Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo (35545 Views)

MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo / "Aso Rock Juju Has Turned Osinbajo To A Devil" - Ayo Adebanjo / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by kernel501: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
jahsharon:
No, don't get him wrong. What he meant is that he and his fellow elder thiefmen that collected millions from Goatluck Jonathan for the 2015 elections are ready to run away with their families if and when Buhari comes for them. OLD FOOL.

Even if your father is giving more years, he will never win a local government, let alone thinking of state. Your hate can't change a thing.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=jahsharon post=54280676]

Please talk for you people not Yorubas. Let everyone bears his father's name. When Goatluck Jonathan gave you all the positions, you idiots did not ask for Biafra or restructuring, instead you looted our treasury. Now, that the table has turned against you criminals, you are now shouting fowl. You have wasted your time, you can never get it again. Your brother could not divide Nigeria when he was there, you now want Buhari to do that, Your brother could not restruc
which buhari are you talking about ? is like maggot has eaten up your brain.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by bigsmoke2(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
Who is this adebanjo yanning opaks. We the yorubas believe in Nigeria. Our diversity is a strength are and not a weakness we are stronger together. We have no interest in breaking away.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by phynofino: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
ndi ara
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Uncletony(m): 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
jahsharon:
No, don't get him wrong. What he meant is that he and his fellow elder thiefmen that collected millions from Goatluck Jonathan for the 2015 elections are ready to run away with their families if and when Buhari comes for them. OLD FOOL.
Am sorry for u & ur ignorance!!. U think is Nigeria is all abt GEJ & buhari?. Have u ever given any thought about ur future & that of ur unborn kids?!. Am really sorry 4 u.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
They are fulfilled serving Shepherds...
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by ghazab74(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
OYO.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by cstr55: 4:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
Then let them secede on their own, while others do it on their own.
Anybody that depends on these afonjas for a collective action is hanging his foundation on the wind.
They can not be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by felicitywe(m): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
dreamwords:
Which of the Yoruba's do you mean
Because afonjas don't believe in secession ,
In fact they don't believe that self determination is a legal right of individuals
Who told u Afonjas dnt believe in seccession.They r waitn 4 d time wen it will b 97% successfully 4 IPOB then they will start complaining.They r born deceptors,betrayals,untrusted&backstabbers.By toutn seccession nw Afonjas want 2 use it 2 get d presidency 4 Osinbajo.Afonjas r going 2 shortchange d North again.They were VP 1966 to early 70s;President 1975-79;Intremin President 1993;President 1999-2007;Now VP 2015 to 2017.They want 2 be president again.They dont v feeling abut others or d North dat v been shortchange.Afonjas r PROGRESSIVE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by princejayboss: 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
jahsharon:

Please talk for you people not Yorubas. Let everyone bears his father's name. When Goatluck Jonathan gave you all the positions, you idiots did not ask for Biafra or restructuring, instead you looted our treasury. Now, that the table has turned against you criminals, you are now shouting fowl. You have wasted your time, you can never get it again. Your brother could not divide Nigeria when he was there, you now want Buhari to do that, Your brother could not restructure Nigeria when he was there, you now want Buhari to do that. You people must be mad as a result of the drugs you have been trafficking.

Yorubas have the Vice President, Ministers of power, Works, Housing, Information, Solid Minerals, Communications, Health, FIRS and several others. Even about 40% of capital projects in this year's budget through our son Raji Fashola. What else can we ask for? should we tell Buhari to give his wife to Tinubu to show that Yorubas are in charge? My friend, mind you business and go and die in your erosion savaged region.

I have travelled around the world, at least been blessed to have seen 22 countries of the world, had the best education in few but I have never witnessed a country blessed with hate and ignorance like my so called fatherland.

A question for you.... After calling the igbos idiot and asking them to die in their erosion ravaged region; you still expect them to remain in one Nigeria with you? After the hate which simply runs in your blood?

Any sane person who thinks Nigeria is country for the sane people should take a trip out of it; well I guess you are a local champion.

