Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881349 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Senatonato. ...I was not able to read your P.M
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Hello my MUN brother, For your notice, memorial university don't accept scanned or mailed transcripts. Every supporting documents must be officially sent to the Registrar office through courier by the authorized body. It must be sealed and kept in closed Envelope.

As for the credit cards you mentioned above, GTB master card has a limit of 100$ per month and you are making payment of 120$. So you can see it doesn't fly.

It will be better if you use a dollar account to make your payment or better still ask anyone here to help you make payment.

please if I may ask you, Are you going for undergraduate program or postgraduate studies?
GTB monthly limit is now $1000, it was announced yesterday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adunni222:

Hello,
I see that a lot of people get their biometrics done.I didn't do biometrics even though I applied online, I am curious if CIC request for it or you just have to do it regardless. Please help.
since u applied online just be checking ur account and cic will invite u for biometrics

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
DelzyB:
Pls house a very quick one. Was denied visa but currently applying to another school, pls should I revel to d sch that I've been denied visa b4 or I shd keep that till when I'm applying for visa. Thanks all
You new school doesn't have to know, it is when u want to apply for visa that u will now tell the visa officer that u have been denied visa b4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by senatonato(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ooh OK..I got urs..are u going to Regina?
bbclue:
Senatonato. ...I was not able to read your P.M
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by careerwoman(f): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
valenti12:
GTB monthly limit is now $1000, it was announced yesterday
wow!! great news.. at what exchange rate though??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adeola012: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
pweetiesuzie:
Good day house, pls help
pls i am filling the imm form(application for study permit made outside of Canada) and i do not know what to fill in the sections below :

-Tuition (tuition for the two years is cad $28,000)
-room and board (don't know what to fill under this)
-others (should i fill in the living expenses of cad $10,000 for one year as requested by IRCC)

Hi, we're u able to get admission into University Canada West? Please reach me on mail2dams@gmail.com
Want to ask u some things about the school.
Thanks

funds available for my stay (can i put cad$40,000)

Thank you for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:
Original passport request this morning!
Join me thank God o

Online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adunni222: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
mcobex:
since u applied online just be checking ur account and cic will invite u for biometrics
Thank you so much..I applied on July 2nd and no call for biometrics yet. I am aware is still early. However, I see people get their biometrics done as early as a day after submission. Also it says background check not applicable (what does this mean).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
senatonato:
Ooh OK..I got urs..are u going to Regina?
YES. .....and you. .....drop your contact. ..bbclue@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
careerwoman:

wow!! great news.. at what exchange rate though??
Frankrobbn1:

for those that have used http://gcmsnow.com/ before to order for his/her GCMS note?

I used my GTB master card and it went through,they charged me 23USD - 8357k.

I was asked to fill the form attached to my mail and send it back to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ekesbaba1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

You welcome bro. Please GTB master card is now $1000 monthly, so I think you should go ahead and get a master card from them for international transactions.

Well, by the grace of God we will all be there. I'm still a TRV aspirant for now.

Bro,
This is my whatsapp number 08169321932
Add it, lets talk.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Please gurus in the house i need to get some info right. I read somewhere in the CIC website that international students with some kinds of funding/ scholarship from Canada will not qualify for Post Graduation Work Permit. Is this true? What do you know about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

But truth also be spoken, I have never seen anyone with a full scholarship turned down for a TRV. Or has anyone seen? Means that there is hope for me then. Mighty congrats mighty man of varlor, I have gone ahead and pm'ed you! Why did you need to submit an affidavit of support pledging 20k Canadian towards your studies if you have full scholarship already?

I can't reply pm's no longer have access to the email I opened this account on, just decided to include the 20k for miscellaneous expenses. No such thing as too much money lol....

wealth360:
Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest UNIBENITE . I hail you sir. Oba etopeye ...eseeeee. congrats baba
Thanks broda lol

valenti12:

Pls bros, did you send them your biometrics or you went to VAC to do it?

Yes, I did my biometrics at VFS global Abuja

forumlove:

Online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DelzyB: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
mcobex:
You new school doesn't have to know, it is when u want to apply for visa that u will now tell the visa officer that u have been denied visa b4
Thanks bro..I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

I can't reply pm's no longer have access to the email I opened this account on, just decided to include the 20k for miscellaneous expenses. No such thing as too much money lol....

Thanks broda lol

Yes, I did my biometrics at VFS global Abuja

I think this guy wanted to know whether you went ahead and did your biometrics by yourself and submitted it even before they requested it? Seems like we have a lot in common bro that is why I wanted to pm you. Do you have another email you use? If I get you correctly, you didn't submit any SOP, no transcripts, no landed documents or marital status and children responsibility shown to induce your return to Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adunni222: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
forumlove:
Please gurus in the house i need to get some info right. I read somewhere in the CIC website that international students with some kinds of funding/ scholarship from Canada will not qualify for Post Graduation Work Permit. Is this true? What do you know about this?

