Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492853 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jity: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2018
Guys pls help give me some clarity,I got my us visa in May 2016 (B1/B2) for vacation to be sponsored by my customer and I was billed to stay with the cousin in San Antonio Texas,because of workload I couldn’t make it.
Visa is expiring 11th of May and I have got some leave time now and bought a ticket for the 25th of March to return 13th of april(2weeks four days)to JFK New York to stay with a friend.Questions:would this change of destination be an issue? 2) Is there a possibility of being turned back because I haven’t used the visa since?
PLS GURU’s help .....note I haven’t been to the US before
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
Jity:
Guys pls help give me some clarity,I got my us visa in May 2016 (B1/B2) for vacation to be sponsored by my customer and I was billed to stay with the cousin in San Antonio Texas,because of workload I couldn’t make it.
Visa is expiring 11th of May and I have got some leave time now and bought a ticket for the 25th of March to return 13th of april(2weeks four days)to JFK New York to stay with a friend.Questions:would this change of destination be an issue? 2) Is there a possibility of being turned back because I haven’t used the visa since?

Is it a tourism visa or B1 visa?
If it's tourism you can visit U.S anytime just explain clearly and smartly why you couldn't visit U.S earlier.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:22pm On Mar 16, 2018
Jity:

If it's tourism you can visit U.S anytime just explain clearly and smartly why you couldn't visit U.S earlier.
Change of destination can be explained as well.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jity: 9:13am On Mar 17, 2018
It’s a tourism visa thanks Seye will keep the house posted
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nairacountry(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
seyewest:

Change of destination can be explained as well.

Abeg whats the difference(s)? shocked

Visa type/ Class
R B1/B2

Clarification please
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2018
hello guys, my flight is next weekend. I'm carrying two luggage's and one carry one. one luggage is for food stuffs I'm bringing for my cousin and the other one is for my clothes, carry on is for my personal belongings. I'm staying in America for 2 weeks. Someone said my 2 luggage's will raise suspicion at Chicago port of entry. Is this true? any advise?

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
post=65922006:
bros!! No try am
okay
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
post=65922778:
one luggage is advisable.
thank God I made the inquiry. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nairacountry(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
nairacountry:

Visa type/ Class
R B1/B2

Clarification please

Anybody?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
johnpoko:
hello guys, my flight is next weekend. I'm carrying two luggage's and one carry one. one luggage is for food stuffs I'm bringing for my cousin and the other one is for my clothes, carry on is for my personal belongings. I'm staying in America for 2 weeks. Someone said my 2 luggage's will raise suspicion at Chicago port of entry. Is this true? any advise?

Risky, watch it.... The info supplied before and during the visa interview, did it indicate you got peeps out there, particularly this cousin in question and in Chicago? I have done full load before on a less than two weeks trip without issues but not on my first trip.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Risky, watch it.... The info supplied before and during the visa interview, did it indicate you got peeps out there, particularly this cousin in question and in Chicago? I have done full load before on a less than two weeks trip without issues but not on my first trip.
Yes I indicated that I'm going to visit my cousin. I have a connecting flight from Chicago to my final destination, Philadelphia
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nairacountry(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
I'm yet to get the fuss about overload of a thing! One won't get his check-in luggage(s) until after clearing immigration (Boarder Police) nah?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
nairacountry:

Visa type/ Class
R B1/B2

Clarification please

Google is your friend.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
johnpoko:

I mean not sure you will survive secondary screen but if you're really spending 2 weeks how do you defend these luggages as your own because you can't say it's for your cousin.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
nairacountry:
I'm yet to get the fuss about overload of a thing! One won't get his check-in luggage(s) until after clearing immigration (Boarder Police) nah?
Except if you're called in for extra security screening.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
seyewest:

Except if you're called in for extra security screen.

Not just at secondary inspection, that wahala can happen and "over one" at agriculture, that you have cleared immigration doesn't exactly mean you have crossed immigration. It is even the overzealous Chicago POE we are talking of here sef....

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Not just at secondary inspection, that wahala can happen and "over one" at agriculture, that you have cleared immigration doesn't exactly mean you have crossed immigration. It is even the overzealous Chicago POE we are talking of here sef....
Chicago no be play for black people oooo....

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ojiofor1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2018
nairacountry:

Your boarding pass indicates your number of luggage. So, upon scrutiny, they will know.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ojiofor1(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
What are the dangers in travelling to/from the US on two different airlines and airports? I want to enter through Atlanta on Air France and depart from JFK on Qatar Airways. Will it raise any red flag?

Masters in the house please advise
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ojiofor1:
What are the dangers in travelling to/from the US on two different airlines and airports? I want to enter through Atlanta on Air France and depart from JFK on Qatar Airways. Will it raise any red flag?

