Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138798 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by fam24(f): 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Chumzypinky, I greet you o. Wishing you a successful promotion exam, big big money and a safe delivery to that wonderful prince(s) you are transporting to the world. Regards to the princesses and hubby. Tell hubby to assist with the house chore, and prepare pepper soup for you o. Take care
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
fam24:
Chumzypinky, I greet you o. Wishing you a successful promotion exam, big big money and a safe delivery to that wonderful prince(s) you are transporting to the world. Regards to the princesses and hubby. Tell hubby to assist with the house chore, and prepare pepper soup for you o. Take care
thanks dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
bimberry1307:

Maybe you should remove that cotton wool in your ear and the plaster on your face.
Lol,maybe u can help since ur a qualify doctor
Re: Tradition - A Story by ceedarlin1(f): 9:10am On Mar 31, 2017
Followed from red ashes though have been a quest. You are just amazing at the stuff you do
.more grace dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 9:22am On Mar 31, 2017
Dear God,

Please protect the internet-woman I love, with a prayer that she should always be safe and happy.

May she never log in to any difficulties on her DELIEVERY day.

May satan never remember his password of torment and agony on that DAY.

May she have a happy browsing and joyful delievery, and by the time she log out of the delievery room, may she have enough Megabites of strenght to spread the Joyful news.

This are my prayers for you chumzypinky my wife..

YOUR CARING HUSBAND

TheBlessedMAN

God! I LOVE MY WIFE THATS READING THIS

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 9:51am On Mar 31, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Dear God,

Please protect the internet-woman I love, with a prayer that she should always be safe and happy.

May she have a happy browsing and joyful delievery, and by the time she log out of the delievery room, may she have enough Megabites of strenght to spread the Joyful news.

YOUR CARING HUSBAND

TheBlessedMAN

someone is in love.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by SPDAZZY(f): 9:59am On Mar 31, 2017
Amen
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 10:43am On Mar 31, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Dear God,

YOUR CARING HUSBAND

TheBlessedMAN

AWWWWWWWWWW! So sweet.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Tradition...
Shiv sniffed, dabbing her eyes with the handkerchief Richelle had borrowed her 'it was such a foolhardy thing to do Rich. I regret everything now. Choudhary really loved me and i loved him too. We've been through alot together and he's always been there for me through thick and thin. And this is how i repay him? Aint i the most heartless person the world ever produced?' Her eyes were puffy and bloody red.

Richelle hugged her friend 'no bebe, you're not the most heartless person. What you did, you did because you thought it was the right thing to do. And so i dont judge you at all. You just wanted to make your mother happy. You just chose your mother over Choudhary and its not really wrong. Because your mother first before anyone else. But whats wrong is the fact that you chose someone else's happiness over yours. But you'll be fine, trust me'

'but its too late to start over' She sniffed into her friend's cloth 'i'm married to Dike now and its too late'

'nothing's ever too late my friend. The only thing thats late is death and you're not dead my friend. You're alive and when there's life, there's hope'

'yeah you are right. But i cant possibly divorce Dike if thats what you're trying to think. I've lost Choudhary for good. I've lost him completely'

Richelle placed her left hand under her chin 'tell me something dear friend, is there no way in which you can divorce Dike?'

Shivani looked away 'its going to take so much procedures and time. And there might be punishment or fine. Sometimes banishment. And there must be a candid and good reason for that. In other words Rich, it isnt possible. I'm stuck for life'

She placed an index finger on her friend's lips 'nothing's too impossible for God to do. Just believe and trust in him. He'll always be there for you, okay?'

Shiv nodded and sniffed again.

It was almost five thirty.
They had been scheduled to leave by six. Shiv hurriedly dashed into the bathroom, had a cool shower then returned to the room. She had just a white towel tied across her chest, with nothing underneath when she heard Dike's loud and rich laughter from the hallway. For no just reason her heart stilled. She knew he wasnt coming to her room, he had never been there before and she was sure he would never be. But she suddenly felt naked with just the towel even when the door was locked from the inside.

It was obvious he was making a call with the way he laughed and talked with whoever he was. And then she heard him say "i love you too dear" Her heart stopped working.
Dike had a girlfriend?

Not that she was jealous or angry. But she was just surprised. But then she shrugged. What did she expect from such a man. It was no news that Dike didnt love any of them. And since he encouraged them to have extra marital affairs if they wanted to, then they were to expect same from him, right?

She slowly opened her wardrobe and settled for a pink strapless straight and pencilled knee-length gown with three black bowtie in the region between the two breasts. It was a beautiful gown and she remembered Richelle giving it to her as a birthday gift the previous year. She had never worn the dress before and chose that day to wear it.

She wasnt in the mood for heel shoes so she settled for a blue heel sandals and a blue clutch. She wore a blue neck bead and added a stud. Her makeup was between heavy and light. And she loved it that way.

