Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139445 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by icekidmuktar(m): 7:27am On Oct 25, 2017
let me change position joor, my left yansh don tire **sitting on my right yansh** i cannot come and go and kill my sef jare!

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by ikombe: 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mama the mama. Welldone

When you are coming back from the village, no forget to bring something for me oh

Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
Lol
Re: Tradition - A Story by teepha: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
The story is a masterpiece but the update is too slow...you started the story sometime around March now we are in October that's eight months ago and yet the story is not finished... We know you are busy with work and the kids just find time to conclude the story rather than putting us in suspense...thnx

5 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by henrieternal2016(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2017
well, i hv never written a story before n anybody can confidently tell me i dont know jack about story writing and the pain involved. but one thing i know is that i hv overcome some prety tough challenges before n i can confidently say that i did so simply by setting goals. one thing i hv observed is that alot of fine and captivating stories on nl dont get finished and i dont want to call names........... if u ar comitted to an audience, integrity demands that u keep to consistency n finish up ur story, and one way to do that is to finish the story on paper before starting it here on nl. but, truth be told most of the writers here on nl literature section are superb shout out to you all coz you gat potentials unlimited......all u need do is discipline urself to be consistent in ur updates n to finish ur piece even though i know unforseen circumstances can erupt along the way

16 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Temmy3444: 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
I dnt like d way d story z goin... Z very irritatin, always cumin 2 dis nl because of dis story nd no result.. Pls if u av any interestin story pls cn u share wit me
Re: Tradition - A Story by Phunmmielurlar: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Temmy3444:
I dnt like d way d story z goin... Z very irritatin, always cumin 2 dis nl because of dis story nd no result.. Pls if u av any interestin story pls cn u share wit me

Check out, Taking chances by princesae(nt really sure abt d moniker dou)
Bukky Alakara (sory Ion Remember Who Wrote It Buh Dey R Complete)
Re: Tradition - A Story by cyndy1000(f): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
Temmy3444:

Check out Love Hipcupps by Kimberly west, The devil wears Okirka (though not yet compete but I guess before u arrive he must have finished it) Bukky alakara by shewrites , so much more

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Temmy3444: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Av read everytin.... Pls anoda set of story... I mean interestin story
Re: Tradition - A Story by Queengolden(f): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
Temmy3444:
check out countless by the blessed man, false pretense by realfest
Re: Tradition - A Story by itsandi(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nice... Enjoy other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
ode wen dey copy mama film continue i hv me eyes on u undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Tradition - A Story by tunjilomo(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2017
Happy New Month chumzypinky and every reader on this thread.
Re: Tradition - A Story by abilovebae: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Can't believe this story is still on and even unfinished.
Hope the writer still remembers the story line

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Kanshi1(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
nairaland with halfbaked stories and the authors feeling like celebs cos of a few fans n comments.
Go download wattpad and you'll get to read mindblowing complete novels according to your preferred genres for free and not these amateurish stuffs.

11 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Feyikemi12(f): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2017
Kanshi1:
nairaland with halfbaked stories and the authors feeling like celebs cos of a few fans n comments.
Go download wattpad and you'll get to read mindblowing complete novels according to your preferred genres for free and not these amateurish stuffs.
i dey tell u
I'm so much addicted to wattpad
Re: Tradition - A Story by ladyverere(f): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
Temmy3444:

Please download wattpad and read complete, mind blowing stories of all genres. Just pick your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by rayvelez(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lemme check d wattpad out.
Re: Tradition - A Story by onometee(f): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Click the link below to visit our website and read amazing stories, buy beautiful,cheap and educating ebooks and novels. wink

if you would like to sell your novels on our website, send us an email now.

http://viwright.com/2hke
Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
updates pls
Re: Tradition - A Story by donsanctus4real: 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
pls still new born baby here how can I see stories to read
Re: Tradition - A Story by SeAlMoNeY(m): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
more data to ur phone oya abeg chumzy cum and update and pls mention me am a new nl
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2017
mumy chumzy i hope all is well even if u cant update now pls comment so we will know u are fine
Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chumzypinky:
CHAPTER THREE....Tradition.
'my son is proving stubborn about this whole marriage thing' Lolo said 'but dont worry my friend, i'm sure he'll come around'

Mrs Freda Ibe smiled 'i dont blame him. He never wanted to be Igwe right from time'

'he doesnt want it but he has no choice. As for me, i cannot sit and watch someone else take what belongs to my son. He wants Ikemba to take over but over my dead body! I married the Igwe first and i bore him a son first, someone else cannot come and claim whats not his. As his mother, i refuse to that'

'you've just said it all my friend. Dike is the crownprince of Umuzulu and he's a very intelligent man. There's no doubt that the current Igwe would be leaving this community in good hands by the time he's gone'

'i just thank God for giving a wonderful son like Dike. Though he could be stubborn sometimes..really stubborn'

'i understand'

'what about Mia?'

