Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877592 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
I agree with you Austinpee4, Also his/her undergraduate course of study.
Austinpee4:

Before you get a proper response to your question, you need to state more info about
1. What you are currently doing in line with the PGD you intend to pursue.
2. How many years of work experience you have?

You purpose of visit needs to be put in place first before you permutate your financial availability.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chinexchiboy(m): 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Dominicumoh:
Hello guys,

Who else is still waiting for the admission decision from Memorial University of Newfoundland? I'm becoming more tensed that it's taken too long. I applied for M. Eng in Electrical Engineering ...

Also applied to the University of Waterloo... Still no response from them. Anyone in my situation?

Bro your situation is the same as mine.. Applied for MSc computer science since november ... My application is still under review.. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
kpukpuyenke:

Am applying as Undergraduate

The fee is N55,470 cash payment

That's good please kindly share ur profile here so others going for UG can learn. You will get d trv IJN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sekinatmi(f): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Loverquin:

@ sekinat, thank u so much. Did u apply to a college or a university? If yes, wich college/ university? Thanks

I applied to Memorial University and Saskatchewan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
olugere:

Hello, I applied for phd at MUN my status changed to decision made, but yet get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given

Hello, I applied for phd at mun my status changed to decision made, but yet to get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. I regret to advise you that based on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering your application was not successful at this time. A letter outlining the details was mailed to your permanent address via post mail dated March 14, 2017.
Admission denied thank you from olugere

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ozzy2: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Goodday all, pls how many hours does it take to do medicals at children practice? Pls kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
olugere:

Hello, I applied for phd at mun my status changed to decision made, but yet to get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. I regret to advise you that based on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering your application was not successful at this time. A letter outlining the details was mailed to your permanent address via post mail dated March 14, 2017.
Admission denied thank you from olugere

If I am right, their reply means you have been refused admission. Don't bother about receiving their mail cos it makes no difference.

Do you have a back up I.e. other schools you applied to? If yes, expect and pray for the best. If no, look for schools that offer winter admission in your field and restart the process again and focus on winter 2018 .

However, review your whole profile and documents submitted, so as to avoid wasting your money over and over again. Weak profile or documents submitted will likely lead to rejection. That doesn't mean you should fake it.

Since you are going for PhD, I want to believe you have master degree. Do you also have at least one year experience with that? If yes and your dream is to settle in canada, alongside your admission processing, focus on express entry. Join below thread and read from page 0.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/346

So long you can prepare well and write English test, not too old, as well as get reference letter from your place of work, prove you have some fund which is lesser than cost of study in most cases, your chances of getting it high for now. Shalom!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ziggarrr: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
burk:
Hello guys, good works here. I have benefited so much from this forum. It's educative, informative and its good for learning.

Please i need to professional answers and guidance as per my proposed study permit application.
I have been offered admission to study a year post graduate diploma in supply Chain Management at Seneca. I'm yet to apply for my study permit still gathering all the required documents but i have paid 50% of the tuition.

Currently i have a year Canadian multiple Temporary Resident Visa which was renewed in November last year. I'm currently working on a monthly salary, aside this, i also have a company which i'm the sole signatory to the account of the company but i have people working for me in the company.

During my last trip to Canada, i opened a bank account in Toronto with the intention of moving money to the account to fund my study. To date i have 34K in the account. Can you please advise me on how to move forward as per the application if i should include the Canadian bank account with the application, include my business registration and bank statement, my personal bank statement and letter from my current employer.

Thank you
Hi, I think you are in a good way

1) You need to explain to the visa officer how this diploma will help you run your company and also its impact in your place of work. This will tackle your purpose of visit.

2) If I were you, I would include the Canadian bank statement of account, it gives you a more robust financial standing since you have already paid 50% of tuition. Don't forget to include your business registration and bank statement, personal bank statement and letter from your current employer.

3) The fact that you already traveled to Canada and back will go a long way in tackling any issue concerning travel history.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Luce: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Luce:
Good day, please I have a couple of questions
1) Would a post graduate diploma in occupational/environmental health be considered an academic regression following an MBBS (medical) degree
2) Say the cost of said PGD is about 2million, after the payment of the full tuition if a parent transfers 10,000CAD (living expenses) to my account accompanied by a letter/affidavit of support will the parent's statement of account still be required to prove non-lodgement of funds or the first two are sufficient?

