Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) (69437 Views)

Jilted Man Posts Estranged Lover’s Nude Pictures Online / Man Dies Hours After Engaging In A Fight With His Wife In Delta (Photos) / Man Commits Suicide On Third Mainland Bridge, Jumps inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by delishpot: 6:52am On Mar 08, 2017
mosezky:
the guy is not dead!!

How did you know
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 6:55am On Mar 08, 2017
pearly1:
wetin this one dey talk sef?why didn't you commit suicide within the 8 years of Ekiti stay?

Good question....to live in this world is not by force sef, almost all nigerians are depressed, why kill himself? Abookis wey Leave the village and come to lagos to hustle no get sense? He is just lazy jare, don't blame anybody for his death. My close friend was very poor and depressed, just last week ,he won 9.8million on naijabet, if he had taken his life ,e go see the money win?
I don't gamble but I don't give up in what ever I do until I succeed , I wonder why I would want to kill my self and go to hell
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 08, 2017
iRyan:
you still not getting it. Do you know you can have all of the highlighted and beyond and still be eluded of happiness? Being successful and feeling accomplished is not a ticket to depression free land. Nigerians are humans too and as such aren't immune to getting depressed.
You cant know about something until you know about it.
You dont know beyond what you know about depression so you can never understand why someone who is successful will commit suicide until you know beyond what u know about depression

I get you bro, very well. I'm saying that......the kind of depression you mentioned above cannot happen in Nigeria. I've never heard that such a person or persons committed suicide in Nigeria. All the suicide I've read of on nairaland are hardship based.
Have you seen a Nigerian rich and comfortable man commit suicide?
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by mosezky: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2017
delishpot:

How did you know
Dey no see d guy dead body..
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by MmmS(f): 7:03am On Mar 08, 2017
yinchar:
Coward
Commiting suicide is not the best solution
ignorance is not a badge of honour, in case you were told otherwise. Educate yourself on what depression is and how it can affect a person before posting on something you know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:04am On Mar 08, 2017
The guy wear Barcelona Jersey e be like say na PSG kill am oooo
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by delishpot: 7:05am On Mar 08, 2017
mosezky:

Dey no see d guy dead body..

Maybe he go die for bridge or for some lonely place Na. That is even a cause for more worry.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:06am On Mar 08, 2017
ceejay80s:

. My close friend was very poor and depressed, just last week ,he won 9.8million on naijabet, if he had taken his life ,e go see the money win
ur own case worse pass lie Mohammed cheesy
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by maasoap(m): 7:06am On Mar 08, 2017
slurryeye:

Now lemme tell you what I mean. I said "arrested and questioned" not "arrested and jailed". This is the reason why he is culpable for cyberbully. If you look at the timeline of the lady that commented about the guy demise, you will notice that she said she saw the suicide message the night prior. on the other hand, if you look at the comments of the Ibidun guy, you will see that he posted them at 11.08pm and 11.17pm of the same night of the suicide note which implies the messages were sent between minutes to few hours to the suicide. Also, the fact that the Ibidun guy felt no remorse for the suicide note could mean that something transpired between the 2 of them. And the only way to know this is by questioning him and doing an investigation
At least, we agree that that his post didn't qualify as cyber bullying. I sympathise with the family of the deceased guy and I blame Ibidun for taking suicidal post as a joke. Even though, he couldn't be the only friend of the deceased that might have read the post but only one that responded (at least, according to the screenshot shown to us). But, he has no case to answer except for the reason you gave which still didn't have anything to do with cyber.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by maasoap(m): 7:09am On Mar 08, 2017
austinosita:

I get you bro, very well. I'm saying that......the kind of depression you mentioned above cannot happen in Nigeria. I've never heard that such a person or persons committed suicide in Nigeria. All the suicide I've read of on nairaland are hardship based.
Have you seen a Nigerian rich and comfortable man commit suicide?
And hardship is not among the factors that can cause depression? This guy, don't kill me with laughter. cheesy
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Claessique1(f): 7:10am On Mar 08, 2017
The first comment of that Ibidun guy or whatever is his name is, was so dumb. Just imagine
Even if it sounded like a joke to him.
If only people know what depression means. Try put good words across to such person People.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by mosezky: 7:10am On Mar 08, 2017
delishpot:

