Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,469 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495196 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2018
Onedimple:

But my itinerary says Lagos-JFK-BWI. Could that mean that JFK is my POE? And i hope JFK is friendly sir.

Yes to both inquisitions....

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

Pls let me understand. So Emirate screen at Abu Dhabi too??

No.... He's only picking Emirates ahead of Etihad and Turkish too.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2018
johnpoko:
hello guys, my flight is next weekend. I'm carrying two luggage's and one carry one. one luggage is for food stuffs I'm bringing for my cousin and the other one is for my clothes, carry on is for my personal belongings. I'm staying in America for 2 weeks. Someone said my 2 luggage's will raise suspicion at Chicago port of entry. Is this true? any advise?

We dey await your POE transcript o...
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2018
Onedimple:

But my itinerary says Lagos-JFK-BWI. Could that mean that JFK is my POE? And i hope JFK is friendly sir.
if your flight is going to New York(JFK) then jfk is your POE and I don't understand what you mean by if JFK is friendly? are you hiding something?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2018
ijeomaobi1:

Pls let me understand. So Emirate screen at Abu Dhabi too??
Emirates hub is in Dubai not abu dhabi
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

No.... He's only picking Emirates ahead of Etihad and Turkish too.
I just tire and weak at the same time. embarassed
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
ayenikunle:

We dey await your POE transcript o...
lol I said WEEKEND!!!
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Sweetypie: 1:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
[quote][/quote]Good day everyone, my question goes thus:

I was issued a B1/B2 in 2016, but unfortunately i couldnt travel due to work schedule. I intended travelling in 2017 but had to cancel it due to my husband ill health, i was shutlling the hospital for almost 4 months before he gave up the ghost in october, 2017. Unfortunately for me, the visa has been left fallow and will be expiring in July, 2018. My question now is, can i still travel with the visa in May because thats the only time i can get a leave from office and also, my passport is also expiring in july. Is it advisable to renew both the visa and the passport or i renew the passport alone? And would i not be asked why i didnt utilise the visa? Thank you, your response is highly awaited.

Please i need response on the above. thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sweetypie:
Good day everyone, my question goes thus:

I was issued a B1/B2 in 2016, but unfortunately i couldnt travel due to work schedule. I intended travelling in 2017 but had to cancel it due to my husband ill health, i was shutlling the hospital for almost 4 months before he gave up the ghost in october, 2017. Unfortunately for me, the visa has been left fallow and will be expiring in July, 2018. My question now is, can i still travel with the visa in May because thats the only time i can get a leave from office and also, my passport is also expiring in july. Is it advisable to renew both the visa and the passport or i renew the passport alone? And would i not be asked why i didnt utilise the visa? Thank you, your response is highly awaited.

Please i need response on the above. thanks.

Go through this thread... we've tackled the same issue over and over.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Onedimple: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2018
seyewest:

if your flight is going to New York(JFK) then jfk is your POE and I don't understand what you mean by if JFK is friendly? are you hiding something?

Nothing to hide. I heard CBPs can be harsh at times. POE at Dulles Airport on my first trip was nice and smooth. Thanks for your responses. God bless you sir.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Onedimple: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Yes to both inquisitions....

Many thanks sir.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by CyZubby(f): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2018
Hello house good evening, please has anyone used Orlando florid POE? Travelling with my daughter first week of April and would love to hear from anyone who has been through that point of entry.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
CyZubby:
Hello house good evening, please has anyone used Orlando florid POE? Travelling with my daughter first week of April and would love to hear from anyone who has been through that point of entry.
I think there's one or two Orlando POE on this thread, read through.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Divabiola: 5:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
seyewest:

They have to do that before granting you access into their country.

Thanks for the response, I am asking for a grandma with 4months between arrival and departure dates.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Divabiola:

Thanks for the response, I am asking for a grandma with 4months between arrival and departure dates.
I don't get what you're saying?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Divabiola: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2018
seyewest:

I don't get what you're saying?
I mean, the return is scheduled for 4months after arrival in the US
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2018
Divabiola:

Your question is already answered whether it's for Grandma scheduled for four months return already or any other B1/B2 holder, checking your return ticket by CBP before being allowed in is as good as standard procedure....
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:55am On Mar 24, 2018
Divabiola:

For a grandma I don't think they will disturb her because of that if that's what you're worried about but since I'm not the CBP officer I can't guaranteed anything.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2018
seyewest:

For a grandma I don't think they will disturb her because of that.

