Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) (61999 Views)

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” / Full Profile Of His Royal Highness Prof. James Ayatse. Tor Tiv The Fifth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by 1metre: 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.
so we should abolish African traditional religion and imbibe western culture?
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by DEWKID(m): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
sekundosekundo:

My caretaker in Lagos years back really maltreated me, forced me to sleep in toilets and wet foams. I really saw HELL in this man's hand. At the end, he pushed me out of his house after collecting all the cloths he bought for me, I was left with only one cloth on me. He made a statement that brought the best out of me, hear him; "Sekundo, I don't want to see you in my house again, IF AT ALL YOU WILL MAKE IT IN LIFE WHICH I DOUBT, IF YOU SEE ME IN YOUR HOUSE USE BROOM AND SWEEP ME AWAY". As an orphan, This statement made me to be strong in life. But in all God proved him wrong and blessed me beyond measure. When he saw the blessings of God upon me, he invited me to his house and tender apology.

I pray that this guy will be encouraged by this banishing and become great in life.

wow so touching i'm in this situation now too but not that i'm suffering under someone but i abandoned my education to shame the devil and i'll come back for my education some day

anyway is this a wc

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/p7ho99wtqpuv4mxlsvcvumkhyy01m1ab1436958[/img]
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by yedidiah(m): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
probably wanted to take a selfie
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by mexxmoney: 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
This banishment is not legal.The constitution guarantees freedom of movement and association. The man has not commuted any offence against the only supreme law we have in Nigeria (the constitution). I don't know why despite all our education and exposure, we still choose to remain an archaic and backward people
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by sekundosekundo: 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2017
DEWKID:

wow so touching i'm in this situation now too but not that i'm suffering under someone but i abandoned my education to shame the devil and i'll come back for my education some day

anyway is this a wc

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/p7ho99wtqpuv4mxlsvcvumkhyy01m1ab1436958[/img]

@ WC, yes.

Just keep your hands clean and avoid women and bad friends.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by allaboutobed(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
.............. the Pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, president in Benue, Bishop Mike Agou, led other men of God to annoint and rededicate the Stool.........

dedicate it to who

mixing juju n God together
dem try.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by dkingsman82(m): 7:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Why will the police be involved,let alone arresting him
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by NaWetinDey(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

For your information, UK's queen is sitting on a traditional stool. And if any Brit makes the daring move of doing what this man did, he will receive a worse punishment.

Maybe he will be the future ruler, nobody knows. Only the spirits can tell.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by godwin9508: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.
y will u be thinking like a ant hw can they abolish traditional rule, take a look at queen of england is she not a traditional ruler also nd she control up to four country so wat r u sayin
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by AkinPhysicist: 8:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

When will Japan, England, France, Germany, Holland and the rest of Europe abolish traditional rule?[b][/b]
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by DEWKID(m): 8:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
sekundosekundo:

@ WC, yes.

Just keep your hands clean and avoid women and bad friends.

you are so true this is what they've been telling me my dad my senior broda my uncle, aunts its just this thank you

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by ChibisiIleagu(m): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.

I think you lack some sense in ur brain
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by ChibisiIleagu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
They for Abolish him to evil forest..
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by ChibisiIleagu(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
allaboutobed:
.............. the Pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, president in Benue, Bishop Mike Agou, led other men of God to annoint and rededicate the Stool.........

dedicate it to who

mixing juju n God together
dem try.

Some of u dat dont knw dia roots wil b talking rubbish..
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by LadiGama(m): 8:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tazdroid:
I thought the banishment would have been to an evil forest grin grin

So, the anointment of traditional positions of authority is now conducted by PFN? Strange
Strange indeed!
Afrikaan tradition cum western tradition.
It's a brutal combination... lolz

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Deilluminator(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
unitysheart:
Legally, they are joking. Traditionally, they may not be joking if they back their threats up with diabolical means of punishment.

The constitution supercedes any rubbish pronouncement of theirs.

