Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138901 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by donteanz(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2017
Thank God awa iya ibeji has been unbanned.
This fried buttered egg ehn!!
This dickson guy na confam motivator. I really like the scope wey him dey adopt to take shower shivani love.
Oluwa God, bless our wonderful OP abundantly.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:11am On May 12, 2017
donteanz:
Thank God awa iya ibeji has been unbanned.
This fried buttered egg ehn!!
This dickson guy na confam motivator. I really like the scope wey him dey adopt to take shower shivani love.
Oluwa God, bless our wonderful OP abundantly.
amen oo and bless u too

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:00am On May 12, 2017
Adesina12:

That quote of the wise Chinese man is very correct....yes grin

Re: Tradition - A Story by Bibi294(f): 9:03am On May 12, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i just replied Igyeseh's comment with a thank u and thereabout, next thing i noticed, i was banned.

Don't mind dem badbelle... Keep on the good work
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:35am On May 12, 2017
Bibi294:

Don't mind dem badbelle... Keep on the good work
oh thanks dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by sageblaze(f): 11:11am On May 12, 2017
Congrats mummy chumzy... I have been following your story and I must say that it is intriguing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:25pm On May 12, 2017
Lolo looked up at both her husband, daughter and friend and wondered what was happening. Both the Igwe and Freda had the same looks on their faces, look of fear, regret and guilt.
While her daughter had a more triumphant look on her face and it looked brighter immediately she entered the throneroom after the Igwe's PA had told her the Igwe requested her presence in the throneroom.

'nne, you're here' She patted her daughter lightly on the shoulder 'what is happening Freda? You dont look bright' She sat down beside her friend and rested her head on her shoulders.

Freda shifted uncomfortably as the Lolo placed her head on her shoulders. She just forced a smile.

Ijeoma cleared her throat 'well mum, i hope you're okay?' She flashed her cutest smile at her mum.

'i'm okay by God's grace. Because your father cannot kill me at all, what is in me is greater than what is in him' She eyed her husband and hissed maliciously.

Ijeoma reached for her mother's hand placing her arm across Freda's laps and giving her the look.
'mum, all will be well ok? Dad and Chief Freda here has something important to tell you. And i believe after listening to it, everything will be okay'

'what does your dad have to tell me?' She sighed.

'everything' She glanced at her father and winked at her. The look on his face was horrible. And she didnt fail to notice the pool of tears in his eyes. She almost felt guilty but when she remembered what her father had done, she told herself she was doing the right thing. She had been through this before and she understood what it meant. Her mother deserved to know at least.

'Ngozi erm...i'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything that has been happening. I'm sorry for cheating on you, i'm sorry for everything. I accept, i did cheat on you. And thats the greatest mistake of my life. How would i have thought about cheating on you when you've been everything good to me? I'm very sorry Ngozi' He gazed into her eyes. He was trying hard to control the tears but he was failing.

'what about you Chief Freda? You dont have something to say?' Ijeoma asked forcing a smile.

'i dont want to stay here any longer' Ngozi said sitting up 'you all are making it so uncomfortable for me. What are you up to Igwe?'

'i'm trying to make it up to....'

'make what up to me you this filthy shameless man!' She cut in quickly 'so you think you can go around sleeping with the next available pothole and then you come back to me with the excuse of being sorry and you expect me to take you back? You must be silly for that!'

'you've not even heard anything yet mum. There's something even bigger you need to hear. So just calm down and hear the complete story' Ijeoma said trying to calm her mother down.

'what story is there to hear?'

'i wonder who should do the talking. Chief Freda or dad?' She smiled at the both of them and Freda wanted nothing more to smack that silly smile of her face. The girl was simply evil and unforgiving. Both she and the Igwe had begged her to forget about everything with the promise that they were going to end things between them but she would have none of it. She was hell bent on ruining them and she was succeeding already. What was she to tell Ngozi? How was she to start explaining herself?

