Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. (1774 Views)

What's That Misconception That People Have About You? / These Online Girls Are Not Beautiful In Real Life, Nigerian Man Says / Who says Hausa girls are not beautiful come and see the most beautiful h girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
On a countless number of times, I have heard some people say fair in complexion girls are not beautiful. The only premise these people have for this conclusion is that ''she is only fair in complexion''. This is a very weak premise as it is not your complexion that, in the first place, determines beauty. The one major factor that determines someone's beauty is symmetry of face and body. This is not to say complexion is not important. It is as it can only add to the overall beauty determined by symmetry. After all, there are beautiful dark and fair in complexion girls. So, there must be something else that really determines beauty. That is symmetry. ''According to exhaustive research done by Germany’s University of Leipzig, the thing that everyone finds sexually attractive in the opposite sex is symmetry. This is true in both the human and animal kingdoms. Faces with a high degree of symmetry are typically considered more attractive and symmetry has been associated with good health and genetic quality...Superficially, there is a formula for facial beauty involving symmetry … It happens to be the standard for learning to draw portraits:

The eyes are just above half of the way down the front of the head and should be 1/5 of the width of the face. Ears should lay flat to the head for the most part and extend from the middle of the eye to the opening of the mouth. Lip edges should line up with the pupil of the eye, no thicker than the closed eyelid. At the base, the nose should be just larger than the eye width and not sit too far above the lips. The bridge of the nose should extend straight and not be too protruding or flat. The chin should be gently rounded and smooth. The face in general should be oval-shaped with smooth skin and clear cheekbones. And the eyebrows should be tame and separate, but not too thin.

Large deviations that are easily perceived, such as a crooked mouth, deviated nose, eyes too far apart, or one eye too small, disrupt the perception of beauty.'' As a case study, I think it is highly irrational and unfounded that some people consider TBOSS of the BBN not beautiful. Her face and body are symmetrical. For instance, for the most part, her ears lay flat to the head. Her nose does not sit too far above the lip. The bridge of the nose extends straight and it's not too protruding or flat. Very beautiful nose there, I must say. Did you see her chin? It is gently rounded and smooth. Did you not see that her face is oval-shaped with smooth skin and clear cheekbones that are not too sharp? Her eyebrows are symmetrical as they are not too thin. PS: I am not a fan of the BBN at all and I'm not also her fan. She is just a case-study. It's even surprising that some of those who say beautiful girls are not beautiful just because the beautiful girls are fair in complexion are women, dark in complexion women. Picture of TBOSS so that you'll see how symmetrical her face and body are and how beautiful she truly is:
https://thevelvetrocket.com/2008/03/19/what-makes-someone-attractive/

Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Valkaryie(f): 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
I know I'm beautiful, whether you remind me or not is your business.

1 Like

Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by poju4real: 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Valkaryie:
Pardon?
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Abortions: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
Valkaryie:
pIC OR AH NO GREE
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by iamdurent(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2017
Abortions:
pIC OR AH NO GREE
old pervert. Stop disturbing nairaland with nonsense threads
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Abortions: 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
iamdurent:
old pervert. Stop disturbing nairaland with nonsense threads
QuOTE ME NO MORE OH YE DEVIL!
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Kdiva(f): 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
This is flawed in my opinion
yes, Tboss's features are symmetrical but most ladies who's features are not symmetrical are more beautiful than she is.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by nelsonebby(m): 6:05pm On Mar 06, 2017
Abortions:
QuOTE ME NO MORE OH YE DEVIL!
PERVERT!!!
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Kdiva:
This is flawed in my opinion
yes, Tboss's features are symmetrical but most ladies who's features are not symmetrical are more beautiful than she is.
You agree that symmetry makes one beautiful yet you said most asymmetrical girls are more beautiful. Really! Seriously! Do you even know the meaning of asymmetry? It means crookedness; lopsidedness;irregularity. Your argument is unsound.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Kdiva(f): 11:19pm On Mar 06, 2017
solasolasola:
You agree that symmetry makes one beautiful yet you said most asymmetrical girls are more beautiful. Really! Seriously! Do you even know the meaning of asymmetry? It means crookedness; lopsidedness;irregularity. Your argument is unsound.
I didn't say symmetry makes one beautiful, I agreed that tboss's features are symmetrical
Mr know it all.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by slickzempire: 11:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
HOW TO SMELL NICE ALWAYS
It pays to look good but it pays more to smell good all day, every day.
If u are a perfume lover and you want your fragrance to last long on your body & fabrics, Then go for undiluted, alcohol free designers OIL Perfume. Slickzempire offers original and reliable designers oil perfumes that lasts wayyyy longer. We have over 100 designers fragrances in our collections. Available in 30ml plus 2 free 5ml sample of a different fragrance.Place your order,nd it will b delivered to you without any inconvenience. Call or whatsapp Barbra on (08033490726) for pictures and more details.

Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by STILESGANG: 1:10am On Mar 07, 2017
But majority of the fair girls parading themselves around lack facial symmetry,. The only thing working for them is their "yellowness" undecided
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 07, 2017
Kdiva:

I didn't say symmetry makes one beautiful, I agreed that tboss's features are symmetrical
Mr know it all.
Easy, easy. I must have angered you. Easy. But the Mr-know-it-all tag is not mine.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 07, 2017
oh my ....I have the cutest facial symmetry.....I fvcking love my face
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:

i just had to go confirm and it so happens u just might be right....

u're beautiful smiley

Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2017
AggressiveFucker:

i just had to go confirm and it so happens u just might be right....

u're beautiful smiley
smiles.... smiley
Your SOB tho undecided
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:
I just checked your picture now to confirm if you're indeed beautiful. Largely, indeed, you are beautiful. But perhaps, you shouldn't have used the f word.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:
lovely sisi

1 Share

Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:

smiles.... smiley
Your SOB tho undecided
lmao
whats with it
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 07, 2017
solasolasola:
I just checked your picture now to confirm if you're indeed beautiful. Largely, indeed, you are beautiful. But perhaps, you shouldn't have used the f word.
smiley

you dont like the "f" word?
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:
smiley

you dont like the "f" word?
I don't like it cos it spoils my holy mind.
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by coolestchris(m): 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
L0velyn:
even the eyes bulging out nko
Re: On The Misconception That If You're Fair In Complexion, You're Not Beautiful. by Chuknovski(m): 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
lmfao

(1) (Reply)

Story Time! ..... Time ! Time ! ! Time ! ! ! / How Can I Get Wave On My Hair / Nairalanders React!! Is It Wrong For A Lady To Ask A Guy Out On A Séx Date?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.