Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138891 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:26pm On May 10, 2017
nice but short update.wehdone ma
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nuellaluv(f): 10:16pm On May 10, 2017
ikombe:
Nairaland is a home for all. And am happy u love nairaland. grin

Don't forget to hail oga seun for creating this platform too wink
I Neva see ur partner in crime hope say him still dey sha one luv and mummy chumzypinky I want to give birth to twins lyk u but identical can I tape into your blessing nnem biko
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 6:36am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

I Neva see ur partner in crime hope say him still dey sha one luv and mummy chumzypinky I want to give birth to twins lyk u but identical can I tape into your blessing nnem biko
lol. U are free to tap
Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 7:19am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

U need not to worry dear, am a twin u can come so that we will do the magic, u will get twin as many time i enters
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2017
Johnsown1:

U need not to worry dear, am a twin u can come so that we will do the magic, u will get twin as many time i enters

lolzzz oya don dey play the blues grin grin grin

everybody good sweet morning oo, hope say Una nite dey kampe

momsi hope you slept well and sweet, how our ejima dem,
tell dem say uncle say good morning ooo cool,

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by princessadeola(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2017
Maybe things will start taking shape from here
Re: Tradition - A Story by ikombe: 9:21am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

Wizsolzy person dey find you
Re: Tradition - A Story by ikombe: 9:22am On May 11, 2017
Johnsown1:

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:25am On May 11, 2017
'why did your mum kick her out then?' He suddenly asked.

'i...dont know. But they never really got along. Mia has always been of the opinion that mum never loved her. And mum has always been of the opinion that nothing good will ever come out of Mia, that she's a worthless child and she's constantly disappointed when Mia doesnt get anything right. Like when she got pregnant in JSS2' She sighed. She didnt like talking about this or telling anyone about this but Mia had gotten pregnant at the age of twelve.

'are you serious?' He tried not to sound very inquisitive.

'yeah. I dont know why i'm telling you about this though. Promise you wont tell anyone about it?'

'i cross my heart'

'you're late for work. Maybe you should get going'

He chuckled 'what happened to the child?'

'well, mum gave her up for adoption. The last time i heard about her, she was living comfortably with her parents in Germany. She should be 12 now'

'was Mia in support of this?'

'she doesnt know the child was given up for adoption. She was told the child died immediately after birth. And she cried so much then. She really loved her child' Shiv looked down the tears threatening to spill.

She could still remember that day like it was yesterday. She had knelt down in tears, begging her mum not to give Mia's child away, but her mum had refused.

'Mia's too young to take care of a child. What does she know? How's she going to carry a child at twelve? What will people say about her? What about her education? What about this child's father that nobody knows about? Do you think i want a bastard child for a granddaughter?' Her mum shouted.

'but mum...we can still sort this out cant we?' She cried, she was just fourteen but she understood what her mum was doing to her sister and her child 'Mia already loves the child. I saw it in her eyes when she carried this child. She already named her. Please dont give Kelly away, i beg of you'

'get out of my way! What do you know? What do you know about a mother loving a child at this age? Listen and listen very good Shivani, i hold a very important title in this village and i'm quite popular. I cant take or tolerate disgrace from any child of mine. This little thing in my hands...' She pointed at the baby sleeping peacefully in her hands 'is going to bring shame to my family and i dont want that. She's going to distract your sister. Everything will go wrong, i dont know if you understand me'

'but...but Mia already wants this child' Tears strolled from her eyes as she clung to her mother's dress.

'Mia's just twelve!! What does she know?! I want the best for this child and your sister and i'm doing what i know is best for the both of them and i'm not going to regret my decision and neither am i going back on it'

'if Mia finds out, she's going to kill herself mother'

'Mia doesnt have to know about this. She brought all this to herself anyway. She's just a useless child who would do everything within her power to drag our family name to the mud. We should protect it, you should protect it. This is not time to think about Mia's feelings concerning this child. This is time to think about what we are going to lose, i mean the prestige and respect we would surely lose if the people from the community get to find out about Mia's illegitimate child. But dont you worry dear Shiv, this child will be in good hands. I have a wealthy friend who's been childless since God knows when and she's going to adopt this child. This child is going to be fine so dont you worry. Katherine is wealthy alongside her husband, Doctor Phil who's a neurosurgeon in Germany, everything's going to fine so dont worry. They own lots and lots of money and they are going to settle us with millions, lots and lots of money, enough for me to send you abroad to further your education next year when you're done with you WAEC' And without waiting for her to speak further, her mother had carried the child in her arms and walked out.

And seeing her sister so miserable after they had told her her child had died due to a hole detected in her heart or something like that, Shiv had broken down in tears and again she had pleaded with her mother to return the child and that had been the first time her mum hit her.

'are you crying?' Dike's voice shook her from reverie.

'no' She quickly wiped away the tears.