In as much as I do not fancy Nnamdi KANU, but fact is that he has a message that has footprint of truth on them, Nigeria can never be one even at the point of our pretence.

am not just used to commenting here at Nairaland, I am use this platform to know the happenings at home,; but I must be sincere, I am a pro Nigeria disintegration but with peace.

Your problem is wrack history sold to you guys by the British and the northern oligarch; the succeeded in stopping the history study in our schools in the bid to kill the true story.... Take a trip to war museums around the world and you learn the truth about your beloved nation Nigeria.

I own a property in the country I stay which I gave the Nigerian embassy to use anytime they are having conference or independent day celebration, without collecting a dime and have done this for 5years running; ignoring the calls from brothers to give them such space for biafran gathering but after the Fulani heardsmen attacked my village in the east and I waited for any response from the FG but nothing came.

I personally called the Ambassador to a meeting, I told him " Its time we face the reality , am stripping Nigeria the right to my property and giving it to the IPOB " the Ambassador was honorable enough to say this in his words " sir, you have show a true spirit of unity over the years as it is on record at the Embassy archives, we know that as a nation we have not been sincere and helpful to the Igbo extract, but more disheartening that we are losing a very big voice that can help to keep the broken wall togetber ; though we hope you reconsider your stand in true spirit of patriotism "

So son if you any integrity in you, stop being foolish rather be a realist to understand that Nigeria is the worst nation under God.

Go back to the history book son

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by zanga420: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
jahsharon:
so you guys insult your elders?
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by str8talk1: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
dragonking2:
Who will go after Buhari the chief thief?

Can I get a scan copy of this Buhari's story for publication on our Facebook page?

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Saintp(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
chloedogie:
Job 32:4-8. All these old papas self but I've learnt never to speak against age but the rate at which all ds old folks are just wishing this country bad is alarming. As they are speaking, we the younger ones too will be speaking positive things to this great nation Nigeria. We are ONE and we will with the love of God and respect we have for each other be a great one nation. UNITY is our keyword. God bless NIgeria.

It is not about wishing the country bad or saying positive things, it is about facing reality. Since we have been preaching unity, have we heard any result?
As a country we need to go back to our foundation and solve our structural problems so that everyone will be happy to live together and make this country great. Since these old men were part of the present problems, it is not bad for them to help correct it now.
If we keep pretending that all is well with this country and don't solve our problems now, our children will inherit a bad country and this will be injustice to them.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by felicitywe(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
cstr55:
Then let them secede on their own, while others do it on their own.
Anybody that depends on these afonjas for a collective action is hanging his foundation on the wind.
They can not be trusted.
Honestly this mistrust,betrayal,gossip,abuse,stealing among Afonjas v become a big concern in d Nigerian polity.In my office one just exhibited these xteristics.We r nw askn at what time d Afonjas society became lk dat.I knw it predates late cheif Awo but civilizatn is suppose 2 v wipe d attitude frm dem.Awo betrayed Ojukwu,Obasanjo betrayed Awo,Akinjide betrayed Awo,Tinubu betrayed GEJ,Fashola,Amosun,Fayemi betrayed Tinubu,Mimiko betrays anyone dat comes his way.Even in ur offices,businesses,sch etc u v been betrayed by one Afonja once or twice.Why r they llk dat?why has educatn&civilizatn changed dese attitude?Ghanains will tell u Kwame Nkrumah's experience with Awo.It s baffling!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
jahsharon:

Please talk for you people not Yorubas. Let everyone bears his father's name. When Goatluck Jonathan gave you all the positions, you idiots did not ask for Biafra or restructuring, instead you looted our treasury. Now, that the table has turned against you criminals, you are now shouting fowl. You have wasted your time, you can never get it again. Your brother could not divide Nigeria when he was there, you now want Buhari to do that, Your brother could not restructure Nigeria when he was there, you now want Buhari to do that. You people must be mad as a result of the drugs you have been trafficking.

Yorubas have the Vice President, Ministers of power, Works, Housing, Information, Solid Minerals, Communications, Health, FIRS and several others. Even about 40% of capital projects in this year's budget through our son Raji Fashola. What else can we ask for? should we tell Buhari to give his wife to Tinubu to show that Yorubas are in charge? My friend, mind you business and go and die in your erosion savaged region.

