Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881619 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:09am On Mar 22, 2017
duduafri:

Here are my questions

1. Can a Married Masters student use a sponsor who is declaring amount to cover total tuition and living expenses without raising a red flag?
2. Can I use a sponsor with different surname from mine although we are cousins?
3. I intend to use another account to book my fixed deposit as i dont want to move huge funds into account i want to submit, is this okay considering the fact that they may want to know the source of the fund?
4.Is 4m not to small for my personal fund?
5. Do i need to write a letter to counter reasons ticked in the previous application?

I'll appreciate your honest feedback.

God bless.
Firstly, i'll advise you consider paying your full tuition fees before re-applying. #JustAnAdvise

Now to your questions:

1.Yes,anybody can use a sponsor who will be willing to expend funds for his/her study and NO, it won't raise any red flag provided you prove and show you have access to the funds.

2.Sure,you can. If you can't prove relationship with your cousin, let him/her swear to an affidavit of sponsorship.

3.Fixed deposit is fixed deposit and a one time source or prove of funds.You can show prove of the FD without transfering it to any other account..You only need to prove that it will become available to you and when.

4. If it's personal funds for a year, it should be enough as long as the equivalent in CAD amount to atleast 10,000 CAD as required by CIC for a year.

5. If you feel it is necessary, you can briefly write about how you have been able to tackle the previous refusal reasons. They still will find out from their GCMS database notwithstanding whether or not you write about it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 3:43am On Mar 22, 2017
spores99:
house please I need your input....my sponsor is my uncle same surname...he intends to sponsor with his salary acct (works high post with mtn), which has a balance of 3million and my total tuition(19K CAD paid 2350CAD) & living expenses(10K) converted to naira is like 8million...... can he state in affidavit & letter of sponsorship that he will be transferring like 2500CAD monthly to me to cover for my studies?

Guy dis your uncle, does he have any dependants? How many children? Are all his children still going to school? Let me ask that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 6:23am On Mar 22, 2017
wealth360:

Guy dis your uncle, does he have any dependants? How many children? Are all his children still going to school? Let me ask that.

yes bro, he has 3 boys all going to sch (sec. sch)....thou he owns a registered trading company with his wife but he feels if he tenders that it my raise concerns such as why his he using company acct, how would he pay staffs and Co....thou the company has 3 accts (the acct with the fattest money he his not signatory but other account where he his signatory is averagely ok.

please do advise.....what do you suggest we do in your own opinion?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 8:01am On Mar 22, 2017
Please Boss advice on payment and address of VAC here in Lagos. Is the payment done online or at VAC office?
quote author=Osemigho post=54813245]

I advise anyone doing paper to take picture at VAC. 8 copies for 2k+ < 3k.
Picture I took from a professional studio was rejected there. I had to retake another there. Just go and snap there and not waste your time and money.

Bead gang shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I advise anyone going to VAC to go as early as 8am. In fact, reach there before 8am and wait till they open their gate. With that, you will likely leave there around 9am.
Going anytime from 11am means you will likely be done after 2-4hrs, depending on population you met on ground. Shalom![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by duduafri: 8:20am On Mar 22, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Austinpee4:

Firstly, i'll advise you consider paying your full tuition fees before re-applying. #JustAnAdvise

Now to your questions:

1.Yes,anybody can use a sponsor who will be willing to expend funds for his/her study and NO, it won't raise any red flag provided you prove and show you have access to the funds.

2.Sure,you can. If you can't prove relationship with your cousin, let him/her swear to an affidavit of sponsorship.

3.Fixed deposit is fixed deposit and a one time source or prove of funds.You can show prove of the FD without transfering it to any other account..You only need to prove that it will become available to you and when.

4. If it's personal funds for a year, it should be enough as long as the equivalent in CAD amount to atleast 10,000 CAD as required by CIC for a year.

5. If you feel it is necessary, you can briefly write about how you have been able to tackle the previous refusal reasons. They still will find out from their GCMS database notwithstanding whether or not you write about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=nwugon post=54825321]Please Boss advice on payment and address of VAC here in Lagos. Is the payment done online or at VAC office?
quote author=Osemigho post=54813245]

about 56k cash payment at VAC, Ikate Roundabout, Lekki-Ajah expressway, Lagos. There is an ATM available there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2017
spores99:

yes bro, he has 3 boys all going to sch (sec. sch)....thou he owns a registered trading company with his wife but he feels if he tenders that it my raise concerns such as why his he using company acct, how would he pay staffs and Co....thou the company has 3 accts (the acct with the fattest money he his not signatory but other account where he his signatory is averagely ok.

please do advise.....what do you suggest we do in your own opinion?

