Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38339 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2007
@ Madejibo and Femmy,
Is it not funny that you could say the unsuccesfull bill and not the successful bills. What are the successfull bill the only times Koro raised up his hand in the senate was to ask for 3rd term and to support the withholding of Lagos LG funds

Femmy and Madejibo,
AGAIN WHAT WERE KORO'S ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL POLITICAL OFFICES HE HELD INCLUDING 4 YEARS AT SENATE ANY MOTION TO FAVOUR LAGOS AND LAGOSIANS
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2007
dayokanu,
u are very dumb(sorry) but dat is the truth
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2007
It's very sad that the calibre of people ere are posting §¤s like this. Koro? are y'all crazy or don't you reside in Lagos?
Please sane people- vote for Jimi agbaje or to manage- pedro.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 1:54pm On Mar 21, 2007
k-o-r-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2007
O ti Koro ju- enu wa ma run!
Channels tv is holding another debate tomorrow
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2007
mustay,
we koro supporters aint crazy, we are just in touch with the real world, jimi nor pedro cant do jack, they shld go sit thier ass down, see the grouse btw tinubu and obj that resulted in obj witholdin LG funds (legally or illegally) who was suffering? the masses just because tinubu wanted to prove a point but yet he didnt want to shift grounds and yet teachers were not been paid, doctors werent paid,etc. let lagos be in the fore front of things, not at logger heads with the central, i am comfortable so i may not need LASG but i think of the masses, Iam just passionate abt Lagos,what about U?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2007
have sid it b4 and i ll say it again, i am not a debate man i want action, if i am in town ill try nd watch if i remember, wat time is the debate anyway?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2007
@madejibo ,
Another way to avoid addressing issues is namecalling I wont resort to that
Again
@ Madejibo and Femmy,
Is it not funny that you could say the unsuccesfull bill and not the successful bills. What are the successfull bills? the only times Koro raised up his hand in the senate was to ask for 3rd term and to support the withholding of Lagos LG funds

Femmy and Madejibo,
AGAIN WHAT WERE KORO'S ACHIEVEMENT IN ALL POLITICAL OFFICES HE HELD INCLUDING 4 YEARS AT SENATE ANY MOTION TO FAVOUR LAGOS AND LAGOSIANS
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2007
S enator Musiliu Obanikoro has been able to record meaningful achievement at the National Assembly in the execution of his primary function as a Legislator. In the last three years, he has not only moved some ground shaking motions, but has also sponsored quite a number of bills, many of which are for the benefits of Lagosians. The motions and bills include :

A motion on the surge and overflow of the Atlantic Ocean along the Bar beach shoreline;
A motion to stop the incessant increment in the pump price of petroleum products;
A motion calling for the rescue of Lagos State from the menace of flood;
these are the ones i can recollect
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2007
Na wa o . . . .few days off this thread and see what has become of it? shocked shocked

@femilangy

Pls where went your candidate on the day of the debate which was conducted by independent bodies? the debate being televised on LTV 8 was purely because that is the indigent station of Lagosians, or did you guys expect OGTV TO BE CHOSEN? I was not too surprised though that he did not appear, talk of having anything upstairs, forget the fact that he had held posts before, that was then, this is now, then you had elites, the academia shying away from elective posts hence vagabonds with moribund ideas got into power, or do I need to remind you of how he got his first poltical appointment? undecided

@Dayokanu

Thumbs up man, u been doing a nice work on this thread, we need to hook up pretty soon u know? cheesy cheesy

@Streetcyph

Well. . . .what do I say to you? I actually thought we would have more learned people here to discuss politics but I found out that majority here don’t know the 1st thing in Politics as they just seem to yarn dust at will, some are even minors not eligible enuff to vote, some just find it convenient to come ad-libbing lipsrsealed

BTW your candidate did not do badly at the debate and most times defended the Tinubu-led govt on most of his policies, defending tenaciously same, now shouldn’t that mean Tinubu’s govt should be given a pass mark going also by the fact that even Gbajabiamila too defended some of the policies of the Govt of which he was a part of? undecided cool

