Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,532 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

"Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" (41088 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by TheVictorious(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2017
loydarch:

oy yeah it just got faster(wifi,means my gig runs down faster cry kiss)

water supply lets not go their i can right a book on how d school can be inconvinient

and d worst part they dont take input from students or staff most time am not asking to change the schools fundermentals (spirituality,integrity and d rest )just saying more respect please this kind of thing should be condoned moral and education wise

If only you knew you were speaking to an alumnus.

1 Like

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by TheVictorious(m): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Statsocial:

True CU needs to tidy up it's student affairs and ensure that students are not being victimized. For a University with numerous MoU with reputable foreign unis. They may see some of their partners ripping up their partnership if they find out this kind of issue happened in CU.

Yes sir. One thing about CU I noticed when I was there is that it runs a good and transparent system but students don't know their right and don't care to do either. Majority are too docile in a way that annoys me. Sorry to say! After-all, it's the same security guards (and even cleaners) that greeted us with great respect and admiration when we were in Paul, Joseph and Daniel halls that threaten peter hall guys all the time; and all the do is go on social media and cry foul about CU management (lool Security and cleaner and even buttery guys dey claim management for them).
I have had cases when I complained on issues bordering on the concerns of fellow students (who come and complain in the hall), only for them to deny when the case was being considered, claiming that they are okay, they don't want any problem.
I had cases where people threatened me with funny stuffs (trying to boss me/ force their opinion on me) and I simply asked, where is that in the handbook.

How about a story I shared here about how that the bookstore where I paid money for a work I needed didn't do it. When I was complaining that I needed to submit, the head of the book store came out and scolded me before the crowd in the bookstore. She said "all this children of nowadays, they will give you work and you won't do it before hand". I immediately replied her oh. "Ma. everything you just said now is nonsense. You have no business advising me. I paid you for that work. You should even be apologizing for not doing my work. In fact, return my money!" Guess what, she returned my money and apologized before students and staff that were standing and watching in shock. What else would she have done, believe me nothing!

How about a case where a lecturer gave me F on attendance basis - after I provided clear evidences for my plight. He was a very respected Prof (I wouldn't mention dept.) and threatened me that nothing can be done about his actions even if I beg him forever (lol he thought I will beg). I kept writing letters on that issue until senate met on that case. It was eventually over-turned after years of pressing! It was quite a long and interesting case.

When I was supposed to end IT, my supervisor didn't want to come, I wrote a letter to him stating my concerns and assuring him that I will leave once my internship report period is over, copied to the VC, Registrar, Dean of Students, etc. Lol. He had no choice but reply immediately, apologizing and giving "well-thought" excuses. He requested for grace of two weeks after the date I stated!

[I can attach proofs of all these if you want]

What we see in CU is what can happen anywhere in the world where one is taken advantage of because he doesn't know his right, or he is very careless, and timid as the case may be. Not because of the system is bad but because someone is taking advantage of another person that is ignorant of the system. I bet you that that guy (loydarch) complaining about food and caf issues has never written to the management before or raised a concern in a parley or management meeting if at all he attends any. Majority of students don't even evaluate their lecturers during course evaluation and if they do, they simply score every single person good and excellent. Can you imagine? At times I really wonder whether it's this African mentality that is disturbing us. One thing I told myself then was in CU was that no individual that is in authority own CU as a result of his/her position and he is therefore not anymore of a CU person than me. Whatever he does (if unreasonable) cannot make me dislike CU, it can only make me dislike him, and want someone that upholds the core values more to replace him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
Bigboytinz:
u r talking to ur fuuucking self hegoat

If u believe urself to be a Billy goat, there's absolutely nothing I can do to make u feel lesser human since u already considered urself to be one
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
TheVictorious:

Yes sir. One thing about CU I noticed when I was there is that it runs a good and transparent system but students don't know their right and don't care to do either. Majority are too docile in a way that annoys me. Sorry to say! After-all, it's the same security guards (and even cleaners) that greeted us with great respect and admiration when we were in Paul, Joseph and Daniel halls that threaten peter hall guys all the time; and all the do is go on social media and cry foul about CU management (lool Security and cleaner and even buttery guys dey claim management for them).
I have had cases when I complained on issues bordering on the concerns of fellow students (who come and complain in the hall), only for them to deny when the case was being considered, claiming that they are okay, they don't want any problem.
I had cases where people threatened me with funny stuffs (trying to boss me/ force their opinion on me) and I simply asked, where is that in the handbook.

