Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881502 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Congratulations in advance
ibbravura:
Got a medical request mail today.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
How were you able to resolve this?
ibbravura:
Hello house. Afternoon.
Pls i applied using paper route for trv since last week Thursday. And i was given tracking ID. Have been trying to track and connect it to online linking. But its not working. And it keeps showing no record for this reference number.
Dunno what to do next o. I Just hope i wont miss any update regarding my application.
Pls i will appreciate your help house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
ibbravura:
Got a medical request mail today.
Thank God for the good news, try and do it 2moro if possible so u can get ur approval mail fast

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
@Arcayo, I sight you Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by frank2075: 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
In Micheal Jackson's voice....You Are Not Alone
I am here wit u grin
..mine may 4th but is study visa

This people can waste time!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
frank2075:

In Micheal Jackson's voice....You Are Not Alone
I am here wit u grin
..mine may 4th but is study visa

This people can waste time!!!!
Lol...it must surely end in praise .amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sarang(f): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Please does anyone know anything about Red deer college in Alberta??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
mcobex:
Are those vocational activities related to ur intended program? also if u want to state that u might have to show proof (like the certs u got for them). @Austinepee4 what do u have to say to this bro?
Well, if the vocational activities can explain the study gap and ATLEAST show relativity to intended program just as you mentioned, it will be good. The more the study gap explanation/ proof of the vocational activity tilt towards intended program, the better the chance.

So i'm with you bro on this one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
Austinpee4:

Well, if the vocational activities can explain the study gap and ATLEAST show relativity to intended program just as you mentioned, it will be good. The more the study gap explanation/ proof of the vocational activity tilt towards intended program, the better the chance.

So i'm with you bro on this one.
Ok bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
imoriafe:
thanks alot. again. my job function is general operations, cash n teller, treating intra-bank transfers, but they are at the basic IT related stuffs. so i want to move to the IT session and i need an IT background.been working for 3 yrs plus.though at first as a marketer then moved to operations.

Emmm.. A career switch at this point may have to follow evidences of some activity prior to such switch.It will have to be in evidential form( trainings, conferences, work, research) to substantiate and justify such switch.

This is because both your academic and work experience is not IT related so no stand point would be established to compel a field change. From what we see often here, such career change usually don't fly even with a well written SOP.

So i'll advice you get some activity in IT for atleast a year (an intense activity)which will have pointers that a master degree will significantly advance you in your new found field of endeavour. Other than this, you may want to pursue higher degree in what you have extensive work in and in this case, your current job in the bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
willyboss:
How were you able to resolve this?
I linked it using ucl and application number.
I got notified by cic for additional document.
So. In the letter contained my UCI and Application No.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
ibbravura:

Men! Ur Trv Don land oo. Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrDandy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
Austinpee4:

Great idea too @bold.

And biko, leave all this sir thing, i'm a small boy oo.. Underage sef! grin

All the best dear!

Lol.. that's so funny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by FaithAlive: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2017
Pls any testimony for the trv online routers?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2017
Frankrobbn1:
hello Austinpee4, I used my GTB master card to order for my GCMS note.

please have u heard any negative words about www.gcmsnow.com? because a fellow told me he has used it before but it ended up that the website didn't send any GCMS note.
At what rate did GTB Charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nwakire29(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2017
please guys help. Is it possible to open a canadian bank account in Nigeria here before travelling. Secondly will i have to get canadian dollars here in Nigeria, before travelling. If so where can i get canadian dollars here in lagos and at what rate do they sell. Do banks sell canadian dollars.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PureRuby: 1:50am On Jul 11, 2017
Nwakire29:
please guys help. Is it possible to open a canadian bank account in Nigeria here before travelling. Secondly will i have to get canadian dollars here in Nigeria, before travelling. If so where can i get canadian dollars here in lagos and at what rate do they sell. Do banks sell canadian dollars.

Yes, you can open a Canadian account before travelling.
Rbc, bank of Montreal etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:00am On Jul 11, 2017
For everyone, Limit on GTB naira MasterCard had been increased to $1,000 from $100. Your GTB naira MasterCard can pay for any Canada application now. You don't need a domiciliary account or anybody's help to pay. Just use your GTB naira MasterCard.

For those traveling and know nothing called PTA, do you know you can buy dollar at CBN rate at your bank? It is called Personal Travel Allowance (PTA). Walk into your bank for more info. Yesterday, I confirmed GTB rate to be 360/$, with a maximum of $4000. Also for GTB, you'll need to apply, with your visa and ticket, atleast 2 wks ahead of your travel date.

To the visa applicants, have faith and declare when you start doubting.