If I may say, experience counted in the debate, but am a little disappointed in Gbaja, did you see how he was trying to laugh away some of the questions? The bird flu question for example? shocked

Agbaje for certain is a sound mind, but I still repeat he does not know or have what it takes to rule Lagos State, thats why some of his answers to questions were so watery!! Imagine the person asking ‘’if people want to vote for same of same’’, sad enough he does not even how to go about health care delivery system. . . .na wa o undecided shocked

What do I say about Ohimai? Yeah she is sound, but she is all hypothesis, research, oration with no figures, estimates, real facts to back up how she intends to govern the land, if she gets there, for most of the period she was defining the questions to the best of her ability and dancing round it without actually hitting home her finest points if she really had any, I guess Okotie should have come along with her to the debate tongue grin

Anything to say about Afikuyomi? Who invited him to that debate? *Hissing annoyedly*

I wont also say anything about Chief Mrs Remi Adiukwu Bakare too cos I never imagined why she should start deceiving herself this much undecided angry

What do you guys want me to say about Fashola? Was he also remote-controlled by Senator Bola Tinubu at the debate in a D-banj and Don Jazzy style where D-banj has to get whispered into his ears what he would say by Don-Jazzy? Lol grin grin

ON A LIGHTER NOTE

An evangelist predicted that Koro would win but he should fast for 7 days from 12am-6pm, if the guy does this are we sure he would not just be starving himself uneccessarily? Also note the funniest thing being this that the evangelist is an okada man. . .hmmn grin grin

@femilangy and streetcyph

Whats with this drinking spree that you guys intend indulging in? hope its not some sorrow-relieving paraga drinking session, or what could I expect from you losers? undecided grin

@Femilangy

I find it hard to believe that you insinuated I could ever defect from a winning team to a loser’s side, more like saying Pastor Chris Okotie should contest under the platform of PDP. . .God forbid bad thing tongue grin

@dblock

I take the path of honor and choose to disregard your dissing despite the fact that I had been neck-deep into politics before you were born, so son watch, as you know I am not always nice cool cool

@nijababe

There is something I like about you and you sure know what it is, keep it up girl!! But as for your poltical leaning, sorry oooooo wink

@niyoo

Whats with the ad-libbing?guy say something meaningful abeg. . . embarassed
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2007
grin grin grin
shey ur eye don dey sharpen my dayokanu?fasholas nephew grin grin grin grin grin i still keep saying, it ur lines are crap and i will just take ur lines like i am trying to catch my trips cos i cant even reply them.

madejibo why u dey waste time on this guy,free him na him eye he go sharpen wen he pays tax to koros govt grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2007
welcome oga kitaun u don show with ur long analysis of different candidate and wat did i expect from u?u will always come out to diss KORO,are u guys scared of this man,it actually gives him popularity hope u know sha.ur mentor mr MUMU governor (bola tinubu)came out publicly speaking yoruba saying and i quote "KORO O GBO OYINBO EMA DIBO FUN,OLE NI KORO EMA DIBO FUN" imagine ur MUMU governor saying shits like that?attacking personalities!!!!! shocked shocked shocked sad sad sad is he scared of KORO or what?he better still be scared becuase that KORO doesnt have his time now its after elections that KORO will jail the MUMU.

i never get time read thru ur lines but i will be back to reply ur lines ok.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked come come come kitaun did i read u say PDP is a lossing party?he be like say na arsbuton groove for ajegunle u really dey grin grin grin grin grin
u come out and call PDP a lossing party,i pity u,u better start facing the reality of life,"PDP WILL RULE U AS LONG AS U LIVE" grin grin grin grin

THE EARLIER U JOIN THE WINNING TRAIN THE BETTER

come to think of it who is ACs presidential candidate?Atiku?i doubt grin grin grin u guys dont even have a presidential candidtae and u are here yanning noncence

i will be back just for u kitaun,u have ignited me ,and i have been avoiding u but now i go get ur time grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by damsol(f): 9:30pm On Mar 21, 2007
musiliuu obanikorooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo is the man
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2007
OK HERE IS MY ANALYSIS

the race is between 4 contestants
in alphabetical order
1.) Agbaje - DPN
2.) Fashola - AC
3.) Obanikoro - PDP
4.) Pedro - LP

these candidates are spoilers and will be somewhat of a boost for any of the four members if they decide to decamp on the eve or join during run-off

1.) Gbajabiamilla - AD
2.) Afikuyomi - ANPP
3.) Remi adikwu-bakare - PPA

these candidates have no chance. the best they can get is "higher" profile and name recognition which helps their CV.