I would greatly appreciate your responses. Thanks.

Please can anybody help with an answer to the first question ?
Thanks @yemdogg for your help with the second
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
Osemigho:

If I am right, their reply means you have been refused admission. Don't bother about receiving their mail cos it makes no difference.

Do you have a back up I.e. other schools you applied to? If yes, expect and pray for the best. If no, look for schools that offer winter admission in your field and restart the process again and focus on winter 2018 .

However, review your whole profile and documents submitted, so as to avoid wasting your money over and over again. Weak profile or documents submitted will likely lead to rejection. That doesn't mean you should fake it.

Since you are going for PhD, I want to believe you have master degree. Do you also have at least one year experience with that? If yes and your dream is to settle in canada, alongside your admission processing, focus on express entry. Join below thread and read from page 0.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/346

So long you can prepare well and write English test, not too old, as well as get reference letter from your place of work, prove you have some fund which is lesser than cost of study in most cases, your chances of getting it high for now. Shalom!

Yes it is admission rejection
@ Osemigbo. I hail you sir. Any advise sir
I did not apply to any other school. Just MUN where I was denied admission
I have 6 years experience in power station with gas turbines
Plus B.Eng mechanical 2.8 cgpa, M.eng mechanical 3.68 cgpa
I want to study PhD energy economics,
36yrs age, 2 children less 3 years.
I don't have any family at all in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Luce:

Tough sell but possible.

Buh I would really advise you pursue MPH.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by YoungJ61: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
I was delayed for insufficint fund,purpose of visit, and travel history. last year december when i rushed and applied for study permit because i have not discorved some secrets of geting trv on nairaland, but today i got my offer letter from my school(holland college P.E.I ) for journalism program fall 2017 and intending to fire again by Gods grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by teddybear20: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
please oo. who else has deferred admission till September UPEI. I made the request 2 weeks ago and till now I haven't gotten my deferral letter. does it take this much time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cube2nerdy: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
Good evening to all in 9ja and Canada.

Abeg can someone share with us d dos and donts while travelling to canada from 9ja. Airport, luggage, border officials, etc dos and donts.

I hear luggage can be missing? How can dat be prevented? I hear ticket etc can be stolen by thieves. How can dat be prevented?

Experienced people in ca n 9ja abeg talk. Detailed travel experiences will b appreciated

Wheres d best place to buy winter clothes especially in PH

Thanks for helping d house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
chinexchiboy:

Bro your situation is the same as mine.. Applied for MSc computer science since november ... My application is still under review.. It is well.

Hello, if you awaiting admission from MUN, pls send them email sgs@mu.ca to very your admission so that you will know their, quiet unfortunate I was refused admission. they send me mail today.

Web
more
Inbox
Offline.
Last checked: just now
2017 Fall Admission Decision
Hello,
Good day, a change in my student account " Decision Made" but am yet to receive email.
Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at Memorial University.

Regards,

Athena

Athena Farr - Applications Officer

Memorial University of Newfoundland

School of Graduate Studies

St. John's, NL A1C 5S7

Phone: (709) 864-2444

Fax: (709) 864-4702

www.mun.ca/become/graduate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
sekinatmi:

I applied to Memorial University and Saskatchewan

Hello, if you awaiting admission from MUN, pls send them email sgs@mu.ca to very your admission so that you will know their, quiet unfortunate I was refused admission. they send me mail today.

Web
more
Inbox
Offline.
Last checked: just now
2017 Fall Admission Decision
Hello,
Good day, a change in my student account " Decision Made" but am yet to receive email.
Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at Memorial University.

Regards,

Athena

Athena Farr - Applications Officer

Memorial University of Newfoundland

School of Graduate Studies

St. John's, NL A1C 5S7

Phone: (709) 864-2444

Fax: (709) 864-4702

www.mun.ca/become/graduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
Well I don't know much about the program MBBS. If it's a first degree, I will say it's okay. But if it's higher than first degree (professional examination/qualification after first degree) then it's not a progression. Albeit, academic advancement may not work against you even if your qualification is higher than proposed PGD. So far you can convince the V.O the reason why you're going for that course and how it stand to benefit you. Precisely if the program is only offered as a PGD program only.
Luce:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Greetings Everyone, here is my gcms notes>> please make una help me tackle it.

