Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492800 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
cutiep:
I saw a deal of N357 via wakanow for Emirates. Maybe you can check it out.
Go & Come?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Surdycole2:
Go & Come?
No airline will do one way for Nigerians except for student.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 6:46am On Mar 12, 2018
Surdycole2:
Go & Come?

Yes na... I actually saw this too, but the dates doesn't suite me
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
seyewest:
No airline will do one way for Nigerians except for student.
hahaa thanks anyway..... as a Novice I need to ask
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2018
ayenikunle:

Yes na... I actually saw this too, but the dates doesn't suite me
I didn't know flight fare is always Go and come...no wonder it always expensive, pls wanna ask a question.
what of if someone apply for Working Visa..... will I have to pay for d same Toll and fro fare?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
Surdycole2:
I didn't know flight fare is always Go and come...no wonder it always expensive, pls wanna ask a question.
what of if someone apply for Working Visa..... will I have to pay for d same Toll and fro fare?

You won't get a work visa in U.S and most time if you get it.... it will be your firm paying for the flight.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
post=65785724:
Guys, can I take drugs - flagyl and tetracycline with me while travelling?

I did last time I traveled but I declared it.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
Oluiyke1984:
Hi Ij, am in San Diego came in with F1 visa through DC. Ethiopian airline is not bad and the POE in DC very okay and welcoming. I won't advise u to do LA oooo, coz I know a lady that was turned back dats not our portion. The lady was turned back bcoz of her WhatsApp chat with the hubby, told the hubby she's not coming back to Nigeria they went through her Fon which they don't have right to. Make sure you clear all your chat where u mentioned anything about traveling or something just in case.
Quick one, incase you see crowd in the queue which I doubt call any of the security person say you are a student on F1, you won't need to queue that was what I did. Congrats.

Thanks. I might just rethink the whole route as I am coming with my kids. Don't want to be delayed unnecessary
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
seyewest:

That means you will land in LAX and take a bus or plane to san diego.

Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 6:11pm On Mar 13, 2018
olumig:
Amtrak is another option, will afford her seeing the coast line from LAX to San Diego

Hmm.. Tganks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beautyaddy: 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

Thanks. I might just rethink the whole route as I am coming with my kids. Don't want to be delayed unnecessary

DC POE is as tough to pass through. Don't let anyone deceive you otherwise. They also do random and extra scrutinizing and inspections of arriving passengers.

As long as you don't have any skeleton in your cupboard that might get you in trouble any US POE should be fine to pass through.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Anyone know the details of dubai connect for Emirates airline? My request was approved because of the long layover and I will like to know what it entails... in terms distance of the hotel to the airport and any other thing that comes with it...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nattybanta(m): 6:46am On Mar 14, 2018
ayenikunle:
Anyone know the details of dubai connect for Emirates airline? My request was approved because of the long layover and I will like to know what it entails... in terms distance of the hotel to the airport and any other thing that comes with it...
U need to know which of the hotels you would be staying. but where ever it may be, in 30 minutes tops you are at the airport. from any part of Dubai using a taxi.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by CyZubby(f): 8:12am On Mar 14, 2018
Transportation to the hotel and back to the airport will be provided by emirates. Just make sure you enter the right bus to your hotel.
ayenikunle:

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 8:31am On Mar 14, 2018
ayenikunle:

Your visa, transport, accommodation and feeding are on the airline, after disembarking from the plane, look for the closest Emirates stand before immigration, you will be directed on where to go have it all fixed. You will be given your visa and hotel voucher, a shuttle bus will be available too to drop those of you going to the particular hotel assigned off, meal (buffet) tickets will be given to you at the hotel.

Quite enjoyable, but not enough time to see Dubai (you are doing over 8hrs but less than 24hrs in Dubai, right?), you however can quickly see some of Dubai (transport and other cost are on you, if there's a train station close to your hotel, the better for you) if time permits and you are desperately adventurous like me, as the hotel definitely will be centrally located and not far from the airport. The last time out sha, I got my Dubai crew on standby, they picked me up from the hotel, I just disappeared, went out to have a swell time, went as far as Jumeirah to go sleep sef in a place way better than the hotel and was back next day to pick stuff and off to the airport.