1.) Uche Ibukun Ohimai - FDP
2.) Ladipo Johnson - NAP
3.) Silas - Action Party

i will put my focus on the 1st four candidates selected

Agbaje
---------

Strenghts:
--------------
very strong with the elite due to numerous text messaging, positive and inviting TV ads and radio comercials
expensive outdoor campaign. he is being funded by a few strong Lagos business men that have.
seen as clean with no bad record
seen as one of the few fresh faces

Weakness:
--------------
wrong party (DPA is headed by Olu Falae and his afenifere team)
no record of management (owning a small business called jaykay pharmacy doesnt it convince people)
no political experience (ad treasurer for 3 years is not political experience)
doesnt have strong grassroot support

BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA
---------------------------------

Strenghts
--------------

unprecedentent campaign resources (AC has spent close to 1billion naira) and allegedly has 1billion for the last few days of the elections (go figure)
no bad record except talk of drinking problems
haevy advertising campaign (anyone that lives in lagos can testify)
incumbency factor
strong party with the largest party grassroot followers in Lagos
seen as part of a contiuation

Weakness
---------------
seen as Tinubu's STOOGE (best believe, he his)
has to deal with being a part of an administration with so many problems
a muslim (if presidency is going back to the north and to a muslim, some christian leaders feel like lagos should go to a christian leader)
in a party that is at war with the federal government and INEC (not good for election day)

MUSILIU OBANIKORO

Strenghts
--------------

strong grassroot support
strong support from the federal government
well known face and name in Lagos
in the biggest and most well known political party in the Nation

Weakness
---------------

serious credibility problems (some say his is a drug dealer, some say he burnt city hall, some say he steals money)
seen as an illiterate that cannot speak well
has little to no support from the christian community
has little support from the elite community and middle class
does not have obasanjo's support (will discuss later)

FEMI PEDRO
-------------------

Strenghts
-------------

has overwhelming support from christian community
has overwhelming support from Nigerian Labour Congress (500,000 strong in Lagos)
have been endorsed by Nigerian Labour Congress and all other Labour Unions in Lagos
has a well known face and name
has a clean track record (impressive for someone so high up in government)
has the most experience (interests elite and middle class communtiy)
strong amongst civil servants in Lagos

Weakness
-------------

strong grassroot support is questionable
weak but growing party (labour party)
seen as a technocrat (i.e not one of them)
a part of current administration with a lot of questions to answer to voters.

Statistics
------------
- there are 4 million voters in Lagos in 2007
- Alimosho (420,000 registered), Mushin (410,000) and Kosofe (300 sumtin thousand) has 35% of the voters
               you win all three local governments, you most likely win popular votes
- expected voter turn out between 2 million and 2.5 million
- with this statistic, 800,000 votes will most likely win the elections
- you have to win 12 local governments to win the elections
- if you win popular votes but less than 12 local governments, there will be a run off between the popular votes winner and local government winner
- run-off happens within 3 days of elections, most likely the other candidates will pick sides to support with finances and/ or logistics and/or votes
- Obasanjo and the federal government is a LARGE factor in this election (i.e if he does not want your party to win, you have a problem)
- if the election is tight, the candidate with large financial resources will probably win.

i am undecided but agbaje or pedro are the real gubernatorial candidates.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2007
juvenile hit the nail in the coffin.