She was surprised when he reached for her hands 'dont cry. I know how painful it is for you to watch your sister's bundle of joy taken away from her with you not being able to do anything about it. And i dont want you judging your mother either. Cos i believe she did what she thought was best for your sister. And she also loves your sister in her own way'

'i just dont like the strained relationship between them. Right now i feel like a monster for chasing Mia. Mother chased her out and she came to me and i also did same. What kind of a sister does that make me? Does it even make me human? I mean, wasnt i supposed to stand by her?

10 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:34am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

Am hear Oba no dey go transfer.. as my brother call me I show shapely...
Kneel down make me nd apostle ikombe pray for you...Mk u born twins...

For Marley night...Make una call me by eight I go done close dat time

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:48am On May 11, 2017
But i threw her out as well. My sister has gone through alot and i feel horrible for what i did to her. I made a big mistake and i'm regretting it. I just wish i can find her. She doesnt take my calls or reply my messages. I regret acting on anger. Just because of the little things she said to me that day, i threw her out. But the fact that she had attempted killing me freaked me out. I thought she might try killing me. And the fact that she seduced you. How could she have slept with my husband? Fine, our relationship cant be said to be that of husband/wife relationship, but then, legally and traditionally, you're my husband. It doesnt matter that we dont love each other, she shouldnt have done it' She sobbed 'what did she stand to gain? But then again, i also realised she still loved me despite everything. Perhaps she just wanted me to see, dont get me wrong, but perhaps she wanted me to see that you were no good yourself, that you slept with almost everything underneath skirts. I'm not trying to judge you, i...'

'i understand' He cut in slightly hurt that that was what she thought of him.

'she still believes i shouldnt have dumped my ex because of you. I mean, Choudhary loves me, he was ready to do anything for my sake and i dumped it out of the blues, just to please my mum. What kind of a woman does that even make me? Am i worthy to be someone's wife, sister and daughter? What kind of a human did God create in me? Why am i so heartless? Why do i put myself first before people who love me? Mia wants me to be happy. She wants the best for me to the extent she forced herself into sleeping with you just so she could prove a point. Yes, maybe she did it the wrong way but i'm sure she wasnt thinking. Mia's so sweet, she wouldnt do anything bad to anyone. Marrying Choudhary would have been best i know. But i thought i was doing it for mum, not knowing i was putting my happiness away. And the love my sister has for me as well. Yes, she stated something about trying to poison me when we were kids. But then i remember vividly that day, that when she handed me the pudding, she herself spilled it on my body just when i was about taking it. She might have tried killing me but she loved me enough not to allow me have it. Again she wasnt thinking when she thought of poisoning me. And even after she said those words to me that day and i asked her to leave, i saw the regret in her eyes. I knew it wasnt her regretting the fact that i asked her to leave the house but the fact that she said those horrible things to me. Again, she wasnt thinking when she spoke those words to me....'

'your sister must have a problem with her thinking faculty' Dike interjected and she glanced at him through tear-filled eyes, he quickly swallowed his words 'that was supposed to come out as a joke. Sorry, it came out wrongly' But it wasnt a joke. There was somethings he needed to clear Shivani about. He wanted to tell her that her sister wasnt who she painted her to be. That her sister knew what she was doing and what she wanted. But he couldnt. He didnt want to break her heart any further. Seeing her cry this way already did something funny to his heart. He couldnt bring himself to do more.

'you're pouring yourself out to me' He said 'it simply means you've had all this bottled up inside of you all this while and its good you let it out,' He squeezed her hands gently relishing its softness 'but then i have some few things to say, what i'm not sure of is if you'd appreciate them and so for that i reason, i reserve them. But what i want you to know is - i suck at motivational speeches - but just know that you only know your heart. You're only sure of yourself, what you know and what you dont. You cant sure of other people's heart because you dont know whats in it. Your sister needs space. Do not call or text her again. When she's finally had enough space to herself, she'll come around. She'll look for you. And stop giving yourself the impression that she wasnt thinking for all the things she did/said to you, she owes you an apology. There's no justification for what she did. Wasnt thinking or not. Believe me when i say your sister knows what she's doing. I slept with her, shamefully, that day and i know what i'm talking about. She wasnt forcing herself, she was willing. I understand you really love her, but learn to love you first. From what i could grasp, you dont love yourself. You feel you arent good enough and you think you always make mistakes. I saw that in you the very first time we met at my office. Learn to love you, learn to care about you and when you do, caring about other people happens on its own. Now clean your eyes and dont cry. You're a christian right?'

'yes'

'keep praying for your sister. Cos i'm not a religious person myself, understood?'

She nodded.

He smiled softly and handed an embroided handkerchief to her, finished up his coffee and left for work.