Much Hailings Friendz... Still appreciate all your efforts in my gcms notes interpretation..

Thanks @All
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Hello fam..... just got my gcms notes .....
I intend to refire by probably May... my sponsor is my cousin but we re second cousins and as such showing proof of relationship is difficult @Austinpee, @ yemdogg, @ thesoj ....and the rest of the house..help throw light on how I could maneuver this issue..thanks in advance...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
olugere:

Yes it is admission rejection
@ Osemigbo. I hail you sir. Any advise sir
I did not apply to any other school. Just MUN where I was denied admission
I have 6 years experience in power station with gas turbines
Plus B.Eng mechanical 2.8 cgpa, M.eng mechanical 3.68 cgpa
I want to study PhD energy economics,
36yrs age, 2 children less 3 years.
I don't have any family at all in Canada

Truth be told, your GPA is too low + I assume you have no published paper(s) in reputable journal(s). It will be hard to get PhD admission with such profile. Not in this brother Trump regime that competition for canny school will likely get higher and tougher.

Go read on the link I posted earlier.
Based on prevailing score, I assumed your wife have at least a bachelor's degree and you both ace your English test, you will meet the requirements for Express Entry to get permanent residency. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2017
Marvelous3:
I intend to refire by probably May... my sponsor is my cousin but we re second cousins and as such showing proof of relationship is difficult @Austinpee, @ yemdogg, @ thesoj ....and the rest of the house..help throw light on how I could maneuver this issue..thanks in advance...

Read few pages back where the format of sponsor paying fees and transferring money to your account, while supporting with documents, letter, and affidavit had been discussed.

I hope your new program is related and higher than previous one, or you addressed it well in your LoE or SoP if otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:13am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

Are you working, if yes did u provide employment docs? I need ur response 2 ascertain something.

I think moniker Osemigho has tackled your gcms with His response, to me your's is fair enough.. you got less work 2do in re-packaging.

Goodluck 2 us all as we prepare 2 bounce back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 12:23am On Mar 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Read few pages back where the format of sponsor paying fees and transferring money to your account, while supporting with documents, letter, and affidavit had been discussed.

I hope your new program is related and higher than previous one, or you addressed it well in your LoE or SoP if otherwise.

Yea I did.. I am going for the same program at a Masters level... secondly.. finished service may 2016 and haven't been working since then ..is this a cause to worry about though not up to one year..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 12:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Are you working, if yes did u provide employment docs? I need ur response 2 ascertain something.

I think moniker Osemigho has tackled your gcms with His response, to me your's is fair enough.. you got less work 2do in re-packaging.

Goodluck 2 us all as we prepare 2 bounce back

Thanks.... am not working and didn't provide any employment docs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

Yea I did.. I am going for the same program at a Masters level... secondly.. finished service may 2016 and haven't been working since then ..is this a cause to worry about though not up to one year..

Nice program choice. Socio-economic ties wasn't stated in your gcms. So, I don't think the work thing will affect.

However, are you saying you aren't doing anything apart from sleeping, eating, and watching TV for almost a year now? No helping a sister/mom/aunt in shop? No certification? Nothing nothing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 12:46am On Mar 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Nice program choice. Socio-economic ties wasn't stated in your gcms. So, I don't think the work thing will affect.

However, are you saying you aren't doing anything apart from sleeping, eating, and watching TV for almost a year now? No helping a sister/mom/aunt in shop? No certification? Nothing nothing?

Lol....More like reading nairaland , couple of seminars..no certification to show for it though and a brief voluntary supervisory gig that ain't really related to my discipline and no proof to show for it ...just on my cv..so am sceptical about including it so I don't shoot myself on the foot..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 12:47am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

Okay, your gcms is quite simple, the were very lenient on you.. glance tru mine den summarize

btw.. wen did u finish service is it up2 6months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 12:55am On Mar 24, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Okay, your gcms is quite simple, the were very lenient on you.

btw.. wen did u finish service is it up2 6months?

Almost a yr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 1:01am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

@marvelous3 please can u help me to apply for GCMS note? Or how did you applied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:04am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

Almost a yr

Okay, your case is quite simple, work with the advice given.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 1:17am On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:

@marvelous3 please can u help me to apply for GCMS note? Or how did you applied?

Had someone in canada help.. a friend's friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.