'i think Chief Freda should do the honors' She heard Ijeoma say and she shivered. She heard the Igwe sigh in relief and it felt as if everything was turning against her.

She couldnt do it. She couldnt look Ngozi in the eyes and tell her everything she had done behind her.

'maybe...maybe Igwe should do the honors' She replied shakily.

'no i'd prefer you do it' Ijeoma said almost quickly, her eyes stern.

'i wont do it' Freda replied stubbornly. It doesnt matter if Ngozi knew about it but she wasnt going to hear it from her mouth.

'i dont understand. You wont do what?' Ijeoma was beginning to lose her cool.

'if you dont understand then you forget about it. One thing i know is that i have nothing to say and if you feel there's something that should be said then maybe you should say it yourself because i have no idea what you're talking about'

Ijeoma smiled one-sidedly 'really?'

'yes'

'you really think this silly tactic of yours is going to solve anything? You think its going to solve the fact that you've been my father's mistress since God knows when?!'

There was pin-drop silence in the throneroom.

TBC

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by Johnsown1(m): 8:31pm On May 12, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 12, 2017
breeze don blow... foul yansh don open
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nnnena(f): 9:51pm On May 12, 2017
it has happened. its now an open secret. weh done ma. even with all your workload you still find time for us. i love you ma. can you please be my dad 2nd wife pls
Re: Tradition - A Story by splendidiva(f): 10:39pm On May 12, 2017
I Luv u ma like kilode God's grace on u dear.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ifecoded(m): 10:57pm On May 12, 2017
Chaii, diaris god o
Re: Tradition - A Story by herosakin777(m): 11:12pm On May 12, 2017
God bless u for the updates hope the twins are fine ..... More grace to u #respect
Re: Tradition - A Story by ladiesBOO(m): 6:13am On May 13, 2017
this Ijeoma self, I thought her threat was to let the lolo know if Freda doesn't comply? why did she decide to blow it open again?
well, it's still better this way than letting lolo hear it through Mia
Re: Tradition - A Story by adebriana(f): 7:20am On May 13, 2017
I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the igwe cheating on Ngozi, he has 6 other wives. Why is she acting like the only wife? How did she know he was cheating? He could have said he slept with any of the other wives

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 9:35am On May 13, 2017
Nnnena:
it has happened. its now an open secret. weh done ma. even with all your workload you still find time for us. i love you ma. can you please be my dad 2nd wife pls
hahahaha. I accept the proposal dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by ladiesBOO(m): 10:51am On May 13, 2017
adebriana:
I honestly don't know what the fuss is about the igwe cheating on Ngozi, he has 6 other wives. Why is she acting like the only wife? How did she know he was cheating? He could have said he slept with any of the other wives
Ngozi is to Igwe what Dora is to Dike, it might be that he doesn't even give a hoot about the others
Re: Tradition - A Story by herosakin777(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2017
Chumzypinky never reply my comment I think I won't be commenting again I will just come read and go ( am sad though)
Re: Tradition - A Story by kendo60(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2017
Chumzypinky, I no wan vex for you. Just quietly come and complete this story OR..........! Make u no say "I no tell you"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2017
wow,freda is stil proving to be very stubborn,i guess mia copied dis attitude frm her mum
Re: Tradition - A Story by do4luv14(m): 1:59pm On May 13, 2017
Cahii! Chaii!! Chaiii!!! Dis silence dey are sharing so ooo
chai! Chaii!! Chaii !!!....... Dia is noise oooooogrin
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:05pm On May 13, 2017
herosakin777:
Chumzypinky never reply my comment I think I won't be commenting again I will just come read and go ( am sad though)
ah sorry na. Na so u dey vex? Someone cannot play with you? Is that how you used to do?

