Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881547 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3,Hello young lady just passing and saw your GCMS Note and some comments made so far. your refusal is a minor one, either you get substantial proves of relationship with your cousin and also making financial commitment whilst explaining how the root of you both relationship are and convincingly why he has taken such responsibility to sponsor you.In addition there is a very vital angle you are being skeptical and I would say yes that since May 2016 and any moment you would want to submit your reapplication is approximately (A 1YR GAP) don't leave that gap unexplained/uncovered/not-tackled, if not you may not be favoured. It was ok in your last application because it was less than 1yr but as you are re-applying, you work on your present condition b/c relevant criteria for satisfying visa requirement will be examined according to your profile before you will be granted this 2nd time.

trv doc*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Religiously following this thread for quite some weeks and I must say kudos to you guys for the efforts you're all putting to make us all have a good life. Thanks may God reward you all.
However I'm interested in applying for a sowp but I have some peculiar issues that may make or mar my chances though I'm very positive of getting it is gonna end in praise with the assistance I stand to get from the wonderful gurus in the house.

My wife would be flying to canada to begin her MSc with full funding and I intend submit my application immediately she settles down. I currently work as a procurement executive in a company here in Nigeria of which I also undertake construction and in_house projects which has been consistently boosting my personal account through cash advance for the past 9months though I have a different salary account.

Now my worries before preparing my application:

1. My gross yearly salary is around 2.4m and my account balance even in a month can read like 4M. Or do I need to lay claim to have co-founded a company and present just the CAC certificate (thinking of getting it from friend who has a company) to justify been a contract outsourcing firm for my present company.

How do I justify my account balance,? Is there a way I can convince a VO to believe it's my money?

2. Is it also compulsory for my wife to submit her Canadian account statement when she settles or mine would suffice as indicated above?

3. Does she need to rent a bachelor's apartment and send me the evidence of payment before I apply or she can remain in a proposed off-campus shared apartment?

4. What are the chances of applying for study permit inside Canada while on sowp because I intend to do some courses to augment my qualifications to fit in to the Canadian system?

I hope to get this sorted out so as to enable be have a smooth ride through my Trv processing.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 6:13am On Mar 24, 2017
michV:
Marvelous3,Hello young lady just passing and saw your GCMS Note and some comments made so far. your refusal is a minor one, either you get substantial proves of relationship with your cousin and also making financial commitment whilst explaining how the root of you both relationship are and convincingly why he has taken such responsibility to sponsor you.In addition there is a very vital angle you are being skeptical and I would say yes that since May 2016 and any moment you would want to submit your reapplication is approximately (A 1YR GAP) don't leave that gap unexplained/uncovered/not-tackled, if not you may not be favoured. It was ok in your last application because it was less than 1yr but as you are re-applying, you work on your present condition b/c relevant criteria for satisfying visa requirement will be examined according to your profile before you will be granted this 2nd time.

trv doc*

Thanks @trv doctor.... Am a dude by the way...lol...
Wud work on all u stipulated and share with d house...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 7:14am On Mar 24, 2017
adewumz:
Hey house, I have been following this tread for a while and I have learnt a lot. I applied to university of manitoba and saskatchewan and did not get in due to the fact that the program I applied to is competitive. I graduated with 3.85/5 and thought I stood a good chance as it is a second class upper. Still awaiting decision from Alberta but somehow discouraged. Please gurus in the house(Austinpee, Yemdogg and others) do you think it is wise to consider a PGC because it seems that my cgpa is kind of low or are there other schools that can consider it that you know of. I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
When did you apply to university of Manitoba and did you get a mail from the school about your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 7:22am On Mar 24, 2017
Good day to you all,i got this mail from one of the schools i applied to,with the date i am seeing can i still apply for visa and what can i do to make the process fast when i get the admission letter.

The Graduate Education Committee “Admissions” meeting is scheduled for April 19th. We will communicate the final results to all applicants via email, before the end of April. By the end of May, all applicants who are accepted to program will receive an admission acceptance package with important program information, along with a student program sheet from our office.

Please note that we have scheduled our annual on-campus “New Graduate Student Orientation” for Monday August 28, 2017. Please plan on attending this important event!

We thank you in advance for your patience, as we work through the Master of Education admissions processing over the next several months.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2017
Osemigho:

Truth be told, your GPA is too low + I assume you have no published paper(s) in reputable journal(s). It will be hard to get PhD admission with such profile. Not in this brother Trump regime that competition for canny school will likely get higher and tougher.

Go read on the link I posted earlier.
Based on prevailing score, I assumed your wife have at least a bachelor's degree and you both ace your English test, you will meet the requirements for Express Entry to get permanent residency. All the best.

@osemigho. Thank you bros I hail you sir.
Yes, I Have not publish any paper. My wife have B.Tech industrial chemistry with 3rd class, but she is doing teaching in nursery and primary because she love teaching.

Am fearing this low mark thing you know no family in Canada. My passport is virgin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:54am On Mar 24, 2017
olugere:

@osemigho. Thank you bros I hail you sir.
Yes, I Have not publish any paper. My wife have B.Tech industrial chemistry with 3rd class, but she is doing teaching in nursery and primary because she love teaching.

Am fearing this low mark thing you know no family in Canada. My passport is virgin.

My guess is right.

Go to the express entry forum. You have a better chance there. Virgin passport isn't a consideration and based on my calculations, if you and wife score very high in English test plus evaluate your certificates (they don't care about the grade), you would probably have been invited to apply for permanent residency some weeks ago.

