Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38336 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by darznets(m): 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2007
Let it be known that all the surrogates and thugs that calls themselves Koro supporter are nothing but political jobbers. Obanikoro is nothing but an empty shell that has absolutely nothing to offer the Lagosians.
I cant imagine someone that served as a commmissioner for 4 years in a cabinet only for him to turn around and make insultive statements about the same administration. It goes a long way to show his upbringing and character.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2007
u guys are busy talkin about debate, who flogged who, me i feel very uninterested abt the debate, cos enuf pple ll come and yan and at the end of the day they will all fail, a good orator does not make a good leader, so who ever yan well does not mean he ll perform,
u all guys are green horn wen it comes to politics, jimiagbaje, pedro, are lookin for the votes of elites, while koro, fashola are lookin for the votes of the common man,(market woman, area boys, etc) which constitute the 70-80percent of total votes, how many of these pple watch debates, in 2003 okotie was on every tv debate and shows he cld only gather abt a 100,000 votes.
so debates do not count. i feel for all of u cos u are all ,misinformed,fine tthe debate was organised by skyebank but it was aired live on ltv which which is owned by LASG, they were all goin to be in ltv studios, so i feel koro for not going, because even tinubu told all other aspirants in ac that his only threat is koro so tinubu is ready to do anything to nail koro, but come to think of it koro has been goin to other debates, even he went to present a paper 4 lagosians in DC in jan. he is learned he is not dumb like fashola, he is outspoken he is not programmed like the way tinubu is programmin fashola, he has a mind of his own, so u guys dont waste ur time and vote vote wisely, vote for koro, who is always a winner cos he can carry everyone along,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2007
Darznets,
u must be very very ignorant(sorry) is atiku not in present in objs govt. is pedro not in tinubus govt as deputies are they both not critzisin thier principals, it is politics, is tinubu not paying for adverts that are abusin koro, was koro not his guy b4, y did he employ as a commisioner if he is that bad, so guy THINk b4 u yan, ok!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2007
Darznets,
is atiku not in present  in objs govt. is pedro not in tinubus govt as deputies are they both not critzisin thier principals, it is politics, is tinubu not paying for adverts that are abusin koro, was koro not his guy b4, y did he employ as a commisioner if he is that bad, so guy THINk b4 u yan, ok!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2007
Darznets,
is atiku not in present in objs govt. is pedro not in tinubus govt as deputies are they both not critzisin thier principals, it is politics, is tinubu not paying for adverts that are abusin koro, was koro not his guy b4, y did he employ as a commisioner if he is that bad,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2007
darznets,
e go pay u make u leave this forum cos u are not to knowledgable abt politics, didnt john kerry (democrat in us) vote 4 iraq war, as a senator but durin his campaign didnt he use it against Bush ehhnn y do u just yan ehnnnn, i am sure u are a fashola supporter some one is programmin u or tinubu is payin u

think

we koro pple are just being real, we are lookin beyond our comfort and lookin at the common man, ok, i dont know koro from adam, but he is my man get it
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2007
madejibo where did you hear pedro criticize tinubu? show me one internet link, show me an aritcle, sorry pedro does not involve himself in such frivolties to be abusing and counter-abusing tinubu.

and where did u hear that pedro is looking for elite votes? my guy, shine your lagos eyes well well, labour party don full ground, who do you think makes up the majority of labour party? corporate people? lol, u miss road there, we are talking about TUC, NLC, NUPENG, NURTW, PFN endorsing someone, you are talking about elite people? the majority of the voters are members of the formal and informal sector, they are all members of one LABOUR UNION OR THE OTHER,

whether or not the debate is aired by ltv, or state house, hell, even if the moderator was tinubu himself, that does not justify koro's absence. if you ask me, it even proves my earlier thesis about koro right,

debate does not make or break elections, but it DOES convince people that the candidates know/dont know what they r doing, simple and short,

in any case all this one na yarns. april 14 is around d corner, i can tell you one thing tho, even ur PDP leaders in abuja are loosing confidence in koro's ability to win lagos, "to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed"

i rest my case
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2007
streetcyph ,
guy, if u can get 2 mons. ago episode of the candidate it is at 10pm on mon. u ll see and hear pedro condemin BRT like mad that the BRT was not the original script. if labour party is that strong y is oshiomole not usin the labour party as his platform? labour shld go and sit down PDP is still the strongest, so take a chill peel, pedro is a bread and butter politician we need politicians dat grew up on the street of lagos that feel the impulse of the common man, not the ones dat grew up in ikoyi, vi that are not in touch with the real world, let pedro go back to the boardroom not state house or at most make him commissioner of finance, he shldnt be a gov. he cant steer the affairs of a state, i have nothin against pedro anyway cos he cant win in his ward  sef, so i no fit waste my time on pedro matter
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2007
clearly u dont know pedro or lagos politics.

pedro grew up in ikoyi ke? get ur facts right. until 1998, pedro used to live in ISOLO. GO AND ASK THEM THERE.

pedro was born and raised in epetedo so wat r u saying?

