Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,355 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

6 Things Social Media Stole From Today's Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things Social Media Stole From Today's Marriage (453 Views)

What the Men Face/Passes Through In Today's Marriage / 6 Things That Can Make A Man Lose Interest In You (no. 6 Is Annoying) / Today’s Marriage Prayer – My Our Lives Be Filled To Overflowing Joy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Things Social Media Stole From Today's Marriage by Funminicrown: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
We all know that divorce rate is on the increase by each passing day with several factors combating the institution but one with a leading role is the social media. Of a truth, the benefits of social media and networking sites cannot be overemphasized, yet, the theft cum robbery in the quality of today's marriage cannot be thrown into oblivion. Let's get down to business.
6) Trust: This has disappeared from homes giving kudos to social media. The restriction alert on some people's phones will beat that of some banks strong room. The look on some men's face when their wives borrow their phones to make urgent calls is like you're toying with their two eggs.
5) Family Union: Some families have their sitting room on whatsapp. They now meet on chatting platforms to gist and bond together as family when they both live under same roof. Yorubas would say orisirisi(don't ask me d meaning, get a translator).
4) Attention: We've all experienced this at one time or the other. You repeat a statement one thousand and one time before getting a response, it simply means one thing -no attention.
3) Secrecy: Ten gbosas to our celebrities for saving me the explanations.
2) Nice Delicacies: Our kitchens have been turned to photo studios. What more do you expect from a photographer in a studio than burnt and tasteless meals? After posting pictures displaying their cooking skills on instagram and the likes, they will still come back to nairaland and facebook with topics like 'my husby has refuse to eat my food, what should I do?' My response: if you wanna cook, cook... if you wanna chat, chat... your phone has no business in the kitchen.
1) Communication: The social media has become some people's immediate family. Some are even comfortable relating their feelings with the internet than their spouses. Some feel better with online ideas, opinions and suggestions than that of their partners.

Which of these are you guilty of?
Feel free to add yours.
Funminicrown
Re: 6 Things Social Media Stole From Today's Marriage by tkpoint2(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
Thump Up OP.

7. Putting up pictures and videos on social media could be used for;
a. defamation
b. insult which could lead to loss of confidence in your self.
d. Blackmailing e.g Our Apostle Paul et al

8 Social media allows people to ignore their feelings, and obligations to their children around them.

9. Reality has been taken over by social media now everything is fake.( Fake News, Fake As.s, fake boo.obs)

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Social Media Stole From Today's Marriage by BlackDBagba: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Great Deliverance For Lust And Sexually Immorality / Weeding Scandal / I Need Some Code To Go About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.