Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (495147 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Sammarvel2014(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2018
hello....please I want to find out something.... my intend of travel is 19th of June 2018 but interview date available start on the 11th which I picked...... is it how it is usually done? coz I thought since my intend of travel is June so interview date should be around April or June? . Hope anything is not wrong with it
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sammarvel2014:
hello....please I want to find out something.... my intend of travel is 19th of June 2018 but interview date available start on the 11th which I picked...... is it how it is usually done? coz I thought since my intend of travel is June so interview date should be around April or June? . Hope anything is not wrong with it

This thread is for people with U.S Visa... try https://www.nairaland.com/4116999/usa-visit-visa-part-3
they will assist you.
Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by cerezo: 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
You are on point if you fly to Boston. The airport at Rhode island isn't a popular one. RI is perhaps the smallest state in the US with lots of blacks. You can get a mini van to convey u and your family from Logan to RI for $150 or less. You will enjoy the ride, should be about an hour drive. I did Logan to Attleboro for $103 last summer. Attleboro is abt 5 miles from RI.

De9key:
Hello house please I will be going to New port in Rhode island with a family of 3 soon but a family friend that resides there said I can book a flight for Boston (45min drive to New port) as it is cheaper with at least 600usd (ie extra 1800usd reduced) from all flight i have seen (which are also connecting from JFK)
So I would like your opinion on this because we applied for Rhode island when getting the visa. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jity: 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hi guys got in about 7.15pm.

My POE experience was easy breezy.Just asked if I was here for vacation and how long I was staying,if I was staying with family or friends then stamped me in till September......

5seconds� You all are the best�

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Jity: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
JFK airport
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
Jity:
JFK airport
New York New York... The Big Apple.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 12:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
Make una no vex aveg, enjoyment carry me go. I arrived Chicago port of entry and this is the transcript
CBP officer: good afternoon
me: good afternoon
Passport i handed to him
after typing he said so why are u visiting?
Me; im here to spend easter with my cousin and his family
him : how long are u staying
me: 2 weeks
him; were willing u be staying
me: , Pennsylvania
him; what and what did u come with?
me: egusi, ukwa, dry fish, ofor, okazi, uha, uziza.
him; what does ur cousin do
me: he is in the us army
stamps me 6 months. welcome to America

I walked small, another one asked me for my declaration form which I gave to him.
What do you do for a living?
me: im a designer.
what do u design?
I design clothes, shoes, bags, belts and children wears.
What and what did u bring?
I listed all tge stuff I listed above amd he was reading the declaration form as I was calling them
Do you have any animal product? like meat?
No I dont!
okay, the leaves are they fresh or dry?
me! they are all dry!.
welcome to america!!!

this country is everything. iver enjoyment wan kill me lol

9 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2018
johnpoko:
Make una no vex aveg, enjoyment carry me go. I arrived Chicago port of entry and this is the transcript
CBP officer: good afternoon
me: good afternoon
Passport i handed to him
after typing he said so why are u visiting?
Me; im here to spend easter with my cousin and his family
him : how long are u staying
me: 2 weeks
him; were willing u be staying
me: , Pennsylvania
him; what and what did u come with?
me: egusi, ukwa, dry fish, ofor, okazi, uha, uziza.
him; what does ur cousin do
me: he is in the us army
stamps me 6 months. welcome to America

I walked small, another one asked me for my declaration form which I gave to him.
What do you do for a living?
me: im a designer.
what do u design?
I listed all tge stuff I listed above amd he was reading the declaration form as I was calling them
No I dont!
me! they are all dry!.
welcome to america!!!

Nice one... how was your stop over in Dubai?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by princessesther4: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good day Seyewest and all other gurus of the group,

I will be traveling to Virginia, USA very soon. My POE is Washington Dulles. My question is that do i need to declare some items like Ankara (Native Wears for my Uncle) and Hair Attachment(Weave On for my uncles's wife) on the CBP form. I am going on Vacation and I am staying with my Uncle. The items is for my Uncle and his wife.

Thank you.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
princessesther4:
Good day Seyewest and all other gurus of the group,

I will be traveling to Virginia, USA very soon. My POE is Washington Dulles. My question is that do i need to declare some items like Ankara (Native Wears for my Uncle) and Hair Attachment(Weave On for my uncles's wife) on the CBP form. I am going on Vacation and I am staying with my Uncle. The items is for my Uncle and his wife.

Thank you.

No need to declare both since they're not food or contraband.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
johnpoko:
Make una no vex aveg, enjoyment carry me go. I arrived Chicago port of entry and this is the t
No I dont!
me! they are all dry!.
welcome to america!!!

Enjoyment Minister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 8:55am On Mar 29, 2018
seyewest:

Enjoyment Minister
lol thanks for this thread
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 8:57am On Mar 29, 2018
ayenikunle:

Nice one... how was your stop over in Dubai?
it was great. the airport at Qatar is finer than the whole Nigeria �. I just kept asking questions till I got to my free hotel room. distance to my hotel room took me more than one hour but it was fun sha as I kept on touring the place. hotel was okay. free wifi, free food etc. next morning, quickly used a train to go to my next boarding flight.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 9:28am On Mar 29, 2018
johnpoko:

it was great. the airport at Qatar is finer than the whole Nigeria �. I just kept asking questions till I got to my free hotel room. distance to my hotel room took me more than one hour but it was fun sha as I kept on touring the place. hotel was okay. free wifi, free food etc. next morning, quickly used a train to go to my next boarding flight.