pedro used to punish koro and his thugmates at ahmadiya college so wat r u saying?

like koro, pedro went to america to study. the only difference is that pedro came back to make a professional living. ive known koro since he was in ebute metta. he has always been known as an omooota

pedro and koro are neigbours in park view, so wat r u saying?

na because pedro na banker, u think sey he aint grounded in eko? listen to his advert, "O" na for Omo EKO GAN GAN!!!

in fact this our conversation only proves the backwardness of some of these koro campagingers. "dont vote for pedro because he is not in touch with the real world", U NO WASH DEBATE YESTERDAY? oh i forgot, you koro supporters are too busy breaking bottles on peoples heads, i will summarize it for u, yesterday proved that pedro has the most knowlege and experience to govern lagos,

my guy, lagos does not need an a-gbe-ro. it needs a c-e-o, so it can catch up with modern world. sorry we dont want to lag behind like  fayose-led ekiti, or adedibu-led oyo. lagos is the center of excellence. the center must be excellent.

im ready to put money down, lagos island is a done deal for labour party. go there today, everyone is wearing destiny caps

im headin back to work before they fire me
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2007
JIMI AGBAJE OR PEDRO 4 gov. Pedros deputy was once my neighbour and i think he's smart. freshparty's candidate has ideas but she 4get say omo eko ganan ni afe!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 10:06pm On Mar 19, 2007
Jimi Agbaje has a website,
www.jimiagbaje.com
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2007
I actually think the race should be between,Jimi Agbaje,Femi Pedro and maybe the fresh lady,

Fashola and Koro well no comments.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2007
Gbaja flawed everyone at the debate, didn't he??
then y'all gonna come here and be talking about dumb heads, excepting Pedro.
If i there catch anyone here campaign for any dumb head, then i'm sorry u gonna be bounced from the Forum.
U HEARD.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 1:36am On Mar 20, 2007
gbaja stammers a lot, even on radio
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2007
Mustay:

gbaja stammers a lot, even on radio
I guess he is just not your regular politician, and he is just being shy, this you would notice happens at the begining of his interviews. But with the campaign gathering momentum, with interviews here and there, i would say he has overcome it.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2007
*smiles* interesting thread *smiles*

i have a question for all you AC and fashola supporters.
i saw adverts sponsored by the AC in the dailies claiming koro burnt down city hall ,and he is a thug and that koro is bitter ,infact i was so dissapointed,losers act the way your party is acting now,now let me get something staright cos maybe i am the one that is not getting the infos well.
tinubu and AC claim koro burnt down city hall because he was trying to cover his bad past,fine i agree but this same tinubu made that koro a commisioner and emdorsed him to become a senator and we all voted for this man,so can tinubu be rite about this man because they dont share the same political idealogies any longer?lets all reason well and not be biased in our judgement.ok lets all assume koro burnt down city hall,and tinubu was governor for 8 years and he culdnt renovate city hall shocked shocked shocked shocked a whole city hall in the heart of lagos island and u say this man is in touch with the masses shocked shocked shocked

@ dayokanu and 9ja4ever pls and pls stop asking me where koro worked after finishing from south texas university because i will also ask u where mike adenuga,femi otedola,and aliko dangote worked when they all graduated ,or didnt they go to the university as well?some pple are just born winners and koro is not an exception.

for pedro and agbaje supporters,pls u guys shuld take heart this election is btw koro and fashola,ur candidates are just no threat to this two.

for agbaje i will say kudos he has tried for him self.he is a very good politician and he has sold himself politically,i will advice him to decamp to the PDP after the elections and sky will be his limit politically.

KORO DE IBO DE
KOSIKORO KOSI IBO
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2007
made jibo i dey feel u,u know the problem this folks have,they are judging from a biased mind,cos from my analysis any lame man will know all the adverts in the dailies by tinubu and his boys are just political gimmicks.he wants to win election at all cost and doesnt mind bringing down his toughest rival or opposition because he need someone to cover his ass,unfortunately for him security details attached to tinubu will arrest him on 29th of may.

i cant wait to see that guy rot in jail

Tinubu OLEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Koro ride on we all support u
hausa community in lagos supports koro,ibo community supports koro,the south south community supports koro,agberos,danfo drivers,okada riders,market women,elites ,all support koro i wonder how fashola wants to win this state.

KORO ride on we all support u

made jibo na there eye he go sharpen when koro becomes governor
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by upson(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2007
@ femilangy, simple instruction: NO CAMPAIGNING FOR DUMB HEADS. angry
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2007
@ upson simple instruction,no campaigning for stammerers. grin grin grin grin grin

your gbajabialmila culdnt express himself u say him dey stammer, grin grin grin

watch koro presnt his manifesto to the business community and pple tripped,watch him present his manifesto to the xtian community in archbishop vinning memorial church and u will trip,he didnt stammer oh he was confident all thru.

