Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879843 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2017
jessicahardman:

Austinpee4, I have a deed of assignment where myself, the seller and a laywer signed to show the exchange of the piece of land. Isn't that enough? I haven't had time to go change the documents in my name. If they do background check , they would see the seller's name and he prepared the deed of assignment that I want to use. Isn't the deed of assignment powerful enough to take care of all these?

Cc Yemdogg, penitential, folaroyal etc
Seems you want d exact opinion of d monikers u mentioned above. So wait patiently as dey attend to your case. Av given u my own take of ur inquiry above. Am done.
*PeaceOut*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bravemykl: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Happy Sunday everyone. I am about to submit my docs, I am self employed i just need to get some necessary ideas about home ties with my business. Apart from Family and properties, what other things do i need?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jessicahardman: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
Eraytee:

Seems you want d exact opinion of d monikers u mentioned above. So wait patiently as dey attend to your case. Av given u my own take of ur inquiry above. Am done.
*PeaceOut*

Bro/ma, I appreciate your opinion and that has always been my plan . Please don't feel that I do not regard it. I quoted you and copied others so they can see what you wrote and offer any contrary opinion or otherwise. I just want to have diverse suggestions and then make my decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
bravemykl:
Happy Sunday everyone. I am about to submit my docs, I am self employed i just need to get some necessary ideas about home ties with my business. Apart from Family and properties, what other things do i need?
your CAC certificate and business account if you have one. all this can form your hometies as regards your business.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cabalocracy: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
pls do I have to go with cash for d application and biometrics fee at d vfs office or their is an option for POS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
cabalocracy:
pls do I have to go with cash for d application and biometrics fee at d vfs office or their is an option for POS
Go with cash bro #55470 exact amount
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by florentm: 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
michV:

TRV Doctor*
Sacrificial lamb.

Thank you for your time

Nice one sir, thanks for the info, i ave sent you pm no response.
just needed ur 20 minutes attention. Tnx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
jessicahardman:

Austinpee4, I have a deed of assignment where myself, the seller and a laywer signed to show the exchange of the piece of land. Isn't that enough? I haven't had time to go change the documents in my name. If they do background check , they would see the seller's name and he prepared the deed of assignment that I want to use. Isn't the deed of assignment powerful enough to take care of all these?

The deed of assignment if notarised may suffice. Attach the survey plan and other relevant documents (whether in your name or not) to the deed of assignment. Write a brief note stating the circumstances surrounding the transfer of title of the said land.

The purport of the deed of assignment is to show or evince the fact that the seller has assigned his interest whatsoever in the land to you. This prima facie raises presumption of ownership in your favour.

Changing the name as suggested by peeps here on takes a long time. Seeking governor's consent, registration of instrument at the Land registry and all takes a lot of time and resources and there are some other technicalities involved in changing title. The process isn't something you can do urgently for visa purpose. So just attach other relevant documents to the deed of assignment. In the deed of assignment, there should be a clause stating that the vendor/seller shall take other and further steps to facilitate the transfer of title. Also I believe a clause to the effect that the vendor shall deliver all documents in respect of the land to you is also included in the operative part of the deed.

So if including the land in your application is very important to you, then do as I suggest and write a brief explanation regarding the circumstance surrounding the transfer of title and the delay in change of title.

If you have the opportunity of time and resources to change the title then pls do.
Regards.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jessicahardman: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Eraytee:

*PeaceOut*

Hey bro, you still dey vex for me? Abeg, no vex .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
jessicahardman:

Eraytee:

Notarized the deeds of agreement, submit the survey too. CofO is not easily come by like that. U should be good with the deeds of agreement notarized

This post by @Eraytee is a good advise as regards the deed of assignment/agreement but then, if you can't notorize it, just add it that way. The lawyer signature has made the document legally binding.

And also like i mentioned earlier, any document that is not in your name is actually not yours.

So, depending on your position/capacity in the signed deed, Your stake should be clear on a claim or should prove and show that you have strong connection to the asset(s) as a tie to nigeria.This should be the essence of including the document.
Besides, If you have family members in nigeria, It is a strong hometie, so relax and give yourself no further headache.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
bravemykl:
You just answered yourself. Your business is also a good home tie. Do well to include all relevant documents to buttress it's existence and your ownership. CAC docs and all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
jessicahardman:

Hey bro, you still dey vex for me? Abeg, no vex .
Lols what right do I av to Vex for u. Av given my piece and my bro @yemdogg is a lawyer and he gave u something similar to what I proposed to u. So the needed step lies on u. I don't take offense in things like this bro/sis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshpeei: 5:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Vangalee
Did u apply yet?, I'll be going to Fanshawe this September, if you're also resuming this sept pls let me know, drop me a message or mail joshpeei42@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Beyy: 5:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
adebidemi:

Hello.
Did you use an immigration lawyer? Please what do you mean by an agent?

