Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,456 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

A Letter To Nigerian Men - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Letter To Nigerian Men (3262 Views)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Boyfriends / Write A Letter To Your Future Husband/wife. / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by CILondon: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2009
justwise:

I'm sorry but this is nonsense, i was not born here but 2 of my best friends here 2 zambain ladies, i have known them for 5yrs now, share flat with one of them but never ever cross the line, they were my course mates, we club, shop, cook together.

STOP saying Nigerian born men, u probably don't know more than 10 of them and yet u are painting all of us with the same brush.

U were groped by one or 2 of those half human beings not by ALL Nigerian born men.

I lived in Nigeria for at least 10 years, so I think I know more than 10 Nigerian born and raised men. I am qualified to comment - I'm not one of those "ajebotas" that has never been to Nigeria. My older sister also has the same problem with Nigerian men coming on to her, and many other women have spoken about it. It can't all be my imagination.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Orikinla(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2009
Poster, thank you for sharing.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by justwise(m): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
CILondon:

I lived in Nigeria for at least 10 years, so I think I know more than 10 Nigerian born and raised men. I am qualified to comment - I'm not one of those "ajebotas" that has never been to Nigeria. My older sister also has the same problem with Nigerian men coming on to her, and many other women have spoken about it. It can't all be my imagination.

I'm not disputing ur case or experience at all, i'm basically saying that its not fair to paint all of us with the same brush.

Whether Nigerian born men or not its still a very silly thing to do.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by CILondon: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
justwise:

I'm not disputing your case or experience at all, i'm basically saying that its not fair to paint all of us with the same brush.

Whether Nigerian born men or not its still a very silly thing to do.

People may say "don't paint with the same brush," but in truth when you keep coming across the same observation time and time again, you are justified in drawing some conclusions.
Time and time again, this has happened to me, and other women too who have spoken about it - and always with Nigerian born, not UK born Naijas, therefore I think I am entitled to draw my conclusions based on what I see or would you prefer that I disbelieve my lying eyes?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by joekudi360(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
na waaaaaohhhhh habaaa
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2009
CILondon:

People may say "don't paint with the same brush," but in truth when you keep coming across the same observation time and time again, you are justified in drawing some conclusions.
Time and time again, this has happened to me, and other women too who have spoken about it - and always with Nigerian born, not UK born Naijas, therefore I think I am entitled to draw my conclusions based on what I see or would you prefer that I disbelieve my lying eyes?

U hang out with a wrong crowd or u sending a wrong message to them. Sometimes pple treat  u good/bad depends on how u present urself.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
CILondon:

Greeting my fellow Naijas

I've written an article entitled "A letter to Nigerian Men - Things You Should Know About Women" and I posted it on my website.
I think every Nigerian man who reads it would find it useful - it would help them avoid some of their typical mistakes that we women find so aggravating.
The link (which I will only post once, in accordance with the forum rules) can be found at
http://www.lifeinbiglondon.com/2009/12/05/a-letter-to-nigerian-men-things-you-should-know-about-women/

I hate this sorta generalisation.
How many Naija men have you seen trying to chat up babes on the tube? grin grin grin grin
How many women have you spoken to before coming to this atrocious conclusion?
In short. . . . .  .
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
I'm sorry I could read all that but I just skimmed through your article and this caught my eye.

Fact: Women hate being hit on by total strangers – be they strangers on a train or on the street or where ever. Women just hate being hit on by strangers and this is something Nigerian men do a lot – more than other nationalities and they need to stop it.

False. I like when strangers hit on me. It gives me a chance to test my ego-crushing abilities
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Pataki: 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
   it was the train conductor, an ugly  middle aged Nigerian male, probably in his fifties or even sixties, short, fat, with a very large bottom dragging behind him very close to the ground. He was smiling at her, trying to make eye contact with her – the kind of smile a man gives a woman when he’s “interested.” Nkechi refused to smile back. She refused to even maintain eye contact with him. She looked away. She was not interested at all. In fact she couldn’t think of anything more unattractive than the middle aged man smiling at her. No thanks. Urrrrggh.

