Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (876696 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oyebanks: 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house, please can I use my sponsor's pension SOA available balance is 9m to apply for my trv combined with normal bank SOA minimum balance 1M with inflow and outflow of over 15m in the past 6months. you can withdraw from the pension's acct.

Kindly help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello House,

I got a notification from Grad cord of my department that i have been recommended for admission for MA History at memorial university with fundings (the amount is unknown yet as i still await the official mail from SGS.

My question is that my sponsor does not bear my surname but he is willing to do the sponsoring because its a year program. I dont know the documents to put together to back this up as MUN dont take tuition deposit until resumption. What other proof could be given to show his sincerity.

Your responce will be greatly appreciated.

congrats.. he should transfer d funds to you account and indicate it in his letter of sponsorship, and affidavit of support, and your bank statement and his statement should reflect such too..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
Oyebanks:
Hello Gurus in the house, please can I use my sponsor's pension SOA available balance is 9m to apply for my trv combined with normal bank SOA minimum balance 1M with inflow and outflow of over 15m in the past 6months. you can withdraw from the pension's acct.

Kindly help.

sure you can provided d funds available is enough to caterer for ur study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Oyebanks: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
nelly28:

sure you can provided d funds available is enough to caterer for ur study.

Pls can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
hayqinsbFX:
im in canada.
besides will a proof of medical done be given at the clinic in event i get someone to go there

yea call dem and explain to dem u will b ask to scan ur pp and ur previous e med to dem to run it for u and dey will forword to d embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
Oyebanks:

Pls can I pm you?
feel free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hayqinsbFX: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
thanks
nelly28:

yea call dem and explain to dem u will b ask to scan ur pp and ur previous e med to dem to run it for u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
kpukpuyenke:

please an you tell me how this upfront medical is done?

GO TO ONE OF THE AUTHORISED HOSPITAL ON CIC WEBSITE,AND TAKE YOUR PASSPORT ALONG WITH YOU.TELL THEM YOU WANT TO DO UPFRONT MEDICALS,YOU WILL BE GIVEN A LETTER THAT YOU SUBMIT ALONG SIDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Good afternoon
Anybody here that can help me pay my undergraduate application fee in Cad$ while I transfer the money in Naira to hour account should please signify.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
please house help me out

How do I link my paper application an online account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
Folaroyal:

Nobody understands this kind of submission here and hence you should not expect a response!
In here... Wen people talk... we are precise and open!.. I don't have a record of any institution called.. "Canada college"... Plus you applied for kini??.. Admission or employment?... Without any intention to attack your personality.... Common ....you are 30 and have a ND... Kindly speak like one.
Sorry but this post met a blunt side of me and i have chosen not to ignore!
Pls fine tune your request.
Regards

Bro pls can I send u my sop for review? Cos I intend to reapply soonest, was denied last year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
nairalandnewbie:

Thanks for your reply.
I've sent this already while applying but it was requested that I send the original transcript or come with it when resuming
go to ur secondary school and tell them u need ur transcript and they will give it to u (it will be addressed to the university in canada) or better still u can collect it and take it to Canada urself as they have said. ur transcript is just ur detailed "report card". hope I was able to answer ur question?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
yemdogg:

DEAR COLLEAGUE,

I HOPE THIS MEETS YOU WELL

You have no prior academic background in finance.

You have no work experience is finance.

You work in a law firm.

Hmmmmmmm;

From a lawyer to another lawyer, i think your chances for visa is incredibly slim. The grounds for refusal will most likely be "purpose of visit" considering your profile.

Please don't waste your time and money. Try as much as possible to secure a masters admission or look for a program that is obviously consistent with your law degree like ADR, Legal Research etc.

If however, you have prior academic background in finance that you probably didn't mention; then you can apply. A visa officer would be curious to know why you suddenly decided to change your career path. I mean after your LLB, BL and suddenly you switched to finance. It is simply inexplicable. Even me, i am already seeing you as an economic migrant not to talk of the VOs who are trained to be cynical and skeptical.