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Oladim001(m): 4:49pm On May 13, 2017
Chumzypinky:

ah sorry na. Na so u dey vex? Someone cannot play with you? Is that how you used to do?
I made a comment to. You didn't reply me. I don't know if it's intentional or not.
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2017
what is shiv saying sef angry angry angry angry

As for freda SORRY

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by herosakin777(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2017
Chumzypinky:

I think I got the attention I needed thank..... I would never stop commenting on ur thread that one is certain more Grace to u ma'am and God blessing to the twins
Re: Tradition - A Story by dupsai(f): 7:39pm On May 13, 2017
Mama Ejima, thanks for the update but pleeease let the title of the story begins to reflect now. Make Freda and the king dance naked at the market square. kiss
Re: Tradition - A Story by Twinkle004(f): 7:09am On May 14, 2017
Mummy Ejima how are the twins doing. Hope they are not disturbing you too much. Have a wonderful Sunday
Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Tradition.....

Mia had always known that her mother had always favoured Shivani right from childhood. Shivani was the apple of her mother's eyes, she knew that.

Everything Shivani wanted, she got. Shivani wanted to study abroad and their mother quickly complied. But when it got to her turn, their mother had quickly objected.

Her mother had always known just how much she loved Dike, even though she never mustered courage to let him know. Her mother knew that she would have eagerly jumped at the opportunity of being Dike's wife even after she knew and heard of how badly he treated his wives.

Her mother knew all this but still insisted that Shivani become his wife after the Igwe and Lolo had paid them a visit and requested that one of her daughters got married to Dike.

At first she had been happy thinking her mother would choose her. But when her mother chose Shivani, she had been heartbroken. And not totally surprised.

Getting married to Dike, the most handsome man of Umuzulu was her dream. And she was going to get him no matter what.

'kobo for your thoughts sis' Shivani's voice shook her from her reverie as she fell on the empty space beside her 'what were you thinking?'

'uhm? No...nothing. Just thinking about random things' She lied with a smile.

'random things like?' her sister propped her chin with her left hand 'boy wahala?'

'what are you talking about? Go jhor!' She backed her sister with a playful smile on her face.

'tell me about the guy who's captured my sister's heart, tell me, tell me' her elder sister giggled.

'there's no guy Shivani, stop teasing me'

'you obviously have a boyfriend now right? You're all grown up! See your busts, they are even bigger than mine now' Shivani teased.

Mia's cheeks flushed in embarrassment 'quit now Shivani, please!'

'okay okay' Shivani said raising her hands in mock surrender laughing 'i quit. But that doesnt mean you wont tell me about the guy sooner or later. Meanwhile, i got some stuffs for you. Come on, lets go to my room'

At the thought of that, Mia's face brightened with a smile. Everytime Shivani visited home which was once in a long while, she made sure she got things for her. Shivani was very nice to her, little wonder it was hard hating her despite the fact that she took everything she ever wanted away from her.

'i love this gown!' Mia gasped covering her mouth with her left hand as she beheld the cream-coloured sleeveless knee-length gucci dress. It was wonderful! She had never seen anything as beautiful as it.

'do you like it?'

'like it? Are you fucking kidding me now Shiv? I practically love this dress! Thanks Shiv' She hugged her elder sister tightly 'i really love it, i swear!'

'and this shoes? I especially got them for you. I dont know if it'd be your size though'

Mia gazed at the gold-coloured shoes. It was beautiful too, Jimmy Choo collection. She slipped her feet into it and it fitted perfectly 'perfect sis!'

Her sister laughed as she brought out three brands of perfumes, wristwatches, jewelries, bags, makeups, lingerie and so many other accessories for her sister. Mia couldnt help but marvel at it all, her sister had excellent choices.

'i think we would have to go on a picnic tomorrow. We would go with Ify and Chichi, i really missed those two' Shivani giggled.

'and i hope you got stuffs for them as well? Because they'll cut off your head if you dont' Mia joked.

'of course i did. I also got stuffs for mother but...she's obviously mad at me. I dont know how i'm going to earn her forgiveness. I really provoked her' Shivani said suddenly feeling remorseful.

Mia fought the urge to scoff and roll her eyes.

Mother's girl, always wanting to be on her goodside. She snorted silently.

