Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38260 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2007
lewa:

It's going to be tough for Koro or whatever the thug's name to win-if he does i see a worse rendition of Tinubu's reign!The chap is a glorified urchin, that is the problem of politics in Nigeria to day-i wonder where the civil and mature ones are?PDP is a bandwagon of rogues,kleptocrats,killers, bandits and the like.Apart from Cross River where have they governed well?. Not endorsing AC/AD/PPA/DPA or whatever 3-letter alphabets they go by either

Preach on brova.Tell dem oh
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2007
one little correction, he wasn't the first to declare. on to KORO being a thug, it seems like you guys have forgotten the realities of the majority in our country talk less Lagos State. Majority of our people our impoverished, low level of education, unemployed and so on. Because an educated man such as KORO can identify with them doesn't make him a thug. He was in the same shoes growing up, and had to fend for him. He sold apoti (stools) round the streets of Lagos Island after school during his childhood, and he had friends who sold eggs and so on. With determination to succeed in life, he made moves, got a clerical job at UBA, seized the opportunity to study abroad hence his two degrees. So you can call him a thug all you want, I like that. A man in touch with the real people, a man who can mingle with all sorts be it the rich, be it the poor. Like they say, dont hate the player, hate the game. That boy is good at what he does.

This is a man passionate about Lagos State, he's not here to joke. Fashola keeps preaching continuity, continuity of WHAT seriously continuity of what? We need a change. A man determined to run a Franklin Delano Roosevelt type of Government. If you want to talk on issues, lets talk my brother, and I'll give you his stance on EVERY one. is it health, environment( we all know how dirty lagos is), security, u name it. u got it.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 14, 2007
preach on brova
llcoolg05:

one little correction, he wasn't the first to declare. on to KORO being a thug, it seems like you guys have forgotten the realities of the majority in our country talk less Lagos State. Majority of our people our impoverished, low level of education, unemployed and so on. Because an educated man such as KORO can identify with them doesn't make him a thug. He was in the same shoes growing up, and had to fend for him. He sold apoti (stools) round the streets of Lagos Island after school during his childhood, and he had friends who sold eggs and so on. With determination to succeed in life, he made moves, got a clerical job at UBA, seized the opportunity to study abroad hence his two degrees. So you can call him a thug all you want, I like that. A man in touch with the real people, a man who can mingle with all sorts be it the rich, be it the poor. Like they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. That boy is good at what he does.

This is a man passionate about Lagos State, he's not here to joke. Fashola keeps preaching continuity, continuity of WHAT seriously continuity of what? We need a change. A man determined to run a Franklin Delano Roosevelt type of Government. If you want to talk on issues, lets talk my brother, and I'll give you his stance on EVERY one. is it health, environment( we all know how dirty lagos is), security, u name it. u got it.

preach on ma broda,let them understand what they dont know.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2007
llcoolg05:

one little correction, he wasn't the first to declare. on to KORO being a thug, it seems like you guys have forgotten the realities of the majority in our country talk less Lagos State. Majority of our people our impoverished, low level of education, unemployed and so on. Because an educated man such as KORO can identify with them doesn't make him a thug. He was in the same shoes growing up, and had to fend for him. He sold apoti (stools) round the streets of Lagos Island after school during his childhood, and he had friends who sold eggs and so on. With determination to succeed in life, he made moves, got a clerical job at UBA, seized the opportunity to study abroad hence his two degrees. So you can call him a thug all you want, I like that. A man in touch with the real people, a man who can mingle with all sorts be it the rich, be it the poor. Like they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. That boy is good at what he does.

