Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (363747 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by abefe99: 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
omo see gobe is not easy ooo we don't know who is lying and who is saying d truth
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Joettti: 5:18am On Mar 17, 2017
Hmmmm this one weak me gan!!!

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by AmiJoy(f): 6:52am On Mar 17, 2017
marianneada:
Suspense spices up stories, don't worry dear , i'll always update.
ur own suspense take long joor
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ajboss(m): 7:14am On Mar 17, 2017
Is your story a real life experience?
anyway...I love it keep the update coming!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by hardehboy(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2017
We no get choice oooo...to keep updating is demanding....leasuire time, network, inspirtion and the rest. Keep u the good job dear
AmiJoy:
ur own suspense take long joor
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2017
Ajboss:
Is your story a real life experience?
anyway...I love it keep the update coming!
why do you ask?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Acode: 9:22am On Mar 17, 2017
marianneada:

.. ...... She rushed to him.
"Oooh, Nelson, what a surprise?, you didnt inform me of your surprise visit, it's not fair o" she said to him playfully,
"i wanted to surprise you two, i came to take you out for lunch, come on, i'm famished, i've been searching for you all over your school ,"
" You really did surprised us, you almost gave me a heart attack , and i've never seen this car in our compound,what's going on?,
" It's one of our company's car, i'm sorry i scared you,
"I've never seen him smile like that, he was looking so happy, i'm glad he has changed.
" bro, i'm sorry i have exams, i need to return to my block, i only came see the stranger that came to steal my sweetheart "we both laughed,
" Amaka, i'll take you out then,let's get going or do you have exams too?, "he asked me,
" Nooo, i'm done for today, "i didnt know when i told him that.
Chy bade us goodbye and left for her block, while i entered Nelson 's car, and we drove out.

He took me to one of the best eateries in town, i was really happy i went out with him, we entered holding hands, everyone' s gaze was at us, we went to a quiet corner and sat down, the waiter came immediately to take our orders,
"Sir, what will i serve you," he asked Nelson, he looked at me
"Anything she wants, i'll eat too," he replied
I dont even know what to order,
"i'll help her, get us sauce and rice, with chicken" he ordered, the waiter left immediately to get our order,

...... .... without wasting time, our food arrived, we devoured the food like hungry lions.
"so how has your exams been, and when are finishing?"
"It's awesome, though my first University exam, i thank God sha,
" You'll make A's"he wished me
"Amen ooo", we will finish next week Wednesday, i responded
"So tell me, hope you're free with me",
"I dont understand" i asked looking confused
"I mean, after what happened between you and Dave, i know you dont trust guys again,
" not really, "i replied him
" have you ever been in love? "he threw the question at me, i smiled
" i don't even know what it means to be inlove,i dont know how those in love feels"i told him
"i'll explain everything,....... Is there someone you cherish, someone that makes your heartbeat, someone that when you close your eyes you could see his face?"
Immediately i closed my eyes,
"there's only one person i see when i close my eyes, only one person makes my heart beat," i thought to myself,i smiled sheepishly
"Amaaakaaaaaa, dont tell me you're inlove with Dave ooo," i only smiled,
Then my phone rang, i checked my caller Id, talk of the devil, it was Dave. I didn't pick, it rang four times before Nelson spoke
"Just pick his call and know what he has to say....... Put the phone on speaker, i want to hear what he has to say," i gave him a stern look, then picked the call. "Thank God you finally picked , pls forgive me for all i did to you but you must believe what i'm about to tell you, i know Nelson is crushing on you, but he's doing that just to sleep with you, remember he's my childhood friend, i know him more than you, don't forget he's not your brother, he's being kind to you to achieve his aim, we even had a bet on who will sleep with you first, i tried but i failed, now he's trying, dont allow him deceive you, he loves Lizzy so much, he's close to you now because Lizzy travelled out of the country, dont be a fool to fall for him,I saw him drive passed me with you in his car, be wise girl. He cut the call,i tried calling him back, but his phone was switched off, maybe he has a flat battery.
i was already crying,i stood up and meant to leave, but Nelson held my hand.
"Dont ever believe what that idiot said about me," he tried to explain but i slapped him hard on the face, everyone turned to our seat,
"i swear, i'll castrate you if you touch me again" i fired at him, i left the eatery and boardered a taxi and went home in tears.
What a horrible day for me!!!
Miss marianneada.. Ur doing a good job..
Keep it up
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2017
Acode:
Miss marianneada.. Ur doing a good job.. Keep it up
u mustn't duplicate
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Halyma(f): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2017
I love the twist of things now. Pls update soon, we r waiting.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Kimkardashain(f): 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2017
God Am Speechless, God Bless You Sweethrt! Pls Update Soon, Oh,
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
******* i went straight to my room, i changed my clothes and laid down to ease my anger, i didnt know when i slept off.
The Knocks on the door woke me up, i looked at the door because i dont need anyone to disturb me, i was determined to be strong and forget what happened, the knock came again, i went to the door.
"Chy,.... Chy!"
No one reponded,
"Pls open the door, i need to talk to you" i recognized the voice immediately,
"Nelson i beg you in the name of God, let us pretend nothing happened today, i'm writing my exams, i dont need distractions, this is not the right time for this,", i told him
"i understand how you feel,.... Ok, i'll leave you for now, but remember i'll be back,take care of yourself", i heard footsteps going towards his room, i knelt down and started crying,
i dnt know what is wrong with me, i wanted to open the door and listen to him, but the inner me refused, i cleaned my eyes immediately and started praying against spirit of distraction.
Chy returned later in the evening, i didn't tell her what happened, i pretended everything was ok.
We laid down chatting, but i was absent-minded,
"Why do i have the feeling that you're hiding something from me, you've not even told me how your outing was,..... Hope you're ok?" she asked
"i'm ok, it's just exam stress, i'm tired." i lied to her
Later, we all came down for dinner, mummy and daddy were around,i sat opposite Nelson, i made sure i avoided eye contact with him, but i noticed he couldn't stop staring at me,i wasnt comfortable,
"I'm happy we won the contract, dad spoke up
" Me too, i was really surprised it was awarded to us,... i need to be in Abuja next weekend to prepare for the execution, i'll spend two weeks, i need time to do it well"Nelson said
"i'll miss you son, i'm happy things are moving smoothly for us, may God continue to keep us happy,mummy said, we chorused," Amen"
I ate my food quietly, after eating, i went up with Chy to revise my books.