The downside, will be paying annoying fees for internet data if you decide to use their free and comfortable hotel, it doesn't come cheap at all in my own estimation. But there's free WiFi at the airport though, bad for WHATSAPP calls (unless that has changed now). To have an hair cut there at the hotel is about same price if not even more expensive than having one in the US.... Board any of their DXB bound shuttle buses from the hotel whenever you are ready to go to the airport. Safe trip!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Mar 14, 2018
ayenikunle:

Emirates will provide airport shuttle and follow @Omobendel advice... you will enjoy it I'm sure.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ddrose: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys!
Please I need info on Etihad airline.what's their service like? Would there be accommodation for lon lay over at Abu Dhabi? What about the preclearance at Abu Dhabi? Will I have to clear my checked in luggage from Lagos here?
I'm a fisrt time traveller to the US and I want a convenient trip pls.
Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thanks @ nattybanta, CyZubby, OmoBendel24 ( cool) and seyewest!!!

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Your visa, transport, accommodation and feeding are on the airline, after disembarking from the plane, look for the closest Emirates stand before immigration, you will be directed on where to go have it all fixed. You will be given your visa and hotel voucher, a shuttle bus will be available too to drop those of you going to the particular hotel assigned off, meal (buffet) tickets will be given to you at the hotel.

Quite enjoyable, but not enough time to see Dubai (you are doing over 8hrs but less than 24hrs in Dubai, right?), you however can quickly see some of Dubai (transport and other cost are on you, if there's a train station close to your hotel, the better for you) if time permits and you are desperately adventurous like me, as the hotel definitely will be centrally located and not far from the airport. The last time out sha, I got my Dubai crew on standby, they picked me up from the hotel, I just disappeared, went out to have a swell time, went as far as Jumeirah to go sleep sef in a place way better than the hotel and was back next day to pick stuff and off to the airport.

The downside, will be paying annoying fees for internet data if you decide to use their free and comfortable hotel, it doesn't come cheap at all in my own estimation. But there's free WiFi at the airport though, bad for WHATSAPP calls (unless that has changed now). To have an hair cut there at the hotel is about same price if not even more expensive than having one in the US.... Board any of their DXB bound shuttle buses from the hotel whenever you are ready to go to the airport. Safe trip!

Absolutely right!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lowoa: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2018
Sir, are you a first time traveller?

post=65819377:
I’m back in New York. Flew Virgin. JFK POE was smooth as usual.

Why are you here? Vacation
U have a wife and kid? Yeah
Y are they not here with you? Her annual leave isn’t due.

Welcome back. Thank you.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2018
Guys you need to be careful with TravelStart. Fine, you can scan ticket prices in their site but do not buy from them especially if you're buying a flexible date ticket. Can never forget how those people scammed me on my last trip to the States. Bought a flexible ticket - which is obviously higher in price becos you get a free date change just in case - I got to the U.S., wanted to leave a few days later than planned. I contacted TravelStart for a ticket change and they told me I had to pay almost 150k extra for date change on a supposed Flexi Ticket �. They said no seats on the airline back to naija for my travel dates and cheapest was available was for that 150k price difference. This was for economy too!
Went to the Airline's office and was told that TravelStart did not sell a Flexi Ticket to me but a regular economy ticket and they any ticket changes has to be made by TravelStart directly. I had to send the 150k to TravelStart for the date change. Got the new ticket emailed to me, something told me to crosscheck again with the Airline (Qatar) right there in Chicago.
The airline confirmed the new dates, they asked how much I had payed for the new date change and I said 150k. The Qatar Airways staff turned his computer screen to me and showed me that TravelStart only paid N50k to them and that was supposed to be what I should I have paid them.
Up until now TravelStart is claiming that they payed 150k to Qatar instead of the 50k confirmed by the Airline. They claim that the airline office at Chicago lied to me. Lmao.....chai! They have refused to return the 100k difference to me. Guys careful with them. Just compare prices for different airlines on their sites then go to the Airline directly or better still use Wakanow.com