But she forced a smile 'you shouldnt worry too much. You know mother's like that. She loves controlling everyone's lives. You shouldnt listen to her. Get married to the man you love, Dike or whatever should go to hell!' She goaded.

'i know, i know mum loves controlling people's live but she's our mum. She wouldnt want me to get married to that man if it wouldnt be for my own good'

Her brows went up immediately 'so what are you trying to say now? What about Choudhary? Are you going to get married to Dike?'

'i didnt exactly say that' Shivani swallowed 'but i just want mum to be happy. She's been through so much for us you know'

'so what are you trying to say in essence? That you're going to throw your fiance away and get married to man who's not going to make you happy? Really Shivani?' She couldnt believe this. Shivani must never get married to Dike. No! Dike was hers, and hers alone.

'dont make it sound that bad' Shivani pouted.

'if thats what you're planning to do, then i'm highly disappointed in you Shiv. I never expected you to stoop so low!' She packed the things her sister got for her and proceeded to leave the room.

'Mia? Mia? Come back please' Her sister called but she ignored her.

She had to do something.

TBC

Re: Tradition - A Story by smardray(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=kingofcasting post=56506394][/quote] your destiny has been casted into d lake of fire...werey..known 4 stupidity....well done jare madam chumzy...how awesome u ar at dis work!

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Feyikemi12(f): 1:15pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=kingofcasting post=56506394][/quote]is everything alright
Re: Tradition - A Story by kingofcasting(m): 3:36pm On May 14, 2017
smardray:
[s]your destiny has been casted into d lake of fire...werey..known 4 stupidity....well done jare madam chumzy...how awesome u ar at dis work![/s]

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chickychic(f): 1:22pm On May 15, 2017
for real
only you form all these write up
you must be a story writer.
but kindly leave our writer and her pen alone ooo
TheBlessedMAN:
Yea.. I must comment.. Buh, i wanna ask u a question.. Promise to be honest...

Can't u ever write an injury free story 4 once? Must every story u write end up sending sum1 to coma?

And again, pls U no dey do screening for all this ur characters b4 u hire them ba?

Why am i asking this last question... Its simply becos most of them are senseless... For instance, look at that expensive idiot called Dike, see how he's been treating people of the opposite sex? When u first introduce him to us, u presented him to us as someone that has integrity and as a responsible man, nt d other way round. Now see what a nuiscance u and ur manipulative pen have turn him to

2. Shivani - God, i hate this girl eh, even if HATRED has got a price tag and its ready for auction, am ready to outbid the highest bidder just to buy enough HATEs so that i can professionaly and Legally hate her without any consequences.. Chumzy, u introduce her to us, as a woman of self exteem buh now, c wat u and ur Pen hav turn her to? A MOTHER's Sissy... I hate her, to say the least..

MIA.. - My favrite Character so far.. Atleast she agreed to b the only Villain in the story... More evil to ur heart, as u embark on this diabolic and wayward life..

FREDA - mama, i must tel u, the distance between ur Brain and common sense is longer than the square root of Diego costa's real age..
No be abuse o, na painful fact..

Chinny - with every basket mouth character, comes a swollen cheek and a black eye .. Ur Nepa only knw how to cut wire, u no know how to sow am bak.. Shame on u.. U better beg Chumzypinky(ur boss) and her cruel Pen to deliver u from the devil u call a husband b4 he turn u to a punching bag..

Chumzypinky- am warning u, u better watch it.. U better thread cautiously, dis one that u've started turning a G.R.A (the story) into Oshodi market.. No be say, its ur way of warming up to start killing ur characters one by one? U wil now be saying thats 'FICTION FOR ME'. I SWEAR To u ON ARSENE WENGER'S sturborness, if u wound anyone, talkless of killing, if i no Sell my grandpa's 1942 504 peugeot and use the money to carry u to court, i swear fervently Make MTN NO BORROW ME CREDIT AGAIN..

By the way... HAPPY BUHARI'S RETURN..his 1st day in office, no LIGHT IN MY AREA..

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.