Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877040 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Amen bro, it shall end in praise for all us

Please note I didn't submit a lot of documents,

Submitted may 15th, online route, biometrics completed may 18th, medical request July 3rd, medicals completed, July 7th, passport request July 11th.
: Bsc first class University of Benin, 2015
Admission letter msc university of Manitoba, with full funding of 18,000 cad per year for 2 years
UMGF award, showing scholarship of 28,000 Cad for 2 years
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor with sponsors statement of account showing 93 million on deposit and affidavit of support of 20,000 cad for my studies
Nysc discharge certificate

Join me praise God, first time I came here, I was really scared cuz I didn't upload a lot of documents, and it seemed the normal trend was to do so, this just feels like a miracle
Greatest of the Greatest of the Greatest UNIBENITE . I hail you sir. Oba etopeye ...eseeeee. congrats baba

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yomalicious:

You must have a return ticket to get PTA. Before I commented I MUST have been sure.
This is not true tho, present to them your study visa, one way ticket and admission letter and you get your $4,000 at $1/N360
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
marvel4love:

I seriously feel your pain, The wait is something else since last year. Don't worry God will come through for you, keep believing
AMEN its too long bro. God will work for you bro? I mean @ Abioundune
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thank you for remembering. I had put my two and two already and decided against Cameroun about two weeks ago. I will be applying from the comforts of my home here in the Plateau of Nigeria. My school said if visa is delayed, I can come latest November and be fine. Care for me to ask, could your friend be under a final order of removal in the United States? Meaning does he have valid visa? Because if you are under a final order, they make you leave and apply abroad. Please check with him/her.
I was really hoping you will apply from Cameroon so we can learn something new (prolly a short cut to getting study visa). Anyways all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Jahluv:

Hello,

I personally submitted my transcript in a mail document to the graduate school and it was accepted. I also uploaded all the application documents on their application system.

Thanks

Hi, I'm talking out of my experience last year I applied for admission, it might be that things have changed.

Thanks for this information which you provided.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
Please how does the Personal Travel Allowance work? In details. Please explain it to me like you would a 12 year old.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by valenti12(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
fiendishghoul:

Submitted may 15th, online route, biometrics completed may 18th
Pls bros, did you send them your biometrics or you went to VAC to do it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
toludadon:

GTB mastercard now have a monthly limit of $1000. So you can now basically pay for all your Canadian applications including visa fee if you are yet to exceed the monthly $1000

Waoo That's nice. GTB master card all the way. it will end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

If I catch you eehn Austin Pee, you are in trouble. You have confessed already to be an underage boy. I envisioned you prior as guru who had passed on to the new world and Western Hemisphere already, dispensing his wisdom from the hallowed heights of Canada.

Truth be spoken oh, going by your chats you first took the stand that it was impossible to apply from Canada, before surreptitiously changing your mind and giving some exception ( not the complete list of exception) of those that could apply.

More grace!

Lol! All these old 'men' of Buhari era! Smh!

I can't start engaging you in who said what and not, no strength! . Na your area of specialization be this and you have a special calling! grin

Anyway, hope you've applied for your study permit already.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thank you for remembering. I had put my two and two already and decided against Cameroun about two weeks ago. I will be applying from the comforts of my home here in the Plateau of Nigeria. My school said if visa is delayed, I can come latest November and be fine. Care for me to ask, could your friend be under a final order of removal in the United States? Meaning does he have valid visa? Because if you are under a final order, they make you leave and apply abroad. Please check with him/her.

She has a valid Visit visa in the US and have not stayed beyond the 6months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
sundaydammy:
Good day everyone pls i asked for my GCMS and i was given a reference number pls what will i use it for?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
likeababygirl:

I was really hoping you will apply from Cameroon so we can learn something new (prolly a short cut to getting study visa). Anyways all the best.

I refuse to be your sacrificial lamb and lab rat. Lol. You never know. I may be too anxious to resume and go to Cameroun. If I do, I will let you know. The ambassador of Cameroun got back to me yesterday and said that there is no visa to Cameroun for 90 days but if I want a visa more than 90 days, I have to send him my reason of visit to Cameroun with paperwork and they send it to Cameroun for approval before giving me the visa. Cameroun is looking unlikely. Austin Pee, whatcha say? Who will go for us?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Frankrobbn1: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ekesbaba1:

Postgraduate bro...
Thanks for the info.
Are you schooling there already?

You welcome bro. Please GTB master card is now $1000 monthly, so I think you should go ahead and get a master card from them for international transactions.

Well, by the grace of God we will all be there. I'm still a TRV aspirant for now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by PendD: 12:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
My dear, they have a system. We don't.
toludadon:

If a school has deemed it fit enough to give you an admission, what exactly is the cic's own about your academic eligibility again? They have a point on financial eligibility though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
To fulfill all righteousness, if it will be convenient for you to show 100% proof of living expenses please do,it doesn't implies you are disregarding your funding, it is always good to assure the VOs that one is capable to take on the expenses that may arise if at all the source of funding fails along the line (especially for msc funding) by presenting a sufficient SOA to back up the application. @fiendishghoal, despite the fact that he is on a full funding, he still presented a SOA of 93M .My brother, never leave all stones unturned, don't give this people any reason to delay you this time around,put in your optimum and leav the rest to God. About the the tuition fee, the VOs understand the fact that not all schools accept tuition fees before registration(except for the ones they just employed like the one that handled my app. Lol). I think letter of assurance from your bank should sort that out. Over to Other gurus in the house smiley

My opinion

Idowu3080:
Hello house,

Please i would like to ask a question. If a funding is received that covered 50% of the livingcost can someone show the remaining 50% or still 100% should be shown n one should disregard the funding.