*****My exams have finished, i informed everyone about my intention of visiting my mother in the village, mummy Amanda was happy.
She bought so many things for my mother, she boarded a taxi that took me to my village, Nelson had travelled to Abuja, he didn't know i was travelling.
My journey to the village was smooth, i was so happy to be home, to be away from the likes of Dave and Nelson, my mother was so happy to see me.
"My daughter you have really changed, may God bless Amanda for me ooo, nne you're now a lagos big girl," my mother exclaimed.
" Mama Lagos is very beautiful, but there's nothing like home,i've really missed home,...... How's Ndidi,?, her number have not been going through, i called her several times to no avail," i told my mother
"My dear, ND is fine ooo, she was home last month, she's looking good too, she said her phone was stolen.
" thank God she's ok, because i was really scared, "
I told my mother about all that happened in Lagos, but i didnt tell her about my short horrible relationship with Dave.
" My daughter, hope men have started noticing you? "
" Ahhhh, mama noooo,my studies come first oo, no man for now, "i told her
" Hmmmm, i know you're studies is very important to you,...... if you tell me that no man has noticed how beautiful you are, that means there's a problem, "she advised, let's forget men for now.
"i've heard what you said mama, hope the little girl living with you is not giving you headache?" i asked.
"Nooo, she's a God sent, she helps me out alot"
"thank God".
I was missing my family in Lagos, i miss mummy and daddy, i miss Chy, i cant believe i'm missing Nelson,i talk to Chy everyday on phone, the same with mummy Amanda.

