Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138800 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by sirblero(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
#gehn_ghen_ghen!!!
I smell trouble...
nice story ma'am..loving this story like ..ghon! #following..
Re: Tradition - A Story by mexzzy47(m): 2:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nice..... Following
Re: Tradition - A Story by susiivy: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
mexzzy47:
Nice..... Following
me too
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2017
EvaJael:
Happy birthday to u
thanks dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by EvaJael(f): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
boffinjay:
thanks dear
Ur most welcome
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ochyglowsglows:
I have bee and following this story and I v not said a word. But I really can't be a ghost reader no more. Ma'am u r wonderful. I want to say so many things, but I can't find d right words. I love u, Ochyglows appreciates ur writing. Pls ma, do u stay in lag? I don't mind sending a cake for our baby when he's born, or during his child dedication. It's just to say thanks for feeding ur readers, me especially.
oh thanks dear. But i reside in Asaba

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Adesina12: 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:

May be you are the one I saw in the wedding of mr and Mrs. Okorie today in Asaba
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
Chumzypinky:

Asaba? that's where I school... how are u doing and our unborn princess?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Bibi294(f): 7:02am On Apr 02, 2017
Chumzypinky:

I hang out in Asaba once in awhile

Where do you stay? Hopefully we can meet even though I don't know my way around
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 3:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
gan gan! Freda is in soup! I just hope it won't affect the relationship between Dike and Shiv sha.
Re: Tradition - A Story by ladiesBOO(m): 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
EmpresFIDEL:
Asaba? that's where I school... how are u doing and our unborn princess?
sweetheart, what's up with your weekend?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
***** Enters thread with his luggages*****
After the smooth, adventurous, unforgettable, mindblowing, curious triggering journey from page 0 to page 47, I must say you were wonderfully, creativefully, beautifully, intelligently made and to crown it all you were ordained a writter in heaven.

Right from Red Ashes to this ongoing megahit in the literature section, I must say I envy you and I wish I have your grace, chumzypinky.

And before I forget where are Wizsolzy, Ikombe and TheBlessedMan.
You guys should come here right now
*****they all rush to me*****
Wizsolzy take my luggages to my room.
Ikombe go get me something palatable to eat.
TheBlessedMan go get me a cup of cappuccino mixed with warm Indian cow milk, not too hot not too cold.

Wizsolzy, Ikombe, TheBlessedMan: okay sir.

*****they all leave to carry out their duties*****

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by crazo(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
preciousuweh:

TheBlessedMan go get me a cup of cappuccino mixed with warm Indian cow milk, not too hot not too cold.

this baba just find herd of lions troubleS sha. I'm just observing for their replies abeg grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
ladiesBOO:
sweetheart, what's up with your weekend?
awesome and yours?
Re: Tradition - A Story by yungeez(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2017
nice 1 chumzypinky, thanks 4 d update bt i still want more #OliverTwistGang dey said u went 2 deliver, how is our baby
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Adesina12:

May be you are the one I saw in the wedding of mr and Mrs. Okorie today in Asaba
lol. Hahahaha
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
preciousuweh:
After the smooth, adventurous, unforgettable, mindblowing, curious triggering journey from page 0 to page 47, I must say you were wonderfully, creativefully, beautifully, intelligently made and to crown it all you were ordained a writter in heaven.

Right from Red Ashes to this ongoing megahit in the literature section, I must say I envy you and I wish I have your grace, chumzypolinky.

Ghen! Ghen!! Ghen!!!

Na trouble you fine so o!

I just pray you come out of it with all your bones intact.
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
preciousuweh:

Right from Red Ashes to this ongoing megahit in the literature section, I must say I envy you and I wish I have your grace, chumzypolinky.

Ikombe u dey see dis one so. Chia fada lawd of amadioha hv Messi. Watin we do dis one now The blessedman
Ah fit shoot some body oo

Re: Tradition - A Story by brohimot(f): 1:06am On Apr 03, 2017
Mum Chumzy hope u are OK,no updates since 2days now. Or u don shit for house Ni?
Re: Tradition - A Story by ikombe: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2017
preciousuweh:

Re: Tradition - A Story by smizel(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
preciousuweh:

hmm. U don enta wahala
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
brohimot:
Mum Chumzy hope u are OK,no updates since 2days now. Or u don shit for house Ni?
abeg forgive me. I've been so busy

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 4:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
Tradition...
'Igwe' Ngozi called, her face squeezed 'what is this i'm hearing?'

'wh...what are you hearing?' He sounded frightened and tried his best not to look at Freda whose face was already buried in her palms.

'are you actually asking me that?!'

'Ngo...Ngozi, its...its not what you think. What....'

'how could you do have done such a thing Igwe? And you Freda, you supported this as well didnt you?'

Freda looked up, tears already forming in her eyes. Her whole world was crumbling. Who could have thought that this was how her secret with the Igwe would be exposed? On Ngozi's birthday party? Where everyone was present? She knew it was only a matter of time before other people started trooping into the throneroom. She just wished she could save herself from this type of embarrassment 'Ngozi please...its...its not what you think. I can actually explain everything but please....please...' She didnt even know what to plead for.

'why would you want to support such a thing Freda?! Why would you want Ibe removed from the council? Dont you know he's my relative? How could you have supported Igwe's decision?'