TBC

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by Igyeseh(m): 9:49am On May 11, 2017
It was simple.
He just scooped a spoonful of margarine and dropped it in the hot and dry frypan, waited till it melted before adding the sliced carrots and cucumber, he allowed it fry a little before pouring the eggs after adding a pinch of salt into the fry.
It was nice but the eggs wasnt flat. It could pass for egg sauce if tomato had been added into it.
[/quote]
Thanks alot mummy chumzy for this detail explaination.
Breakfast today in my home was superb.
I prepared the egg precisely as you explain here and serve my wife and three kids with tea, bread and the eggs.
If you see as my family dey celebrate me here enh, me too dey serious dey form world class chef.
Thanks so so much, am grateful for learning without paying.

14 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by boldndbeautiful(f): 10:22am On May 11, 2017
Whoop, congratulations mama Ejima, aw is our babies Doing?, thank God for giving u such supportive mother-in-law and a good mother, thank God for your family. And thanks for the updates, u r wonderfully and strongly made.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Roseygold(f): 10:31am On May 11, 2017
Infact u are genius please i realy feel for mia, make her repent because it take only the people who pass tru loneliness undastand what it mean by be lonely my dear sister loneliness kill faster than any disease. I begg change mia she has gone tru alot

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:43am On May 11, 2017
thanks for the update mummyChumzy but shiv don't knw what her sister is capable of at all..
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ochyglowsglows(f): 10:56am On May 11, 2017
Thanks Mummy Gabby. You are a strong woman. I'm just the assistant mummy of one baby, yet I know how stressful it is, let alone twins. U do well. Chukwu gozie gi.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nuellaluv(f): 11:15am On May 11, 2017
Johnsown1:

That your magic no go work u hear me bah
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nuellaluv(f): 11:18am On May 11, 2017
wizsolzy:

Am hear Oba no dey go transfer.. as my brother call me I show shapely... Kneel down make me nd apostle ikombe pray for you...Mk u born twins...
For Marley night...Make una call me by eight I go done close dat time
Una two prayer hmmmm I fear ooooo abeg make I see road clear for my area joor
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

Una two prayer hmmmm I fear ooooo abeg make I see road clear for my area joor

If u say so..U know a wise Chinese man once said

1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 11:44am On May 11, 2017
Nuellaluv:

That your magic no go work u hear me bah
Let's try it first
Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 11:45am On May 11, 2017
[quote author=ikombe post=56411937][/quote]
How and why
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 1:27pm On May 11, 2017
Igyeseh:

It was simple.
He just scooped a spoonful of margarine and dropped it in the hot and dry frypan, waited till it melted before adding the sliced carrots and cucumber, he allowed it fry a little before pouring the eggs after adding a pinch of salt into the fry.
It was nice but the eggs wasnt flat. It could pass for egg sauce if tomato had been added into it.

Thanks alot mummy chumzy for this detail explaination.
Breakfast today in my home was superb.
I prepared the egg precisely as you explain here and serve my wife and three kids with tea, bread and the eggs.
If you see as my family dey celebrate me here enh, me too dey serious dey form world class chef.
Thanks so so much, am grateful for learning without paying.
u're welcome. U're the one that called rite?

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 2:06pm On May 11, 2017
Chumzylove, this story is totally and painstakingly awesome. Keep it up. I can't see your last post and I guess u've been banned. Don't worry, its like the antispot bot is after our family. But by the power of thunder invested in me, I'll rebuke that yoke. Trust me. I love u

3 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Adesina12: 2:41pm On May 11, 2017
wizsolzy:

If u say so..U know a wise Chinese man once said

That quote of the wise Chinese man is very correct....yes grin

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 2:58pm On May 11, 2017
chai! I cant believe Freda did that! your first grand daughter! haba mana!
Re: Tradition - A Story by stephenGee12(m): 3:13pm On May 11, 2017
TheBlessedMAN:
Chumzylove, this story is totally and painstakingly awesome. Keep it up. I can't see your last post and I guess u've been banned. Don't worry, its like the antispot bot is after our family. But by the power of thunder invested in me, I'll rebuke that yoke. Trust me. I love u

This bot wey just dey ban person like say tomorrow no dey. See eh by the powere invested in me by me I support ur thunder...

As I cook dat egg ehn na hin my gf no fit with me again ooo. So make una hellep me thank mummy chumpzypinky for this thing wey she do me oooo.
Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 3:47pm On May 11, 2017
wehdone ma
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 4:42pm On May 11, 2017
Hmmm! Fortunately i've been unbanned. I thank God the Mods quickly worked on my message. But wetin dey sup na? Why's the Mods provoking ni?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Bibi294(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Hmmm! Fortunately i've been unbanned. I thank God the Mods quickly worked on my message. But wetin dey sup na? Why's the Mods provoking ni?

Who banned you and for what reasons? Thank God the ban was lifted
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:58pm On May 11, 2017
Bibi294:

Who banned you and for what reasons? Thank God the ban was lifted
i just replied Igyeseh's comment with a thank u and thereabout, next thing i noticed, i was banned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.