No sense made but a rant.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Reading your comment shows the level of ignorance that still exist in Nigeria.
First who told you I was personally happy that Johnathan failed to restructure Nigeria?
The political class who benefit from the treasury are comfortable with the status quo. Do you see any of them as members of IPOB? But has the poor masses been benefited? NO.

Second, you don't know the meaning of budget. For your information, only about 30% of budget if not less has been implemented in Nigeria in the last 15 years. Ikeja electricity just announced 1month power outage, go and check the money budgeted for power.

Do you think my comment is out of hatred for Yorubas? You have an elder state man who know Nigerian history more than you calling for a break and a baby like you is here talking gibberish. What happens when Yoruba's lose their positions in future elections? You will start protest for restructuring?

Wisdom is indeed not cheap. Should we always use Lagos progress to judge events in Nigeria? What of other states where people are suffering. In fact I'm sorry for u.

You don't need to pay ignoramus like him any mind. He is fathoms deep in ignorance.
Safe for a quick restructuring, i can't see anything stopping disintigeration of Nigeria..
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by blazhykowskyi(m): 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
thuggCheetah:

Ermmm Mr. Intelligent Yoruba Muslim, I cannot answer that question because d secession attempt has not yet ended as u can see
I would have answered u if I could see d future
Masha Allah!

osu now you see that your flat headed blother was laughable.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
ZombieKilla:
Yorubas are the chief proponents of one Nigeria ..... They can't survive alone, like a leach they need a host.. Doubt me

Open a biafran thread now and see them invade it like their lives depends on it
Begging for unity.....

Even a Yoruba have openly said he will rather die than see nnamdi kanu set free to fight for the biafran freedom

Wisdom and common sense aren't cheap..
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by TexasR: 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
I have said it before and I will say it again and again and again.

The Yorubas really need to get more aggressive like the Igbos in demanding for a restructured Nigeria. You do not get anything tangible speaking to media demanding A or B and expecting a listening ear for a stubborn people like the North.

The northerners have used their military prowess 2ru coup and counter coup to consolidate political and military advantage in Nigeria. quite unfortunate the country has refused to work.

If Yorubas understand what they have, they will not be longing for a united Nigeria. Insulting IPOB members is simply a display of Ignorance. I have started hearing rumors on Northern moves to frustrate Osinbajo. This is the problem with Nigeria.

The only way is for Igbos and Yorubas to sue for a break up. I bet you, the North will call for a round table discussion, their best bet will be a restructured Nigeria.

You cannot sell at a good bargain if you do not place your price high. Especially when trying to sell to an sturbon aroro customer.

You're really a special adviser

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by freeborn76(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
kernel501:

We've never needed you. We made it clear we need Biafra, but you can't sleep with the thought that you wouldnt amount to anything without us.
Your fathers fought with their last drop of blood, just to have the Igbos as part of Nigeria.
You will never stop begging us to stay in Nigeria.

We don't need you! Buzz off!
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by chiedu7: 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
freeborn76:

Beg una? Keep deceiving yourselves...some of us are actually fasting and praying for you guys to buzz off!

There is a whole thread where una dey beg us not to leave. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2792995/nairaland-says-no-secessionists
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by freeborn76(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
chiedu7:

There is a whole thread where una dey beg us not to leave. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2792995/nairaland-says-no-secessionists