Two weeks had already gone and i'm ready to go back to Lagos.My mother packed lots of village goodies for me.
The next day, i returned to Lagos, i was so happy to be home, Chy was the first person i saw when i returned, she rushed at me and gave me a warm hug, she pecked me on the chic,
" I missed you alot, thank God you're home, Tony has been asking to meet you, i'll call him to inform him of your return"
i went to mummy's room to greet her,
" mummyyyyyyyy "i gave her a hug,
" My baby is back ooooo, see how fresh you're looking, how's your mummy, hope everyone is fine"she asked
"Yes oo, she sent her regards," i told her. Mummy Amanda's phone rang immediately, it was my mother calling,
"Ooh my dear friend is calling, she answered my mother's call, and informed her of my safe journey, i spoke to her too.
Chy and i prepared adelicious meal for everyone,it was getting late and i've not seen Nelson, i dont know how to ask Chy about him, but i managed to summon courage to ask her.
"Chy, i' ve not seen Nelson, did he travel?," i asked her
She gave me a funny look,
"He'll soon be back, they have an emergency meeting, "
We ate our food and went upstairs to gist.i didn't know when i slept off.
" good morning dear, "i greeted Chy,
" My dear, i've been thinking, since we have one more week, let's have fun, "she said
" i' m not ready for that oo", "i told her
" You better be ready, because, Tony will be here tomorrow to take us to the club, we gonna club tomorrow ooooooo, "she said excitedly
" Club,?..... mummy is around oooo"i told her
"she allows me to go out on weekends,i dont have a problem with that.
" hmmm, me, i'm scared oooo, infact i'm not going, "i told her.
" pls na, "she begged me.
" let me think about it, you didnt even ask me if i was hungry, all you know is clubbing.
"i'm sorry sweetheart, what will you have for breakfast,?" she asked me
"mmmmmh, i think i'll eat bitter leaf soup and fufu"
"Huh?, if i hear, the one you ate in the village never do you, let's go to the kitchen.
We came down and met Nelson drinking coffee,
" good morning bro, "Chy greeted him
He looked up and saw me
" You're finally back,... How's your mother"he asked,
" She's fine"
Mum came down and joined us.
" Good morning children, "mum greeted us
" good morning,mum" we chorused
"Nelson you've not gone to the office"
"No mum, i'm off today,"
"Your dad called, he said he'll be back with the kids," she announced
"good news, i've missed them," Nelson said
"me too," Chy joined him
"mummy, i think daddy needs a break, he's always travelling,", Chy continued
"we've been discussing that lately, when Kingsley is done with school, Nelson will have someone to help him out," she said
" But mum, what if Kingsley have other plans for himself, i dont want anyone forcing my little boy to join in the family business." Chy told her
"Kingsley's mouth piece, when he is ready, he'll decide," she concluded,.... She checked her time
"i'm almost late,i have an important appointment to catch up with" she rushed her breakfast, then went up to shower.
"Amy, i'm going out with Tony,i'll spend the day at his place, i have things to do for him" she winked at me.
After breakfast, Chy bathed and left for her boyfriend's house, i was alone in the house, i was tired of sleeping, i decided to check the living room, maybe i can chat with one of the maids, i went downstairs, i didnt see anyone, i sat on sofa playing candy crush with my phone.
"You finally came out of your room," i looked up and saw Nelson,
"we need to talk, i've always wanted to trash out things with you, i want to clear myself and move on with my life,...... He paused then continued, Dave lied against me, i dont have any plan of sleeping with you, i didn't have any bet with him," he explained
"So you want me to believe all that you said, pls Nelson, i'm not angry with you, i want you to stay away from me," i warned him
"So you dont believe me,".... I'll trash this out today," he said and ran to his room.
I heaved a sign of relief.
"thank God he's gone," i said to myself, i continued with what i was doing.
He came down again, this ttime, he was angry
"let's go out and talk, i beg you in the name of God,"
"i'm not going anywhere with you," i fired at him
He dragged me up forcefully, opened the door and took me to his car, he opend the door and pushed me into the car, i was there screaming
" Nelson, open this door now!, i'll break it oooo, "i threatened him
"Open the gate fast,!" He ordered the gate man,
The gateman opened the gate giving me signs of 'what is going on,'