That applies to only Canadian government sponsored international students. Like the commonwealth scholarship for Canada. So it's not not all scholarships/funding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
dapoddon:
I think it's at the discretion of the department to grant the UMGF. My department for instance doesn't require any special application for the UMGF asides ur application for admission. So I believe it's automatic once your profile is a perfect fit. My deadline was also January. What dept did you apply to?

Yes this true, I filled a separate application for the UMGF, but this was a departmental request, once it was successful, my department sent a recommendation to the faculty of graduate studies before it was confirmed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I think this guy wanted to know whether you went ahead and did your biometrics by yourself and submitted it even before they requested it? Seems like we have a lot in common bro that is why I wanted to pm you. Do you have another email you use? If I get you correctly, you didn't submit any SOP, no transcripts, no landed documents or marital status and children responsibility shown to induce your return to Nigeria?

Oh okay, none of the above bro lol
Send ur email address, I'll mail u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
forumlove:

This sounds outrightly false. Where is the link to the CIC site you are quoting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adunni222: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

This sounds outrightly false. Where is the link to the CIC site you are quoting?

My dear, that applies to only Canadian government sponsored international students. Like the commonwealth scholarship for Canada. So it's not not all scholarships/funding.
For example, MasterCard foundation scholars qualify for post graduate work permit.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Oh okay, none of the above bro lol
Send ur email address, I'll mail u

This is pretty amazing and nothing short of a miracle. I have no kids or wife too, but have a landed property to enclose belonging to my mother. Including my full funding, I also have $25k US dollars in my bank account in the U.S. to support my application. I am just a little scared on the whole inducement thing, but have no trouble with funding issue. I haven't lived in Nigeria for donkey years and already leaving again. I hope I meet the same kind of miracle you met in the matchless name of Jesus. I am close to Abuja too and will be doing processing there. Hoping to get a few contacts of the hospital and biometrics place you went. My email is jnyuwa02@gmail.com.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by senatonato(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yes oo...I have..I have mailed you
bbclue:

YES. .....and you. .....drop your contact. ..bbclue@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good day All
Anyone applying to SaskPoly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
You are right. It is technically possible to switch from a visiting to a student visa.
I however don't believe that it's recommended for Nigerian applicants to do so.

Last year I read three GCMS notes of Nigerian applicants who tried this and the consistent observation by the CIC Los Angeles Office was that those applicants lied about their purpose of visit to Canada when they applied for the visiting visa in Nigeria. The applications were denied. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to change status from visiting to student -- it is -- but it would be very difficult for a Nigerian applicant (a country whose applicants are known to overstay visas or try to switch visas in order to not go back home) to convince the VO why s/he is not willing to go back home to do so.

I also agree with you that it is possible to switch from visiting to student while in the US. About a decade ago USCIS used to approve many of these applications but now it is extremely difficult to be successful at doing so particularly for applicants from countries known to overstay their visit visa or known to get a visit visa and find ways to convert it (e.g. Nigerians) while in the US.

There are exceptions of course, and no two applicants are the same. Yet I wouldn't recommend for a Nigerian with a visit visa to Canada attempt to do a risky change to student status in Canada. Once denied, the probability of getting the student visa in Nigeria/Ghana diminishes (the Accra/Lagos VO now knows that you are the kind of person that went to Canada on the premise of a visit visa but once in Canada changed your purpose of visit).
cc: Yomalicious, Canadiannurse
jnyuwa02:
So there had been back and forth here with no resolution on whether it's possible to get a student status while visiting Canada without having to return back to Nigeria and apply for a TRV. Yes it's possible.

1. By applying while in Canada to change your status to that of a student if you belong to the listed class of visiting visa and temporary residents as enumerated in this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

2. Apply for TRV online while in Canada by sending application to the CIC office in Los Angeles, California.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Uzee24: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Amen bro, it shall end in praise for all us

Please note I didn't submit a lot of documents,

Submitted may 15th, online route, biometrics completed may 18th, medical request July 3rd, medicals completed, July 7th, passport request July 11th.
: Bsc first class University of Benin, 2015
Admission letter msc university of Manitoba, with full funding of 18,000 cad per year for 2 years
UMGF award, showing scholarship of 28,000 Cad for 2 years
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor with sponsors statement of account showing 93 million on deposit and affidavit of support of 20,000 cad for my studies
Nysc discharge certificate

Join me praise God, first time I came here, I was really scared cuz I didn't upload a lot of documents, and it seemed the normal trend was to do so, this just feels like a miracle

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by fiendishghoul: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

This is pretty amazing and nothing short of a miracle. I have no kids or wife too, but have a landed property to enclose belonging to my mother. Including my full funding, I have $25k US dollars in my bank account in the U.S. to support my application. I am just a little scared on the whole inducement thing, but have no trouble with funding issue. I haven't lived in Nigeria for donkey years and already leaving again. I hope I meet the same kind of miracle you met in the matchless name of Jesus. I am close to Abuja too and will be doing processing there. Hoping to get a few contacts of the hospital and biometrics place you went. My email is jnyuwa02@gmail.com.