Also, what of schools that do not accept tuition until after registration for a semester. What could bef done. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Idowu3080(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello house,

Please i would like to ask a question. If a funding is received that covered 50% of the livingcost can someone show the remaining 50% or still 100% should be shown n one should disregard the funding.

Also, what of schools that do not accept tuition until after registration for a semester. What could bef done. Thanks.

Please house, respond to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I refuse to be your sacrificial lamb and lab rat. Lol. You never know. I may be too anxious to resume and go to Cameroun. If I do, I will let you know. The ambassador of Cameroun got back to me yesterday and said that there is no visa to Cameroun for 90 days but if I want a visa more than 90 days, I have to send him my reason of visit to Cameroun with paperwork and they send it to Cameroun for approval before giving me the visa. Cameroun is looking unlikely. Austin Pee, whatcha say? Who will go for us?
I have nothin to say o! I have my TRV already! Was looking forward too to that trip so dat upon return, you fit come dey teach us french here! grin even without your TRV! wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
DereI:

She has a valid Visit visa in the US and have not stayed beyond the 6months

This is really interesting. I guess she is visiting that is why. If she had a student visa, might have been different. Or if she was applying from Canada with a visiting visa. The law allows all visitors to Canada to apply in Los Angeles. And the brute fact is the Canadian high commissions across the world seem to apply the rule somewhat arbitrary. Another Canadian embassy from around the world may choose to allow a Nigerian visiting to apply for a visa there without sending to Accra. Another may not. That is to be expected when you are dealing with a beauracracy with enormous discretionary power.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Austinpee4:

I have nothin to say o! I have my TRV already! Was looking forward too to that trip so dat upon return, you fit come dey teach us french here! grin even without your TRV! wink

Or laughing French to your face with TRV in hand, feeling vindicated. Congrats! What school are you going and what program? You must have a full scholarship giving the subject of glorious odes of your mentioning around here. Sai Baba!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mr Yomi, please call your account officer if you have a GTBank account for this information. Stop the argument please

Yomalicious:

You must have a return ticket to get PTA. Before I commented I MUST have been sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
I think it's at the discretion of the department to grant the UMGF. My department for instance doesn't require any special application for the UMGF asides ur application for admission. So I believe it's automatic once your profile is a perfect fit. My deadline was also January. What dept did you apply to?
samjumbo:

I am actually surprised he the UMGF funding. During application, manitoba deceived me that it is an automatic process to be added to the funding list, I head that one can only apply for it around november-december, and that it is closed by January of each year. Sadly I just applied for admission at that time. Can you please sherd some light on this UMGF funding stuff boss please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adunni222: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
valenti12:

Pls bros, did you send them your biometrics or you went to VAC to do it?
Hello,
I see that a lot of people get their biometrics done.I didn't do biometrics even though I applied online, I am curious if CIC request for it or you just have to do it regardless. Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Oga dotun, please who introduced Basic Travel Allowance? My brother it's either PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) or BTA (Business Travel Allowance). Kindly re confirm and thank me later

dotuniyi1:

Hi Brother, its not PTA..... Correction BTA (Basic Travel Allowance). Thanks 1 love

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dotuniyi1: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Newman1010:
Oga dotun, please who introduced Basic Travel Allowance? My brother it's either PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) or BTA (Business Travel Allowance). Kindly re confirm and thank me later

LOL!!!!!! grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
DereI:
For those planning to apply for Study visa from other countries....

My friends who applied from the USA with a processing time of 5 weeks finally waited it out and contacted them via Request Form on CIC website.

She received a response stating that her application is being processed at the "Accra" office and therefore she should contact them and not the LA office.

So I guess they are still using the Nigerian 14weeks processing time for Nigerian applicants applying abroad.

Just thought I should share...

Goodluck to all of us.
Please, let me ask. Did your friend apply in the US with an online application or submitted a paper application in LA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Adunni222:

Hello,
I see that a lot of people get their biometrics done.I didn't do biometrics even though I applied online, I am curious if CIC request for it or you just have to do it regardless. Please help.

They request for it, you can't just go and do it. Sit down and comfy and enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Newman1010:
Mr Yomi, please call your account officer if you have a GTBank account for this information. Stop the argument please

Who is arguing here? Just said my own. You are at liberty to reject or accept simple.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Arcayo: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
willyboss:
@Arcayo, I sight you Sir
Yes boss.....am loyal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
dapoddon:
I think it's at the discretion of the department to grant the UMGF. My department for instance doesn't require any special application for the UMGF asides ur application for admission. So I believe it's automatic once your profile is a perfect fit. My deadline was also January. What dept did you apply to?
Medical Rehabilitation Science MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
samjumbo:

Processing time is 14week bro. Chill..

This is July 3. You better check again with another browser
Study permit

Nigeria

16 week(s) ?
Does not include transit time between the VAC and IRCC office.

Last update: July 10, 2017 Updated weekly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by glam4444: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
DeCrystal1:

This is July 3. You better check again with another browser
Study permit

Nigeria

16 week(s) ?
Does not include transit time between the VAC and IRCC office.

Last update: July 10, 2017 Updated weekly
Itz 16 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DelzyB: 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Pls house a very quick one. Was denied visa but currently applying to another school, pls should I revel to d sch that I've been denied visa b4 or I shd keep that till when I'm applying for visa. Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.