u are calling him a dumb head shocked shocked shocked shocked who is dumb afterall,is it u or ur gbajabiamila grin grin grin grin grin

i still stand by my words gbajabiamila wont pull 20,000 votes in lagos,he so so so so so so so so so so so a light weight in this race and he is a minority grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2007
Agbaje wins if our votes are truly counted
koro wins if alli and pdp ovapowa inec
fashola wins if tinubu rigs it
uche ibukun wins if lagosians want 2 write history 4 eko
gbaja wins if all d engineers manipulate d machines.
Pedro wins if he distributes bank notes. Who else? Remi? . . . Who else? Not relevant, Ok owolabi salis wins if only kids could vote
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2007
all these yarns na yarns,

pdp and ac will fail in their plan to out-rig each other. wait and see

election is 20 something days ahead,

half of the registered voters have already made up thier minds who they are gonna vote for. the other half wont even bother to show face at the polls.

koro- if koro is going through all this as a candidate, imagine the hell lagos will suffer if he wins. for the first 3 and a half years, all we will experience is abusing and counter abusing, fighitng and counter-fighting, and a total lack of governance. he will not succeed

Agbaje- his inexperience showed on sunday. in this race, vision vision does not count for jack. experience and demonstrating ability to get the job done is the key criteria. he showed lack of both on sunday

gbajabiamilla- truth be told, he is a difficult sell

adikwu bakare- no comment

afikuyomi- no comment

uche- she fine sha wink

salis no comment

fashola- they are loosing momentum. ac can only spend so much money

pedro- ride on brother!

20 something days to go fellas!

femilangy, labour party is accepting members
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2007
U must be .okieth.
Vision vision vision. Vision and mission accomplished. Pedro is just like atiku- what did you while you were there?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Glamourgal(f): 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2007
who knows?!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 11:04pm On Mar 20, 2007
how will you compare pedro to atiku? pedro was not indicted for stealing money

he is not wasting time and energy abusing his boss, despite being schemed out

d bobo dey campaign to the people

i am effectively signing off until close to the elections, i have articles to write. all the best to you and your candidates
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 12:03am On Mar 21, 2007
that's d only difference
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Mar 21, 2007
Femmy and Madejibo,
AGAIN WHAT WERE KORO'S ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL POLITICAL OFFICES HE HELD INCLUDING 4 YEARS AT SENATE ANY MOTION TO FAVOUR LAGOS AND LAGOSIANS?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2007
he's a mediocre politician. UP AGBAJE. VISION 2007
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2007
24 days to elections, all ya koro haters i am only sorry for you,
the truth is that Jimi agbaje and Pedro stand no chance at all may be for house of reps elections maybe they cld be 2nd or 3rd runner ups so for gubernitorial election they are just no threat at all.

koro is going to win by landslide, gbajabiamila (or whatever ) is just a joker, remi adikwu even said it herslf that that she has nevar won an election so this can not be an exception, uche (omo nna) dat one, no commet, who else oh fashola ( Tinubus Errand boy) he is just helpin tinubu fight a batlle of his life, i just pity him cos he ll so loose cos lagosians knw all thier last minute gimmik, wot we want a set of new ideas in lagos, not just white washin the public,
see lagos is the 2nd richest in nig. lagos has no business beign in debt or dont u knw lagos is in debt. see we all knw these things . so lets just give someone that ll rubbish tinubu a trial, rite now he is the best for the job even tinubu knows that is why he keeps tryin to oppress him by lockin his campaign office and so on
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 11:15am On Mar 21, 2007
So you want koro to win so that tinubu 'll turn Lagos to oyo?
Don't be silly, make your votes count even if they don't count it- vote jimi agbaje as governor of the 2nd most expensive city in africa!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2007
if koro wins lagos can not turn to anotherr oyo, lia lia,
by the time koro wins is either tinubu ll be in america or the carriebian island or alagbon coolin off, who does he have in power, atiku ll nevr win.
so dear, jimi agbaje cant win shit forget it though i like him he cld be useful to koros govt. sha but he cant win. i hope to see him in pdp convention in dec. lets be real here ehn, and dont let us judge by sentiments ok, dont cast ur vote to the dust bin vote koro, vote pdp.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 11:41am On Mar 21, 2007
dayokanu,
just shut up, koro sponsored 5 bills and 4 were passed is it by sponsorin 100 bills and none been passed is hard work? the 5th bill is the one that says lagos should be given a special staus compared to other state so just knw wot u say ok, femi pedro ll only be good as the md of a small bank not a gov. who is he, he shld go back to the privat sector, how dere u say koro is an omoota u are wrong, cos he is the man of every body dat makes him an omota rite u wrong baby, so cast ur vote for pedro, cast it away, cast ur vote for koro cast it well so choose,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin @ madejibo u no go kill me.

dayokanu shey u dey ere,wen i keep saying i want to ignore u folks will tink i dont want to answer ur silly questions but the unfortunate thing is u ask very silly and irrelevant questions.hope u have heard the bills koro sponsored.infact i am waiting for u to say "he sponsored only 5 bills" because thats how pple like u talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Throwback Pictures Of Tinubu At The CCT Trials / El-rufai Wears Igbo Attire, Receives Chieftaincy Title (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Omunakwe, APC Chieftain Shot Dead In Rivers State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.