Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Returned Excess Payment At Work - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Returned Excess Payment At Work (13788 Views)

Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Woman Who Returned N1.8m Mistakenly Paid To Her Gets Query From Kogi Govt. / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by ceejay80s(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
mmmmmmm...i dont believe this
nairalanders and police na same thing

op ,if u were paid 180million will u refund it? its because na small money ,u come dey form holy

4 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Naughtytboy: 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by iguita: 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
You have spoken well bro.
Tazdroid:
Forget all those complex and complicated government and CBN policies. Honesty is still the best policy

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by snezBaba: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2017
yomi007k:
Dear NLs, I believe we share information n experiences here- I have benefited from many n wud like ppl to learn from mine.

Im not writing this to gain likes, fp, or popularity. My religious brethren will call ds a testimony others may call this motivational. I jus call this my experience. Pardon my grammar, typo, opinions etc

INTRODUCTION
I did my nysc program in a medical center of an FG college of education in plateau state (FCE pankshin) as a doctor. I finished last year November with 2015 Batch B stream 2. My PPA had not paid me august n September 2016 as at feb 2017.

THE PAYMENT
I was still around there because I was doing my own thing on the low n as a hustler. I had faith dt my money wud be paid n I jus had to exercise patience (recession dey ground) grin
Fast foward to 1/3/17, I went to the institution to discuss with some officials and one top one told me that my financial issues had been sorted out. As a black yoruba boy, I was already' declaring'non- alcoholic drinks for some of dem at work because I was happy. When the alert finally came, I saw an excess of N180 , 000.

THE TEMPTATION
Ghen Ghen.....On getting to my room, I sat down n pondered. The voices in my head were of 2 kinds.
1. Evil voice- This voice gave me reasons not to return this money eg. I was gonna leave the state till further notice, I had been owed for too long n here is my blessing for being patient, some of the staff' shit for my church' grin n I cud use this for damages, nobody knows I was overpaid- and wat they dont know wont hurt them etc.

2. Righteous voice- This voice told me not to listen becos' that is not the kind of person I am' .

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I did not sleep all thru the night these 2 yeye voices chose to use my body as a battle field and guess who was winning? Evil.
I picked up my phone and started discussion with my other half (my lady). We argued for hours via phone calls and chats. And the winner again was Evil grin (that guy na badt guy, he will give u a thousand reasons not to do the right thing- wetin I no like be say, mr righteous no sabi argue). I finally told her I was not paying back and we ended the discussion.

JUDGEMENT DAY
The next morning I was trying to make myself happy because' I don get alert, na God win' tongue but the battle continued and so I sat down telling myself to use my pen /paper smack down- this is how I personally weigh my actions and consequences. Lo and behold, I actually had more reasons to pay that money back eg 1. In the future this issue may be discovered and it will tarnish my reputation dt I spent nights and days of years to build.
2.180k no go make me millionare- na by hand work with brain and God's power.
3. I know that this money aint really mine.
4.Somebody else will suffer because I chose to keep it.
5. Its going to help alot of households that have less than i do.
6. Will I be able to say this to my family n my unborn kids? And alot more reasons came up.

And instantly I felt the sudden urge to return the money. I took an' express' bath and headed straight for the bursary department with mr righteous motivating and 'whyning' me :"Do quick drop this money before the story change, delay is dangerous etc

THE PAYMENT
On getting to the department and explaining to them -the provost gave me 50 k and told me to pay 130k....

I felt immediate bliss and still didnt regret paying back. Now for my mind I have bragging rights .hehe

The end. grin grin grin

Cc :seun
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Destinylink(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2017
That's nice! We need more of ppl like you ni Naija.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by saxwizard(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2017
pay ur tithe to me grin grin
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by slyng(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2017
I doubt u'll return it if it's 180million. bh doc.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2017
Nice one bro... Greater things will locate u soon
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Mubarak05(m): 8:42am On Mar 06, 2017
Nyc one Bro
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 06, 2017
slyng:
I doubt u'll return it if it's 180million. bh doc.
grin
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by chronique(m): 8:43am On Mar 06, 2017
Good one. That shows you have a good strength of character.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by momentum85(m): 8:44am On Mar 06, 2017
The money can never go back to where it came from, Bursar will colombi the money but i salute your courage cos me I can't do it so long as is coming from FG coffers.