@ kitaun, FP's debate on ltv just proved the the whole world the big mistake tinubu made by sidestepping his deputy. by taking responsibility for the actions of an administraiton he worked in for 4 years, he showed the whole lagos that he would take blame when the ship is sinking, rather than trade accusations. im sorry but evryone saw a true leader in femi pedro

@upson talk to your guy to hop on labour's camp,

@ mustay, if you go back to my posts from january, ive maintained that agbaje and pedro are the best 2 candidates, i mean a lot of people are clamouring for change, but the reality on ground is that your man agbaje[b] lacks managerial experience[/b] men. that debate actually hurt him the most, because everyone had been comapring him to FP prior to sunday. FP opened him up, he has NO experience whatsoever, money he has, experience he doesnt. how do we know if he will get the job done? pedro has been in the drivers seat,

@femilangy and the other koro peeps,
all of una go see next month now, no shakin

NLC SET HOLD 2-MILLION UNION RALLY FOR FEMI PEDRO THIS SATURDAY (BE THERE!)
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/mar/22/national-22-03-2007-07.htm
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2007
I didnt get to read about their debate sef.Is it anyway online pls?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 9:03am On Mar 22, 2007
welcome oga kitaun u don show with your long analysis of different candidate and what did i expect from u?u will always come out to diss KORO,are u guys scared of this man,it actually gives him popularity hope u know sha.your mentor mr MUMU governor (bola tinubu)came out publicly speaking yoruba saying and i quote "KORO O GBO OYINBO EMA DIBO FUN,OLE NI KORO EMA DIBO FUN" imagine your MUMU governor saying shits like that?attacking personalities!!!!! is he scared of KORO or what?he better still be scared becuase that KORO doesnt have his time now its after elections that KORO will jail the MUMU.

i never get time read through your lines but i will be back to reply your lines ok.
Tinubu's quote if true is part of politics, haven't you heard what OBJ says of ATIKU in the papers? But Tinubu's is just telling us what we all know before that "Koro o Gbo Oyinbo" At least we know why he didn't come for the debate. The point is we have better candidates than to choose Koro. Governorship position is too sensitive than for us to leave it to Koro Lagos State for that matter not Katsina( Where a sick man can rule for 8 yrs). Lagos has the highest number of educated people, Educated ppl, enlightened ppl in Naija then a man with little "intellectually inclined grey matter" but well developed[b] medulla[/b] for thuggery and thug management to rule over these ppl A man without a means of livelihood other than feeding/leeching on govt.
Koro de Wahala de. Kosi Koro peace dey, Prosperity dey even a Brighter and Rewading Future dey!!!
Prayer point: Father Lord dont let our Lagos be [b]Koro[/b]ded Pray, Pray Pray Eko o ni baje.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 9:11am On Mar 22, 2007
@ Madejibo,
Rumour has it that Koro was one of the vehement supporters of the 3rd term Agenda Is it true?? If then can you comment or justify since you are selling i[b]KORO[/b] to us.

Bitter things come in the form of Chloroquine, Bitter leaf, Agbo(herbs), Sepe/Paraga, and Sen Koro may we not know Lagos ma dun ni Ko ni Koro lai lai meaning Lagos would be sweet and never be Bitter Amen!!!!!!!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 9:37am On Mar 22, 2007
Yeap i tink he supported it.I heard something like dt.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2007
WHen is the channels debate??
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2007
The debate is between 7 and 9pm
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2007
Uncle Kitaun una well done o,
Good to have u back,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by 9ja4eva: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2007
Oh really.No transcripts online to read?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 10:38am On Mar 22, 2007
@FEMILANGY

U actually sound pathetic!!!

as far as PDP is concerned in Lagos state, they are a losing party, forget the resources at their disposal. . . . do you really feel or believe that Bode George wants Koro to wn the elections? if your answer is Yes, then you neeed to go back your ABC of Politics!! tongue cool

Why do you continue mentioning Presidential candidate when we are actually talking of Guber elections? I said earlier on that if ATIKU IS ALLOWED TO CONTEST HE WOULD NOT WIN, SO WHAT ARE YOU YAPPING ABOUT? and since when did your party's choice of Presidential Candidate determine your fortune at the Guber polls shocked embarassed