Like I said, keep deceiving yourselves
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by felicitywe(m): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=Toro4u post=54296135][/quote] U r so funny&full of lies.When GEJ was in power MASSOB was active even hijacking Enugu Broadcasting.And Biafra flags were flying very high in d Southeast.So stop sayn d Southeast refused 2 agitate 4 Biafra or breakway under GEJ.Rather GEJ was d saving grace of Nigeria.Why wud u lie dat d Southeast stole money during GEJ gvt.Name d person pls.Olisa Meyuh was PDP publicity man.Do u knww dat Obasanjo hot 2 cars frm GEJ?Do u knw d Pastor Adegboye was fingered in money laudering by one of d bank's CEOs kicked out by Sanusi.History:Awo is d first oil theif in Nigeria.D money he stole was wat he used in 1979 election which he cam,paigned wt helicopter.Awo brought money bag politics follow by another of ur brother Abiola.What happened 2 ITT in d 70s.Ask Obasanjo&Abiola.NEPA&NITEL were crippled by ur ppl as civil servant&as directors.Wat abut Aviation?Funsho Kukpoluko crippled NNPC.As i speak tell me wat yorubas offer 2 d country other dan stealing frm d treasury.pls tell me.They wnt to sit and appropriate resources 2 demselves.Pls dont ever popen ur mouth 2 say wat u dnt kwn bc i will open history 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by kingzizzy: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
hollyray2016:

lol! if Yorubas decide to leave Nigeria who can stop us we are not Igbo, reminder!

You could be right. When Igbos left Nigeria for Biafra, Nigeria came to fight for 3 years to bring Igbos back into Nigeria

If Yorubas leave Nigeria, nobody is going to fight to bring them back as no one considers them important.

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Obiwiz(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
ZombieKilla:
Yorubas are the chief proponents of one Nigeria ..... They can't survive alone, like a leach they need a host.. Doubt me

Open a biafran thread now and see them invade it like their lives depends on it
Begging for unity.....

Even a Yoruba have openly said he will rather die than see nnamdi kanu set free to fight for the biafran freedom
Exactly what I think. I think a lot of things could go south for the west if there's disintegration. My thoughts though
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by JuneOctober(f): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
thuggCheetah:
who can stop us??
Our Yoruba skulls seriously think Hausa fulanis are on our side??
DAT is wat awolowo was thinking
Dat is wat afonja was thinking
Dat is probably wat tinubu was thinking
D day we go ever learn lesson ehn..
C our kpomo chewing ak47 mouths like "who can stop us" grin
Self deception will take u no where!!

grin stop looking for trouble up and down.
Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by backtosender: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
Who is taking Yoruba serious might as well drive to ojuelegba and pick up one ashawo kobo kobo,and then trust her the same way you trust Yoruba people try and give her your key safe and go to bed.....tomorrow when u wake up Na AFONJA you go shout tire

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by Obiwiz(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nukualofa:
Has any of those position made your life better?

Boy, grow up
And he didn't give the reason(s) why despite the huge "budgetary favor", a growing number of their young boys/men are embracing cyber fraud(yahoo) as a means of livelihood. I just wonder what their next generation will look like.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo by blazhykowskyi(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2017
felicitywe:
Honestly this mistrust,betrayal,gossip,abuse,stealing among Afonjas v become a big concern in d Nigerian polity.In my office one just exhibited these xteristics.We r nw askn at what time d Afonjas society became lk dat.I knw it predates late cheif Awo but civilizatn is suppose 2 v wipe d attitude frm dem.Awo betrayed Ojukwu,Obasanjo betrayed Awo,Akinjide betrayed Awo,Tinubu betrayed GEJ,Fashola,Amosun,Fayemi betrayed Tinubu,Mimiko betrays anyone dat comes his way.Even in ur offices,businesses,sch etc u v been betrayed by one Afonja once or twice.Why r they llk dat?why has educatn&civilizatn changed dese attitude?Ghanains will tell u Kwame Nkrumah's experience with Awo.It s baffling!
you osus just use words without knowing it's meaning.
what do you know about betrayal? how did these people betray one another? how did tinubu betray gej? are they in the same political party? if aspiring for an office is what you mean by betrayal then I'm sorry for you children of slaves. awo told the Nigerian govt that the Yoruba would go if igbos are allowed to go and igbos have not gone. so how is that betrayal? you really need to get hold of your emotions. Yorubas are way smarter than you osus that you can not comprehend our wisdom. this is what you term betrayal.

tell me if igbos don't betray one another. are some people not betraying kanu presently? did Jonathan not betray Yoruba? did Buhari not betray tinubu? did Ojukwu not betray ibos?.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun / Shan George Blasts Buhari For Claiming To Be Poor / Prince Arthur Eze Dances To Cultural Music With Amazing Steps (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.