So, go to where your chances are high, read from page 0 and start the process soon.
Prepare very well and ace the English test! I mean, you and wife should score very high, perhaps overall 9 in IELTS General test.

Edited: Another option, if your low score fear is stronger than your ability to study for English test, and if you wife have many years of experience, let's say above 3-4years in Edu, is for her to go through the graduate certificate or masters in education route. I think Brandon Univeristy offer something like that.
After then, you may be thinking of SOWP, then your family PR after 1 year of Canadian experience, etc. There are several options you need to read adequately for.

By the way, I am almost 10years younger than you. Please, drop the bros, Sir, boss, etc.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 8:00am On Mar 24, 2017
Just got admitted to Seneca Business Marketing Markham campus, you paid 50% tuition fee of how much?
Coz my offer letter states that my due tuition is 6,913 which is for a semester. Pls advice how to pay the 50%
If is possible. Thanks

burk:
Hello guys, good works here. I have benefited so much from this forum. It's educative, informative and its good for learning.

Please i need to professional answers and guidance as per my proposed study permit application.
I have been offered admission to study a year post graduate diploma in supply Chain Management at Seneca. I'm yet to apply for my study permit still gathering all the required documents but i have paid 50% of the tuition.

Currently i have a year Canadian multiple Temporary Resident Visa which was renewed in November last year. I'm currently working on a monthly salary, aside this, i also have a company which i'm the sole signatory to the account of the company but i have people working for me in the company.

During my last trip to Canada, i opened a bank account in Toronto with the intention of moving money to the account to fund my study. To date i have 34K in the account. Can you please advise me on how to move forward as per the application if i should include the Canadian bank account with the application, include my business registration and bank statement, my personal bank statement and letter from my current employer.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2017
Marvelous3:

Had someone in canada help.. a friend's friend

Okay. Can he help me also to apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ojayN: 9:17am On Mar 24, 2017
Good Morning everyone,

I submitted my study permit application through an agent since October 19th 2016. Not heard anything from them. Am so tired. Pls what should I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2017
boss justwise i PM you help look at it
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2017
please my great pipu am back again. Any one in canada who can help me apply for GCMS note please. or if you know anyone over there please help me with it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning house,

I completed my brother's study permit app yesterday night and I just logged on to print the biometrics letter. I can't seem to find it on the message section and I don't know why. Please, has anyone experienced this or is this the new process?

Urgent response please

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 9:40am On Mar 24, 2017
GOOD MORNING GURUS IN THE HOUSE, PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH VETTING MY SOP.
yemdogg, osimegho etc...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Dunna: 9:53am On Mar 24, 2017
Please house, after submission of an online application, how long approximately does it take to be invited for biometrics. Please respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 10:24am On Mar 24, 2017
ojayN:
Good Morning everyone,

I submitted my study permit application through an agent since October 19th 2016. Not heard anything from them. Am so tired. Pls what should I do
If your application have passed the stipulated processing time, you can mail cic. But most importantly keep praying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ifydio(m): 10:26am On Mar 24, 2017
Dunna:
Please house, after submission of an online application, how long approximately does it take to be invited for biometrics. Please respond.
minutes, hours. Doesn't take time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Luce: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2017
Thank you @yemdogg and @penitential for your responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by WESTERNCR: 11:24am On Mar 24, 2017
Be patient, it will drop soon. It happened to my cousin but was later sent 24hrs later.

Shalom!

Newman1010:
Good morning house,

I completed my brother's study permit app yesterday night and I just logged on to print the biometrics letter. I can't seem to find it on the message section and I don't know why. Please, has anyone experienced this or is this the new process?

Urgent response please

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atrapon(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2017
10 weeks gone already, expecting a medical mail today or next week, Masters,MUN, online. Please remember me in your prayers .I will sing Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route. Delayed
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
6.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
7.Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by wealth360: 11:40am On Mar 24, 2017
atrapon:

10 weeks gone already, expecting a medical mail today or next week, Masters,MUN, online. Please remember me in your prayers .I will sing Hallelujah

Amen. you will testify.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bdcity2: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2017
@Osemigho

i sent you an email, Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Akanmu2013: 12:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route. Medical Mail 24th february Medical Passed 2nd March APPROVED 8th March
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline. Thanks

Akanmu2013 submission 14th march,online PGD Seneca college

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Akanmu2013: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
@ all
I greeting everybody for the job weldone. im a longing time member of this amiable forum. i hibernation myself after several visa denial but now im back again to pursue the dream.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Akanmu2013:

sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college, by Feb 8 i got a mail from CIC asking me to explain my connection with my employee and if i use agent or not which i did on 21st feb 2017 still waiting for reply
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
wealth360:

sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college, by Feb 8 i got a mail from CIC asking me to explain my connection with my employee and if i use agent or not which i did on 21st feb 2017 still waiting for reply
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Newman1010:
Good morning house,

Urgent response please

Regards
Please how much was the online fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dunna:
Please how much was the online fee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello house
Please is there a word count that a SOP should contain?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Akanmu2013:

APPLICATION SUBMITTED 22ND DECEMBER 2016, WITH UPFRONT MEDICALs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abestine(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
those that have submitted should also specify if they did upfront medicals, passed medicals, in this format
Username, date of submission,degree going for, University, method of application (paper/online), medical (upfront/not), status (awaiting medical/medical passed/approved)

my suggestion so as to have a smooth documentation, more testimony this year in Jesus name

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.