Whos d man den?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by ballergy(f): 10:40pm On Feb 14, 2007
i really commends all the talks and comments, but franticaly speaking, the man i would have loved to rule Lagos state is JIMI AGBAJE.
He got all it takes to be the next governor, he is calm, resourceful, articulated, infact he is all in one.
but i pray the godfatherism in politiks doesnt come to play.
i reallly respect and appreciate his person.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for the teary biography on Koro! cry.The guy never sponsored any bill on the Senate floor and besides what opportunities did he create for the youths of Lagos Central as Senator apart fro the regular hand outs he dished out to them.The chap as far as i am concerned is a thug!His party PDP is a bandwagon of fellow wayfarers,a colloquium of kleptocratic asinine criminals who constantly and consistently have demonstrated their aptitude for thuggery, murder,banditry and are bereft of concrete ideas on nation building!Mind you the opposition ain't any better, just one or two notches behind the greatest plague ever to befall us!So it's now he knows Lagos is dirty, what were his contributions as commissioner?You mention FDR,ARE YOU COMPARING?
We both know with the benefit of hindsight that politicians of today not only lack ideology(Lagos for example with ex-commissioners cross-carpeting as if there's no tomorrow),but are out to pillage,rule roughshod over the electorate and impoverish those yet unborn.Koro like so many of his fellow aspirants care less about sanitation, healthcare or education!Don't sell that message here please!Lagos is an eyesore, and it's quite pitiful that those with real issueson solving the myriad of problems that state faces are yet to arise. I sincerely wish you luck as you share the election money doled out by your principal,(if you get your share that is)and for those that would be bought paraga and igbo to cause trouble good luck!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by llcoolg05: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2007
@ Lewa, Koro's was awarded the most passionate Senator for his state, here are bills he moved

A motion on the surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along the bar beach shoreline( collaborative efforts between Federal Government and Lagos State, b4 Tinubu shut things down and decided not to work with the FG again. KORO still got them the federal government support financially sha, and as you can see alot of work as been done to that area. THANK YOU KORO)

A motion to stop the incessant increment in the pump prices of petroleum products (Motion blocked we all know why)

A motion calling for the rescue of Lagos State from the menace of flood

Don't let me bore you with motions, you ask what he did for the youths, too much my guy more than any Senator can boast of. He as an empowerment program, where he has done the following:

18000 text books for secondary schools across the state

5000 copies of 40 simple ways to study and prepare for exams for Secondary school students

700,000 notebooks shared across the state schools free for students

1,300 GCE forms for indigent students

Now the most impressive, a N4,000,000 scholarship for indigent students to fund education

So again when we talk, lets have information before jugding. This man is Senator, and he has been able to do these sides projects, imagine him as Governor. I only highlighted what he has done for the youths on education which is priority for our youths. Again I like when people call him a Thug. A man in touch with his people is who we decide to call thugs which is what I think we need.

Now on the money, I work for the Nigerian Liquified Natural Gas, so its not a money issue for me, I'm doing very well more myself. I'm just very concerened about the state, and I believe that's the man up to the task as far as LAGOS state is concerned.

As for FDR, thats one of KORO's Idle and dats the model government he wants to run. A government full of activity. Lagos is similar to the condition the US was in during the great depression in the 1930's, which led to the New Deal Era, loads n loads of government intervention to uplift the moral, financial, physical situaitons of the people. I believe KORO and no other can do dat.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2007
illcoolg05 thank u very much for educating them.everyone just comes on the internet and says watever they feel without going to find out the real thing.anyway thanks again for educating them.
come u must have been following koros progress for a wyle cos u knw a lot about the guy.anyway KORO 4 GOV

lewa:

Thanks for the teary biography on Koro! cry.The guy never sponsored any bill on the Senate floor and besides what opportunities did he create for the youths of Lagos Central as Senator apart fro the regular hand outs he dished out to them.The chap as far as i am concerned is a thug!His party PDP is a bandwagon of fellow wayfarers,a colloquium of kleptocratic asinine criminals who constantly and consistently have demonstrated their aptitude for thuggery, murder,banditry and are bereft of concrete ideas on nation building!Mind you the opposition ain't any better, just one or two notches behind the greatest plague ever to befall us!So it's now he knows Lagos is dirty, what were his contributions as commissioner?You mention FDR,ARE YOU COMPARING?
We both know with the benefit of hindsight that politicians of today not only lack ideology(Lagos for example with ex-commissioners cross-carpeting as if there's no tomorrow),but are out to pillage,rule roughshod over the electorate and impoverish those yet unborn.Koro like so many of his fellow aspirants care less about sanitation, healthcare or education!Don't sell that message here please!Lagos is an eyesore, and it's quite pitiful that those with real issueson solving the myriad of problems that state faces are yet to arise. I sincerely wish you luck as you share the election money doled out by your principal,(if you get your share that is)and for those that would be bought paraga and igbo to cause trouble good luck!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2007
18000 text books for secondary schools across the state