'huh?!' Both Freda and Igwe gasped in unison, then exchanged glances.

'Igwe you promised to let Ibe remain in the council. He's my relative and you know it. Look, i might not know the reason why you ordered him removed but i'm being very serious now when i say he'd better be returned to seat'

Igwe and Freda looked at each other again 'is that what you were talking 'bout?'

She faced her friend 'yes, thats what i was talking 'bout. What did you think i was talking 'bout

11 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Lol Freda almost pEEd on her pants
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
lol

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
'i...i...' Freda stammered.

Ngozi looked at both of them suspiciously 'is there something else you're not telling me?'

'eh...uh...nothing...nothing else...right Igwe?' Freda looked at him.

He let out a sigh of relief 'yes nothing else. We just didnt understand what you were saying. And about Ibe, yes...i...i...we...we purposedly removed him from the council because he's not delivering well. All he does is extract money from the villagers for his own use. So he was removed. Sorry to say Ngozi but your cousin is corrupt. And thats why he was removed' He tried to sound confident.

'that was why he was removed?! Are you even listening to yourself Igwe? That man is my relative! And you removed him, you couldnt even let me know. And he was complaining to me just now. See Igwe i'm warning you oo, i'm warning you. Place him back in his former position. I wont say more than that already' She stormed out of the throneroom and Freda sighed in relief. She looked at Igwe and whispered:
'that was close'

'really close' He nodded his head then placed a sweaty palm on his forehead.

'is it true you removed Ibe from seat? Because i'm not aware'

'its true. That man's a scoundrel. Imagine him questioning the whereabouts of the ten million naira the Government allocated to this community this month!'

'ten million? The government gave us ten million?'

'well, you know how we do this things Freda. Sometimes we just have to siphone some money into our pockets as well. We shouldnt just work for the people but for our pockets as well. He was too inquisitive and he even threatened going to report to the governor that the money had been siphoned. And so i had to do something before it was too late'

'i wasnt aware of the money. Is it that so many things are happening in this community without my notice?'

'not really. We shared the money amongst ourselves. And 1.5million got to you so dont worry. The money would be forwarded to your account tomorrow morning, i assure you' he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and she quickly shrugged it off 'dont tell me you're doing that with what just happened?'

'what just happened?'

'anyone could barge in here anytime!' She stood up with an exasperated sigh 'i'll be at the party Igwe. Staying here with you is too risky' She started walking to the door.

'are we still meeting tomorrow?'

She turned to him immediately 'hush! Dont say that too loud. Someone might hear you'

'i'm sorry'

She sighed again 'well, we'll see about that tomorrow'

'i love you' he said.

'dont say that! Anyone could eavesdrop'

He just laughed while she opened the door and left. She looked around for Ngozi and found her seated alone. She walked up to her 'whats the celebrant doing seated all alone and not mingling?' She tried to sound cheerful.

Ngozi looked away.

Freda decided to play along 'i know you're mad at me NG and i'm sorry. Honestly, i didnt entirely support the whole idea. The other council members wanted Ibe removed because of his attitude in the council. It was a case of majority carries the vote. I knew you'd be sad and angry. So i tried. Believe me i really tried my best. But it was just as if i was all alone. I couldnt do or say anything anymore. And that was even what i was discussing with Igwe before you barged in and we were both scared you overheard the conversation. Not knowing you already heard about. I've talked to the Igwe already and i'm just hoping Igwe takes back his decision. He's being hardhearted concerning this issue because we've all been tolerating his...'

'thats enough Freda' Ngozi cut in quickly 'stop trying to find excuses for yourself. You didnt do anything about it. You supported the rest. And thats because you all wanted him out so y'all could easily siphone money to your accounts'

'Ngozi! Dont say that'

'what shouldnt i say? Isnt that true? Or you think i'm not aware of all the corruption going on amongst you rulers? Even my husband the Igwe's among. Even you Freda. Or because i dont talk 'bout it? I really dont care if y'all eat up all the money allocated to the community. Its none of my business. Because what i wont tolerate is y'all removing my cousin from seat simply because y'all want to siphone money to your pockets! I wont take it. Do you hear me?'

'Ngozi...'

'you'd better do something about it. And be fast about it'

'Ngozi...'

'i've said my own Freda. I'm not going back on my words. Ibe should be reinstated. Else! Else...something unbargained for would....'

They were interrupted by the sound of angry voices somewhere around. They looked around and saw Mia holding Shivani's dress and shouting on top of her voice.

'oh my God' Freda blinked.

TBC

8 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Alennsar(f): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hey this is serious
Re: Tradition - A Story by Audrinakane(f): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hmmm such a suspense. What is Mia up to?
Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wow Chumzypinky great delivery I enjoy every bit of it more grace to u. .......
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Mia is dat aw yhu want to win the prince heart?

Fighting his wife in his very own presence??

SMH for yhu

3 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by splendidiva(f): 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
I don't even know who I shld take side wit dike of her oyinbo bf,d three deserve 2 b happy too

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Alennsar(f): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
splendidiva:
I don't even know who I shld take side wit dike of her oyinbo bf,d three deserve 2 b happy too

Please take side with me cos we are going back to the state together.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.