Regards.

bro pls can I mail u my sop? I intend reapplying very soon. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
Idowu3080:
Hello House,

I got a notification from Grad cord of my department that i have been recommended for admission for MA History at memorial university with fundings (the amount is unknown yet as i still await the official mail from SGS.

My question is that my sponsor does not bear my surname but he is willing to do the sponsoring because its a year program. I dont know the documents to put together to back this up as MUN dont take tuition deposit until resumption. What other proof could be given to show his sincerity.

Your responce will be greatly appreciated.
MUN takes tuition deposit before resumption and gives receipt to that effect. However I cannot advise you deposit tuition in your student account because I am sure your funding will cover your tuition fee for a year.

I just checked your dept website and I can confirm to you that the applicable funding to your program is 8500CAD. I'm sure you can't get less than this.

As regards your sponsor, you didn't state if you're related to him in anyway. Either way, let him write a letter of sponsorship and do an affidavit of sponsorship stating the reasons he wants to sponsor you. However, the best way to show his commitment is by transferring certain sum of money into your account for your upkeep in Canada. This will go a long way in addressing the doubt in the VO's mind.

In your letter of explanation, emphasis must be on your funding and the funds deposited in your account by your sponsor.

Congrats already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gfeuxay: 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
JayJayK:
Hello people. I'm in the process of applying for a study permit for an undergraduate program in Durham College. I've been asked to submit an up to date transcript sha and I'm wondering do I submit all transcripts from primary school till high school? undecided I need help please. My JJC level has no rival. grin

P.S 1 - I only have my year 10 to 12 transcript cos I went to a different junior school

P.S 2 - I have over read this tread from part 1 and it's really helpful. cool

I Was in ur shoes some months back. What they are requesting for is ur original waec result from waec office dat has your passport....not the online print out. This happens when they can't verify your results through the waec website with the details u provided or when it's a g.c.e result (private candidate result) and you didn't specify it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olutowo(m): 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
yemdogg:

DEAR COLLEAGUE,

I HOPE THIS MEETS YOU WELL

You have no prior academic background in finance.

You have no work experience is finance.

You work in a law firm.

Hmmmmmmm;

From a lawyer to another lawyer, i think your chances for visa is incredibly slim. The grounds for refusal will most likely be "purpose of visit" considering your profile.

Please don't waste your time and money. Try as much as possible to secure a masters admission or look for a program that is obviously consistent with your law degree like ADR, Legal Research etc.

If however, you have prior academic background in finance that you probably didn't mention; then you can apply. A visa officer would be curious to know why you suddenly decided to change your career path. I mean after your LLB, BL and suddenly you switched to finance. It is simply inexplicable. Even me, i am already seeing you as an economic migrant not to talk of the VOs who are trained to be cynical and skeptical.

Regards.

Wao

Economic migrant, how can one do that...i mean this thred is for student, 4:01:36 PM do u have any idea of how to go about economic migration just as u siad....thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2017
olutowo:

Wao

Economic migrant, how can one do that...i mean this thred is for student, 4:01:36 PM do u have any idea of how to go about economic migration just as u siad....thanks

Check the Canada Federal skill migration/Express Entry thread for this information.

BTW...when a VO sees you as an economic migrant when your application is for study visa, it simply means the VO does not see you as a genuine/bona fide student and that your intention isn't to study but to migrate to Canada using the Study permit route which they seriously frown at. What it invariably means is that you have failed to convince him/her of your intention to study in Canada.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
Oyebanks:

Kindly help.
think twice before you use someone else's pension account. Even the owner of the pension account can only access 25 percent of the pension if s/he stop working for a period of 6months. So how do you want to prove that the pension account will be available for your study in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by JayJayK: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
Thank you. I already got an admission using my neco result. What transcripts then did you use to apply for your study permit?
Gfeuxay:

I Was in ur shoes some months back. What they are requesting for is ur original waec result from waec office dat has your passport....not the online print out. This happens when they can't verify your results through the waec website with the details u provided or when it's a g.c.e result (private candidate result) and you didn't specify it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Redaddict: 5:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent follower on this thread for a while now and only just registered last week.