She sprayed her channel perfume and when she looked at herself again in the mirror, she knew she was good to go.

'this is my chance' Mia said to herself as she coated her full lips with lipstick 'Dike's mine'

Her dress was short and loose. She chose not to wear the dress her mother had ordered for her. Instead settled for something revealing, short and loose. She knew why she wore it "incase of sharp sharp" She told herself.

The Lolo's birthday just came in time and she couldnt help her excitement.

'Mia' She heard her mother call and she knew she was approaching her room, judging from the sound of her heels against the stairs 'Mia are you done?'

'just a minute!'

Her mother opened the door and entered. Then a gasp escaped from her lips 'what is this you're wearing?!'

Mia looked down, a smug grin on her face 'whats wrong with it?'

Her mother came closer and before she could blink, she was slapped 'what happened to the clothes i ordered for you?!'

Mia held her cheeks painfully and swallowed 'i'm not wearing it! This is what i'm wearing to the party....'

Another slap.

'what did you say? You think i'd allow you dress like a cheap prostitute to that party where people from all walks of life would be attending. Dignitaries all over the state? Where responsible people will be of attendance? Why are you doing this Mia? Why do you want to smear my name with the mud, why?'

Mia hissed and picked her purse 'if you're not taking me, then i'll drive myself. See you later' She walked away.

No one was going to ruin her plans for tonight.

TBC

14 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Dear God,

YOUR CARING HUSBAND

TheBlessedMAN

aww! So sweet. Thanks hubby and i love you too
Re: Tradition - A Story by Alennsar(f): 11:02am On Mar 31, 2017
Uhm this is cokastic

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Queengolden(f): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2017
hmmmmmm anoda beautiful pieces ..........well queen golden is back with plenty support to give to mummy chummy........missed you soo
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Dear God,

YOUR CARING HUSBAND

TheBlessedMAN

Amen
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2017
Queengolden:
hmmmmmm anoda beautiful pieces ..........well queen golden is back with plenty support to give to mummy chummy........missed you soo
me too
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
mia u better be care becos I knw u gonna get hurt
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2017
mia u better be careful becos I knw u gonna get hurt
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
@TheBlessedMAN, an update has dropped oo
Re: Tradition - A Story by nanadeeva01(f): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Loving every bit of this story keep up the good work
Re: Tradition - A Story by Azeequeen(f): 9:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Dear God,what more can I ask for this woman? Everybody is now a prayer warrior n all my prayers have already been said. Nonetheless,I will still say one or two.

Dear God,provide for Mrs Chumpzypinky's husband both real n Nl husband. Enrich their pockets.

Her children shall not be a source of sadness unto her.

Amen.
Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 10:02pm On Mar 31, 2017
Azeequeen:
Dear God,what more can I ask for this woman? Everybody is now a prayer warrior n all my prayers have already been said. Nonetheless,I will still say one or two.

Dear God,provide for Mrs Chumpzypinky's husband both real n Nl husband. Enrich their pockets.

Amen.
tank u dear. Wish u d same
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
Azeequeen:

Amen.
amen oo. I claim it
Re: Tradition - A Story by domido(m): 6:18am On Apr 01, 2017
Happy new month to everyone on this thread.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:02am On Apr 01, 2017
Tradition...
'y'all can go. I will ride with Dike' Dora announced when the others were about leaving.
They turned to her abruptly before shrugging and they all trooped out of the house.

'Shivani?' Dora called as she was about stepping out.

Shivani sighed. Dora wanted to start again and she really didnt have her time at all 'yes?' She turned.

'i want to see you for a moment' Dora said. Her eyes were pleading.

'okay. But it has to be fast so the others dont go without me'

'dont worry. We'll both ride with Dike'

Shiv blinked. Did Dora just say that? 'are you serious?' She asked more in bewilderment.

'look i'm sorry okay. I'm sorry for everything. I know i've been a badass, a jackass, what have you since you came here. I'm sorry that i've been hostile towards you. I thought wrong about you and i want to apologise. You are not how i thought you to be and i'm deeply sorry. I want to be friends with you and i want to get to know you better. I also realised that i should never have stopped you from hanging around with Dike. He's our husband and we both have equal rights to him. I'm sorry about everything. Believe me you. I'm usually not like that and all i want from you is a second chance to redeem myself and prove to you that i could be the best friend you'll ever have. Please i beg you' She clasped her palms together.

Shiv stared in surprise. Too many surprises for just one day.

'happy birthday my friend!' Freda squealed as she exchanged hugs and kisses with the Lolo before handing her a packaged present.

'thanks Freda. I'm really glad you could make it' She stared at the package in her hands with a smile.

'are you kidding me? I wouldnt miss it for anything in the world! You're practically my bestfriend in the whole world' She hugged the Lolo again 'where's the Igwe anyway?'

'i dunno. Maybe in the throneroom. Maybe in the bedroom. Wherever he may be. You can check up on him while i see to the other girls. Did you come with Mia?'