Please let him swear an affidavit of sponsorship and I would have advice he also do an affidavit of fact that no one is dependent on him but he has children. well all he need to do in my own opinion is to write a sponsorship letter that make sense and you need to tell him to explain the reason why he will want to sponsor you for two years and he should also explain in the letter how his family will survive without any problem. please use his SOA that has him as the only signatory.

other gurus please assist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Flawless1988: 10:33am On Mar 22, 2017
lollmaolol:
Hello respected housemates,

Please I need an answer to my curiosity, I applied to the University of Saskatchewan sometimes last year October with all requirements fully completed, but I am surprised I'm yet to hear from them. Getting nervous.

My program is scheduled to start by September fall 2017, till now the Graduate administrator told me I would be inform on the admission outcome as soon as the committee sit.

I will be glad to know if there's anyone with experience of what I'm currently passing through. I'm concerned with the visa processing time. And funding is one big obstacle ahead.

Thanks as you respond.
I also applied to the university of Saskatchewan since January for MPH and Community Health ... Till now nothing has been updated on my profile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 11:18am On Mar 22, 2017
wealth360:

Please let him swear an affidavit of sponsorship and I would have advice he also do an affidavit of fact that no one is dependent on him but he has children. well all he need to do in my own opinion is to write a sponsorship letter that make sense and you need to tell him to explain the reason why he will want to sponsor you for two years and he should also explain in the letter how his family will survive without any problem. please use his SOA that has him as the only signatory.

other gurus please assist.
bro it's a year program.... yes in the sponsorship letter one of his major reason is because my father sponsored him through his schooling days so he feels it's right to also sponsor me since he his financially capable..and also he will explain in the letter that he owns a trading business aside his salary account where he earns more income enough to take care of him and his family.... I guess I would go with his salary account and also show prove that he owns a trading company (company documents- cert of incorporation, board of directors and Co)

what do you think about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2017
I sincerely want to crave the indulgence of people that have been sending me their sops/LOEs for review to kindly be patient with me.

I am indeed inclined to review your sop/loe timeously, However due to workload at my place of work and plenty of sops/LOEs already in queue for review, I am a little bit constrained to attend to sops/LOEs on time as envisaged. Kindly bear with me.

To make the whole process faster. Pls endeavor to place the document on google doc so that I can make comments and recommendations on each paragraphs while you edit/amend live.

Final Note: I have been attending to the sops/LOEs on the basis of FIFO (First in, First Out).

Thank you all for the indulgence.

God bless you all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 11:46am On Mar 22, 2017
Oga, one of the best way to show his commitment to you is to transfer the money to you. By that, you leave the V.O with little or none to bother as to why he wants to sponsor you.
spores99:

bro it's a year program.... yes in the sponsorship letter one of his major reason is because my father sponsored him through his schooling days so he feels it's right to also sponsor me since he his financially capable..and also he will explain in the letter that he owns a trading business aside his salary account where he earns more income enough to take care of him and his family.... I guess I would go with his salary account and also show prove that he owns a trading company (company documents- cert of incorporation, board of directors and Co)

what do you think about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by careerwoman(f): 11:57am On Mar 22, 2017
wiljen120:

Naira to wh currency and also, the exchange rate?
naira to USD. but if you want CAD.. I can change the USD to CAD before I get back. but ai have to be certain you will buy the CAD. Rate for USD is 425 while CAD is 330.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
penitential:
Oga, one of the best way to show his commitment to you is to transfer the money to you. By that, you leave the V.O with little or none to bother as to why he wants to sponsor you.

by transferring money to me do you mean the total cost of study or the monthly transfer of 300CAD per month from his salary account as he stated in the sponsorship letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good morning great house *takes a bow*

Sorry if I'm derailing but I'm not sure which thread to ask this question

I got an iPhone 6 plus from Switzerland which I had to unlock here in Nigeria for it to work, now travelling to Canada... Will it work with Canadian Sims? Or do I have to unlock it again there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Whichever way. If he can transfer the total cost of study to you, then fine. If he can't, he can choose to be transferring it to you monthly provided you will have a substantial amount to pay the school fees when you're submitting your TRV app. You don't make your app cumbersome and look desperate by so much affidavit this, affidavit that.... swearing affidavit left and right. Just make it simple and that's all.
spores99:

by transferring money to me do you mean the total cost of study or the monthly transfer of 2500CAD per month from his salary account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
penitential:
Whichever way. If he can transfer the total cost of study to you, then fine. If he can't, he can choose to be transferring it to you monthly provided you will have a substantial amount to pay the school fees when you're submitting your TRV app. You don't make your app cumbersome and look desperate by so much affidavit this, affidavit that.... swearing affidavit left and right. Just make it simple and that's all.

