Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) (62003 Views)

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” / Full Profile Of His Royal Highness Prof. James Ayatse. Tor Tiv The Fifth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Coolgent(m): 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
If na Dangote do am wetin they go do?
Maybthe guy want to clear any formof juju on tor tiv seat
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
Make una free this guy abeg. The new king started the abomination when he refused to worship their traditional god.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by BlackMbakara1(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Take them to court, it's not binding on our constitution. lol
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Justicealh3(m): 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
End time Exile.....
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by gbaskiboy: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Igbos:
Police cannot even spell 'detainee"
I think the Guy's action was in protest.
hahahaha you dey see bro
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Codes151(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.
its what had made us who we are! If u don't appreciate it who will?? Even outsiders trip in to see the traditions we have! U should say we change some not abolish it! Being backward has nothing to do with tradition
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by haulagehandlers(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Integrityfarms:
I don't seem to get the correlation between anointing of traditional stool by Christians when the ruler meant to be seating on hat seat is a custodian of the Tor Tiv tradition.

Isn't this confusion? Why not allow Caesar take full possession of his heritage? Do Christianity and traditional beliefs coexist ?
Emperor Constantine comes to mind,you see Christianity has always romanced royalty.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Gkay1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
respect tradition, stop talking about what you don't know.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by IslamicRebel01: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
haulagehandlers:
Emperor Constantine comes to mind,you see Christianity has always romanced royalty.

Musliom fools.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Butterworth: 5:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
mu2sa2:
No one has the right to banish a citizen of Nigeria from any part of the country. If the man has committed any offence he should be charged to court, but the traditional council has no legal authority to ban the him from tiv land. They are just bluffing. The man should ignore them.

You must wake up from this delusion.

Nigeria is a contraption, many nations like Igbo, Hausa/Fulani , Yoruba and the rest were forced to stay together.

We still have our individual culture, tradition and laws that we will never abolish just because a whitman called us Nigeria.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by haulagehandlers(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
IslamicRebel01:

Musliom fools.
I beg your pardon?
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by phreakabit(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
mu2sa2:
No one has the right to banish a citizen of Nigeria from any part of the country. If the man has committed any offence he should be charged to court, but the traditional council has no legal authority to ban the him from tiv land. They are just bluffing. The man should ignore them.

I'd like to agree with you, but have you ever heard about the term customary law, which just so happens to be part of our legal system here in NIGERIA?
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by mu2sa2: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
phreakabit:

I'd like to agree with you, but have you ever heard about the term customary law, which just so happens to be part of our legal system here in NIGERIA?
Customary law rules cannot override provisions of the constitution. I am not condoning what the guy did, but the traditional council acted wrongly.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by DAramis: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
chiedu7:

Jesus did not come to amend the law but to fulfil it.

Matthew 5:17 [Full Chapter]
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

No wonder dem dey fool you.
Maybe na Zimbabwe Bible the guy the use.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Cyriloha(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

Abi oooo fast forward it now okay x16
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by mjabdulk: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
let him go to court, there is no place in the nigerian constitution for traditional rulers to banish anybody because he sat or will be sitting on their throne.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by ifyan(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
mu2sa2:
The traditional council is being lawless by seeking to exercise powers it doesn't have. The constitution guarantees freedom of movement and the tradition council cannot prevent anyone from enjoying his constitutional right.

What of his offence
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
I wonder what the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has to say about that. undecided
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

You are senseless
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by LockDown69(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
The guy don alter the jazz be that.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by durasome(m): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
Do you really come from a community? Every land has its law,in mine if you kill a kinsman you will go to exile.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by str8talk1: 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lubbish!!!!
Is there any law in Nigeria that gave power to these a$$ holes to banish anyone?

Just making common sense.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Shaballantin(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
Integrityfarms:
I don't seem to get the correlation between anointing of traditional stool by Christians when the ruler meant to be seating on hat seat is a custodian of the Tor Tiv tradition.

Isn't this confusion? Why not allow Caesar take full possession of his heritage? Do Christianity and traditional beliefs coexist ?
last tym I checked d Tiv nation wz not a property of Caesar
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by senitorspeaker(m): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hahahahahaha banishing still dey exist this days? Omo com Lag hustle well get money. 5yrs time go back to d so call TiV Land and take a title.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by terrence12(m): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

I would call you an idiot Buhh I ain't gonn do it....all dis city born, spoilt, cultureless, clueless, tribeless mofos....smh u nd ur type are d reason we r backward
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by VeniJu: 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
obafemee80:
Very lucky man.. He would have became a stone in some tribes in nigeria
No be only ''Became'' na Begonetongue
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Vokians(m): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Maybe the man had a bet with somebody "that he can sit on the throne". He must be regreting his action by now.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by phreakabit(m): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
mu2sa2:
Customary law rules cannot override provisions of the constitution. I am not condoning what the guy did, but the traditional council acted wrongly.

Like I said, I agree with you. . .
However, customary law plays and integral part of our legal system and is paramount where applicable.
It's all a system based on evenly balancing the scale, so as to maintain sanity.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Shaballantin(m): 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
mjabdulk:
let him go to court, there is no place in the nigerian constitution for traditional rulers to banish anybody because he sat or will be sitting on their throne.
failing to greet ya popsy is not an offenz buy ya popsy can so so punish ya life n u CNT sue him kabish*
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Max24: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
obafemee80:
Very lucky man..
He would have become a stone in some tribes in nigeria
Stone ko, marble ni. If he could do it in Tiv land it can happen anywhere else. Didn't Sango get his powers from Tiv people. his mothers side?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / The Beauty Of Yoruba Brides And Women In Aso Ebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.