'Mia's fine. You didnt ask about Shivani'

'oh! I forgot. How's she?'

'she's fine as well'

'has she consented to the marriage proposal?'

'Shivani has no choice. She does whatever i ask of her'

'then she must be very loyal'

'extremely loyal. Thats why i dont joke with her in all ramifications...she's the apple of my eyes'

'your daughters must be well-trained then. I especially like Mia, though i havent met Shivani yet. But when Igwe wanted one of Ibe's daughters to be Dike's last wife, i was thinking Mia would be the one'

Mrs Freda shifted uncomfortably 'i chose Shivani because i knew she would be a better candidate for Dike. Shivani is a very good and well-mannered girl. Mia's...Mia's, just...she's not very well-cultured as you all think her to be. I'm sure Dike wont be able to tolerate her extremely bad character'

'oh! But Mia doesnt strike me as that kind of girl. I see her as a very respectful child'

'it is the rat that lives inside the house that knows the condition of everything in the kitchen Lolo. You wont be able to tolerate Mia's behaviour Lolo. I wont lie about my daughter's behavior will i? I wont want to paint my own daughter black, will i? Infact, i'm only telling you this because you're my closest friend. I wont disclose this to outsiders'

'i completely understand you. I think from henceforth, i'll start snubbing Mia kind of. She must not be a very good girl from what you're telling me'

'exactly my friend. The wise men say too much play causes insults. Dont pay attention to Mia anymore, she's just a useless child'

'i've heard you dear'

Freda smiled proudly. It wasnt as if she hated Mia or anything, but she believed Shivani deserved better.
She had grown up in abject poverty. A home where they could barely feed twice a day.
And then she had married a man who was much more poorer than they even were. If only she had known better, she would never have married him. But she had loved him and had thought love was everything.

She worked harder and even became thinner than she had been before marrying him. That was when the hatred for him began. She picked up quarels at every little thing, and was always ready to remind him what a disgrace to manhood he was that he couldnt provide for himself and his wife.

It took three years after marriage before Shivani came. Shivani's birth changed everything, or so she believed. That was when her secret affair with the Igwe had begun.

She had had little crying Shivani strapped to her back, walking along the road with a basket full of vegetables on her head. With little Shivani crying, all she could plead for was for her to get home quickly so she could breastfeed her.

That was when the Igwe's entourage passed. He has been filled with pity and sympathy for her. He had given her some money that day and told her to come see him at the palace the next day.

She had gone and the rest they said was history. Their secret affair started.

And nobody knew about it.

Even till now, they still met once in a while.

To her, if Shivani hadnt been crying, Igwe wouldnt have stopped and besides, another reason she would never let Mia marry Dike, was because she wasnt sure of Mia's paternity. It was 50-50. It could have been Chukwuka, her late husband, it could have been Igwe. She wasnt entirely sure.

Mia could be Dike's half-sister. She didnt know but she wasnt ready to take such risks.

'.....the jewelry was a...'

'pardon?' she cut in immediately. She hadnt been paying attention to what the Lolo had been saying.

'i was saying that i lost a particular necklace this month. Though i only discovered it got missing yesterday, i dont know when it got missing exactly. The necklace's diamond. One of my favourites'

She shifted again uncomfortable. She remembered the necklace vividly and she was the one who had taken it 'i'm very sorry dear. I'm sure you'll get a new one soon'

'i'll let Igwe handle that' The Lolo smiled.

Freda just rolled her eyes.

TBC
cheesy
Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Tradition...

'is it my fault that Dike has refused to marry a seventh wife? Why are you putting the whole blame on me now Igwe?' Lolo questioned as she sat up on the bed, her back to the board.

'you're his mother. And you've always been close to him. Whatever decision he takes, you should always be beside him, advicing him to make the right choices Lolo. I dont know what its going to take of you, but i'll rather advice you speak to Dike. I will not tolerate him not showing up on the marriage day. I'm warning you Lolo' The Igwe said harshly.