He drove off the street,
"i'll call mummy," i told him thinking that will make him take me home.
"if you like call the police, i wont stop this car until i get to the root of this," he shouted back at me.
I searched the pocket of my jean trouser for my phone, i couldn't find it,..... It must have fallen down when he dragged me up, thoughts of what to do filled my mind, i later gave up and awaited my fate.
He drove for 45minutes before he stopped in front of a huge black gate, he horned so loud that the gateman ran out immediately to check who it was.
The gate man recognized him, and opened the gate for him, i was still wondering where we were when i saw Dave walk out of the building,
"Why did Nelson bring me to Dave's house, he has only complicated things for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=marianneada post=54688700] ******* i went straight to my room, i changed my clothes and laid down to ease my anger, i didnt know when i slept off.
The Knocks on the door woke me up, i looked at the door because i dont need anyone to disturb me, i was determined to be strong and forget what happened, the knock came again, i went to the door.
"Chy,.... Chy!"
No one reponded,
"Pls open the door, i need to talk to you" i recognized the voice immediately,
"Nelson i beg you in the name of God, let us pretend nothing happened today, i'm writing my exams, i dont need distractions, this is not the right time for this,", i told him
"i understand how you feel,.... Ok, i'll leave you for now, but remember i'll be back,take care of yourself", i heard footsteps going towards his room, i knelt down and started crying,
i dnt know what is wrong with me, i wanted to open the door and listen to him, but the inner me refused, i cleaned my eyes immediately and started praying against spirit of distraction.
Chy returned later in the evening, i didn't tell her what happened, i pretended everything was ok.
We laid down chatting, but i was absent-minded,
"Why do i have the feeling that you're hiding something from me, you've not even told me how your outing was,..... Hope you're ok?" she asked
"i'm ok, it's just exam stress, i'm tired." i lied to her
Later, we all came down for dinner, mummy and daddy were around,i sat opposite Nelson, i made sure i avoided eye contact with him, but i noticed he couldn't stop staring at me,i wasnt comfortable,
"I'm happy we won the contract, dad spoke up
" Me too, i was really surprised it was awarded to us,... i need to be in Abuja next weekend to prepare for the execution, i'll spend two weeks, i need time to do it well"Nelson said
"i'll miss you son, i'm happy things are moving smoothly for us, may God continue to keep us happy,mummy said, we chorused," Amen"
I ate my food quietly, after eating, i went up with Chy to revise my books.

*****My exams have finished, i informed everyone about my intention of visiting my mother in the village, mummy Amanda was happy.
She bought so many things for my mother, she boarded a taxi that took me to my village, Nelson had travelled to Abuja, he didn't know i was travelling.
My journey to the village was smooth, i was so happy to be home, to be away from the likes of Dave and Nelson, my mother was so happy to see me.
"My daughter you have really changed, may God bless Amanda for me ooo, nne you're now a lagos big girl," my mother exclaimed.
" Mama Lagos is very beautiful, but there's nothing like home,i've really missed home,...... How's Ndidi,?, her number have not been going through, i called her several times to no avail," i told my mother
"My dear, ND is fine ooo, she was home last month, she's looking good too, she said her phone was stolen.
" thank God she's ok, because i was really scared, "
I told my mother about all that happened in Lagos, but i didnt tell her about my short horrible relationship with Dave.
" My daughter, hope men have started noticing you? "
" Ahhhh, mama noooo,my studies come first oo, no man for now, "i told her
" Hmmmm, i know you're studies is very important to you,...... if you tell me that no man has noticed how beautiful you are, that means there's a problem, "she advised, let's forget men for now.
"i've heard what you said mama, hope the little girl living with you is not giving you headache?" i asked.
"Nooo, she's a God sent, she helps me out alot"
"thank God".
I was missing my family in Lagos, i miss mummy and daddy, i miss Chy, i cant believe i'm missing Nelson,i talk to Chy everyday on phone, the same with mummy Amanda.