Enjoy guys.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mamacajah: 3:26am On Jul 11, 2017
Hello @gurus, please I need help proof reading my MBA SOP. thanks for the assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 3:47am On Jul 11, 2017
ibbravura:

please bro, what was the additional document requested by cic?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ibbravura: 4:40am On Jul 11, 2017
IFY200:

please bro, what was the additional document requested by cic?
I initially got conditional letter from Dalhousie university. Upon submitting my graduate level English test score.
So. I was asked by cic to get unconditional offer letter.
So. I requested for English test score waiver. Its made known that countries whose official langiage is English language do not need English proficiency test.
Well. Some university still asked for it sha. Regardless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 6:15am On Jul 11, 2017
DereI:
This week is gonna be filled with goodnews....I can feel it...... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

I $8000 CAD for my tuition ooooo
HELPERS pls where are thou?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2017
Osemigho:
For everyone, Limit on GTB naira MasterCard had been increased to $1,000 from $100. Your GTB naira MasterCard can pay for any Canada application now. You don't need a domiciliary account or anybody's help to pay. Just use your GTB naira MasterCard.

For those traveling and know nothing called PTA, do you know you can buy dollar at CBN rate at your bank? It is called Personal Travel Allowance (PTA). Walk into your bank for more info. Yesterday, I confirmed GTB rate to be 360/$, with a maximum of $4000. Also for GTB, you'll need to apply, with your visa and ticket, atleast 2 wks ahead of your travel date.

To the visa applicants, have faith and declare when you start doubting.

Enjoy guys.

Yes, you can get PTA, and the rate is the same across every bank, there's nothing like GTB rate, it's the CBN rate, which all banks conform to.
However, there's a caveat to it, PTA is given only on return ticket.
You can confirm from any bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 11, 2017
Ayoola03:
Thanks for the info @poesy am very much familiar with offcampus listings, I check it on a daily basis just to have an idea of wht i want bt I wont advice you go for wht those guys posted online, I have a friend currently studying in uwo who confirmed that those listings are not real, the pictures you are seeing are not real, most of them are edited pics.it is much more good and safe to get dia and see wht you want to pay for. Even beneath this page, there is a disclaimer clause that reads "the listings on this website have not been inspected by western nor confirm the accuracy of the information provided.it is therefore not recommended or endorsed by uwo. The school further adviced that "do not rent a place sight unseen.(you can read more on the page). Please beware! 419z are everywhr even in canny my bro was once a victim. Exclusive rentals is still the best housing agent in canny, their services is quite impressive. May God help us all

Hello, @Ayoola03. I get your point and I agree that caution is required. However, like I said, the school has a service that will inspect on your behalf once you email them.

Also, the landlords' contact information are also available. You can ask them questions, request for more pictures and some even do a Skype tour for you.

I believe the private companies like Exclusive Rentals and London Property Corp are more likely to use one listing as the selling point for all their property (which may be why the pictures don't correspond to reality); For this reason, I'm leaning towards the landlords who are already staff or students of the school. The latter tend to be your future roommates and from your interaction, you can gauge the kind of people you'll be living with.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2017
Processing time now 16 weeks. Lord have mercy. Is that why IRCC hasn't replied the online applications for months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by toludadon(m): 6:58am On Jul 11, 2017
masciano77:

It says we are reviewing your eligibility
What exactly do they check for during eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2017
@bolded. How true is that assertion? I was not told that at First Bank. Please let's all confirm and report back to the house

Cc: Osemigho, CanadianNurse, et al
debbiejosh:

Yes, you can get PTA, and the rate is the same across every bank, there's nothing like GTB rate, it's the CBN rate, which all banks conform to.
However, there's a caveat to it, PTA is given only on return ticket.
You can confirm from any bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 7:35am On Jul 11, 2017
Markab:
@bolded. How true is that assertion? I was not told that at First Bank. Please let's all confirm and report back to the house

Cc: Osemigho, CanadianNurse, et al

No PTA for one-way ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ekesbaba1(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Good morning house.

I have sent an application to Memorial university, throughout the admin checklist I filled, I didn't see any option to upload my transcript and other supporting documents.

Is the application ok that way? Or should I send the transcript and other documents via mail attachment to them?

Am also having issues with the payment for admin processing(120 USD). My Zenith and UBA master card failed. I 've opened an account with GTB, still waiting for my card though.

An urgent and well informed advice is needed abeg.
The documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2017
This news just weighed me down completely cry

Yomalicious:

No PTA for one-way ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by blanktee(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Hi house, I'm new here. Been applying for admissions for over 2 years now but never got any. Even had to pay an agent to help get admission in Canada and still nothing came up. I missed out on the NDDC scholarship this year because I have not secured an admission (pained me to mu bones). Have been contacting some schools in Canada but I keep getting the same story, that funding is low and admissions are tight. Please I need some directions to help me secure an admission really soon. Thanks alot and God bless for your contributions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.