Nice bro
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2018
johnpoko:

Nice one... have fun.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2018
johnpoko:

used a train to your next boarding flight? is it that far or what?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 7:03am On Mar 30, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

I was going to ask that... and was it on the bill of Qatar? What about shuttle buses from the airport to the hotel?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 7:33am On Mar 30, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

lol the train is in the airport. 3 minutes ride, free of charge. the train dey move for up not ground ��

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by johnpoko: 7:34am On Mar 30, 2018
ayenikunle:

I was going to ask that... and was it on the bill of Qatar? What about shuttle buses from the airport to the hotel?
yes on the bill of Qatar, free train ride taking people to and fro
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2018
johnpoko:
yes on the bill of Qatar, free train ride taking people to and fro
The mini train in the airport is for only the airport use and it can not be used to get into the city.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 2:56am On Apr 02, 2018
Live in Houston... details later

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Clefayomide: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2018
seyewest:

Call Emirates and ask if you qualify for Emirates Stop Over Program

@seyewest. Pls what's an emirates stop over program?

No mind my question o as I neva pass seme border b4 grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2018
ayenikunle:

My guy...lolzzzzzzz transcript loadiniiing

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:21am On Apr 02, 2018
Clefayomide:

@seyewest. Pls what's an emirates stop over program?

No mind my question o as I neva pass seme border b4 grin

Where are you flying to and through which airline?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 11:22am On Apr 02, 2018
seyewest:

My guy...lolzzzzzzz transcript loadiniiing

grin

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2018
ayenikunle:

Thanks to this wonderful family for the heads-up... POE was at IAH, houston...

OFFICER: greetings
ME: replied
OFFICER: What are you doing in Houston?
ME: Am here for a Conference
OFFICER: Where?
ME : Answered
OFFICER: What will you be doing there?
ME: Told him to present my research paper
OFFICER: Tell me about it
ME: Told him
OFFICER: How long will you be staying?
ME: 20 days
OFFICER: 20 days for a conference?
ME: I will also like to visit some family members
OFFICER: OK, where will you be staying?
OFFICER: Did you bring anything with you? Egusi, fish?
ME: Na so we start to dey laugh o, I said no
OFFICER: Still laughing... That means you don't like these family members of yours
ME: I said I only came with peanut bars (kulikuli) for them as they told me not to bring any food stuff...
OFFICER: laughing.. He said he doesn't know kulikuli, took my biometrics and stamped me in for six months...

NOTE: those guys are really nice... we talked like old friends... BUT I was only interviewed by one officer as against two mentioned by others here...

Emirates is SUPEREB: free onboard wifi (limited MB, you can pay if you need more) good food, fantastic staff, latest movies, free Dubai visa in and out etc... hotel for layover is cool (buffet for dinner and breakfast.. If you like food you will just wound yourself ) the only downside is wifi @ the hotel is expensive, $50 for two hrs (17K, I no fit spend that kind money for wifi)

Overall, the USA is a place to be!!! You can take that to the bank...

Looking forward to having some nice time before coming back to Naija..

10 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Clefayomide: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
seyewest:

Where are you flying to and through which airline?

No I'm not travelling sir
Just wanted to knw what an emirate stop over program is
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
ayenikunle:

Bro nice one please can you explain how you qualified for the Emirates stopover and also the process in short everything. Please Enlighten us.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
Clefayomide:

No I'm not travelling sir
Just wanted to knw what an emirate stop over program is

Oh okay it's a program by Emirates for passenger with more than 10 hours stop on non promo ticket etc in which they will provide accommodation and feeding for the passenger and the bill will be on Emirates Airline.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Clefayomide: 1:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
seyewest:

Oh okay it's a program by Emirates for passenger with more than 10 hours stop on non promo ticket etc in which they will provide accommodation and feeding for the passenger and the bill will be on Emirates Airline.

OK I get it now.
Thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vickifeanyi47(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
ayenikunle:

OFFICER: greetings
ME: replied
OFFICER: What are you doing in Houston?
ME: Am here for a Conference
OFFICER: Where?
ME : Answered
OFFICER: What will you be doing there?
ME: Told him to present my research paper
OFFICER: Tell me about it
OFFICER: How long will you be staying?
ME: 20 days
OFFICER: 20 days for a conference?
ME: I will also like to visit some family members
OFFICER: OK, where will you be staying?
OFFICER: Did you bring anything with you? Egusi, fish?
ME: Na so we start to dey laugh o, I said no
OFFICER: Still laughing... That means you don't like these family members of yours
ME: I said I only came with peanut bars (kulikuli) for them as they told me not to bring any food stuff...
OFFICER: laughing.. He said he doesn't know kulikuli, took my biometrics and stamped me in for six months...

NOTE: those guys are really nice... we talked like old friends... BUT I was only interviewed by one officer as against two mentioned by others here...

Emirates is SUPERED: free onboard wifi (limited MB, you can pay if you need more) good food, fantastic staff, latest movies, free Dubai visa in and out etc... hotel for layover is cool (buffet for dinner and breakfast.. If you like food you will just wound yourself ) the only downside is wifi @ the hotel is expensive, $50 for two hrs (17K, I no fit spend that kind money for wifi)

Enjoy your stay bro

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
seyewest:

Bro nice one please can you explain how you qualified for the Emirates stopover and also the process in short everything. Please Enlighten us.

Ok bro...

When I paid on wakanow I got my ref number frm them then went to emirates.com to log in with the number and my lastname, I updated my details on their site and clicked on the dubai connect button to request for a room and then instructed me to collect my voucher @ the emirates check in stand @ MMI airport, that was all... the layover has to be BTW 8hrs and 24hrs as rightly said by Omobendel...

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.