Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38264 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2007
femilangy,

do you know how that so many people seemed like stooges but eventually panned out to be resolute and strong on their own? cool

have you forgotten that even Tinubu had/has godfathers?

majority of you chaps talk out of ignorance sha embarassed
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2007
Ignorance? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

please educate me sir who was/were bola tinubus godfathers?

i dont have anything against tinubu except he better get his passport and leave Nigeria by 12pm on the 29th of may,because he will be cooling his ass out in EFCC's net.

why did tinubu manipulate the primaries of the AC so fashola can emerge?tell me what is fasholas political pedigree except being d chief of staff to tinubu, which anyone can be even u kitaun can be the chief of staff to obasanjo or even bush grin grin grin grin

people keep saying koro is a traitor,i only see koro as a politician with a very good foresight.he had seen what afikuyomi,gbajabiamila,agbaje,pedro,adiku bakare could not see some years ago when he decamped to PDP,see what they all went through in the hands of tinubu!!!!!!!

kosikorokosibo
NO KORO NO VOTE
kitaun my guy unfortunately u will be paying tax to koros government come may 29 2007.

I DON REST MY CASE BUT NA U WAKE ME UP OH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by mekoyo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2007
Come 2007 Fashola will rule Lagos. He will be the governor of lagos state.
Femi Pedro is a good person and has a very good track record but come to think of it, Tinubu has really tried for Lagos State.
See some of the Lagos roads have been put in good order while others are still in construction. Free education for primary and secondary children.
The only problem we have in Lagos are the Area boys(street touts) that go about causing havoc and disturbing the bus drivers.
THe governor come 2007 is no doubt is Fashola he has chosen by the man himself TINUBU and nothing can change that. Mind you for Obanikoro nothing for him, there is no PDP in Lagos. He cannot win the election in Lagos. AC will win and Fashola will win.

As you all know there was no primary election in AC, Fashola was chosen as the candidate and i tell you he is going to rule lagos come 2007.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2007
*shakes head* i leave this forum for almost 2 weeks and this is what it has come to? na wa ooooo

pedro, koro, fashola, gbajabiamilla, afikoyomi or agbaje, the people will decide who will win. but trust me, many of you are in for a shocker.

tinubu has resorted to tearing pedro's billboards down, he knows something many people dont know- pedro is actually his biggest threat. strangely enough, even pdp know this.

femilangy asks why koro was the only one with foresignt? BELIEVE ME, he was not the only one who was wooed by PDP. only difference is he was the only one who could get away with it, because a senatorial position is less sensitive than a deputy governor position. plain and simple.

i am actually disappointed in the direction the posts have gone. with the exception of upson (gbajabiamila fan), nobody has really told us what their candidates will do. the fact of the matter is that us in this nairaland forum really dont have a say as to how events will unfold on the 14th of april, the best we can do is give objective insight as to what each candidate has to offer.

ive preached femi pedro since day one, but i will give you an objective look at all the candidates. you are more than welcome to tell me if i am wrong

musilu obanikoro
they call him the people's champ. ah yes, according to his fans, he is well loved by every one. he can relate with all kinds of people, the bus conductor and the billionaire behind the scenes. he has a solid background, and he is rooted in lagos island.if lagosians voted solely on individual popularity, it will be a race between him and pedro. however, the only time he was ever in control of financial resources (city hall), he burnt the building down in different ways. furthermore, people know he has strong ties with area boys. if he is elected governor, lagos will continue to flourish with area boys left right and center. it is unclear if he really has a plan for lagos, it seems more like his ambition is to be called lagos governor, fullstop.

tokunbo afikuyomi
STA as he is called, is a noisemaker. he has been campaignig to be lagos' next governor since 1999 self. in fact, he was so sure he would be the next governor that he was the one who found the architect who built the new governor's lodge in alausa. Tinubu played along with afikuyomi's ambiiton for many years. but if anytthing, it never ever ever crossed tinubu's mind to hand over to him, because he does not trust afikuyomi. afik is a notorious 419 man, connning people using tinubu's name left right and center. he picked anpp ticket in desparation, he is yet to tell lagosians what he will do as governor

jimi agbaje-
aside from pedro, he is my favorite candidate. he is purpose-driven, and like pedro has deep pockets due to corporate backing (his father is the lifetime chairman of GTB). he comes from a nice family, has nice children- some of the sort of thing you will like to see in a governor. he also has good plans for lagos state. he is not 50 yet, so he is relatively young. the problem with agbaje is that he ran a family pharmaceutical company, that is it. he has not demonstrated ability to manage people and resources on a large scale like a governor should. furthermore he is on an invariably weak platform, and an even weaker ticket (with lawal as his deputy). he is not sure what kind of campaign to run- whether it is one attacking tinubu (which he has done on numerous occasions) or attacking obasanjo(which he has done on numerous occassions), or if he should focus on issues (which he has done rarely)