Amen bro, I'll be praying for u...if you're that scared of home ties maybe you should include a convincing Sop, you'll get it IJN
I'll send you a mail soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
thesoj:
You are right. It is technically possible.
I however don't believe that it's recommended for Nigerian applicants to do so.

Last year I read three GCMS notes of Nigerian applicants who did this and the consistent observation by the CIC Los Angeles Office was that those applicants lied about their purpose of visit to Canada when they applied for the visiting visa in Nigeria. I'm not saying that it isn't possible to change status from visiting to student -- it is -- but it would be very difficult for a Nigerian applicant (a country whose applicants are known to overstay visas or try to switch visas in order to not go back home) to convince the VO why s/he is not willing to go back home to do so.

I also agree with you that it is possible to switch from visiting to student while in the US. About a decade ago USCIS used to approve many of these applications but now it is extremely difficult to be successful at doing so particularly for applicants from countries known to overstay their visit visa or known to get a visit visa and find ways to convert it (e.g. Nigerians) while in the US.

There are exceptions of course, and no two applicants are the same. Yet I wouldn't recommend for a Nigerian with a visit visa to Canada attempt to do a risky change to student status in Canada. Once denied, the probability of getting the student visa in Nigeria/Ghana diminishes (the Accra/Lagos VO now knows that you are the kind of person that went to Canada on the premise of a visit visa but once in Canada changed your purpose of visit).
cc: Yomalicious, Canadiannurse

I think somebody asked me my experience on changing visitor visa to student visa in the U.S. I have been trying to respond to their message on this site but to no avail. You would be surprised how easy it is. All that is really needed is a valid acceptance to a college, a completed form I-20 from the college, a bank statement showing your ability to cover funding. And of course filling out the USCIS form of extending or changing status while in the U.S. It's a heck easier than getting a U. S. Student visa from Nigeria that is for sure. How do I know this? My job in the U.S. was that of an accredited immigration practitioner helping immigrants with all kinds of paperwork and representation running the gamut of a universe of immigration relief. I have done countless adjustment of status in the U.S., many successful, some not. The ones rejected are always because someone overstayed their welcome. That said, I agree with you that the laws have stiffened in the last decade making the hurdle a lot stiffer now to clear. These adjustments use to be a streamlined process of filing and getting them approved definitely. Now you have to show so much and even be interviewed and write statements and justify all kinds of stuff. No there is no scapegoating of Nigerians by immigration once inside the U.S. Everyone meets the same hurdle. Nigerian have no propensity of overstaying their welcome any other than let's say Moldovans.

Concerning Canada, I have very little knowledge other than what I am discovering here and learning online. I am finding though that the laws and practices and policies of both countries are almost a replica of each other. If I had a visiting visa to Canada, would I go to Canada and apply for my TRV rather than do it in Nigeria? Absolutely! Outside Nigeria, these things get easier in my opinion. Sounds like these embassies in Nigeria are just cracking down on people, the stories I hear are horrendous. But I won't blame them too much. The bad eggs made everything difficult for everyone. That is the heavy hands we have been dealt with, gotta roll with the punches. Thanks TheSoj. You are a breathe of fresh air.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adunni222:

Thank you so much..I applied on July 2nd and no call for biometrics yet. I am aware is still early. However, I see people get their biometrics done as early as a day after submission. Also it says background check not applicable (what does this mean).

They are still processing ur application, don't worry u will soon get a mail asking u to go for ur biometric. Just be checking ur cic account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Amen bro, it shall end in praise for all us

Please note I didn't submit a lot of documents,

Submitted may 15th, online route, biometrics completed may 18th, medical request July 3rd, medicals completed, July 7th, passport request July 11th.
: Bsc first class University of Benin, 2015
Admission letter msc university of Manitoba, with full funding of 18,000 cad per year for 2 years
UMGF award, showing scholarship of 28,000 Cad for 2 years
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor with sponsors statement of account showing 93 million on deposit and affidavit of support of 20,000 cad for my studies
Nysc discharge certificate

Join me praise God, first time I came here, I was really scared cuz I didn't upload a lot of documents, and it seemed the normal trend was to do so, this just feels like a miracle

Please send me your phone number or email address i will like to ask you a few questions regarding the procedures for online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello GURUS in the house.... please where do online applicants upload their police character certificate while applying online??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

Please, let me ask. Did your friend apply in the US with an online application or submitted a paper application in LA?

Online application. Was called for biometrics and done. Updated profile: Biometrics completed

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.