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by omojeesu(m): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2017
yomi007k:
Dear NLs, I believe we share information n experiences here- I have benefited from many n wud like ppl to learn from mine.

Im not writing this to gain likes, fp, or popularity. My religious brethren will call ds a testimony others may call this motivational. I jus call this my experience. Pardon my grammar, typo, opinions etc

INTRODUCTION
I did my nysc program in a medical center of an FG college of education in plateau state (FCE pankshin) as a doctor. I finished last year November with 2015 Batch B stream 2. My PPA had not paid me august n September 2016 as at feb 2017.

THE PAYMENT
I was still around there because I was doing my own thing on the low n as a hustler. I had faith dt my money wud be paid n I jus had to exercise patience (recession dey ground) grin
Fast foward to 1/3/17, I went to the institution to discuss with some officials and one top one told me that my financial issues had been sorted out. As a black yoruba boy, I was already' declaring'non- alcoholic drinks for some of dem at work because I was happy. When the alert finally came, I saw an excess of N180 , 000.

THE TEMPTATION
Ghen Ghen.....On getting to my room, I sat down n pondered. The voices in my head were of 2 kinds.
1. Evil voice- This voice gave me reasons not to return this money eg. I was gonna leave the state till further notice, I had been owed for too long n here is my blessing for being patient, some of the staff' shit for my church' grin n I cud use this for damages, nobody knows I was overpaid- and wat they dont know wont hurt them etc.

2. Righteous voice- This voice told me not to listen becos' that is not the kind of person I am' .

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I did not sleep all thru the night these 2 yeye voices chose to use my body as a battle field and guess who was winning? Evil.
I picked up my phone and started discussion with my other half (my lady). We argued for hours via phone calls and chats. And the winner again was Evil grin (that guy na badt guy, he will give u a thousand reasons not to do the right thing- wetin I no like be say, mr righteous no sabi argue). I finally told her I was not paying back and we ended the discussion.

JUDGEMENT DAY
The next morning I was trying to make myself happy because' I don get alert, na God win' tongue but the battle continued and so I sat down telling myself to use my pen /paper smack down- this is how I personally weigh my actions and consequences. Lo and behold, I actually had more reasons to pay that money back eg 1. In the future this issue may be discovered and it will tarnish my reputation dt I spent nights and days of years to build.
6. Will I be able to say this to my family n my unborn kids? And alot more reasons came up.

And instantly I felt the sudden urge to return the money. I took an' express' bath and headed straight for the bursary department with mr righteous motivating and 'whyning' me :"Do quick drop this money before the story change, delay is dangerous etc

THE PAYMENT
On getting to the department and explaining to them -the provost gave me 50 k and told me to pay 130k....

I felt immediate bliss and still didnt regret paying back. Now for my mind I have bragging rights .hehe

The end. grin grin grin

RECESSION OR NO RECESSION YOU DID THE RIGHT THING.

YOU WONT LOSE YOUR REWARD.

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by hikmojj(m): 8:51am On Mar 06, 2017
u earn ursef a brighter future.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by elganzar(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2017
he did it expecting a GREATER reward for returning it
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by lordswill03: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2017
Believe me you did the right thing. So inspirational and i hope that anybody that reads this would learn a huge lesson that t lies behind . I had a similar story but mine was when first got a job and you know now, normal thing, you wont be paid for the first two month as ( though is varies) When eventually the money was paid, i got an excess of 128k, trust the two voices. To cut the whole story short, i returned the cash. That was 2013 and in 2017, i had an issue that nearly got me into teouble. When I replied the querry that was served, i made reference to 2013 and the rest was history. My point is, you never know what are doing but at the long run, honesty pays . My advice is Please do everything you can to withstand remptation because it will surely backdire in the later days. You did well my brother. congrats

2 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Okuda(m): 9:00am On Mar 06, 2017
yomi007k:

INTRODUCTION

THE PAYMENT

THE TEMPTATION

JUDGEMENT DAY

THE PAYMENT

The end. grin grin grin

Yeye guy. You just came here to seek attention. Im sure you paid the money back because of this attention you think you are gettting now.