gbajabiamilla
they call him Gba Bee, i was opportuned to meet him when he was still a commissioner in 2004. he is a very smart man. in fact, he used to be tinubu's closest buddy. he was the best man at tinubu's wedding with remi tinubu years ago. he has a solid background as upson mentioned, comes from a strong lagos family and strikes as being capable of holding his own. However, he does not have the financial resources you need to match up against the big guns. furthermore, the AD thing is still confusing people. to add to that, his performance as a commissioner was one kind. i remember he was accused of cyphooning money from physical planning once upon a time, his chances in this race are very low

raji fashola
raji fashola, they call him "itesiwaju, lakasoro" (next in line, end of discussion). he is tinubu's boy-boy padi. people who dont know why tinubu picked him need to go back to 1993-1994, when tinubu scatta from lagos, fashola took care of his finances, his businesses, his houses, etc. he is the one that takes care of tinubu's children. he has lagos money (AC) behind him, and true to his political savyness, tinubu has been able to reconcile a number of aggrieved factions to support fashola (including hilda williams camp, ganiyu solomon and kasali, 3 very very very crucial grassroot mobilizers). however, his weaknesses outweigh his strengh. for one, everybody knows he is a stooge. as in, it is obvious. it is only recently that fashola started talking in public. he no sabi carry crowd!. with all that is going on, tinubu has to defend himself against the corrupt accusations federal government is throwing at him (EFCC) it willbe a miracle if tinubu does not run away before the election period, because they are truly gunning for him. fashola's other problem is his name. till today, people still dotn know who he is and what he has to offer. when they see the broom, people think it is tinubu that is running again. his chances are high, but time will tell

femi pedro
femi pedro they call him "destiny" everywhere he goes. of all the candidates, he has ran the most efficient and strategic campaign so far. door to door marketing, colorful ads, interactive websites, strategic distribution of campaign materials, pedro is focusing on issues and not abusing candidates, he has taken his campaign right to the people. if there is any unpredictable candidate, it is him. even me that i am a diehard pedro fan, i keep getting amazed by the things that happen as they unfold. he comes from a relatively unknown lagos family but he has a close-kniit family structure in his house(like agbaje). he is not your average politican. in fact, they call him cosmopolitician- modern day corporate CEO-politician. he has the experience of managing people and resources, he is well known by lagosians, he has the corporate support. he also has a few jokers under his sleeves. he is the only christian running in this race. since 2003, he has been wooing the CAN and PFN on his side, and they seem to have done a good job. of the 4 million voters, 1.5 million registered mainly on PFN and CAN's request- this will turn out to be huge for pedro. also, he has been making some very under-g moves, from all indications, there are more surprises coming. he is the man to beat.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by initiator(m): 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2007
I really wish someone like Jimi Agbaje gets to be governor. He looks fresh. But khai i wouldn't like to see Obanikoro there for any reason. Fashola is under Tinubu's shadow, a man who has championed the cause of "agberos" since his tenure.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2007
Welcome back streetcyph.Where have u been? cheesy wink Campaigning for pedro? grin grin grin

i Disagree with you totally and i will take your points from where it pinches me. grin grin grin cheesy(KORO aspect)

U claim pedro was also lobbied to the PDP but due to the sensitive nature of his position he declined ,then why is he now in the Labour party?or his position as deputy governor is no longer sensitive?i will argue this with you,PDP never lobbied pedro.why will dey lobby him? when koro joined PDP no body looked at pedro as a force to reckon with so why will the PDP need him in there fold?(The fewer the merrier).pedro does not pull grass root support  at that time (even now) so what impact will he have in the PDP?

How many times will Koro publicly come out and say the city hall that got burnt was not as a result of him embezzling public fund but it was just the city hall library that got burnt,and the treasury and accounts departments where intact and they can probe his administration to know if he actually embezzled money during his tenure as local govt chairman?

Dont you think if Koro embezzled public funds all thru his tenure as LGA chairman and Commisioner,Tinubu would have finished him by now?lets all be realistic,fine we all want our candidates to win but we shuldnt pull someone down cos we wanna rise .let all man fight for him self and let the electorate decide.Every man for himself God for us all.