'so what if i dont speak to him? Whats your duty as his father?' She retorted.

'i have told you all i have to say Lolo. If you dont do this, then its your concern, i've said my own'

'Igwe, i dont even know what to say to you, i dont! Is it my fault that your son doesnt listen to you? If you as a father cant speak to your son and get him to listen, how then is it my problem? Why do you like placing your failures as my head, eh?'

Igwe stared at the Lolo, then shook his head 'you have no shame Ngozi, just look at the way you speak to your husband'

'and the only reason i'm sitted here listening to all the rubbish you have to say is because you're the Igwe and i'm only according you the respect deserved by an Igwe, not as a husband' Lolo said with a loud hiss.

'sometimes i wonder what i've ever done to you Lolo, why do you disrespect me in this manner?'

Lolo just rolled her eyes.

'everyone knows that of all my wives, you're my favourite. We've been together for a very long time. I married you when i was fourteen years old Lolo and now i'm fifty. We've been together for twenty six years Ngozi, why dont you still understand me till now? I give you everything you've ever requested from me. I shower you with love that your co-wives are envious of. But when it comes to respect, i recieve more respect from the other women than i recieve from the woman i love the most. Isnt this wickedness?'

'you're just trying to make me feel guilty Igwe'

'this is not me trying to make you feel guilty. Its me trying to make you understand that you keep on hurting me everytime'

She kept mute.

'i know sometimes, i try to place the responsibility of Dike on you. But you should try to understand that as the Igwe, i have so many things on my hands too. I have this community to run. I have the seven clans under my community to run as well. Sometimes, i just need little assistance from you as well'

'i have heard'

'this is not a matter of "i have heard" Ngozi. This is a matter of...'

'i said i have heard now Igwe!' She said slapping her palms on her thighs impatiently 'would you just let me sleep now?! I would be at Dike's office tomorrow morning. Goodnight please' And with that, she laid on her bed and faced the opposite direction.

Dike hadnt been expecting his mother at his office so early in the morning. He had just resumed work and was clearing his desk when he had several cars trooping into the company.

So he had peeped from his window, and he had seen the Queen's entourage, five cars as usual.

He watched his mother stepped down from the dark Landrover looking elegant and sparkling as usual, emitting royalty and wealthiness.

He wondered what she was here for.

He just sat back waiting for her. In less than five minutes, his intercom rang. It was his secretary calling to inform his his mother was waiting to see him 'let her in' he said simply.

And in another three minutes, his mother was in his office.

'good morning mum' he said going for an embrace.

'good morning my darling, how are you today?' She took a seat.

'i'm doing great mum. You look so beautiful this morning'

'thanks' She looked at herself proudly 'and you look dashing'

'thanks. How was the journey down here?'

'oh it was great. We were actually held by traffic. We were supposed to have been here ealier than this'

'if you had been here earlier than this then you wouldnt have met me here for i'm just resuming'

'you work too hard for a boss my son'

'if i have to succeed with my business, then i'll have to work harder' He shrugged.

'and if i may ask, what happens to all of this when you become king? I tell you my son, handling the community is a task on its own, and then when you couple it with this big empire you're building? I'm sorry son but in no time, you'll have to give up on this business, just very soon'

His countenance changed 'that never happening mother'

His mother laughed 'thats happening already dear. You'll be king. Very soon'

It was his turn to laugh now 'you have such high dreams mum'

'and thats because i trust my son would make the right decision'

'yeah. I'm actually making the right decision as it is. Because i'm never going to be king'

She frowned 'Dike, you cant mean that, do you?'

'dont you trust me to make the right decisions anymore mother?'

'Dike!'

He just laughed. He was never going to rule Umuzulu, that was his decision.

TBC
tongue

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by iammolahs(m): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
haba aunty,, update please na
Re: Tradition - A Story by jellybabee(f): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi chumzypinky,I hope you and your family are in good health?
Re: Tradition - A Story by sheycrown(f): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hi chumpzpinky, I sincerely hope all is well
Re: Tradition - A Story by herlarho(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2017
I have something to say...
Re: Tradition - A Story by oldschooljam(f): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Madam Chumpzypink hope all is well embarassed parking here
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 9:16am On Nov 14, 2017
chumzypinky pls say something even if it's not an update to at least know you are doing fine.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.