Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139496 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by PoliticalThuG(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
pweetymhi:

What the hell is wrong with this guy? U act so irrationally, u go from thread to thread saying thrash about the work someone sit and think through before bringing out something meaningful. U beta park well cz u act like a Saddist .
At chumzypinky ignore him
I Dnt Think I Hav Ur Time
Re: Tradition - A Story by mercyymai(f): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
I Dnt Think I Hav Ur Time

Attention seeker!!!
Re: Tradition - A Story by Emzy90(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
mercyymai:

Attention seeker!!!
shey una no see his name?? HE IS A THUG!!! let him say d rubbish he was destined to....its a free world
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
pweetymhi:

What the hell is wrong with this guy? U act so irrationally, u go from thread to thread saying thrash about the work someone sit and think through before bringing out something meaningful. U beta park well cz u act like a Saddist . Why did you read in the first place?
i dont even have his time
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
am looking for update with touch And candle... mummypinky more strength to ur muscle
Re: Tradition - A Story by jaksmillioniar: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i dont even have his time
how is baby
Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungestD(m): 1:30am On Aug 19, 2017
U Be Dorti Boy U Dyy Naija Dyy Claim Thug, Dahhz Hyprocrisy...
Re: Tradition - A Story by Topmaike007(m): 7:27am On Aug 19, 2017
Kimkardashain:
Piece of advice dude! GET A LIFE!!!
that dude deserve sense
Re: Tradition - A Story by Abuklaw(m): 8:35am On Aug 19, 2017
I must confess that this story has rendered me useless for the past 24 hours. I started from page 1 yesterday and didn't do anything tangible until I reach here this morning. But you know what? It is worth it.

The journey to this end has not been smooth actually. Some things just don't add up but it is still intriguing and captivating.

Thanks to the writer for such a great work.
Re: Tradition - A Story by ftosino(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2017
pweetymhi:

What the hell is wrong with this guy? U act so irrationally, u go from thread to thread saying thrash about the work someone sit and think through before bringing out something meaningful. U beta park well cz u act like a Saddist . Why did you read in the first place?

i support u mhiz,

who da Bleep did he think he is to just comment dt rubbish dia,

mummy chumzypinky , ignore him, am following u to tha end,

but can we see update b4 today ends, please
Re: Tradition - A Story by pweetymhi(f): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2017
ftosino:

i support u mhiz,

who da Bleep did he think he is to just comment dt rubbish dia,

mummy chumzypinky , ignore him, am following u to tha end,

but can we see update b4 today ends, please
His name portrays who he is, thug, lol. Ur fellow thugs are by the road side causing trouble
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 10:24am On Aug 19, 2017
attentive
Re: Tradition - A Story by possibilita(m): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
Abeg na chi update na
Re: Tradition - A Story by cbella(f): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
Slimzjane:
lol..i feel for dora tho it is love that made her act that way,wen u are in love u can do and undo

This comment actually made me go back to check if there was an update i missed due to some other long unrelated post that came along the thread. That was dope, I cant believe i jumped from that nice dike/shiv move to Freda's cries grin

Thank you chumzypinky grin
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 12:05am On Aug 20, 2017
cbella:

This comment actually made me go back to check if there was an update i missed due to some other long unrelated post that came along the thread. That was dope, I cant believe i jumped from that nice dike/shiv move to Freda's cries grin

Thank you chumzypinky grin

nice DIKE/SHIV move?,

pls point me to the page, I might have missed it, ls
Re: Tradition - A Story by cbella(f): 12:13am On Aug 20, 2017
do4luv14:

nice DIKE/SHIV move?,

pls point me to the page, I might have missed it, ls

grin 113, hope that helps, still dont know my way around NL yet.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:33am On Aug 20, 2017
The Palace welcomed the great Dibia all the way from Ibuluku. It was unusual for the great Dibia to visit the palace when it was not festive period. They wondered what the message he was to deliver was.

'welcome Dibia. The great messanger of the gods. We welcome you to the palace' The Igwe greeted.

The one-eyed Dibia stood in the middle of the with his staff in his right hand and a white chalk in his left.

People had quickly gathered round the palace immediately they heard the Great Dibia had come to the palace unnannounced.

'greetings o great one' The people chorused.

'i have not come here for greetings' The Dibia spoke, his head facing the sky 'but i brought message from the gods'

The people listened attentively. Even the Igwe secretly wondered what the problem was.

'The Igwe has been ordered to vacate the throne in 7days'

'hey!' The people chorused as whispers were heard from every corner.

'silence everyone!' The Igwe ordered and there was silence immediately 'Great one, may we have reasons why the gods would want me to vacate the throne of my forefathers when i am not yet dead?'

'The gods gave reasons. Reasons which i will not disclose to you. There have been several abominations committed by this royal family. I see calamity. I see great destruction coming upon this family if there's no cleansing. The throne must be cleansed and therefore you have to vacate the throne after which a new king would be crowned'

The Igwe and the Lolo stared at each other in shock.

'7days Igwe. I, the Great Dibia of the Ibuluku forest, will be back in 7days' He struck his staff in the palace and walked away.

The people dispersed slowly, each having something to say about what had just happened.

Dike was taking a nap in his room when a knock on the door woke him up. He yawned tiredly 'come in'

His sister entered the room 'Dike, you're sleeping!'

He looked at her wierdly 'yes. So? When did you come?' He popped his head on a pillow.

'so you havent heard that the Great Dibia visited the palace just few hours ago?'

'why?' He was surprised.