@ mekoyo how can u say publicly that PDP doent exist in lagos when PDP is the major opposition in lagos state.i think fasholas posters that u see around make u feel he is the only candidate running for governor!!!! grin grin grin

Like my man will say and i quote:
Elections are not won by pasting posters and sweeping the streets of lagos but by due consultation-Senator musiliu Obanikoro
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bosunolu(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2007
"Ko si KORO Ko si Ibo" (No Koro No Voting) grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2007
I too dey feel u busunolu!!!!!! na lagos u dey abi na ondo abeg make sure say u dey lagos on the 29th oh when femi pedro will be handing over to obanikoro as gov of lagos because by then Tinubu go don run go yankee grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

KOSIKOROKOSIBO
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2007
will Jimi win?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2007
femilangy:

Welcome back streetcyph.Where have u been? cheesy wink Campaigning for pedro? grin grin grin

na so so hussle we dey husstle o, anyting to put bread on my table grin grin

femilangy:

U claim pedro was also lobbied to the PDP but due to the sensitive nature of his position he declined ,then why is he now in the Labour party?or his position as deputy governor is no longer sensitive?i will argue this with you,PDP never lobbied pedro.why will dey lobby him? when koro joined PDP no body looked at pedro as a force to reckon with so why will the PDP need him in there fold?(The fewer the merrier).pedro does not pull grass root support at that time (even now) so what impact will he have in the PDP?
first of all tinubu himself underestimated pedro. when pedro moved to labour, they thought that was the end of the story. but the answer to the real question you posed is simple. i will summarize it in four words: "pedro is deputy governor". force to reckon or no force to reckon, grassroot mobilizer or no grassroot mobilizer, Mr. Pedro was well sought after because of his position as second in command to tinubu, this is truly not the place or time to discuss this issue, there are things going on that people are not even aware of. i am ready to meet with u for lagos beer palour, provided you dont come with a recording device or koro's area thugs grin grin grin grin

femilangy:

How many times will Koro publicly come out and say the city hall that got burnt was not as a result of him embezzling public fund but it was just the city hall library that got burnt,and the treasury and accounts departments where intact and they can probe his administration to know if he actually embezzled money during his tenure as local govt chairman?
all that one na story you dey type.

femilangy:

Dont you think if Koro embezzled public funds all through his tenure as LGA chairman and Commisioner,Tinubu would have finished him by now?
tinubu has a whole lot of igbe on afikuyomi. has he finished him? NO. politics does not work like that my broda.

femilangy:

lets all be realistic,fine we all want our candidates to win but we shuldnt pull someone down because we want to rise .let all man fight for him self and let the electorate decide.Every man for himself God for us all.
for once, i agree with you. true to pedro and gbajabiamilla's style, they are running their own races without throwing accusations at anyone. i know for a fact that koro spends half his time accusing tinubu of stealing money
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Tmoni(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2007
any how it wants to go, ALAUSA IS FOR KORO
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by gidig(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2007
When i saw the title of this post, I was expeceting indepth analysis of the wolrd view of the candidates but with the way it is going, what is happening is an online version of the thuggery that has characterised our politics in Nigeria.

I have listened to pactically all the major candidates. I am impresed with the pedigree of femi Pedro and what he can bring in terms of exposure;  jimi Agbaje's  passion has won me over and Fashola is very pragmatic if I were to really choose base on our country's politcal history. Obanikoro for me does not quite cut the picture of a governor yet. May be I will have to listen to him more. I watched him on silverbird yesterday and I was not too impressed. I don't know how he did it in DC but he spent the better part of the interview not able to articulate himself.

He seems to have the confidence though but he really has to connect with people who want to know if he has the mental capacity that a Jimi Agbaje, Pedro or Fashola has.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lewa(m): 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2007
Interesting so far--------wants thread to continue with more analysis
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 9:23am On Feb 22, 2007
We know Pedro is a banker by profession, Fashola is a lawyer (SAN) for that matter, Agbaje is a pharmacist, Can anyone tell us about Koro's educational background?

Koro who could not even win PDP primaries.
What did he do in his years at the senate. A common thug like Koro is not fit to rule an intellectual environment like Lagos.

Koro said he followed the party directive to supprt 3rd third then he supprted his party on withholding LG funds then he should go to his party for votes not to Lagosian whom they starved by witholding funds.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by harpo(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2007
Every one is entitlted to his or her own opinion but to be honest why person go wan vote KORO anyway for me i will vote JIMI AGBAJE[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by tunmininu(f): 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2007
llcool05,Are u koro's spokesman or wat?but i really feel the spirit.Ride on!We are in the race 2geda.COME 2007,KORO WILL BE THE GOVERNOR.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2007
Hakeem Gbajabiamila is going to be the suprise winner! Gba Be!  grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2007
Lets wait and see!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 7:43am On Feb 23, 2007
We know Pedro is a banker by profession, Fashola is a lawyer (SAN) for that matter, Agbaje is a pharmacist, Can anyone tell us about Koro's educational background?

Koro who could not even win PDP primaries.
What did he do in his years at the senate. A common thug like Koro is not fit to rule an intellectual environment like Lagos.