Two weeks had already gone and i'm ready to go back to Lagos.My mother packed lots of village goodies for me.
The next day, i returned to Lagos, i was so happy to be home, Chy was the first person i saw when i returned, she rushed at me and gave me a warm hug, she pecked me on the chic,
" I missed you alot, thank God you're home, Tony has been asking to meet you, i'll call him to inform him of your return"
i went to mummy's room to greet her,
" mummyyyyyyyy "i gave her a hug,
" My baby is back ooooo, see how fresh you're looking, how's your mummy, hope everyone is fine"she asked
"Yes oo, she sent her regards," i told her. Mummy Amanda's phone rang immediately, it was my mother calling,
"Ooh my dear friend is calling, she answered my mother's call, and informed her of my safe journey, i spoke to her too.
Chy and i prepared adelicious meal for everyone,it was getting late and i've not seen Nelson, i dont know how to ask Chy about him, but i managed to summon courage to ask her.
"Chy, i' ve not seen Nelson, did he travel?," i asked her
She gave me a funny look,
"He'll soon be back, they have an emergency meeting, "
We ate our food and went upstairs to gist.i didn't know when i slept off.
" good morning dear, "i greeted Chy,
" My dear, i've been thinking, since we have one more week, let's have fun, "she said
" i' m not ready for that oo", "i told her
" You better be ready, because, Tony will be here tomorrow to take us to the club, we gonna club tomorrow ooooooo, "she said excitedly
" Club,?..... mummy is around oooo"i told her
"she allows me to go out on weekends,i dont have a problem with that.
" hmmm, me, i'm scared oooo, infact i'm not going, "i told her.
" pls na, "she begged me.
" let me think about it, you didnt even ask me if i was hungry, all you know is clubbing.
"i'm sorry sweetheart, what will you have for breakfast,?" she asked me
"mmmmmh, i think i'll eat bitter leaf soup and fufu"
"Huh?, if i hear, the one you ate in the village never do you, let's go to the kitchen.
We came down and met Nelson drinking coffee,
" good morning bro, "Chy greeted him
He looked up and saw me
" You're finally back,... How's your mother"he asked,
" She's fine"
Mum came down and joined us.
" Good morning children, "mum greeted us
" good morning,mum" we chorused
"Nelson you've not gone to the office"
"No mum, i'm off today,"
"Your dad called, he said he'll be back with the kids," she announced
"good news, i've missed them," Nelson said
"me too," Chy joined him
"mummy, i think daddy needs a break, he's always travelling,", Chy continued
"we've been discussing that lately, when Kingsley is done with school, Nelson will have someone to help him out," she said
" But mum, what if Kingsley have other plans for himself, i dont want anyone forcing my little boy to join in the family business." Chy told her
"Kingsley's mouth piece, when he is ready, he'll decide," she concluded,.... She checked her time
"i'm almost late,i have an important appointment to catch up with" she rushed her breakfast, then went up to shower.
"Amy, i'm going out with Tony,i'll spend the day at his place, i have things to do for him" she winked at me.
After breakfast, Chy bathed and left for her boyfriend's house, i was alone in the house, i was tired of sleeping, i decided to check the living room, maybe i can chat with one of the maids, i went downstairs, i didnt see anyone, i sat on sofa playing candy crush with my phone.
"You finally came out of your room," i looked up and saw Nelson,
"we need to talk, i've always wanted to trash out things with you, i want to clear myself and move on with my life,...... He paused then continued, Dave lied against me, i dont have any plan of sleeping with you, i didn't have any bet with him," he explained
"So you want me to believe all that you said, pls Nelson, i'm not angry with you, i want you to stay away from me," i warned him
"So you dont believe me,".... I'll trash this out today," he said and ran to his room.
I heaved a sign of relief.
"thank God he's gone," i said to myself, i continued with what i was doing.
He came down again, this ttime, he was angry
"let's go out and talk, i beg you in the name of God,"
"i'm not going anywhere with you," i fired at him
He dragged me up forcefully, opened the door and took me to his car, he opend the door and pushed me into the car, i was there screaming
" Nelson, open this door now!, i'll break it oooo, "i threatened him
"Open the gate fast,!" He ordered the gate man,
The gateman opened the gate giving me signs of 'what is going on,'

He drove off the street,
"i'll call mummy," i told him thinking that will make him take me home.
"if you like call the police, i wont stop this car until i get to the root of this," he shouted back at me.
I searched the pocket of my jean trouser for my phone, i couldn't find it,..... It must have fallen down when he dragged me up, thoughts of what to do filled my mind, i later gave up and awaited my fate.
He drove for 45minutes before he stopped in front of a huge black gate, he horned so loud that the gateman ran out immediately to check who it was.
The gate man recognized him, and opened the gate for him, i was still wondering where we were when i saw Dave walk out of the building,
"Why did Nelson bring me to Dave's house, he has only complicated things for me.

See gobe

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by yeeshanana(f): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=urchman23 post=54690532][/quote]

Chairman why you quote everything na? Nice story ma'am
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by MissRelly: 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
gud evening everybody,guy,i no know
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by sulips(f): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2017
Please lets stop quoting the full story, just make ur reply without quoting the story.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by victorydgirl(f): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
am new in nairaland... and i love your stories here, pls welcome me.... jus learnt a lesson "think with your heart and not with your head" nice story

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Marchborn123: 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2017
Ada tnx 4 do update but dearie is a bit short nah
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2017
victorydgirl:
am new in nairaland... and i love your stories here, pls welcome me.... jus learnt a lesson "think with your heart and not with your head" nice story
welcome to Nairaland dear.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2017
CHAPTER 8