But I'm miffed by the part that says pastors rededicated the stool. What has darkness gotten to do with light, according to their Bible? Who is deceiving who?
Where is the darkness? Or what are you saying? The man that refused to be sworn in through traditional means except the Bible? Is that what you call light and darkness? Are there no kings in the Bible? It appears you didn't follow the story.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Kiakia(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
mu2sa2:
No one has the right to banish a citizen of Nigeria from any part of the country. If the man has committed any offence he should be charged to court, but the traditional council has no legal authority to ban the him from tiv land. They are just bluffing. The man should ignore them.
You are right. It is illegal and unconstitutional to banish a citizen from his land of birth or from anywhere for that matter. If the young man committed any offence known to law, he should be charged to court. If sitting on the stool of Tor Tiv is an offence under the criminal code, he should accordingly be arraingned for that. The traditional council goofed big time.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Kiakia(m): 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
Richy4:
Do they still banish people....I thought it was an olden days thing...He can only be ostracized by the community...not Banishment....
They cannot even ostracize him. It is illegal and unconstitutional to do so.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by unitysheart(m): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
Deilluminator:
Where is the darkness? Or what are you saying? The man that refused to be sworn in through traditional means except the Bible? Is that what you call light and darkness? Are there no kings in the Bible? It appears you didn't follow the story.

Go and read your Bible and see how the Christianity era at the beginning was no part of the world.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by jerrymej(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
Come to Lagos and start a fresh life
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Iyou: 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
Traditional stool in Tivland has Changed from what we knew it to be(Diabolical) to a new and modern way.The monarch as a christian has accepted the position to help return the land to God......Gone are the days of darkness.Though it may not go well with others, that is what is on the ground now:::::the bible says when the righteous are on the throne tHe people rejoice,the land/nation hope to rejoice now.

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by charlesucheh(m): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
They said the throne was consecrated by men of God abi? So why couldn't they just leave the man to be judged by GOD? This kind of conflict is really getting me all worked up! I smell a kind of religious camouflage to cover up the " SWEM" symbol! Who are we deceiving? Long live the Traditional head! I still reserve my respect!
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by akigbemaru: 12:56am On Mar 06, 2017
BARBARIC era tradition and when would the foools WAKE UP?
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by castrokins(m): 1:10am On Mar 06, 2017
It Is Not, Sir.

Is China Backward? No

Have They Abolished Traditional Rule/Kingdoms? No

Is Britain Backward? No

Have They Abolished The British Monarchy? No.

Find Another Excuse For Nigeria's Backwardness, Please.

carzola:
When would Nigeria
Abolish traditional rule
In this country its one
Of the major reasons
We are backward in life.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by 2016v2017: 4:57am On Mar 06, 2017
mu2sa2:
No one has the right to banish a citizen of Nigeria from any part of the country. If the man has committed any offence he should be charged to court, but the traditional council has no legal authority to ban the him from tiv land. They are just bluffing. The man should ignore them.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by 2016v2017: 5:01am On Mar 06, 2017
KenModi:
Can this man please get a human rights lawyer...or can any lawyer pick up his case?

Yes his act was against TIV tradition, but the days of absolute monarchy are long gone.

Did the traditional council give him a fair trial? Was he given the oppotunity to defend himself; to explain the reasons for his actions?

Thank God the United Nations Human Rights Declaration takes precedence over any traditional council.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by 2016v2017: 5:02am On Mar 06, 2017
Integrityfarms:
I don't seem to get the correlation between anointing of traditional stool by Christians when the ruler meant to be seating on hat seat is a custodian of the Tor Tiv tradition.

Isn't this confusion? Why not allow Caesar take full possession of his heritage? Do Christianity and traditional beliefs coexist ?
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by 2016v2017: 5:07am On Mar 06, 2017
unitysheart:
Legally, they are joking. Traditionally, they may not be joking if they back their threats up with diabolical means of punishment.

The constitution supercedes any rubbish pronouncement of theirs.

But I'm miffed by the part that says pastors rededicated the stool. What has darkness gotten to do with light, according to their Bible? Who is deceiving who?
well said.
I am also worried that the PFN didn't plead on his behalf and intervene in the abolishment ,as the stand to be Christ ambassadors

1 Like

Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by alaskido(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2017
This country is truly confused. Where is it written in the Nigerian constitution that one cannot sit on a stool, chair or throne for just 2 seconds to test the chair if it is good and strong enough for the king. grin grin

If this young man becomes very rich and famous in the future, they will be looking for him to come and develop the state or even become the governor. The stone the builder refused will become the chief corner stone one day.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by carzola(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

When will Japan, England, France, Germany, Holland and the rest of Europe abolish traditional rule?[b][/b]
all this counties you mention have one monarchy.. We have over 30 in Nigeria alone. We have village heads.. Glad heads.. Etc.
Re: Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) by Deilluminator(m): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
unitysheart:

Go and read your Bible and see how the Christianity era at the beginning was no part of the world.
You are the one that have not read well. The origin of kingship, where does it come from.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Olori Ajoke Adeyemi: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife Pictured In NYSC Uniform / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / The Beauty Of Yoruba Brides And Women In Aso Ebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.