Koro said he followed the party directive to supprt 3rd third then he supprted his party on withholding LG funds then he should go to his party for votes not to Lagosian whom they starved by witholding funds
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2007
i have been off the thread for just 2 days and see all sort of lines i am reading!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

its interesting to know even a woman wants koro to be governor(tunmininu),ride on girl,koro for governor all the way.

Now let me give y'all some analysis about the way the votes will go in lagos

The electorates in lagos are divided into 2 groups
1.The educated voters(you,me,bankers,IT professionals,oil workers,big time executives) which make up of about 35% of the voting masses in lagos

2.The uneducated voters(agberos,market women,bus drivers and conductors,old men and women,) which make up about 65% of the voting masses in lagos

Now the way the voting will  go will be like this.

on that day(governorship polls).most bankers wont vote because they will sieze the opportunity to relax and why should they vote?how does it affect them? they are all doing fine.same thing goes for oils workers and other professionals doing fine in there fields.the few votes in this category will be shared amongs pedro,agbaje,gbajabiamila(majority of the votes), koro and fashola(minority votes)

Now the uneducated votes will be shared among just Koro and fashola why?koro is a grassroot man and tinubu's support for fashola also gives him an edge here,but remember the uneducated voters will vote based on the name that rings a bell(which will be koro),unfortunately fashola does not really ring a bell except the tinubu backing behind him.

so tell me who drives staright to alausa?Koro or fashola.
the race is between this two all other candidates should go and sleep.
i rest my case

koro de ibo de
kosi koro kosi bo
koro for governor
alausa straight
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2007
femi, i like your enthusiasm. i sure hope your candidate's camp has not broken down the election this way, because they will loose woefully if this is the gameplan they wish to adopt.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by mankevo(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2007
cheesy I'm really not a lagosian but use to visit almost every week, But be it as it may be I dont want KORO there simple!!

He is only making noise 'cos he supported OBJ's third term if not he would not have even picked PDP ticket smiley
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by mycc(f): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2007
i believe in fashola. his campaign makes a lot of sense.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2007
mycc:

i believe in fashola. his campaign makes a lot of sense.

share with us what his campaign is, and how it makes a lot of sense
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2007
who will rule lagos come may 2007

cheesy you settle for anything
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by LePhilippe(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2007
True talk
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by joorojaara(f): 12:51am On Feb 24, 2007
Jimi Agbaje has just launched his campaign on 20th Feb on the DPA platform. I guess better late than never!!!

He launched a website too at http://www.jimiagbaje.com

He looks quite solid actually.

--
JJ
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 1:11am On Feb 24, 2007
joorojaara:

Jimi Agbaje has just launched his campaign on 20th Feb on the DPA platform. I guess better late than never!!!

He launched a website too at http://www.jimiagbaje.com

He looks quite solid actually.

--
JJ

Jimi 4 president
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 2:13am On Feb 24, 2007
what a shame. this race should be agbaje vs pedro. the likes of koro and tinubu(fashola is tinubu's stooge) should not be in this race at all, all these other amala and gbegiri politicians making noise all over the place are taking the shine away from the best candidates lagos has to offer.

ive always maintained that agbaje and pedro are the best candidates, i gave pedro the nudge simply because he has more money and people-management experience, but agbaje is equally qualified.

http://www.femipedro.com vs http://www.jimiagbaje.com
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by joorojaara(f): 7:59am On Feb 24, 2007
Actually I think that that should be  http://www.destiny2007.org/ versus http://www.jimiagbaje.com

streetcyph:

what a shame. this race should be agbaje vs pedro. the likes of koro and tinubu(fashola is tinubu's stooge) should not be in this race at all, all these other amala and gbegiri politicians making noise all over the place are taking the shine away from the best candidates lagos has to offer.

ive always maintained that agbaje and pedro are the best candidates, i gave pedro the nudge simply because he has more money and people-management experience, but agbaje is equally qualified.

http://www.femipedro.com vs http://www.jimiagbaje.com

--
JJ
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 24, 2007
this is just my personal analysis.Koro has more ideas of ways he will win the election for himself.

streetcyph:

femi, i like your enthusiasm. i sure hope your candidate's camp has not broken down the election this way, because they will loose woefully if this is the gameplan they wish to adopt.

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by davinchy(m): 5:05pm On Feb 24, 2007
you guy are getting this lagos thing all murked up. do you believe that the election will be decided by a single majority,far from it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

‘boko Haram Set Our Daughter On Fire’ (graphic Pic) / Silverbird Award: Tinubu Advises Ben Murray-Bruce / Osinbajo Welcomes First Granchild As His Daughter, Oludamilola Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.