5000 copies of 40 simple ways to study and prepare for exams for Secondary school students

700,000 notebooks shared across the state schools free for students

1,300 GCE forms for indigent students

Now the most impressive, a N4,000,000 scholarship for indigent students to fund education

Mr, after 4 years as senator and after over a decade as a politician it's only this meager things he can do for ducation.only help 1300 indigent students for GCE/NECO forms?Haba!So how much do notebooks cost?. By the way how many secondary schools to start with fall under his senatorial district?How many post secondary students writing JAMB OR SSCE/NECO have benefited from this largess-1300?What of economic empowerment as regards those wanting to learn a trade,wanting capital to start a trade?
How many jobs as he procured for those in his district?I was privileged to be with Senator Arthur Francis Nzeribe with some friends some years back and to my surprise the chap excused himself to receive certain job seekers from his district and right in our presence set to work by calling favors up. I asked him whether this was his practice later and he replied in affirmative that he was indebted to those that have been sending him to the legislature for years. Sorry about my narrative that was a senator that was active. Now there are questions concerning his invidious character though!
Bros those measly numbers of textbooks don't count at all?What of science equipment?How many has he donated?
Your so called scholarship fund probably started not a a result of his generosity, but due to the electioneering process!How many has he sent to tertiary institutions, how many as he helped pay their fees?Instead we or you rather mention one or two textbooks-
etc!Gimme a break boy!
So again when we talk, lets have information before jugding. This man is Senator, and he has been able to do these sides projects, imagine him as Governor. I only highlighted what he has done for the youths on education which is priority for our youths. Again I like when people call him a Thug. A man in touch with his people is who we decide to call thugs which is what I think we need.

What info?Do you think i don't have a clue as to what's going on?Do you call buying notebooks projects?People amaze me though-!You can't obviously sell his guy!
Now on the money, I work for the Nigerian Liquified Natural Gas, so its not a money issue for me, I'm doing very well more myself. I'm just very concerned about the state, and I believe that's the man up to the task as far as LAGOS state is concerned.
Good for you!Happy though. Concerning your prophesy as per him being the best for the state, i suggest you go wash your eyes again!
As for FDR, thats one of KORO's Idle and that is the model government he wants to run. A government full of activity. Lagos is similar to the condition the US was in during the great depression in the 1930's, which led to the New Deal Era, loads n loads of government intervention to uplift the moral, financial, physical situaitons of the people. I believe KORO and no other can do th
Seems as if you know obviously little concerning FDR, his charm,personae and intellectual acumen!Also it's obvious that your homework as regards the depression in the 1930's in USA to the situation in Lagos is deficient. Go read up and we could critique our different views!If your principal as FDR as his idol, i suppose by way of transference some of FDR's ideals should be enobbled him him. But, alas what do we have-a street urchin, area boy,paraga buying and igbo smoking thug consorting with fellow misfits as friends and companions!
Do you know the difference between a bill and a motion?Are you familiar with parliamentary procedures?
Your principal never sponsored anything into law,no senatorial input at all!To help you incase you don't know-for example the child rights bill ehich forbids child trafficking and abuse, the police act which provides for special prosecutors apart from the police to try cases, ICPC act-establishing ICPC.ETC!
motion on the surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along the bar beach shoreline( collaborative efforts between Federal Government and Lagos State, before Tinubu shut things down and decided not to work with the FG again. KORO still got them the federal government support financially sha, and as you can see alot of work as been done to that area. THANK YOU KORO)

