Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,531 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) (41284 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Fatima Abba-Gwadabe The First Commercial Pilot In Kano / Protesting Passengers Block Arik Air Flight At Abuja Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 8:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
Most of the defunct airline staff get reabsorbed into the emerging airlines
where their experience comes handy. Play the word "killing" down. Scary stuff.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2009
sandee575:

Most of the defunct airline staff get reabsorbed into the emerging airlines
where their experience comes handy. Play the word "killing" down. Scary stuff.

I guess you are right about the word "killing", but how does one manage job insecurity here?
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2009
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
sandee575:

Thats a tough enough question. http://www./video/x1xuvd_bobby-mcferrin-dont-worry-be-happy_music

Why shouldnt I worry about how things are going on?.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Vickivicki(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2009
I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Kudos to you guys.

smiley
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:40am On Dec 17, 2009
Vickivicki:

I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Kudos to you guys.

smiley

My guy, we are just trying to educate people and make things right. Every thread should be very entertaining, and most especially, educating.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by OgidiBoy(m): 1:04am On Dec 17, 2009
God bless you guys for this thread, this is the most educational and informative thread on NL. I just saved this thread on my computer favorite sites.

Thanks guys
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 9:17am On Dec 17, 2009

Because if you worry, people must get laid off from time to time.
If you dont worry they will still get laid off from time to time.
So, you tell me WHY WORRY
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
sandee575:

Because if you worry, people must get laid off from time to time.
If you dont worry they will still get laid off from time to time.
So, you tell me WHY WORRY

What a wise saying.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Vickivicki(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2009
selingel:

What a wise saying.

Seconded lipsrsealed
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by FlyinNaija: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2009
The DC-8 was impounded after contraband goods (textiles) were found on board
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by FlyinNaija: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2009
The Hawker 800XP ZS-PCY you posted above is owned by OANDO but operated by NAC South Africa. OANDO also has ZS-BOT.
There are dozen of South African (ZS- or Zulu Sierra) registered business jests operated in Nigeria, mostly Hawker 800 series.
The reason for registering them in South Africa, firstly, is because Nigeria's NCAA makes it the registration process unnecessarily difficult. Secondly, most of the jet were not acquired with totally clean money, so registering them outside reduces suspicion.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2009
!!!
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2009
The
Hawker 800XP ZS-PCY you posted above is owned by OANDO but operated by NAC South Africa. OANDO also has ZS-BOT.
There are dozen of South African (ZS- or Zulu Sierra) registered business jests operated in Nigeria, mostly Hawker 800 series.
The reason for registering them in South Africa, firstly, is because Nigeria's NCAA makes it the registration process unnecessarily difficult. Secondly, most of the jet were not acquired with totally clean money, so registering them outside reduces suspicion.

I think many of them were wet leased from South Africa, ie: lease of airplane plus flight crew
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2009
sandee575:

The

I think many of them were wet leased from South Africa, ie: lease of airplane plus flight crew

Yes, you are very correct. Many of those aircraft are on wet lease. It is not all about registration.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Enjoyment1(f): 7:37pm On Dec 18, 2009
Oboma1:

Yes, you are very correct. Many of those aircraft are on wet lease. It is not all about registration.

One can not but investigate the reason why Nigerians registered their aircraft in South Africa. There could be some other personal reason. Perhaps, to shield corruption.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Otobroto(f): 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2009
Enjoyment1:

One can not but investigate the reason why Nigerians registered their aircraft in South Africa. There could be some other personal reason. Perhaps, to shield corruption.

Aero is trying to lay a foundation in Nigeria. If this new strategy works, all other airlines will adopt it, but if it does not, it will discarded. As for registering of Aircrafts, it boils down to the local authority. I feel it is another way of not being investigated, if registered outside.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by sandee575(f): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
Aero is trying to lay a foundation in Nigeria. If this new strategy works, all other airlines will adopt it, but if it does not, it will discarded. As for registering of Aircrafts, it boils down to the local authority. I feel it is another way of not being investigated, if registered outside.

What is Aero's new strategy?
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
sandee575:

What is Aero's new strategy?

Selling of Puff-puff! grin grin grin
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Enjoyment1(f): 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2009
Oboma1:

Selling of Puff-puff! grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Enjoyment1(f): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
I wish travellers these crucial bombing season, a safe trip to their destination
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Vickivicki(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
Enjoyment1:

I wish travellers these crucial bombing season, a safe trip to their destination

And, , Amen.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Ammmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn oh![b][b][b] grin grin grin grin grin[/b][/b][/b]
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
I hear Arik Air have suspended their regular flights to Uyo, due to non=payment of mutual agreement they had with Akwa-Ibom government to pick some bills if they airline cannot cover cost of flights to Uyo.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by selingel: 12:46am On Jan 14, 2010
Oboma1:

I hear Arik Air have suspended their regular flights to Uyo, due to non=payment of mutual agreement they had with Akwa-Ibom government to pick some bills if they airline cannot cover cost of flights to Uyo.

The Governor have given assurance that the airport will be opened again for traffic, by ending of January.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Hardtalk: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2010
What lovely shots we have here.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Hardtalk: 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2010
Meanwhile, I heard that Arik Air has suspended her operations to that airport, and it is Dana Air that now services that route. What is the problem between both parties (Arik Air and Akwa Ibom state government).
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2010
Hardtalk:

Meanwhile, I heard that Arik Air has suspended her operations to that airport, and it is Dana Air that now services that route. What is the problem between both parties (Arik Air and Akwa Ibom state government).

I learnt there was this agreement the airline had with the state government; that the government will pick the bill for the remaining seats not paid for by passengers. The state government later reneged in the agreement based on the fact that, the airline on very many occasion, had full house (all seats paid for by passengers). The airline did not find it funny. That lead to suspension of their services to that route.

Currently, Dana air now ply that route. I want to believe, there is more to this agreement. If indeed, the state was supposed to pay for seats not paid for by passengers, why is the airline still claiming money for seats paid for? If the state agreed to be giving the airline some grants to make up for seats not paid for, and the risk of flying their latest aircrafts to this dangerous airspace (for now), why are they now reneging? Is this not jealousy on the part of the state government? Is this not greed on the part of the carrier? So many questions begging for answers!.
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Oboma1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
Why want to blow up Arik?,
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by DisGuy: 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2010
Oboma1:

I learnt there was this agreement the airline had with the state government; that the government will pick the bill for the remaining seats not paid for by passengers. The state government later reneged in the agreement based on the fact that, the airline on very many occasion, had full house (all seats paid for by passengers). The airline did not find it funny. That lead to suspension of their services to that route.

Currently, Dana air now ply that route. I want to believe, there is more to this agreement. If indeed, the state was supposed to pay for seats not paid for by passengers, why is the airline still claiming money for seats paid for? If the state agreed to be giving the airline some grants to make up for seats not paid for, and the risk of flying their latest aircrafts to this dangerous airspace (for now), why are they now reneging? Is this not jealousy on the part of the state government? Is this not greed on the part of the carrier? So many questions begging for answers!.

chei see government business sense o, taxpayers money for a private company

So how is the international airport doing traffic wise
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
Dis Guy:

chei see government business sense o, taxpayers money for a private company

So how is the international airport doing traffic wise

Why bother about making sure traffic exists when all we care for is having an international airport(another one) right in the zone soon? cheesy
Re: First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) by Hardtalk: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2010
I just went through this post again and noticed that, if all these airlines still existed, a good number of youths in this country would have been painfully employed. What is really killing this airlines?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit? / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.