He opened the door,and asked me to come down but i resisted,
"pls come down", he pleaded with me, Dave just stood where he was, watching us.
I came down and we walked towards Dave,
Dave wanted to shake him but Nelson kept his hand hanging,
"Dave, i want you to say everything you told Amaka on the phone about me,"
Dave pretended as if he didnt say anything,
"what i told Amaka?, i didnt tell her anything about you, what did she say?" he looked at me,
I couldn't take it again
"Were you not the one that said Nelson just wants to sleep with me because you guys had a bet on who will first sleep with me, you said he was pretending to be a good brother to me," he didnt even allow me to finish, when he spoke up
"guy, dont believe her, i didn't tell her that, she's lying"he lied
"guy there's no need for this, i heard all you said, if you must know, the phone was on speaker when you called her, so i heard everything" ,I could see shock on his face,he opened his mouth to talk but nothing came out, then Nelson continued, i only came here to clarify things and i'm happy i did that, i have great respect for the frienship we've shared since childhood, i wouldnt want a woman to be the cause of our feud,next time try and act more maturedly, he said with excitement in his voice.
"You mean the phone was on speaker and you heard everything" Dave asked foolishly
"Nelson pls take me home," i told him,.
" This guy called Dave must be a devil, lying against his best friend because of a woman, is he that desperate "i thought about this while we were driving home, where will i start from to beg this guy,i was still thinking when he spoke
" Hope i'm free now, at least you 'll stop condemning me, "he asked
" i' m sorry for the slap and everything, "i told him
He smiled, i'll forgive you on one condition, we'll go out on a dinner, just the two of us,"
"i have plans for tomorrow, i cant go with you," i told him
"that means i wont forgive you yet"
"no problem, it's a deal, i'll go with you." i assured him
He smiled and started playing music, i felt as if something heavy was removed from removed from my body, i was so happy within me, i think i'm falling for this guy, i shoved that thought away immediately.
we chatted as we drove home.
When we got home no one was at home, except the maids, they were busy with their chores.
Nelson suggested we play whot, the house was not bored with him, i enjoyed his company.

The next day i forgot i have a date with Nelson, Chy made me forget my date with him, we dressed and left for the club, it was my first time of meeting Tony, he was a nice guy, he's good looking, they're both madly in love with one another, i envied them, that was also my first time of visiting a club.
I was engrossed in my clubbing that i didnt hear my phone ring, i checked my phone later when we were about leaving and saw 30missed calls from Nelson, then i remembered.
Another wahala for me, what will i tell him,? I cant believe that i forgot my date with Nelson. I hit my head hard.
We returned around 2am,we were so exhausted that we went straight to bed...... We slept till 11am, i missed my early morning sunday service, if this is what clubbing means, then i wont try it again.
We woke up and went straight to greet mummy , but she wasnt there,
"Maybe she has an appointment, Chy said
" Appointment on a Sunday morning?, "i asked Chy looking surprised.
" i dont know where else she would be na, i know service ends by 10am,she's supposed to be home by now.
We went downstairs and ate our food, then went up to clean our room, Chy was arranging her closet when she screamed,
" Oh my God, my pads have finished, how come i didn't know"
"Is that why you're shouting?, tomorrow you buy it na"
"I need to use it now, my flow started this morning," she explained, "let me drive around and check if any supermarket opened today, it will be difficult to find one since today is sunday,"
"let me check mine," i searched for my own but didnt see it, "
what's going", my own has finished too, "i told her
" let me get going before i start smelling, "we laughed, she took her car key and left.
I continued with the cleaning,
" Why are you playing with my heart?, "a voice spoke the question startled me, i turned to see Nelson standing by me.
" playing with your heart? ", i asked him
" Yes, we were supposed to out for dinner yesterday, i cancelled all my appointments just to be with you, you went clubbing without informing me, that was bad of you, am i that irrelevant in your life? ,....... Didn't you see my missed calls?, i called you yesterday, but you ignored my calls, i didnt sleep last night because i was thinking of you "he lamented almost crying, my heart melted for him, i felt sorry for him,
" pls i'm so sorry about that, just that i couldn't disappoint Chy and Tony"
"But you could disappoint me?, i'm going crazy for you, i cant think straight, i've tried so hard to hide the feelings," he confessed
"i dont understand what you're talking about, why are you talking like this" i asked him,
He came closer and held my held, my heart was beating so fast,
"Cant you see it, just look into my eyes pls,"
I looked into his eyes and he was crying," i became scared, his hands were trembling.
"Amaka, i love you, the love i have for you is pure, no woman has pierced through my heart the way you did, i loved you from the first day i set my eyes on you in the village, i was fighting with my emotions, i was angry at myself for falling for you, i took to being rude to you, to know if the feelings would stop but it continued, i've dated many girls in the past but i don't love any of them including Lizzy, i tried my best to love Lizzy but i couldn't,........ I dont need your reply now, pls dont rush yourself, take your time and decide, i'll always respect your decision, even if my love is not reciprocal,i'm ready to wait till eternity for you, just know that i love you so much, "he confessed and left the room.
I was dumbfounded, i couldn't move my legs, i was just reminiscing all he said, drop of tears could be seen in my eyes.i went to one corner of the room and sat down. I couldn't believe Nelson of all people would say all these to me. Love is really strange.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 8:14am On Mar 18, 2017
Wow.... I like the question.. Why are you playing with my heart nice story dear
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
I saw this coming and Mummy Amanda has always wanted this to happen... God bless ur wisdom Marianneada. Wait today na buyday o.. Happy womb escape... In 9ce's voice "Show some Love"