A motion to stop the incessant increment in the pump prices of petroleum products (Motion blocked we all know why)

A motion calling for the rescue of Lagos State from the menace of flood

Don't let me bore you with motions, you ask what he did for the youths, too much my guy more than any Senator can boast of. :

What you posted is nothing bro!Motions to stop flooding, motion for area boys motion for settlement etc!
Please bore me- i too have vested interests in Lagos!Family has ties to lagos spanning centuries, thus i am involved(Ojukwu, apologies). Are you sure what he's done is more than what 107 of his other colleagues have done?What major committees as he chaired?How many public sittings bothering on national issues has he been part of as co-sponsor in the senate?
See, this is the www, nobody apart from a few dare come here without been informed thoroughly about things. I understand your enthusiasm concerning your principal,your preference is consonant with your inalienable rights as enshrined in the UN charter of Human Rights, but bro let's be honest and sincere. Sentiments apart, is KORO really the MAN?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2007
everyone just comes on the internet and says watever they feel without going to find out the real thing.anyway thanks again for educating them.
Thank you "sha"!A dupe sir! tongue. Plese the above post might benefit you!Hope you too would go find out the truth and set you free-from you know what! tongue
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2007
This should be turned to Koro campaign post then.What y'all think
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2007
Lewa my guy i no get beef with you or watever candidate u are supporting.i am only expressing my opinion about the polls in lagos state and who stands a better chance.come to think about it u are not even based in nigeria and u are saying with confidence who will/will not rule lagos.guy no be yankee we dey ok.we in lagos know better and know KORO stands a better chance.

except Nija wants to start e-voting and allow u guys to vote u can only express ur opinions without it really having an impact in the coming elections.

NO KORO NO VOTE
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2007
about the polls in lagos state and who stands a better chance.come to think about it u are not even based in nigeria and u are saying with confidence who will/will not rule lagos.guy no be yankee we dey ok.we in lagos kLewa my guy i no get beef with you or watever candidate u are supporting.i am only expressing my opinion now better and know KORO stands a better chance.
Femo!True talk !Yes my poor self no fit influence anything. Me sef no get beef with anyone and i apologise if i came too strong!Hope say u forgive me!.Anyways wetin we for yonder for do when Baba PDP don talk say na do-or die for PDP!Wetin those weyde house for do sef when after 8 years hin be like say life under Abacha better!I no support anybodi becos i sabi some of dem pickin and i sabi de life wey dem de chop when odas no get food for stomach or jobs!Has u true talk na jus my simple opinion and disjust wey de show for my post!
except Nigeria wants to start e-voting and allow u guys to vote u can only express your opinions without it really having an impact in the coming elections
Femo!U sabi say results for the polls don de permuted already jus like PDP try to for Tinubu for 03!We fit shout and scream but wetin go happen go happen and life go go on without change and poverty and strife with ironu go still de kill!
NO KORO NO VOTE

Na u sabi!Na u know!Wetin i sabi for yonder sef, wetin i fit see with my korokoro eye sef?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 3:05am On Feb 17, 2007
NO KORO for a successful LAGOS.

Dnt mind me jare am kidding with y'all.Well let the best man rule
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2007
how many bills as your 4yr senator sponsored? the guy dey list motions  grin aint that weird.
Gbajabiamila is the best man for the job,  wink filee.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2007
upson upson na gbajabiamila oh.

gbajabiamila ko gbajabiamila ni he wont even pull 20,000 votes in lagos bet me

KORO FOR GOV
lagosians dont settle for less
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by mowapa(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2007
@LEWA

Mr, after 4 years as senator and after over a decade as a politician it's only this meager things he can do for ducation.only help 1300 indigent students for GCE/NECO forms?Haba!So how much do notebooks cost?. By the way how many secondary schools to start with fall under his senatorial district?How many post secondary students writing JAMB OR SSCE/NECO have benefited from this largess-1300?What of economic empowerment as regards those wanting to learn a trade,wanting capital to start a trade?