They hardly will give her headache as long as it is less than six months return, but of course they will check out the return leg of the ticket as a standard procedure for those entering the US on a B1/B2 visa....

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tallboo: 1:56am On Mar 25, 2018
P.O.E was so smooth...flew BA / American airline to Orlando...Route was - lagos- heathrow- jfk- orlando....but unfortunately all flights to Jfk was cancelled on Wed due to snow...was re-routed from heathrow to Charlotte..

Had my POE at Charlotte...
Cbp- hello
Me- hello
Cbp- to where and how long
Me- for vacation and just 2 weeks.
Cbp- is this our first time in US n do we av family / friends here
Me- yes it is our first time n No we dont av anyone here.
Cbp- looked over to my son n asked jokingly if he knew where he is going, my son sed DISNEY WORLD...the cbp smiled and sed he was dre 10yrs ago..
He stamped us in...

Thanks seyewest....travelled light with just 1 full box n a stroller for d family....we r rly enjoying our stay at Walt Disney world Swan

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by De9key: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello house please I will be going to New port in Rhode island with a family of 3 soon but a family friend that resides there said I can book a flight for Boston (45min drive to New port) as it is cheaper with at least 600usd (ie extra 1800usd reduced) from all flight i have seen (which are also connecting from JFK)
So I would like your opinion on this because we applied for Rhode island when getting the visa. Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
tallboo:
P.O.E was so smooth...flew BA / American airline to Orlando...Route was - lagos- heathrow- jfk- orlando....but unfortunately all flights to Jfk was cancelled on Wed due to snow...was re-routed from heathrow to Charlotte..

Had my POE at Charlotte...
Cbp- hello
Me- hello
Cbp- to where and how long
Me- for vacation and just 2 weeks.
Cbp- is this our first time in US n do we av family / friends here
Me- yes it is our first time n No we dont av anyone here.
Cbp- looked over to my son n asked jokingly if he knew where he is going, my son sed DISNEY WORLD...the cbp smiled and sed he was dre 10yrs ago..
He stamped us in...

Thanks seyewest....travelled light with just 1 full box n a stroller for d family....we r rly enjoying our stay at Walt Disney world Swan
Nice one.... I like Charlotte airport big and busy.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
De9key:
Hello house please I will be going to New port in Rhode island with a family of 3 soon but a family friend that resides there said I can book a flight for Boston (45min drive to New port) as it is cheaper with at least 600usd (ie extra 1800usd reduced) from all flight i have seen (which are also connecting from JFK)
So I would like your opinion on this because we applied for Rhode island when getting the visa. Thanks

There won't be problem if you can explain why you're not going to where you fill.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by LegitBachelor: 5:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
seyewest:

Yea Emirates as well.
I will be traveling to the States next month, dallas to be precise, and I chose Emirates this time. Used Qatar in my last flight.

Seeing you guys posts concerning Emirates make me happy as it means I made the right choice smiley

I only have 2 hrs layover in Dubai on my way to the States but I have over 20 hours layover on my way back!

I didn't use the hotel services during my Qatar flight but I must use it this time o. I need to see the popular Dubai for myself wink
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
LegitBachelor:
I will be traveling to the States next month, dallas to be precise, and I chose Emirates this time. Used Qatar in my last flight.

Seeing you guys posts concerning Emirates make me happy as it means I made the right choice smiley

I only have 2 hrs layover in Dubai on my way to the States but I have over 20 hours layover on my way back!

I didn't use the hotel services during my Qatar flight but I must use it this time o. I need to see the popular Dubai for myself wink

Call Emirates and ask if you qualify for Emirates Stop Over Program

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 4:43am On Mar 26, 2018
I don finally enter America. I DA Pennsylvania now
I used Chicago port of entry. will post my transcript tomorrow...I'm so tired now

7 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by LegitBachelor: 5:36am On Mar 26, 2018
seyewest:

Call Emirates and ask if you qualify for Emirates Stop Over Program
Oh thanks. I will.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2018
johnpoko:
I don finally enter America. I DA Pennsylvania now
I used Chicago port of entry. will post my transcript tomorrow...I'm so tired now
You get mouth... transcript loading.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Divaville(f): 11:09am On Mar 26, 2018
Good day House. I leave for JFK on wednesday, please can anyone confirm if i can take kilishi for my sister? Thank you all
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Divaville:
Good day House. I leave for JFK on wednesday, please can anyone confirm if i can take kilishi for my sister? Thank you all

Yes but please declare it ooooo.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Divaville(f): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
Thank you very much..
seyewest:

Yes but please declare it ooooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.