thanks penitential..
my intake is Sept and I have already paid 2300CAD of my tuition fees as asked by the sch, next due payment is till august...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello my people pls I replayed the mail from CIC asking if I use agent or not for over two weeks now and I'm yet to hear anything from them pls what can I do
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Now to your questions:

@Austin please ans this question let say an applicant's available fund will be able to cover his masters 2 years tuition fee + his first year living expense i.e 10,000 Cad but wont cover 2nd year living expense do u think its ok to apply ?? pls answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emasel(m): 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hello guys,

Can a maternal uncle whose surname is different from yours be used as a sponsor for Canadian study visa?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Now to your questions:

perfect advice bro. Much respect!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
Jerryzone:

@Austin please ans this question let say an applicant's available fund will be able to cover his masters 2 years tuition fee + his first year living expense i.e 10,000 Cad but wont cover 2nd year living expense do u think its ok to apply ?? pls answer
Very okay. CIC requires proof of funds of tuition plus a minimum of 10kCAD for the first year of study. However, you'll need to show that you can support yourself after first year if your program is more than a year.
Best thing to do is to either add a sponsor or show them proof that you will have more funds for living expenses for the 2nd year just for substantive evidence. With the funds you have stated, you are fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 2:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Very okay. CIC requires proof of funds of tuition plus a minimum of 10kCAD for the first year of study. However, you'll need to show that you can support yourself after first year if your program is more than a year.
Best thing to do is to either add a sponsor or show them proof that you will have more funds for living expenses for the 2nd year just for substantive evidence. With the funds you have stated, you are fine.

Thanks Bro..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
Yes.
Emasel:
Hello guys,

Can a maternal uncle whose surname is different from yours be used as a sponsor for Canadian study visa?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Paulweasley: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hi good day house..I applied for students visa since October 17th 2016 and till now no news from Cic. I applied through an agent.I found about this thread long after I submitted my application.when the agent was applying for me he failed to attest that I have been denied visa 4 times to USA 2015. And with what i have being seeing here, this mispresentation of this important information have affected a lot of people here. My application is still under processing and no message from the embassy yet. I know very soon there will soon send me that mispresention, ban for 5 years message..but since there haven't send it yet, am thinking of what to do to get atleast a refusal instead of the 5 years ban..So am thinking of writing a letter with a lawyer backing me up Attesting that I mispresented the fact I have being denied visa to the USA and send to the embassy , then I will upload both the attestation letter from my lawyer that i sent to the embassy, and USA visa refusal letter on my CIC online account as additional documents..

So I have come to seek advice from anyone here about this idea that am about to carry out.. Please house advice me if its a bad idea or advice me on other ideas that may help please.. Anybody at all please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
Paulweasley:
Hi good day house..I applied for students visa since October 17th 2016 and till now no news from Cic. I applied through an agent.I found about this thread long after I submitted my application.when the agent was applying for me he failed to attest that I have been denied visa 4 times to USA 2015. And with what i have being seeing here, this mispresentation of this important information have affected a lot of people here. My application is still under processing and no message from the embassy yet. I know very soon there will soon send me that mispresention, ban for 5 years message..but since there haven't send it yet, am thinking of what to do to get atleast a refusal instead of the 5 years ban..So am thinking of writing a letter with a lawyer backing me up Attesting that I mispresented the fact I have being denied visa to the USA and send to the embassy , then I will upload both the attestation letter from my lawyer that i sent to the embassy, and USA visa refusal letter on my CIC online account as additional documents..

So I have come to seek advice from anyone here about this idea that am about to carry out.. Please house advice me if its a bad idea or advice me on other ideas that may help please.. Anybody at all please

Smart move. It's better you point it out to them before they find out on their own.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
yemdogg:

Smart move. It's better you point it out to them before they find out on their own.

Don't you think he should voluntarily withdraw his app as well as soon as possible?

How long does it take to withdraw application?

Am thinking that will be quicker and safer option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 3:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Osemigho:

Don't you think he should voluntarily withdraw his app as well ASAP?

In his correspondence with them....he should indicate his decision to withdraw his app to make necessary correction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maygreaves(m): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good morning great house *takes a bow*

Sorry if I'm derailing but I'm not sure which thread to ask this question

I got an iPhone 6 plus from Switzerland which I had to unlock here in Nigeria for it to work, now travelling to Canada... Will it work with Canadian Sims? Or do I have to unlock it again there?

No, Unlocked once, unlocked forever
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Paulweasley:

In my own opinion, it's better you point it out to them instead of the VO finding out. Considering the time frame of your application, withdrawing your application at this time is not advisable.

Regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.