I want to assume you are an adult anyone over 21,and probably working, how much have you given to your high school since you left the place? Whatever KORO has been able to do, he did from his private fund.Nigerians should learn to appreciate little things maybe bigger things will happen.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2007
aint it obvious that people just dont feel koro, abeg lets have a positive change in Lagos.

When i say Gbajabiamila is the best man for the job, i know what i am talking about. Have a taste of this new breed politician's pedigree, and you'ld agree with me that indeed Lagos would get a Positive Change when he eventually becomes Governor.

Early Life
Hakeem was born at Olowogbowo, in the heartland of Lagos Island, in June 1959, into the distinguished family of Gbajabiamila, who are (other key ancestral members; and others related to the Gbajas etc)

Education
Hakeem started education as a pupil at the Ansar-u-Deen Primary School, in the famous Alakoro area of Lagos Island. His secondary education was at one of Lagos State’s oldest high schools, Eko Boys’ High School, founded in 1913, by the Reverend Benjamin Euba, as Methodist Wesleyan Boys’ High School. Later re-named Eko Boys’ High School, it was at EBHS, partly under the principal-ship of the famous Lagos educationist, Rev. Akin Adesola, that the young Hakeem consolidated the foundation of the qualitative education he started acquiring at the Ansar-u-Deen School, Alakoro.

He completed high school in 1975 and proceeded to the United States for tertiary education at the Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois, where, in 1981, he obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Hakeem later attended the prestigious Washington University, St Louis, Missouri, School of Engineering for his Master’s studies, graduating with a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering in 1983.

Work and Professional Profile
Hakeem’s work and experience profile features employments, assignments and special projects across the private and public sectors, and as a business professional, both in the United States and Nigeria (in and outside of Lagos). As a young graduate, he worked as an engineer with Randle Associates, St. Louis, Missouri. Back in Nigeria, he was a professional officer at the Lagos State Waste Disposal Board from 1985 – 1986, from where he moved on to co-found PROJECTSCOPE Ltd, a Civil Engineering and Construction Company.

Highlights of his achievements at Projectscope include

• a 10,000m office complex for the Ondo State Government, in Akure
• 2,500m office complex for Confidence Insurance Company Ltd, in Akure, Ondo State
• 7-storey office block in Lagos
• construction of various bank buildings
• single and multi-family luxury residential projects at the Lekki Peninsula and Victoria Island, Lagos.

His quest for professional self-fulfilment and achievement was to continue again in the United States, where, as Director of Construction Administration at Self Tucker Architects and Engineering Inc, Memphis, Tennessee, USA, he was a key player in achieving the following:

• $80 million mixed finance property development in Memphis, USA.
• Medium and Long-Range Strategic Planning for the Memphis Housing Authority (Hakeem was a member of the Planning Consortium)
• Memphis International Airport Extension, USA.
• Construction of the Douglas Area Pre-school Facility, Memphis, USA.
• Construction of 32 residential units and a Recreation Centre for the Memphis City Park Commission, USA.

Back in Nigeria, more challenge beckoned. Being himself a high-achiever by nature, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, Lagos State Governor, was soon to fish out Hakeem, who was invited back to Nigeria and to the Lagos State Government.

As General Manager of the Lagos State Waterfront and Tourism Development Corporation (LS-WTDC), he initiated the development of the ‘T Series’ waterfront tourism and recreation projects, the first of its kind in Lagos. Between 2001 and 2002, he organised a highly successful and acclaimed Black Heritage Festival in Badagry, a project that opens doors to the unity of Black Americans and Nigerians in the Diaspora.