No I didn't use an immigration lawyer. I used PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Beyy: 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please Guru's in the house, I need help as regards my canadian study permit application. Kindly pm me pleaseeeeeeeeeee. My situation is critical. Thankyou
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2017
yemdogg:

The deed of assignment if notarised may suffice. Attach the survey plan and other relevant documents (whether in your name or not) to the deed of assignment. Write a brief note stating the circumstances surrounding the transfer of title of the said land.

The purport of the deed of assignment is to show or evince the fact that the seller has assigned his interest whatsoever in the land to you.This prima facie raises presumption of ownership in your favour.

So if including the land in your application is very important to you, then do as I suggest and write a brief explanation regarding the circumstance surrounding the transfer of title and the delay in change of title.

If you have the opportunity of time and resources to change the title then pls do.
Regards.

@jessicahardman... Please note @ colored lines above and apply as required. This is in likelihood of what @Eraytee initially mentioned.

I also want to guess that there was a receipt issued for the transaction... it can form part of the docs with a brief note of explanation..... Notarize and move on!

You are required to present & guarantee the docs submitted in support of your applications in a way to gain the VOs confidence without having to back check!... No VO has that time or resources to be back-checking your land documents with Ministry of Lands or with who??!!!
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
Beyy:
Please Guru's in the house, I need help as regards my canadian study permit application. Kindly pm me pleaseeeeeeeeeee. My situation is critical. Thankyou

The way i know it works is you (requesting help or guide) to pm a particular person or spilling whatever it is on here.... and not otherwise!!!
You may just be waiting endlessly...

Wondering..... What situation can be that critical and cannot be discussed here ... What TRV issue can be greater than battling the risk of being rendered inadmissible?... and has been mentioned loads of times here!!

Pls talk if you have to @Beyy..
Regards

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good evening everybody. My name is Kingsley
n i' m 34years old married with a baby girl. My question is dis. At my age, is it possible to apply for graduate study in Canada n admission given and visa.Note: 2:1 in Computer Science from Unilag since 2010.(intermediate java programmer) I learnt they use age as a critetia in giving admission and vids?
I dont have a job presently. Talk yo me as i need you advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
Pls can i still pay the application fee of 65cad to university of newbrunswick. Am taking of 2017/2018 session. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2017
Agent wana collect 400k 4rm ma guy to run stdy prmit to a college. I.e his admission is out. He wana help him apply and help him arrange necessary docs. Is it pure? Isnt that much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, reading through this thread alone can guarantee you a study permit approval because agents ain't gonna do magic. But if you think you still need them, it's definitely at your own risk.

I remember someone posted the a-z of trv for study permit here yesterday. Just read through, digest and plan with it.

#MyOpinion

chybaz:
Agent wana collect 400k 4rm ma guy to run stdy prmit to a college. I.e his admission is out. He wana help him apply and help him arrange necessary docs. Is it pure? Isnt that much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2017
Follow up with this @chybaz
michV:

TRV Doctor*
Sacrificial lamb.

Thank you for your time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by burk: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good evening house. Please I want to confirm from the great scholars in the house if I can do the upfront medical after I have submitted my application. I submitted the application last week. Kindly advise if I can do the upfront medical. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
Since you've submitted your application, I don't think it's still called 'upfront medicals' any more, I will advise you wait till you get your medical mail from Cic so as not to complicate issues for yourself. Upfront medical is done before you submit application after which you accompany your application with the e-medical form given by the clinic. This is From my own little experience

Gurus can still shed more light on it.

Regards.

burk:
Good evening house. Please I want to confirm from the great scholars in the house if I can do the upfront medical after I have submitted my application. I submitted the application last week. Kindly advise if I can do the upfront medical. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
burk:

You can't do that since u have submitted your application already, you have to wait till the send u medical mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by timisnup(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2017
Good evening house, please i need your assistance and advice on this. Thompson Rivers University gave me admission for fall 2017 and i'm gathering my documents for visa application. I'm presently in Dubai and i will be applying here... i was told i will also need a police clearance from Nigeria and i don't know how to go about collecting it from here. Pls how can i go about it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 4:35am On Apr 03, 2017
chybaz:

tell your guy to run away from the agent as fast as he can....let him get acquinted with this wonderful thread loaded with extraordinary men/gurus(who help people for free) ....he will get all necessary info to get it right

shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.