Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,124 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

You May Be Commitment Phobic If - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You May Be Commitment Phobic If (314 Views)

Comfortable Ladies Just Looking For Guys To Impregnate Them Without Commitment / Dating a lady For A Year And She Doesn't Call or show any commitment / Married Lady Seeking For My Commitment... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You May Be Commitment Phobic If by stuffsabouttara(f): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
My Boyfriend recently suggested we move in together, he made it seem like a joke but he told me he wanted me to consider it seriously. Initially I said ‘yes‘, but now, I’ve got really cold feet, I just brushed it off with the reason that we should first be officially married. I hate to be a stick in the mud but the truth is, I’ve been feeling like I’m entrapped – claustrophobic. I feel like I’m being rushed into something I’m not yet ready for.

I don’t think I’m ready, I don’t ever feel ready for anything, so when will I be? I have this fear that I won’t ever be able to settle down because the seriousness and permanency of it scares me. It’s not just the relationship parts of my life, it’s everything, from choosing a hairstyle to buying a furniture, it’s not that I don’t like my choices, it’s the morning for the loss of all the other options forgone. My relationship is great, it's everything I've always wanted, but I still don't want to settle down, instead, the thoughts of it make me panic to the extent I literally want to run away, like just disappear to some unknown place and start a whole new life there with a whole new identity. It's called being commitment phobic.

You may be a commitmentphobe if-

1. You have a history of becoming involved with or obsessed by partners who are emotionally, circumstantially or geographically unavailable

2. You are very picky or have a pattern of fault finding

3. You have a history of relationships where one partner wants more while the other wants less

4. You deny access to parts of your world

5. In your head, you always maintain psychological space

6. Discussion of the future fill you with dread

7. You start projects but don’t finish them

8. You always feel like you haven’t found the ‘right’ person

9. You keep a large social media presence/relationships at the expense of a stable existing one

10. You find yourself always cheating or been tempted to venture into cheating even when you are in a relationship with the 'love of your life'.

What are your views on this? Do you know anyone who may be commitmentphobic? Let me know in the comments section.

https://meetmitchell./2017/03/03/so-its-called-commitmentphobia/
Re: You May Be Commitment Phobic If by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
grin

Am I?

1. Check
2. Check
3. Check
4. Check
5. Check
6. -
7. -
8. Check
9. -
10. -

cheesy I have no idea...

1 Like

Re: You May Be Commitment Phobic If by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
2, 5 & 8 for me. Every single time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Love (episode 28) / [gaposa Relationshop Tipz]: Readers Say Married People Should Not Operate Joint / ...... Whooopssss .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.