In 2003, in recognition of his performance at the Waterfront and Tourism Corporation he was appointed to higher State responsibility, as Honourable Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development. Some of Hakeem’s legacy in that Ministry include, but not limited to:
• A leading role in the strategic visioning process to prepare Lagos for its future role as an African Mega-City and economic investment hub
• Managing a comprehensive review of the existing 1985-2000 Lagos State Regional Plan, which is meant to re-design and re-position the Lagos Metropolis as a regional socio-economic hub for West and Central Africa, by optimising its spatial, population, business and tourism potentials
• A key role in the planning and preliminary implementation process of the on-going Lagos Central Business District (CBD) project
• Leadership in the preparation of the new Urban and Regional Planning and Development Law (2005), as well as the new Lagos State Physical Development Regulations
• Relocation of the Oko-Baba sawmill to Ejirin
• Establishment of Regional Foodstuffs Market
• Ikoyi-Victoria Island Model City Plan
• Upgrade of 9 slum communities (Badia, Olaleye/Iponri, e.t.c.)

Hakeem’s Record in Policy for Good Governance
High office naturally exposes the office holder to the challenge of policy making and high-level decisions, which can affect society’s development in fundamental ways. Hakeem has taken full advantage of this opportunity to develop his capacity as a policy maker, by adjusting very quickly to the subtle and strategic dynamics of high-level policy and decision-making for the public good. His capacity and reasonableness as a policy thinker and policy maker in public office has not gone un-noticed at higher quarters of the Nigerian State. Evidence of this recognition is underscored by his appointment to serve on the following special assignments
• Member, Presidential Committee on Integrated Coastal Area Management Plan for Nigeria
• Member, Presidential Committee on the Redevelopment of Lagos Mega-city Region Project
• Member, National Committee on the Commonwealth People’s Forum (a key component of the biennale Commonwealth Heads of Government Summit – CHOGM)

Leadership in Political and Social Matters
Hakeem’s contribution to the political dynamics and development of Lagos State is as significant as his achievements in the area of policy for good governance. He is a new-breed and progressive politician and leader, in the classic Lagos State tradition, as well as a front-line member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD). As a new-breed leader, his active participation in Lagos State’s political and social life has included, among others:
• Chairman, Reconciliatory Group on the crisis within Apapa Local Government, Lagos State
• Leader, The Dynamic Group of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), Lagos State
• Past President, Junior Chambers International (JCI), Lagos Metropolitan chapter.
• Senator, Junior Chambers International (JCI)
• Member, Eko Club
• Member, Ikoyi Club 1938
• Member, Island Club, Lagos

In 2002, Hakeem was accorded a Special Recognition by the National Conference of Black Mayors, USA, for his successful hosting of the Black Heritage Festival in Nigeria, 2001 and 2002.

His Philosophy of Life and Leadership
The mark of a complete person is the ability to do the best in every circumstance, for your immediate group, for your society, your nation and for humanity. The completeness of mind, body and soul, is best expressed in the individual’s enduring will to manage the challenges, the doubts, failures, successes and the ever-changing context of existential uncertainty in which we experience all these circumstances. I have personally always accepted, even as a very young man, the necessity to use every challenge that comes my way as an opportunity to move to higher ground. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . So, for those who may have despaired about Lagos state as posing perhaps Nigeria’s most enduring developmental challenge, I am determined to deploy the same principle that has propelled me to my present station in life, to take Lagos to the next higher ground of sustainable, human-centred and economic development. But this is not a task for any one individual. I believe that with all the good people of Lagos State contributing their bits, we will achieve this objective
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 9:52pm On Feb 17, 2007
I want to assume you are an adult anyone over 21,and probably working, how much have you given to your high school since you left the place? Whatever KORO has been able to do, he did from his private fund.Nigerians should learn to appreciate little things maybe bigger things will happen.