'you havent heard the news yet? Father is to vacate the throne in 7days with a new king crowned'

'what?!!!!'

Even though there was awkwardness in the table, Shiv tried her best to make the family lunch a bit cheerful, by making conversations with Mia and including her mum. With time, Mia and Freda got talking, but the awkwardness was still there. They were a bit formal with each other.

Shiv was getting to know Kelly who was moody all through the meal. Almost like she was feeling out of place and Shiv tried cheering her up by offering her chocolates and novels which she had gotten for her on her way there.

'Chief' The driver came into the dinning unannounced.

'what is it?' Freda turned to him 'i'm having lunch with my family, whatever you have to say can wait till later'

'sorry Chief. But news just arrived from the palace. The Great Dibia visited the palace today'

'Jesus!' Freda gasped as she rose on her feet 'for what reason? Why wasnt i told on time? I was supposed to be there!'

'sorry Chief but the news got to us late'

'is he still in the palace. I should better get going'

'no Chief. He already left. He just delivered a message and left'

'what message did he deliver? Is it about me?'

'no Chief. He ordered to the Igwe to vacate the throne in 7days. Then the throne would be cleansed and a new king crowned'

'what?!'

'Dike!' Shiv quickly picked her bag and ran out.

TBC

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2017
strange. .. thanks for the update
Re: Tradition - A Story by Roseygold(f): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2017
There is fire on the igwe family, now comes the real tradition. Mama ejima well done gidigba
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2017
the kingdom need to be cleansed because dike slept with his sister
Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2017
cheesy getting more interesting
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nickibeauty(f): 11:34am On Aug 20, 2017
Dis is serious
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
mumy chumzy happy sunday o,my greetings to ur cuties
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Preetiex:
mumy chumzy happy sunday o,my greetings to ur cuties
same to you dear. Ur humble servant will duly deliver the message
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kadexkadijat(f): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
More greese to ur elbow @ chumzypink y. I dnt think lolo is d biological mother to dikei rep shiv fans
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kadexkadijat(f): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
More greese to ur elbow @ chumzypink y. I dnt think lolo is d biological mother to dike. I rep shiv fans
Re: Tradition - A Story by Healer007: 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
Thanks for the update grin
I hope the next one will not come 7 days time oo.... Man nor geh dah patience sad
HSD
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chumzypinky:

same to you dear. Ur humble servant will duly deliver the message
mummy,na u be oga
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
The Igwe quickly summoned the Chiefs and Freda was among. He invited them for a meeting.

'as you all the know, the Great Dibia was here yesterday' He avoided Freda's gaze by all means 'and i believe most of you must have heard the news but for most of you who have not heard, i've been ordered by the gods of our land to vacate the throne for no just reason. I've been given seven days' His eyes met with that of Freda and he quickly looked away as tears burned in his eyes. Seeing her made him feel guilty. He should never have decieved her.

'the Great Dibia said the throne requires cleansing. What i dont understand is what the cleansing is for. because for all i know this community or the royal family has done nothing to anger the gods. Thats why i called for this meeting. Any suggestions why the gods would want me to leave the throne when i'm still alive? This has not been heard of before in our land. This is the first time a king is asked to leave the palace when he's not dead'

Chief Anwuli was the first to speak up 'with all due respect your majesty, pardon me but i'll have to speak first. Adultery is abomination. Whichever way its committed. Igwe, what you did to your wife is unpardonable. And by all means,i dont think Freda should be here. Who agrees with me?'

'thats true. She committed an abomination by laying with you, her best friend's husband. She shouldnt be here' Chief Okoro agreed.

Freda's eyes widened saucers. What were they trying to do?

'uh....but she has every right to be here. She's a Chief'

'a Chief who's not worthy to be called one' Chief Clara eyed her with resentment. She and Freda never crossed one path in the past so it was no news the reason she was against Freda.

'excuse me Clara, i have every right to be here, i am a chief....'

'and you're still not able to hide your shame Freda. If i were you, i wont even show my face around here because i'd be ashamed of myself!' Anwuli snapped.

'that doesnt make me any less of a Chief'

'you're forbidden from speaking Freda. Igwe,' Chief Okosa turned to the Igwe 'we plead that she be asked to leave this meeting now,else, we'll be forced to leave and not partake in any meeting'

'yes Igwe' Anwuli and Clara concurred.

The Igwe looked confused. He looked at the faces of all the Chiefs, and when he saw their faces were in agreeent, he looked at Freda pleadingly 'you may as well leave please Freda. As you can see, you're not wanted around here. Please leave'

'Igwe you cant ask me out of here that way. I'm a Chief and i have every right to be here'

'please leave Freda. You're being asked out nicely'

Freda walked out carrying her head low in shame. She had never been this disgraced in her entire life.

'i want to specially thank every one of you for honoring my request' The Lolo said 'it goes a long way to show that you all have my best interest at heart. I must commend your loyalty. Thank you for putting that witch in her place. It would never have been possible without your help. I appreciate'

'you can come to us anytime anyday Lolo.we'll do anything to make you happy, including putting that foolish woman in her place' Clara nodded happily.

'true Lolo. Anything you ask of us shall be immediately put into action' Okosa nodded.

'God bless you all for me'

The Lolo smiled wickedly.
TBCnnnnnnn

14 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
Weldone ma and thanks for the update
Re: Tradition - A Story by ElajRita(f): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mummychumzy too much typo
Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Mrs chumzypinky i think some of ur sentences are truncated due to copy error or formatting error, pleas do review it when next ur posting. Thanks Though
i wish u will be posting it frequently like u did with the last two.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.