I sincerely appreciate the selfless efforts of every contributor here and pray that God will increase you on all sides.

I am a lawyer of 10 years post call experience, I have a masters degree in Law and I worked as Human Resources/Legal of a Company for about 5 years before my current employment where I do core legal work and for my masters program, I took some courses in Labour Law.

from my research on this thread, I applied to two schools i.e Confederation College in Ontario (PGD, Human Resource Management) and Regina University (Masters in Human Resource Management). I have received admission from the college while Regina is yet to revert.

My questions are therefore as follows:

a. What are the likelihood of a TRV approval based on a college admission based on my profile as earlier stated.
b. What are the impact of an upfront medicals? I am yet to do one but will doing one save waiting time on TRV approval?
c. Does anyone know how long it takes for University of Regina to notify applicants of decisions made.
d. based on my research, i discovered that some contributors received funding from their universities; I am not entirely clear on this as I also saw on CIC website that Post Graduate Work permit can only be granted if teh student did not take any funding from Canada government. Can shed more light on this.

Apologies for the long story, I just wanted to make it easy for anyone who wants to reply me.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Please when canadian colleges request for secondary school transcripts what do they mean? Is it just the waec original result? Please how can i obtain the result cause I don't think I am meant to send my one and only waec result to the college.please gurus in the house what do they mean by secondary school transcript? thank you guys smiley smiley
Please ask the institution requesting for it. They are in better position to tell you what they really want.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
Is2bEe:
think twice before you use someone else's pension account. Even the owner of the pension account can only access 25 percent of the pension if s/he stop working for a period of 6months. So how do you want to prove that the pension account will be available for your study in Canada?

You are right but the question is do VO's know all this? Bcox this rule stated above is not a general rule as regards pension accounts world wide.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Is2bEe:

yea u can withdraw from your account but i guess its only 25% jst like u 've said above too, but if d said sponsor is up to 60years u can 've access to more den dat even everything in ur account so i guess d said poster no best and should b wel guided on availability of d funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gfeuxay: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2017
JayJayK:
Thank you. I already got an admission using my neco result. What transcripts then did you use to apply for your study permit?
Nov/Dec waec result (g.c.e)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2017

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
miella:
Despite my low GMAT score

Despite not getting a supervisor even though it is required

Despite using two professional referees instead of academic referees (my academic referees refused to reply on time so had to change them)

I just received a mail that I have been admitted to UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA with FUNDING.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
congrats...i received my offer letter today too from UOttawa...M.Eng in chemical engineering

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
miella:
Despite my low GMAT score

Despite not getting a supervisor even though it is required

Despite using two professional referees instead of academic referees (my academic referees refused to reply on time so had to change them)

I just received a mail that I have been admitted to UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA with FUNDING.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

Congrats... we don dey many...uottawa things...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
Congratulations to all of you on your admission. As I am right now, I am only resorting to prayer for God to provide money before 5am 2mao morning so that I can pay my application fee. Issorite MY OWN IS COMING

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
michaelbelgium:

congrats...i received my offer letter today too from UOttawa...M.Eng in chemical engineering

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
maziude:

na so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
brothers and sisters, ladies and gentlemen...canada embassy wrote on their site that all documents submitted to them should be written in english. otherwise it should be translated by a certified translator and an affidavit of the translator attached.
my birth certificate is written in belgian dutch...no organization in nigeria can translate it...belgium embassy does not translate documents
plsszz...what do i do in this case....
does anybody here know someone studying in belgium or netherland who can help me translate it over there
plsss help a friend

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.