The fact that we have names-calling of different kinds is not new in poiltics anyway in the world, so let OBJ feel free to say what he wants as much as I wont castigate Tinubu for telling Lagosians not to allow the future of their children to be[b] KORODED[/b] grin

@JUVENILE

You seem to actually get some part of your analysis right, but who told you the Christian Community has endorsed Pedro? WISHFUL THINKING MY DEAR. . .PROBABLY U MEANT THE CHURCH HE ATTENDS tongue
Guys like you just add unecessary religious sentiments to the whole package, Tinubu was a muslim widely accepted, Fashola as a muslim becoming governor does not count for anything negative as long as he is God-fearing smiley

@nijababe

ssup?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2007
@ kitaun who says PDP is a lossing party in lagos?with ur eyes u will see them take over govt come may 29.and who sound pathethic?kitaun who sound pathethic? grin grin grin grin grin abeggiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ur candidate no sell, take him to alausa to lobby the civil servants,left to lagosians they will rada vote adikwu bakara than vote that doll or shuld i call him dummy fashola.a man that doesnt have a mind of his own,tinubus stooge angry angry angry angry angry

kitaun na u go sabi everything grin grin grin are u bode george's son or nephew for you to know that bode george doesnt support KORO?so who does he support?fashola or kitaun?u better wake up.

if you watched PDPs campaign rally in ojo local govt maybe u feel my spirit that KORO is taking over govt,thousands of AC supporters decamped to PDP,seye ogunlewe was there,hilda williams was there(i wonder where u guys got the info that willco is now in the AC) and lots of big wigs in lagos politics.

and for the mumu that says katsina had a sickly governor for 8 years,i wont reply u now .that same sickly governor will rule you as president for another 8 years.mumuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2007
@femilangy

typical of you, names-calling without adressing issues embarassed

like I said go figure why Bode George would not want Koro there as Gov, that would be your take-home assignment lipsrsealed cool

and I said PDP is a 'losing' party and not 'lossing party' tongue grin
just like its 'remi adiukwu bakare' not remi adiukwu bakara' as u are wont to type, take it easy on the keyboard man cheesy
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Demolaf: 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2007
Its amazing how some people come on here, yarn all this dust but are actually so irrelevant its amazing. Who is this fool calling people names. Governor mumu and fashola. If anything, Fashola is more of an intellectual that u, your mother, your father and your whole family, thats why he can even be in that position to run. Where is your contribution or anyone in your family. Pls either u vote for ur candidate, debate for your candidate or shut up and watch the results.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2007
come who is this fool that just breeze in and talk about my folks.u must be crazy oh chief,na ur papa get nairaland?see this idiot oh,so i dont have a right to say watever i want to say on the forum? angry angry angry angry angry

is ur fada has intelligent as i am ?idiot na me u dream of yesternite abi i say make obasanjo policies no pay ur family?
guy free me abeg oh.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2007
oga kitaun na typo error abeg,as u will also want to type want and u typed "wont" so that one no be issue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2007
just got a first hand info now that KORO will be live on channels TV for a debate with other contestants 2day by 7pm
kitaun,dayokanu watch my man display. cool cool cool cool cool cool

i cant wait to finish all those that say KORO cant speak english
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2007
and for the mumu that says katsina had a sickly governor for 8 years,i wont reply u now .that same sickly governor will rule you as president for another 8 years.mumuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh God!!!!! cant some ppl just be civilised about public discussion Imagine abusing someone you have never seen, he might be your best friend, lecturer, Boss at work, employee, Landlord, tenant e.t.c Just Imagine if you had called your boss or lecturer mumu online and he gets to know that you are Femmylangy only God knows what he would do to you.

As regards my statement about Katsina governor , Is it a lie?? Everybody knows his state of health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply)

Abubakar Chika Adamu Withdraws From Re-election In 2019 Due To Corruption / Atiku Abubakar At Fatima Dangote's Wedding In Lagos / Don’t Go To Election Tribunal, Agbakoba Advises Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.