Integrated Aviation Management
Cgpa 4.2/5

Such a cool course!!!....wish you the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Got a medical request mail today.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yomalicious:

What was you job description in the tax cosultancy office.
Where you legal
Where you in operations or maybe accounting dept

Sorry about the denial.

Cheers
She was/is a tax consultant. She is not Legal neither is she in operations or accounting department.

She is a tax consultant

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.