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Marchborn123: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2017
Thanks dr more pls
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:20am On Mar 18, 2017
Wow!!! cool
Love is a beautiful thing.. This is the moment i have been waiting for.. The best couple ever--NELSON AND AMAKAwink

Thank you marianneada for making me happy.. more inspiration and wisdom to you dear #Team nelson all the way
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 8:25am On Mar 18, 2017
Ifecoded:
I saw this coming and Mummy Amanda has always wanted this to happen...
God bless ur wisdom Marianneada.
Wait today na buyday o..
Happy womb escape...
In 9ce's voice "Show some Love"
Hbd.. wishing u success, longlife, gud health, fame and riches.. I would av loved to continue buh buhari has turn us to economistgrin

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 8:31am On Mar 18, 2017
Hadampson:
Hbd.. wishing u success, longlife, gud health, fame and riches.. I would av loved to continue buh buhari has turn us to economistgrin
Thanks a bunch bro.
This one sef don do, I wouldn't have wished for something better, wish u same too.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2017
Ifecoded:
Wait today na buyday o..
Happy womb escape...
Happy Birthday dear, LLNP!.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kally90(f): 8:46am On Mar 18, 2017
wow!!!You really got me there.Nice one.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Crowniey(f): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2017
Nice and interesting. Even though i knew that was gona happen,i dont want it to be too soon. Buh a thumb up for the writer still.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by victorydgirl(f): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2017
marianneada:
welcome to Nairaland dear.
thanks alot
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2017
CONTINUATION
..... "love me?" , i cant even think of dating Nelson, i have so much repect for aunty Amanda, i don't want her feeling that i'm over stepping my boundaries, even if i have feelings for him, for aunty Amanda's sake i'll hide it and try my best to forget about him, i know it will be difficult since we're leaving under the same roof, a thought came to my mind.
Chy returned one hour later with her pad, i had finished cleaning and washing the toilet before she returned.
"nne eh, i suffered to get this pad, thank God i found one, let me shower and change." she entered the bathroom in her towel.
I went down to help with the cooking,i met mummy climbing the staircase slowly and talking quietly yto herself,
"I don't know why this woman wants to destroy my home, a home i suffered so much to build,why is she doing this to me" she lamented, i stood to listen to what she was saying.
"I pray she doesn't disturb me again,i hope the money i gave her today will shut her up" she continued
She entered her room, "who was mum referring to, i hope she's not been blackmailed by anybody, and what would the blackmail be about, is there anything mummy is hiding from us, i was a little bit disturbed, but i waved everything out, i went downstairs to help the maids.