Freda rolled her eyes 'yeah i did. She's somewhere around with her miserable and irresponsible friends'

'i'll see you around then' Lolo walked away.

Freda watched her go far for a moment before catwalking to the throneroom. She suspected the Igwe might be there. And it turned out to be true.

He was seated on the throne. Alone. Obviously brooding with the way his jaws curved up and his left palm rested on the hand of the chair and under his chin.

'Frank' Freda said in an audible whisper.

Igwe looked up quickly. Then he smiled 'Freda, come in' he beckoned on her. She quietly shut the door and ran to him. She sat on his laps placing a quick kiss on his lips before rising again and straightening her dress 'how are you Frank?'

'c'mon that was too quick Freda. You know i missed you so much' He smacked her ass.

'you have to respect yourself Igwe before someone comes in and finds us in a compromising position. You know whats gonna happen. But we'll meet at the hotel in town tomorrow. Then i promise....' She licked her lips seductively and winked 'i promise to take you to heaven and back'

'hmm, i love the sound of that' He laughed.

She sat on one of the chairs close to the throne 'so what were you thinking about? Because you looked lost when i came in here'

'me? Maybe you're mistaken. Because i wasnt thinking about anything'

'is it Ngozi?'

'no. Not Ngozi'

'then what is it?'

'its no one. Its just me being in a bad mood'

'when you're supposed to be outside meeting guest or discussing with us Chiefs'

'true. But i'm just not up to it'

'may i ask why?'

'i'm just bothered about what Ifeyinwa told me' He finally decided to open up.

'what did she tell you?'

'she said Ngozi's having an affair with one of the Ichies and i'm just wondering if its true'

Freda grimaced 'that Ifeyinwa can lie!' Ifeyinwa was one of the Igwe's wives 'Ngozi isnt having an affair' She sounded so sure whereas she wasnt. Nobody could trust anyone anymore. Besides, if someone had walked up to Ngozi and told her she was having an affaiar with her husband, Ngozi would readily kill that person in doubt.

'are you sure?'

Freda reached for his hands and squeezed gently 'listen Igwe, the Lolo is my friend and i know her very well. She loves you and the last thing she'll ever do is cheat on you. I can say that anytime anyday'

The Igwe looked at her in admiration, then he smiled 'do you know you're different? Many women, many other mistresses would readily jump at the opportunity to slander the wives of their men. But you're...you're different. You choose to stand by your friend and i adore you for that'

'thats because i love you Igwe'

'and i love you too Freda. Anything for you. Hotel by 5pm' He winked.

The door opened and Ngozi entered immediately, a deadly look on her face.

TBC

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Alennsar(f): 7:29am On Apr 01, 2017
This spells doom for the two of them
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 8:34am On Apr 01, 2017
Hmmmmm, make ah hold ma breath first,

meanwhile, happy new month MOMSI, and HAPPY STRESSFREE WEEKEND
Re: Tradition - A Story by honourable356(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2017
I came across this story....and followed it silently.....

A story written by a heavily pregnant woman...
A story that sound like reality....
A story that could keep the readers glue to his or her phone for hours..
A story that could get someone emotional..
A story that teaches one various lessons..
I won't be surprised if this story or any of her work influence people with bad or evil behavior or intention to become a better person...

She may not be the very best but Who then won't acknowledged the writer creative ability?? Her ability to string words together to create something interesting bar errors here and there is quiet impressive!

Who say Nigerians don't have creative talent due to the recycled nollywoods movies?

such a talent...with a pen or keyboard on her hand,she is something else...am I merely exaggerating?? certain not!

Be motivated..
Be inspired...
Given the right environment, financial empowerment,I see you becoming renowned.

What more can I say?? you are on the verge of increasing our population... probably with another writer.

smiles...
wishing you safe delivery.

11 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by charytea(f): 9:22am On Apr 01, 2017
O Set eh!
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ochyglowsglows(f): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2017
I have bee and following this story and I v not said a word. But I really can't be a ghost reader no more. Ma'am u r wonderful. I want to say so many things, but I can't find d right words. I love u, Ochyglows appreciates ur writing. Pls ma, do u stay in lag? I don't mind sending a cake for our baby when he's born, or during his child dedication. It's just to say thanks for feeding ur readers, me especially.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]dear literature landers nd lovers of boffinjay.today is boffinjay's birthday.kindly show some of love by wishin him a happy birthday.GOD bless you as you do this.
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
Op Ngozi Didnt Was Listening......

Keep It Up Pinky....

Safe Delivery!!!

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by EvaJael(f): 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
boffinjay:
[color=#000099][/color]dear literature landers nd lovers of boffinjay.today is boffinjay's birthday.kindly show some of love by wishin him a happy birthday.GOD bless you as you do this.
Happy birthday to u
Re: Tradition - A Story by EvaJael(f): 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
Mummy Chumzy thank u ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.