Maybe he go die for bridge or for some lovely place Na. That is even a cause for more worry.
If you can find someone dead body.... Then declare the person missing
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Claessique1(f): 7:11am On Mar 08, 2017
Dadasneh:
Never take a Suicidal comment lightly...
Ibidun Jus did... And guess what?
He lost a Friend.

Say No to depression
From a REGISTERED mental health Nurse

God bless you for this, his comment got be angry,
why?
Even if it sounded like a joke. A word would have just changed everything.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by dederocs(m): 7:13am On Mar 08, 2017
Fayose entertataining ekiti People with propaganda and drama, While wasting their colective resources.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 08, 2017
maasoap:

And hardship is not among the factors that can cause depression? This guy, don't kill me with laughter. cheesy

Read my comment well, and read this your own.

What are u saying Bros?

I've been saying that hardship is the major factor that causes depression in Nigeria
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Claessique1(f): 7:13am On Mar 08, 2017
slurryeye:
Some people take everything as joke. The Ibidun Pino guy should be arrested and questioned for cyber bullying

It was obvious that the suicidal guy was very depressed when he wrote the msg on Facebook, instead of words of encouragement to fight thru whatever he was facing, one idiot decided to use his words to actuate the suicide

Ibidun Pino, you will live the rest of your life knowing that your words helped in accelerating a friend's death when he needed your love and support most

My thoughts basically.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by debbie223(f): 7:14am On Mar 08, 2017
why commit suicide?Its not an option,times are hard,every has their challenges but nobody should allow d devil to av d last laugh,he should'nt be given that opportuinity
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by perfectcrown(f): 7:15am On Mar 08, 2017
Papykush:
Since the time fayose regained power in Ekiti state, things have been bad...people are so frustrated and sad little things make them depressed...Alot of suicides take place, you only know about the ones you read.

Ekiti is broke...no company, no factor... No means of developing the economy in that state.

They only have Schools, hotels and filling stations which are mostly patronized by government workers but these guys are not paid neither is the money flowing in that state...the only guys balling in Ekiti state are yahoo guys, criminals and guys deep into rituals.

FYI: I was in Ekiti state for 8Years so I know what I am typing... Argue with your phone.

You are totaly right. I shuttle btw ekiti and kad. Tho im based in kad.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by delishpot: 7:16am On Mar 08, 2017
mosezky:

If you can find someone dead body.... Then declare the person missing

But you can't definitely say he is NOT dead too. You point is he can not be declared dead until they find his corpse. Someone can be dead but his body is still missing.
In the end, I understand your point.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:19am On Mar 08, 2017
Chai! So you miss the match ?
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:27am On Mar 08, 2017
Aniedi30:
Rip buhari as kill one of the people that trek for him ......incase u don't know his still trekking to hell fire because the life him take no be him own
aniedi o Ku nam yak nsak imam mkpa oopp grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Uniquejames(m): 7:30am On Mar 08, 2017
Chai.....dude shoulda just sent fayose his post...... RIP BRAH
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by OldBeer: 7:32am On Mar 08, 2017
ceejay80s:

Good question....to live in this world is not by force sef, almost all nigerians are depressed, why kill himself? Abookis wey Leave the village and come to lagos to hustle no get sense? He is just lazy jare, don't blame anybody for his death. My close friend was very poor and depressed, just last week ,he won 9.8million on naijabet, if he had taken his life ,e go see the money win?
I don't gamble but I don't give up in what ever I do until I succeed , I wonder why I would want to kill my self and go to hell
You are extremely stoopeed.
Robin Williams the famous Hollywood actor that committed suicide was lazy abi?
Instead of reading up, you will come online to show the world your crass ignorance.
Idiota.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2017
austinosita:
I can never end a life I did not create and I beg God not to allow juju people control me to do that!