2 Likes

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by four4: 9:02am On Mar 06, 2017
myfantasies:

I am one of dem grin grin
I ve mark ur faz in case
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 06, 2017
myfantasies:

I am one of dem grin grin
grin grin grin I'm proud of you, return ke, if the provost wan pocket dat 130k fa??
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by femi4: 9:04am On Mar 06, 2017
Papykush:
Sometimes when God wants to do something miraculous, he makes things "click" the unexpected way. Well 180k is chicken change, let's see what you would have done if it was 15m undecided

Fück you if you want to quote me undecided
go Bleep yourself
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Babamide(m): 9:17am On Mar 06, 2017
How do u know the money was excess? So u are saying the bursar and auditors made a mistake and na u sabi them work pass them. Contunu

1 Like

Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by myfantasies(f): 9:18am On Mar 06, 2017
four4:
I ve mark ur faz in case

Do you want my thumb print too?
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Besto(m): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2017
COdeGenesis:
Bursar go flex the 130k mumu

Point on.. For bursar to tell you to keep a whooping 50k inside organization money.. U know the rest.
The bursar na yours truly.. Op should just pray external audit doesn't come handy in the nearest future.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Nollynude: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2017
Okuda:

Yeye guy. You just came here to seek attention. Im sure you paid the money back because of this attention you think you are gettting now.

You are only one of the few right thinking humans commenting on this attention seeking OP's post
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by CellTabRepairs: 9:28am On Mar 06, 2017
Eating money not yours fraudulently will never benefit you....no.brainer except for the greedy.

Are you looking for a job?
Are you looking for a source of daily income stream? Look no further!. Lost your job? Retired? Tired of working for someone? Student, but need money source? Want to change business? LEARN SMARTPHONES REPAIRS Today! Very lucrative venture for anyone. Low startup capital - high RETURNS! In high demand! Your main CAPITAL IS KNOWLEDGE & SKILL! Now available through " Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners & Professionals " @Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc. Everybody owns a phone today & that's an inexhaustible demand market! Join the winners!

Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Kaxmytex(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2017
Is there any formal agreement that u will b paid 50k b4 dey fund ur account..

if na me dis is wot i will do, i go withdraw 100k go play 2 odd..

i get 200k
i go pay tithe 20k, them am left with the real money wich is 180k..
am off to d bursars offrce to clear my conscience...
bursar collect im 130k and i carry my 50k..
50k plus d previous 80k wey dey collect A.C 4 bank equals 130k same amount with bursars share..

bottomline..
i settle my conscience
i settle bursar
i settle church
i make God happy
i have excess
and i would b patiently waiting 4 d next overpayment

if dangote, adenuga and d rest have ur mentality, me and u no go pray make God let us b like dem...
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by joenor(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2017
Nice one but hard decision to make.
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Lucasinho(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Good, you returned the money back, your good deeds will be rewarded over and over again, it is not about the 50k you where rewarded with but cosmic & celestial blessings will come your way, we reap what we sow, you have sown good deeds and creation will reward you back cool
which church do u attend?
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by badmrkt(m): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2017
Bro you did well. i tell you what? those evil voices you heard some of them are here on this thread right now. don't feel bad no matter what is being said here. you did your part it is up to the bursar now...
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Adeyeancah(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2017
COdeGenesis:
Bursar go flex the 130k mumu
I don't think he cares about what the provost does with the money. The main thing is that he's mind is now at rest
Re: I Returned Excess Payment At Work by Equal2DeTask(m): 9:59am On Mar 06, 2017
yomi007k:

Tnks boss....its a small world u knw?

I have seen ppl wt millions die, money didnt save them....nothing really dey ds world sha.

Nice Courage

Epp a brother..little token.. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Our Team Of Super Heros - LAWMA Celebrates Waste Management Workers / What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? / EDC Official Electrocuted In Isawo, Ikorodu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.