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by jenny2007(f): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Guys you need to be careful with TravelStart. Fine, you can scan ticket prices in their site but do not buy from them especially if you're buying a flexible date ticket. Can never forget how those people scammed me on my last trip to the States. Bought a flexible ticket - which is obviously higher in price becos you get a free date change just in case - I got to the U.S., wanted to leave a few days later than planned. I contacted TravelStart for a ticket change and they told me I had to pay almost 150k extra for date change on a supposed Flexi Ticket �. They said no seats on the airline back to naija for my travel dates and cheapest was available was for that 150k price difference. This was for economy too!
Went to the Airline's office and was told that TravelStart did not sell a Flexi Ticket to me but a regular economy ticket and they any ticket changes has to be made by TravelStart directly. I had to send the 150k to TravelStart for the date change. Got the new ticket emailed to me, something told me to crosscheck again with the Airline (Qatar) right there in Chicago.
The airline confirmed the new dates, they asked how much I had payed for the new date change and I said 150k. The Qatar Airways staff turned his computer screen to me and showed me that TravelStart only paid N50k to them and that was supposed to be what I should I have paid them.
Up until now TravelStart is claiming that they payed 150k to Qatar instead of the 50k confirmed by the Airline. They claim that the airline office at Chicago lied to me. Lmao.....chai! They have refused to return the 100k difference to me. Guys careful with them. Just compare prices for different airlines on their sites then go to the Airline directly or better still use Wakanow.com
[/color][color=#006600]

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2018
jenny2007:
Thank you for this info and it has been noted... I don't understand why our start up/SME's etc have fraudulent tendencies... Next time before you buy a ticket from any online ticket agent ask them to state the Terms and Conditions of the ticket while the phone conversation is being recorded just to avoid stories like this.
Travelstart shame on you thought you will be a good competition to wakanow but all you do is short change customers and it's not like your tickets are cheaper than wakanow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 11:40am On Mar 15, 2018
seyewest:

Thank you for this info and it has been noted... I don't understand why our start up/SME's etc have fraudulent tendencies... Next time before you buy a ticket from any online ticket agent ask them to state the Terms and Conditions of the ticket while the phone conversation is being recorded just to avoid stories like this.
Travelstart shame on you thought you will be a good competition to wakanow but all you do is short change customers and it's not like your tickets are cheaper than wakanow.

Wakanow seems to be very good so far... as a caution, I also checked directly with the airline before I finally booked with them (wakanow was cheaper)... I think it's good to always confirm flight details directly with the airline before any deal is made with these agents... flights on wakanow are even cheaper than travelstart... we need better competition!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Justiceotuya(m): 11:50am On Mar 15, 2018
jenny2007:
[/color][color=#006600]

Travelstart is rubbish. I had a very bad experience with them, they dont pick calls, their supposed non office hour phone line does not go through, extending a flight date, they quoted almost the price of the flight which is 174k but we went to the airline and paid only 200dollars about 75k for same extension. travelstart is a scam i wouldnt recommend my enemies to. their app nko, that one ne king of crashing.

refunding my money back, they said it will take 4weeks to 8weeks

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
Justiceotuya:

Travelstart is rubbish. I had a very bad experience with them, they dont pick calls, their supposed non office hour phone line does not go through, extending a flight date, they quoted almost the price of the flight which is 174k but we went to the airline and paid only 200dollars about 75k for same extension. travelstart is a scam i wouldnt recommend my enemies to. their app nko, that one ne king of crashing.

refunding my money back, they said it will take 4weeks to 8weeks

But wakanow is also not free from all these na.... Been using them both sha, contemplating falling back to using the airlines direct by all means possible. Really hate being referred to these two by the airlines each time I got stuff to straighten out, I have succeeded correcting issues directly with the airlines previously, but it seems the airlines are now much more hellbent on pushing us back to "our" agent and to all the evil tide therein than even the agents themselves!

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

But wakanow is also not free from all these na.... Been using them both sha, contemplating falling back to using the airlines direct by all means possible. Really hate being referred to these two by the airlines each time I got stuff to straighten out, I have succeeded correcting issues directly with the airlines previously, but it seems the airlines are now much more hellbent on pushing us back to "our" agent and to all the evil tide therein than even the agents themselves!
What is wrong with our local companies?

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by sharpman1(m): 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Try wontra.com

Very reliable. Always booked my tickets with them and i have never had any issues.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
sharpman1:

Try wontra.com

Very reliable. Always booked my tickets with them and i have never had any issues.
Can you pay in Naira and are they based in Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.