How about a story I shared here about how that the bookstore where I paid money for a work I needed didn't do it. When I was complaining that I needed to submit, the head of the book store came out and scolded me before the crowd in the bookstore. She said "all this children of nowadays, they will give you work and you won't do it before hand". I immediately replied her oh. "Ma. everything you just said now is nonsense. You have no business advising me. I paid you for that work. You should even be apologizing for not doing my work. In fact, return my money!" Guess what, she returned my money and apologized before students and staff that were standing and watching in shock. What else would she have done, believe me nothing!

How about a case where a lecturer gave me F on attendance basis - after I provided clear evidences for my plight. He was a very respected Prof (I wouldn't mention dept.) and threatened me that nothing can be done about his actions even if I beg him forever (lol he thought I will beg). I kept writing letters on that issue until senate met on that case. It was eventually over-turned after years of pressing! It was quite a long and interesting case.

When I was supposed to end IT, my supervisor didn't want to come, I wrote a letter to him stating my concerns and assuring him that I will leave once my internship report period is over, copied to the VC, Registrar, Dean of Students, etc. Lol. He had no choice but reply immediately, apologizing and giving "well-thought" excuses. He requested for grace of two weeks after the date I stated!

[I can attach proofs of all these if you want]

What we see in CU is what can happen anywhere in the world where one is taken advantage of because he doesn't know his right, or he is very careless, and timid as the case may be. Not because of the system is bad but because someone is taking advantage of another person that is ignorant of the system. I bet you that that guy (loydarch) complaining about food and caf issues has never written to the management before or raised a concern in a parley or management meeting if at all he attends any. Majority of students don't even evaluate their lecturers during course evaluation and if they do, they simply score every single person good and excellent. Can you imagine? At times I really wonder whether it's this African mentality that is disturbing us. One thing I told myself then was in CU was that no individual that is in authority own CU as a result of his/her position and he is therefore not anymore of a CU person than me. Whatever he does (if unreasonable) cannot make me dislike CU, it can only make me dislike him, and want someone that upholds the core values more to replace him.
Wow Interesting read. I hope u do get very involved in the Alumni base. I believe we can correct numerous issues from that platform..
By the way do you have an idea of how much CU charges for MBA or other MSc programs?
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2017
BlueRayDick:

If u believe urself to be a Billy goat, there's absolutely nothing I can do to make u feel lesser human since u already considered urself to be one
u got a big mental problem
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 6:19am On Mar 10, 2017
Bigboytinz:
u got a big mental problem
Same as everyone in ur lineage. Cos it takes only a mentally unstable idioot to look at a comment that has nothing to do with his state of fooolishness and decide to curse the poster out for no explainable reason
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 7:23am On Mar 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Same as everyone in ur lineage. Cos it takes only a mentally unstable idioot to look at a comment that has nothing to do with his state of fooolishness and decide to curse the poster out for no explainable reason
u are a piig and clearly a foool
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2017
Bigboytinz:
u are a piig and clearly a foool

U are below a pig negro, u are as foolish as they come....
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

U are below a pig negro, u are as foolish as they come....
thrassshyyy idiiot
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2017
Bigboytinz:
thrassshyyy idiiot

U mean urself and ur kinsmen? sorry....I meant ur kins-goat
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

U mean urself and ur kinsmen? sorry....I meant ur kins-goat
ur father
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 11:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Bigboytinz:
ur father

Ur human eating ancestors u meant to say
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 4:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Ur human eating ancestors u meant to say
instead of just saying cannibals. dix u go to school at all. fuuul. ur father yansh
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bigboytinz:
instead of just saying cannibals. dix u go to school at all. fuuul. ur father yansh

So much for going to school... . Smh... The Billy goat just made a two line post and can't even express himself absent of typos..... Am sure ur mortuary attendant father couldn't afford to waste his meager salary on a dumbell like you.

Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 1:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
BlueRayDick:

So much for going to school... . Smh... The Billy goat just made a two line post and can't even express himself absent of typos..... Am sure ur mortuary attendant couldn't afford to waste his meager salary on a dumbell like you.
foolishbastard. back to the sender
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by BlueRayDick: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2017
Bigboytinz:
foolishbastard. back to the sender
grin grin I thought I could make u appreciate your level of idiocy by indulging ur dumbass. Guess I have to allow ur semi-educated asss revel in his madness all alone
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by litetias(m): 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
AKPUGO
They now have a campus in Akpugo?
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by Bigboytinz: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2017
BlueRayDick:
grin grin I thought I could make u appreciate your level of idiocy by indulging ur dumbass. Guess I have to allow ur semi-educated asss revel in his madness all alone
u r fuckin crazy and u were born of an harlot
Re: "Pastor Slaps Covenant University Student For Pressing IPod During Service" by lilliesboy(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2017
Slapping is part and parcel of the University's curriculumn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mohammed Sani Idiagbon Resigns - Sexual Harassment Suspect / Electricity Pole Danger In Kaduna Polytechnic (Photos) / Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.