..... ******School has resumed for the second semester, it was an interesting semester, it was filled with social activities,Nelson and i have been cool with each other, no one ever brought up the topic of Love again, he was keeping to his words, he gave me the time to think about it.
We were on our way home after lectures, Chy and i were chatting , i decided to put my plan into action,
"Chy, don't you think it's time we move to the school hostel, mummy is perfectly ok now, we need time for our studies, there're lots of distractions here in the house, sometimes i loose concentration while reading, what do you think?" i asked her
" I've thought about that,but i want to be around when Chizzy and Kingsley returns, let's leave it till next semester, at least we can start house hunting early, i cant stay in the school hostel, "she said
I was so happy to hear that,
" that's very thoughtful of you"
We drove into the compound and saw an airport taxi packed in the compound, i could also hear voices from the living room, Chy called the gate man
"Hey, come over here," she called him, "who packed that car" she asked him
"Oh that car?, Na small oga and small madam,"
"Who be small oga and small madam" she asked him impatiently
"Na oga King and Madam Chizara" she didnt allow him finish when she ran inside the house, i followed her
"where 're my youngies,?," she ran to Chizzy and hugged her, then hugged Kingsley too,
"Oh, my God, i missed you so much, where' s daddy,?, why didnt you call Nelson to pick you up,"
mummy was sitting down with smiles written all over her face,
"Daddy didn't make it,he still have some things to tidy up before returning, we were missing home so much, that we left without him," Chizzy explained
"daddy and work....... , mummy have you called Nelson to inform him of their arrival" she asked mum, we forgot the taxi man was waiting for us,
"madam abeg i wan comot," the taxi man said, we paid him and he left
"Yes dear, i've done that, he's on his way," mummy replied
I greeted them too,we took their bags upstairs to their rooms, mummy was downstairs cooking different delicacies, we could perceive the aroma of what she's cooking.
We were in Chizzy's room helping her to unpack,
"Do you intend going back for your studies?" Chy asked her,
"Noooo, i've decided to buy my jamb form and study here in Nigeria, i've missed home so much that i dont want to return, the same with Kingsley, almost all my friends are studying here in Nigeria," Chizzy said
"i hear you, so which University do you intend to attend," Chy asked her
"Covenant University or Babcock University" Chizzy replied her
"You dont want to come to my school," she asked jokingly
"huh, Are you joking?, UNILAG?, noooo"
"ok ma, you can go to your rich man's school, as for me, i'm satisfied with my UNILAG".
We went downstairs to eat,
Nelson was back, he was with Kingsley chatting, Chizzy ran to him like a baby and hugged him, they were all crying,
"big bro, i missed you, i'm happy to be home" Chizzy told him, he touched her chic
"i missed you too" he responded and gave her a peck
"Children, food is ready," mummy announced
We all rushed to the dining table, we were eating and chatting at the same time, everyone was happy,
" Amaka you're looking so beautiful,i couldn't recognize you again, "Chizzy said
" Funny enough, she's like mummy a little bit,..... Take a look at their chic, "Kingsley said jokingly and we all laughed.
We enjoyed our meal, we went to the living room to watch television, Chizzy was filling our ears with gist,it was getting late, mummy told us to sleep since the kids are exhausted, We retired to our rooms.
" This family is really blessed." i said to myself
The next day, Chy had no lectures, she decided to stay at home with her siblings, she invited her boyfriend over, i had quiz, so I was already dressed for school.
"babe you need to learn how to drive oo, you would've taken my car to school if you could drive, sorry, you have to use a cab to school," she told me
"Yes ma,"
I was leaving the living room when i saw Nelson,
" Where's Chy, ain't she going to school with you," he asked
"Noo, she's free today" i replied him
"i'm almost late, have a nice day," i told him and left
"dont worry i'll drop you at your school,"
"wnt you be late for work"? I asked him
" Dont worry about that, "

He drove me to school,
" So you cant drive, "? He asked me
" Would i have learnt how to drive in the village?, "i asked him
" Sorry ma,..... i'll teach you how to drive, "
I looked at him and laughed
" pls driving is not my priority now"
"Really, no problem, but it's important you learn it, it might be needful one day,"
"ok, you'll teach me, but not now,"
.......... "Do you have plans for this afternoon?, i'll come and pick you up for lunch today, pls dont say no,"
" i'll call you to inform you if i'm free or not "" i told him
I'll be expecting your call, pls dont forget to call me"he told me
He dropped off me in front of my block and drove to work.?
I was thankful to him, he saved me the stress of hopping from one bus stop to another.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by DeraLoveth(f): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
I won't be surprised if at d end Anuty Amanda happens to be d biological mother of Amaka....nice one dear

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by TheBlessedMAN: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ifecoded:
Wait today na buyday o..
Happy womb escape...
Happy Born day.. May ur adminstration live long to accomplish all d budget and campaign promises u made to urself and ur parents in Jesus name.. HBD dear... Welcome to ur BIRTHDAY Dear..

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.