Now readers, what we have here is an “uncle” in his fifties or sixties hitting on a young lady in her very early twenties, on her way home from college. This is so typical of Nigerian men. Nkechi is not interested and refuses to smile at him or even maintain eye contact with him.

You are just in your early twenties? undecided If you spent like 10 years in Nigeria, how are you so able to deduce and come to a grand conclusion of Nigerian men esp. in the UK? This is what I do not get of typical London stereotypes like you. Assuming a false air of knowing it all, sheer arrogance and infantile conclusions based on silly thinking. Walk in a man's shoes for one day, maybe you will learn to appreciate the other side of the opposite sex. Not to say there are not men out there who are goats, but generalisation is totally wrong.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
lordy lordy- see as them describe nigerian males.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
There's some element of truth in what she says, but your approach to the subject is quite condescending. It's the semi-illiterates, and aje-pako that behave this way. You wont see a well polished Nigerian boy approach you crassly. Aje-pako dey travel abroad too.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by CILondon: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yes, it's true that it is the aje-kpakos who hit on a girl like that. Unfortunately too many aje-kpakos have reached London and the western world. Pity, that.
But the 2 separate grope incidents at the 2 weddings which I mentioned earlier were both done by what I thought were cultured Nigerian males, which I am non-too pleased about.
Sadly the one thing they all had in common (both the aje-kpakos and the "cultured" Nigerian men) is that they were all Nigerian born and raised.
Never had this done to me by UK born/raised Naijas - I think they just follow the British rule "Don't touch a women without her permission" a lot better than Nigerian born/bred males.
Sorry to say - but it's true.

I also think Nigerian born/bred males have a tendency to think that if you smile at a woman and she blanks you, glares at you - she is simply playing hard to get and all you need to do is pursue harder - whereas a UK born/bred Nigerian is more likely to see that for what it really is - sexual aggression, and therfore leave her alone.

Furthermore, I have observed that Nigerian born/raised males are unable to tell the difference between platonic friendliness/joviality on the one hand and sexual interest/availability on the other. They mistakenly assume that if a women is friendly/jovial this is a sexual green light for them to go ahead and make a move on her - which it is not. This mistaken assumption can be found in all cultures/nationalities of men but more so in Nigerian born/bred men.
It is for this reason that I decided to stop being friends with Nigerian raised males. I now treat them with a polite, but very distant standoffishness.

I hope this helps in understanding where I am coming from.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
CILondon:

Yes, it's true that it is the aje-kpakos who hit on a girl like that. Unfortunately too many aje-kpakos have reached London and the western world. Pity, that.
But the 2 separate grope incidents at the 2 weddings which I mentioned earlier were both done by what I thought were cultured Nigerian males, which I am non-too pleased about.
Sadly the one thing they all had in common (both the aje-kpakos and the "cultured" Nigerian men) is that they were all Nigerian born and raised.
Never had this done to me by UK born/raised Naijas - I think they just follow the British rule "Don't touch a women without her permission" a lot better than Nigerian born/bred males.
Sorry to say - but it's true.

You are talking bollocks. . . . . . .
Sexual assault cuts through race, age, tribe, sex, social class and what not.

I also think Nigerian born/bred males have a tendency to think that if you smile at a woman and she blanks you, glares at you - she is simply playing hard to get and all you need to do is pursue harder - whereas a UK born/bred Nigerian is more likely to see that for what it really is - sexual aggression, and therfore leave her alone.

Stop rolling with bush boys and uncultured species.

Furthermore, I have observed that Nigerian born/raised males are unable to tell the difference between platonic friendliness/joviality on the one hand and sexual interest/availability on the other. They mistakenly assume that if a women is friendly/jovial this is a sexual green light for them to go ahead and make a move on her - which it is not. This mistaken assumption can be found in all cultures/nationalities of men but more so in Nigerian born/bred men.
It is for this reason that I decided to stop being friends with Nigerian raised males. I now treat them with a polite, but very distant standoffishness.
I hope this helps in understanding where I am coming from.