Masters in the house please advise

Is this a codeshare or multicity flight or what? If tickets are valid, no wahala.... Entering and departing from two different POEs is not wrong to the best of my knowledge, done so a couple of times with reasons understandable though.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Ojiofor1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Is this a codeshare or multicity flight or what? If tickets are valid, no wahala.... Entering and departing from two different POEs is not wrong to the best of my knowledge, done so a couple of times with reasons understandable though.

Went last August through JFK with Qatar(return ticket). My final destination was Saint Louis but I wanted to experience new York. I missed my return date and so, I bought Air France ticket and returned as the cost of reissuing the ticket and travel back to New York was almost the same. Now, I have Air France return ticket to the US through Atlanta and Qatar Airways rerurn ticket from the US from JFK
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2018
Ojiofor1:

Went last August through JFK with Qatar(return ticket). My final destination was Saint Louis but I wanted to experience new York. I missed my return date and so, I bought Air France ticket and returned as the cost of reissuing the ticket and travel back to New York was almost the same. Now, I have Air France return ticket to the US through Atlanta and Qatar Airways rerurn ticket from the US from JFK

You should be fine in my opinion provided the return leg (Qatar) out of the US is okayed for a specific date already before you show up at ATL. Understandable I seriously believe.... You aren't even a first time traveller to the US!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nairacountry(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2018
seyewest:

Google is your friend.

Your submission (quoted below) on Jity's enquiry made me asked the question bro.
If B1, can't the person visit US anytime?

[/b]"Is it a tourism visa or B1 visa?
Change of destination can be explained as well."[b]
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
nairacountry:

Your submission (quoted below) on Jity's enquiry made me asked the question bro.

Visit for? Hope you know B1's coverage sha? First timers better do their best to use their visa according to category, stick to purpose of issuance. A B1/B2 visa issued to a first timer for conference purpose (B1) for instance may lead to issues if being used for holiday/vacation or birthing (B2) by same individual. Subsequently you can use it for whatever the B1/B2 cover

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
OmoBendel24:

I think what he was trying ask if he can travel to and fro with different airline... I think anybody with Nigerian passport can not do that... The airline staff will not allow you in unless you book a return ticket and cancel the outbound flight when you're stateside.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Lawd23: 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
seyewest:

B1 visa is strictly for conference,workshop,seminar etc and you must honor the purpose of getting the visa before using it for tourism meaning you're free to use it for tourism/visit after using it as business visa first.

If you didn't attend the conference due to some reasons after the visa has been given to you, will it be okay you look for another conference to attend as a first timer, so you can use the visa for tourism purpose when next you're traveling.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
nairacountry:

B1 visa is strictly for conference,workshop,seminar etc and you must honor the purpose of getting the visa before using it for tourism meaning you're free to use it for tourism/visit after using it as business visa first.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
Lawd23:

If you didn't attend the conference due to some reasons after the visa has been given to you, will it be okay you look for another conference to attend as a first timer, so you can use the visa for tourism purpose when next you're traveling.
yes
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ijeomaobi1: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
jenny2007:
Guys you need to be careful with TravelStart. Fine, you can scan ticket prices in their site but do not buy from them especially if you're buying a flexible date ticket. Can never forget how those people scammed me on my last trip to the States. Bought a flexible ticket - which is obviously higher in price becos you get a free date change just in case - I got to the U.S., wanted to leave a few days later than planned. I contacted TravelStart for a ticket change and they told me I had to pay almost 150k extra for date change on a supposed Flexi Ticket �. They said no seats on the airline back to naija for my travel dates and cheapest was available was for that 150k price difference. This was for economy too!
Went to the Airline's office and was told that TravelStart did not sell a Flexi Ticket to me but a regular economy ticket and they any ticket changes has to be made by TravelStart directly. I had to send the 150k to TravelStart for the date change. Got the new ticket emailed to me, something told me to crosscheck again with the Airline (Qatar) right there in Chicago.
The airline confirmed the new dates, they asked how much I had payed for the new date change and I said 150k. The Qatar Airways staff turned his computer screen to me and showed me that TravelStart only paid N50k to them and that was supposed to be what I should I have paid them.
Up until now TravelStart is claiming that they payed 150k to Qatar instead of the 50k confirmed by the Airline. They claim that the airline office at Chicago lied to me. Lmao.....chai! They have refused to return the 100k difference to me. Guys careful with them. Just compare prices for different airlines on their sites then go to the Airline directly or better still use Wakanow.com

Wakanow too has that issue the last time I travelled. I didn't use them but the lady that did couldn't change dates as they told her to pay one ridiculous price too
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Onedimple: 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
Good evening everyone. Please, has anyone arrived the US through BWI Airport (Baltimore). What was the experience like? Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.