Life in Naija now is really not fair for everybody, including the rich! Everybody is just trying to survive any how.

Nobody should ever think of suicide.......even beggars can never think of suicide, let alone a full fleshed, healthy man. Worse of it all, go and do menial jobs. There are a lot of them, labourer, driver, picking refuse, cleaning toilets, etc!

I tell u the truth, I know some intelligent graduates(graduated about 5 to 8 years ago) that do these menial jobs, and at night they still hang out with one or two bottles of beer and even with pepper soup. They even talk about their hustle and laugh it off!
The next day, the same hustle continues!

#Life sweet o!

#just live it and enjoy it anyhow!
spotted. I'm one of em.. Grad since 2010. No Good paying job. I still hustle under the scorching sun and do any menial job and I don't take it into consideration how demeaning it is.. At the evenings after each labour I do cool at a palmy joint with my bar cheesy
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2017
OldBeer:
You are extremely stoopeed.
Robin Williams the famous Hollywood actor that committed suicide was lazy abi?
Instead of reading up, you will come online to show the world your crass ignorance.
Idiota.
I blame ur parents for not giving u a proper home training, shebi u have rope, go and kill urself too, who send una message, useless mofo
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2017
EternalTruth:
ur own case worse pass lie Mohammed cheesy

Guy I am not making it up, its the truth about the 9.8m, I didn't say it was me that won it, but I wished it was me, I don't gamble and I no see wetin I go gain if I lie about it
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 08, 2017
EternalTruth:
spotted. I'm one of em.. Grad since 2010. No Good paying job. I still hustle under the scorching sun and do any menial job and I don't take it into consideration how demeaning it is.. At the evenings after each labour I do cool at a palmy joint with my bar cheesy

Correct guy. smiley

God Almighty will bless your hustle. He will elevate you to a better level.
Just keep being happy and thankful to God

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:42am On Mar 08, 2017
Papykush:

Quick look at my Facebook page? Lol...be forming pdp detective there... Maybe I should type in slow motion for you to understand me better

I WAS in Ekiti for 8years...If you are as intelligent as you think, you wouldn't go seeking for things more powerful than your 1kb IQ.
it's obvious they didn't understand ur sarcasm because they're bereft of comprehension.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by EternalTruth: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2017
ceejay80s:

Guy I am not making it up, its the truth about the 9.8m, I didn't say it was me that won it, but I wished it was me, I don't gamble and I no see wetin I go gain if I lie about it
chai. The guy go give testimony and special song on Sunday like :

i can see everything turning around, everything is turning around, everything turning around for my good
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by mich24(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2017
CEOJAMIENAIJA:
A depressed Nigerian man from Ado-Ekiti, Ariyo Olanrewaju Taiwo who was thought to be joking, after making a suicidal post on Facebook have committed suicide.

Read the tribute a close friend of his posted after the cut

http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/03/depressed-man-dies-hours-after-making.html

No cause for alarm, If Awolowo could do it why won't his descendant.

It just simple
Get 1 bottle of Otapiapia
Then take 3 spoonful
The rest is between you and God

Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2017
yinchar:
Coward
Commiting suicide is not the best solution

He was not a coward. He suffered major depression. Moreover, it is not that easy to end one's life.
Re: Ekiti Man Posts About Suicide On Facebook & Dies Hours After (Photos) by OldBeer: 7:56am On Mar 08, 2017
ceejay80s:

I blame ur parents for not giving u a proper home training, shebi u have rope, go and kill urself too, who send una message, useless mofo
Same like your mother.
Dat bîtch should have swallowed cos you are a waste of space.
Bästardio.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Couple Having Sex Bathed With Acid In Kano (graphic Photo) / There Are Many Things Wrong With Evans' Story / Man Flogs His Wife After Catching Her Having Sex With A Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.