I doubt Naija raised boys want to be your friend as well so the feeling is perfectly mutual.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2009
You sound like Nigerian men, well those 'born and bred' in Nigeria, go round seeking women to touch and thats not true. However, many do mistaken friendliness for sexual interest but many men, irrespective of their nationality, do.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 8:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

You sound like Nigerian men, well those 'born and bred' in Nigeria, go round seeking women to touch and thats not true. However, many do mistaken friendliness for sexual interest but many men, irrespective of their nationality, do.

Thank U, Mrs. Rebellious Woods. grin cheesy
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

Thank you!!. The poster obviously got prob with Nigeria born Nigerians, if she got her ways  she will  order for their deportation
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by chika98: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2009
LMAO! The poster sorta has a tad bit of point though. Some people just don't know how to approach women. Let's face it the you look familiar line is out played grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by titsqueez(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
another frustrated so and so tryin to give advice . .abeg carry ur B.S research and stick it where u can get relief. . alakori sad
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
Oh and its that polite standoffish attitude that makes Nigerian men despise and disrespect UK based Nigerian women. So it's like a hate cycle lol

LOL@ Sauron, Woods?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by 4Play(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
The OP is a plonker. Let's be serious, if the stereotypes were true, there will be hordes of Nigerian men being charged for sexual harassment and rapes in the UK.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

Oh and its that polite standoffish attitude that makes Nigerian men despise and disrespect UK based Nigerian women. So it's like a hate cycle lol

U must be very intelligent.
I cannot stand Naija babes in the UK with their rotten attitude.
They think the reason you want to chat them up is because of their sagging boobs and their artificial hair.
Buncha troglodytes. . . . . . .U won't see US based Naija babes acting in such disgusting manner.

LOL@ Sauron, Woods?

Yes. Mrs. Victoria Tiger Woods. grin grin grin
How's your golf club? grin

justwise:

Thank you!!. The poster obviously got prob with Nigeria born Nigerians, if she got her ways  she will  order for their deportation

The poster must be staying close to Peckham where unruly Nigerians dwell cos i cannot for the life of me believe any Naija babe will be saying all Nigerian men raised in Naija don't behave in a decent way around women. The statement is a tad spastic.

Naija men get harassed by Naija Women too. Is it because we don't complain or scream despoil when they do?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by 4Play(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Naija men get harassed by Naija Women too. Is it because we don't complain or scream despoil when they do?

These girls who insist on cooking for you whether you like it or not so they spice your food with some bullsh*t potion they flew in from villa. grin grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by chika98: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
Most men aren't even worth putting all that extra effort in. Put stuff in your food ko?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

The OP is a plonker. Let's be serious, if the stereotypes were true, there will be hordes of Nigerian men being charged for sexual harassment and despoils in the UK.

Exactly!! So how come the poster hasn't called the police or those 'women' she talked to? Cos here in the UK such thing is not allowed and u don't get away with it.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
4 Play:

These girls who insist on cooking for you whether you like it or not so they spice your food with some bullsh*t potion they flew in from villa.  grin  grin

Abi o!!!
They use everything in the trick book to make you eat their yeye soup.
How isn't that harassment? Na by force? grin
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by 4Play(m): 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
despoils

What the heck is despoils?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
lol Ok now you guys are reaching. No one cares about you guys enough to bother about poisoning you.

@Sauron, lol Tiger and I are through! Im headed to CNN to give them exclusive news on our relationship in exchange for half a million dollars
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

lol Ok now you guys are reaching. No one cares about you guys enough to bother about poisoning you.

Love potion.

@Sauron, lol Tiger and I are through! Im headed to CNN to give them exclusive news on our relationship in exchange for half a million dollars

The 3some? wink
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
lol Love potions? Really?
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

lol Love potions? Really?

With Naija babes. . . . .Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Strz(f): 9:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ok so Nigerian women poison their men and Nigerian men molest them sexually and bathe them in acid for not being virgins.
Re: A Letter To Nigerian Men by Sauron1: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2009
St☆rz:

Ok so Nigerian women poison their men and Nigerian men molest them sexually and bathe them in acid for not being virgins.

It's a fair exchange, innit? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Girls Like Guys That Are "all Over" Them? / What Can I Do To Make Gooogles Love Me? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.