What has that got to do with anything?I guess you probably chair the endowment for your college?Right?ie assuming you are an adult,over21 and probably working !You amaze me with your post!We sholud learn to appreciate little things you said as in a few textbooks and notebooks, but i refer you to my post what of real, pertinent issues i raised?
Bros!Don't trivialise, you stay in a foreign land and you know how things are as in social ammenties, rule of law etc.!But i guess maybe "bigger things" like that "might" happen to us the way things are right now say, perhaps in2500!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2007
upson i hear u.fine no body is feeling koro(that i doubt), but u feel gbajabiamila is the guy everybody is feeling?see u wanna hear the painful truth?
gbajabiamila cant cause an upset in the coming polls and i still stand by my earlier statement he cant pull 20,000 votes in lagos.i dont care what his pedigree is or whatever qualities he has all i know is maybe he is a good material for the governorship race but this is not just his time.
let him wait till probably 2015 maybe he can pull some stizzs den
i rest my case

Lewa my guy take am easy with Koro now he collect ur wife wey u just dey tasi am from every angle smiley wink cheesy grin anyway safe guy and stay up
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2007
Femo!Safe! wink!.I no get any beef with Koro!Jst that Naija politicians don de take us for a ride for years!Hope say everything de kampe!Regards to dem ladies! wink
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2007
Hmmn. . . . . .

[b]Even when we all know that Koro is a thug we still come spewing unacceptable bollocks to support his inordinate ambition of ruling LAGOS STATE?? :[/b]o shocked grin

@LEWA

Dont mind Femilangy, he is a jester jare!! Koro my foot! I will rather have Tinubu stay on than have that impostor that cant even defend his age and other allegations against him, pssssssssssssssssst angry
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 8:31am On Feb 20, 2007
This is more like KORO supporters thread.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 11:15am On Feb 20, 2007
@ femilangy
the truth is nobody is feeling nobody right now, cos Lagosians no that the popular candidates for now are the regular old politicians wanting to chop our money and loot our treasury, the likes of Tinubu's Stooge and the Peoples Destruction Party flagbearer grin,
Lagosians are watching keenly the unfolding events and i would let u know that the competition is between the Nu-skool folks i.e. Gbajabiamila, Pedro, Agbaje e.t.c. Lagosians are only waiting for one of them to really prove his mettle.

@ lewa
Abeg let them know the real deal, beef or no beef, the truth is what u speak. We have had enough of this treasury looters, its time for positve developmental change.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 20, 2007
As them dey yan dem say na person wey sabi u dey do u .KITAUN of all people dey tackle me

i rest my case
kitaun u know where we go block oh. grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2007
Lol @Femilangy

Instead make you talk true say u don collect gbemu from Koro, u come dey yarn OP here shocked grin

whatever it is, he aint gonna win and I reiterate that Fashola would win the elections, BUT THE TRUTH BE SAID WE HAVE CREDIBLE CANDIDATES IN THE MOULD OF AGBAJE AND PEDRO THAT WILL NOT MIND WORKING WITH FASHOLA IN HIS CABINET

These politicians know themselves and are good friends, but unfortunately we at the grassroots level, love to attack ourselves unnecessarily over these issues

Femi, nothing do you jare my padi, we go catch smiley cool
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2007
You people should look @ other aspirants and not focus on KORO alone.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ lewa
Abeg let them know the real deal, beef or no beef, the truth is what u speak. We have had enough of this treasury looters, its time for positve developmental change
Abi, !
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 12:42am On Feb 21, 2007
KORO looks not competent sha.No Beef
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 2:02am On Feb 21, 2007
Imagine Lagos 2020 - Olympics bid!! tongue
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 3:26am On Feb 21, 2007
LePhilippe:

Imagine Lagos 2020 - Olympics bid!! tongue

LOL
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley grin wink wink cheesy

Kitaun i 4 rest my case but fashola wey u mention don wake me up again.
fashola can never rule lagos.who the hell is fashola.Bola tinubus stooge.do we need a dummy governor?no.we need an action governor.
AC made the biggest political blunder by fielding fashola against koro.Agbaje would have been a better candidate to battle koro in the elections.

my paddy how much fashola give u? grin grin grin
anyway let the best man win tongue shocked shocked shocked

yeah let KORO win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Saraki Lays Wreath In Russia At The Tomb Of The 'Unknown Soldier' / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos) / Installation Of Emir Of Aba Cancelled By State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.